[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is cutting while doing SS a good idea? I've read that you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1429496075862.png (7 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
1429496075862.png
7 KB, 473x454
is cutting while doing SS a good idea?

I've read that you can build muscle and lose fat if you're only a beginner, which I am.

I'm 5'10'', 145 lbs, most of my fat is centered around my thighs, waist, and ass. Thought about cutting at 2100kcal with a low carb diet.
>>
File: 1448343176252.jpg (49 KB, 482x608) Image search: [Google]
1448343176252.jpg
49 KB, 482x608
>>35280329
>falling for the SS meme
Fucking die op
>>
>>35280466
do you really think splitting is a good idea for a complete beginner?

the only criticisms ive seen for SS is "have fun with trex mode" but desu familiar you have to be retarded to not catch that before it's too late

is there any other reason i should kill myself?
>>
>>35280512
>do you really think splitting is a good idea for a complete beginner?
Depends if you're okay with doing high rep (8-12) hypertrophy work with babby weights.
General consensus is to go SS for 6mo - 1 yr (along with accessories if you want) and get down the basics + gain strength.
Nothing wrong with starting on a split though.
You can cut while doing strength work and make noob gains yes. But you'll hit a plateu eventually and have to eat above TDEE to keep progressing.
145 at 5'10" doesn't sound too fat though, unless you have absolutely no muscle.
>>
>>35280593
i don't look fat, but i have really terrible distribution of the fat i do have. Namely my ass and thighs are really flabby while my upper body and arms are very thin.

I really am pretty weak. stats:

>115 bench 3x5
>195 deadlift 2 reps
>115 squat 3x5
>>
>>35280624
>Namely my ass and thighs are really flabby while my upper body and arms are very thin
Read up on yohimbine. It might help with the fat distribution in those areas. Cardio will help too.
>>
>>35280624
i'm 5'10 at 155 bulking and I've only got a little bit of stomach pudge that I don't really mind. In my mind I've always had an easy time being a skinny fuck. Been half assing SS for 3 months and still seeing results. Hell I saw results after 6 weeks.

DESU I look great in clothes and okay shirtless. Shoulders got big, traps got big.

Eat, anon. Eat and lift. That is literally all there is to it.
>>
>>35281385
>google yohimbine
>"Yohimbine is a drug used in veterinary medicine to reverse the effects of xylazine in dogs and deer"

what the fuck family?
>>
>>35280329
Unless you move a lot during the day you arent gonna be at deficit at 2100 kcal a day. SS + cutting will work for the first 2 -3 months, basically the time you will need to get to the point you can no longer regularly add weight to the bar
>>
>>35280329

its fine. Worked well for me.

Your lifts will be less than your peers if you cut, i hope thats okay. if you want to keep up your lifts i recommend maintenance instead of cutting.

also see >>35257974
>>
>>35281544
didn't you know this is an online veterinary forum for xylazine in canines?
>>
i went from 260 to 220 @ 5'7" in 4 months with SS, a 2000 cal keto diet and fasted walking every morning. bodyfat went from 38% to 27%.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.