[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Workout Routine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: bench-press.png (32 KB, 429x365) Image search: [Google]
bench-press.png
32 KB, 429x365
Guise, I need you to rate my workout routines, I don't know if I'm getting gains in the gym or not. I JUST started doing this regime, but have been working out consistently for almost 2 weeks. Please read and critique my routine:
*MIND YOU MY GOAL IS TO SHRED FAT AND GAIN LEAN MUSCLE*
(UPPERBODY)
-Stretch
-1 Mile Warmup Run
-Dropsetting Standing Bicep Curls (No breaks in between dropping weight)
Set 1:
30lbs = 15 reps
25lbs = 15 reps
20lbs = 15 reps
*3 minute break*
Set 2:
35lbs = max reps (usually 5)
30lbs = max reps (usually 8-10)
25lbs = 12 reps
*3 minute break*
Set 3:
30lbs = 12 reps
25lbs = 12 reps
20lbs = 12 reps

SITTING BICEP CURLS 3x10 (3 sets x 10 reps)

SITTING SHOULDER BARBELL PRESS
3 sets, 15 reps (30-35lbs)

BENCH PRESS:
first: No weight warmup
1st set: 25lbs x 15 reps
2nd set: 30lbs x 12 reps
3rd set: 35lbs x 10 reps
4th set: 35lbs x as many until exhaustion

MACHINE CHEST PRESS
2 sets each set until exhaustion

LAT PULL DOWN:
3 sets, 12 reps each

WIDE GRIP PULLDOWN (BACK):
3 sets, 10 reps each

TRI PULL DOWN:
3 sets, 12 reps each

FINISH WITH CUSTOM AB WORKOUT:
30 second planks 3 sets
In one go:
30 seconds bicycle kicks > 10 leg raises > 10 leg crunches to chest (x3 sets)
>>
File: squat-gainz.png (30 KB, 366x370) Image search: [Google]
squat-gainz.png
30 KB, 366x370
LOWER BODY:
-Strech
-1 Mile Warmup Run

BARBELL SQUAT:
4 sets:
first set: 25lbs = 25 reps
second set: 30lbs = 20 reps
third set: 35lbs = 15 reps
fourth set: 35lbs = as many as possible

LEG EXTENSION:
4 sets:
1st set: 90lbs = 15 reps
2nd set: 110lbs = 13 reps
3rd set: 120lbs = 10 reps
4th set: 120lbs = as many as possible

LEG PRESS:
3 sets
1st set: 15 reps
2nd set: 13 reps
3rd set: 10 reps

LUNGES:
5 sets, 16 reps each

RUSSIAN DEADLIFTS:
4 sets, 16 reps each (20 lbs)

DEADLIFTS
3 sets
low weight, high reps

Finish by running
>>
>>35268158
Forgot to add on my ab workouts. I do them after everyday. Currently at 18% body fat tho according to bodybuilder.com :/
>>
File: goals.jpg (32 KB, 412x518) Image search: [Google]
goals.jpg
32 KB, 412x518
Just so y'all know my goal is get LEAN muscle mass and be able to fill out shirts, but not like bodybuilders. i.e. pic related

>stats
I'm 6'2, 192lbs. Big build.
>>
Do something for legs
>>
>>35268243
>>35268158
Didn't see second post
>>
>>35268243
see:
>>35268158
I also ride my bike everywhere because I don't own a car, lol
>>
>>35268259
all good let me know what you think of both
>>
Swap lat pull down with pull ups if/when possible. Superset wide grip pulldown with tri pull down. maybe add a 1 mile warmdown, and maybe do some bike rides?
>>
>>35268220
Thats a shit goal look how skinny and bad his arms are. Shoot for actor physique its the middle ground between classic bodybuilder and whatever this idiot is.
>>
>>35268342
desu i couldn't find a better picture.. I'm looking to be LEAN and have muscle mass. You right , don't really wanna look like him but really only one i could find.
>>
>>35268330
>Superset widegrip pulldown with tri pull down
can you explain what you mind? Just got into working out seriously and don't know what you mean.

>add a 1 mile warmdown
Good idea, I'll do that

>add some bike riding
i ride my bike to and from the gym and all around down

Thanks mate!
>>
>>35268117

>>35268269

Ugh, this is a troll. But, I'll bite.

Anyway, this is a regimen that guarantees lean-skelly mode because I know for a fact that this regimen is way too easy for you. First off, bodybuilder bodies require a LOT of food and protein intake and years of very regimented and strict training. The picture you cited as your goal is the result of lifting heavy but also eating very clean.

Your regimen is shit because it doesn't challenge the muscles to grow and form the way you want them too. It's an endurance routine.

Throw out the routine, go to SS or SL and build a foundation of strength first. You can then start going back and incorporating accessory work to challenge the muscles and you'll be able to lift heavier. The heavier you lift for your reps of 10, the better your results will be.

I recommend at least 2 of the main power lifts every workout, but regardless you need to start heavy, not this pussy footing routine. Move the cardio routine to after your lifts (I personally do a mile after each workout) and use the foam roller to stretch your major muscle groups after each workout. Minimum 3 days a week of major compound movements, off days do accessories to the compounds as well any other body parts that you are somehow neglecting. Once you start getting more adapted, start incorporating some accessory work on compound days. When you hit the strength wall, switch off to P/P/L routines that aim for moderate sets of reps (8-10) at high weights and go from there.

And as always: Eat protons and shit bricks if you want to lose fat efficiently.
>>
>>35268401
Why the fuck everytime I come to /fit/ looking for advice people think I'm a troll?
>bodybuilder bodies
NOT what I'm going for. I want to be lean mass. I play baseball and want to be able to run fast, have agility and mobility, and be quick but have muscle mass.

>lifting heavy but also eating very clean
You right. I've been eating a lot cleaner since I started this.

>SS or SL
i'll look into those

>start heavy
What if I want to build QUICK TWITCH muscle? I was told that you should lift medium weight with high reps to build quick twitch? I don't know though.

Again, I'm not trying to be a bodybuilder... not even close. If anything i wanna lose the fat and gain lean mass..

>eat protons and shit bricks
I'm assuming you meant protein unless I don't know about some sort of thing you can eat

What protein can I eat that isn't full of sugar and isn't bad for the body?

thanks mate
>>
>>35268456

>lose fat, gain muscle
Your routine does not allow for efficient muscle gain. That's why you need to actually lift weights.

If you want to build so called fast-twitch muscles, those are muscles that require power movements. Heavy squats, deadlifts, and bench press are what build fast-twitch muscle. You can also use power cleans to help with that.

If you are referring to SLOW-TWITCH muscles, that's different. They require low weight, high rep because those muscle fibers help with repeated motion. But they aren't going to build muscle gains. They'll just make the muscle more efficient retaining stamina. You'll probably make a little gain, but it won't be aesthetic or otherwise noticeable.

If you want to be fast, lift heavy and do sprints.
>>
>>35268456
I'm sure there's a routine in the sticky by defranco which focuses on muscle strength along with aesthetics. I'd recommend that if you want that, however jorgen de mey wrote a book on actor physique which I'd also recommend.
>>
>>35268550
thanks a lot!
>>35268549
sounds like a plan my man, I don't know if i can really up the ally in the weights tho without dropping the reps a lot..
>>
>>35268550
couldn't find it?
>>
>>35268581
http://www.scribd.com/doc/24235484/Badass-eBook#scribd
>>
>>35268589
I mean the routine by DeFranco

>desu I find the sticky very unhelpful because I don't understand any of it
>>
>>35268599
that is the routine
>>
>>35268645
ok thanks.

also why can't i understand what the hell they're talking about in SS workout? i don;t get it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.