[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-improvement general (SIG) 2016 edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Thailand-Beaches-2.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
Thailand-Beaches-2.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
>ITT: share your goals, objectives for 2016

Sup niggaz
thread music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6V-lygOwA

Alright so 2015 was absolute utter shit for me. I spent most of the year getting high, drinking beer and being depressed. I've spent the last 3 months or so getting a couple monkeys off my back, and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel that once had me contemplate suicide ( I hit rock-bottom when my girlfriend passed away earlier this week...)

2016 is upon us fellas, almost 2 weeks and here we are.

what I'm gonna do:
>learn a 3rd language (spanish)
>quit or greatly reduce the time I spend on 4chan
>get better with the ladies / improve my social circle
>get as close to possible to my ''natty limit'' through flawless nutrition and intense workouts
>learn a martial art (BJJ or muy thai, not sure yet)
>prepare for my 2017 winter trip. I wanna spend 2-3 months in Thailand/ South-east Asia

How about you?
Everyone has room for improvement

recommended reading:
Hero Living by Rudy Reyes
The selected works of Johann Wolf von Goethe
Mastery by Robert Greene
Models by Mark Manson
>>
>1/2

To be fair, I'm a 6'1" blue-eyed blonde guy, so that probably colors what I'm telling you. But I made the leap from years of kissless celibacy in college to getting ass on the regular now,
so maybe this helps a bit.

First, focus on yourself. Doesn't mean go cocoonmode, just that you dedicate yourself to building a solid base. Get in shape. Clean up your house. Get your education or career on track.
Ideally, get some wheels - a pickup and a motorcycle if you can afford it, but a shitty 1990 civic is better than nothing. Basically just eliminate the most important weaknesses.

Second, get a social hobby or two. Your WoW guild doesn't count. Join a frisbee team, a hiking club, or something similar. Coed is preferable but not required;
you're here to make some bros right now, so don't get distracted by women. The goal here is to get used to loosening up and relaxing in a social context, and to make some regular friends.
Start hanging out before and after the events - show up early and chat, stop for drinks with some of the group after events. You're probably years behind in developing your social skills,
but that's completely fine - you don't have to dominate the scene, just focus on being a good listener and being the guy people like to talk to and hang around,
maybe contribute a little to the conversation.

Give that about three months to get comfortable, then start seeing people more socially. You are now ready to start putting in effort with girls. PUA offers one really good piece of advice here -
if you're afraid to approach a girl, or you make excuses about "not right this second, just need an opportunity", then you need to go out and deliberately get rejected by 100 girls.
Sack up and deal with it. I promise, you're basically numb to rejection after the fiftieth one, but the pain of cowardice never stops. Go out with some guys to a bar and get shot down.
If they have tips, listen.
>>
Thanks Dave for your continual blog post feed.

What are the projected estimations for your semen count in 2018?
>>
>>35233114

>2/2

A lot of Chads aren't so hot. Some I've known are manlets, ass-ugly with pug noses, or have the unfocused gaze of a lifelong stoner. They still pull plenty of pussy, because they don't get hung up
and make excuses. They fear their own cowardice more than they fear awkwardness and rejection. They rely on the strength of their bros and their own confidence to succeed.
We aren't all created equal, so it comes harder for some than others. While you're whining about Fair and Inner Beauty, Chad is fucking your oneitis. So stop whining about it.

Once you've overcome your cowardice, get some female friends from your social group to help you revamp your wardrobe.
Chicks love to play dressup; it's their second-favorite thing after playing matchmaker. So you've got one or two female friends helping you fix your wardrobe, and they are off limits,
but they have friends who are single. Get them to set you up. Dates are fine, but I prefer group social environments. The risk that the new girl will prefer one of the other guys is,
in my experience, outweighed by the way you will outrank her in the social hierarchy simply by being there with friends you know well. If you can't take that, set up a blind date.
You'll probably have to go through ten or more before you can handle a first date without spaghetti, deal with it, Chad did it ten years ago which is why he seems so much better now.

Keep it casual. Meet the new girls for drinks somewhere. Wander around the area. Don't be afraid to touch her. Don't push for commitment. Amuse yourself first,
she'll be happier to feed off your positive emotions than to watch you dance to entertain her. Acting like she's gf material is too much pressure, don't do it.

You get good at dating surprisingly fast. Then you get good at hookups. And then, backwards but true, after that you start to get good at meeting girls. And then you're Chad.
>>
I just started lifting 3 months ago so my goals for the end of 2016 are hit 1/2/3/4 on ohp/bench/squat/deadlift. Losing virginity will be kinda cool too, and improvimg my social skills with girls. Maybe get a driving licence. Sorry for my broken english
>>
>>35233095
My goals are simple:

Purple Belt in BJJ (shouldn't be too hard, most people seemed surprised i didn't get one this time around)
Finish my pre-reqs with all A's, do well on GRE, and get into physical therapy school.

OP, most schools offer beginner classes where you can go and try what you like. I personally find integrated grappling and integrated striking more fun than just BJJ or Muay Thai by itself. They seem so stiff and rigid. Lose the gi and things become more fun. Lose the Thai scoring system, and striking becomes more fun.

Some schools offer beginner MMA classes too where you'll get to try out everything. I help teach a class and I think it is great for the new people. Usually they have an idea of what they want to do by the time they graduate.
>>
Hey OP. I do BJJ, and was one of the best decisions I've ever done. Its made me physically and mentally stronger, and there's something about the post training buzz I just don't get doing other stuff.
>>
File: Garlic Dog Wallpaper.jpg (408 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Garlic Dog Wallpaper.jpg
408 KB, 1920x1080
Yay finally a /sig/
2015 was kinda shitty but got sort of back on track during the last few weeks...
>be friends with tumblrette
>get pulled by the tumblrfuck community, get a blog, start thinking i'm special etc. etc.
>this goes on for a few months
>school year starts
>realize that I'm just wasting time with tumblr people
>ditch my friend (BFF at this point) [I fucked up kinda, I should have just straight up told her we're not friends anymore, I just slowly stopped talking to her and she's bitching about it constantly on her blog]
>delete blog, stop hanging out with her totally, go full on ignore mode
>focus on self improvement, start working out, get better grades, practically living off of /fit/ and oats now
>done dog-shit yesterday, played vidya like a madman, 3 important exams next week, it's 12pm now on Sunday and I'm boutta start studying... hopefully I won't fuck up the exams, wish me luck brehs...
Good Luck brehs, We will all make it.
Godspeed.
>>
> Get a job
> Slow bulk with mini cuts to keep abs this time
>Go to college
>Take up boxing or mma
>practice the iron skin technique (can be achieved in a year or two)
>Read more
>Create more
Now I just need to actually map out some plans for these goals.
>>
File: 1447848970822.jpg (56 KB, 500x488) Image search: [Google]
1447848970822.jpg
56 KB, 500x488
>>35233095
I achieved everything but my natty limit this year. When I get there might as well perma blast various steroids and sauna until I kick it? Banging and GF'ing my long time oneitis was the highlight of 2015 for me.
>>
>>35233976
why the fuck is he peeling like 40 bananas at once?
>>
>>35234001
don't question genius
>>
>>35234001
probably freezing them to use for his smoothies or something
>>
>tfw when birthday tomorrow turning 20
>tfw good gf, good family, enough money, decent job, good stats, uni is good good yet still feeling empty
>tfw I've been trying to change this all year yet no progress
what to do fit...
should I just hope 2016 will be a better year
>>
Why is /sig/ always about getting laid?

Personally, I aim to stop biting my nails and learn how to care for them properly, pretty much been a goal since I realized that's not how you are supposed to keep them trimmed.
Secondly, I've been working to fix my posture, but I have no taken what I feel is the most important step, which is not sitting on my ass for the greater part of my day. Accomplishing this should go a long way towards preventing pain and injury when squatting (and deadlifting).

I'd also like to read more. I haven't really stopped reading as much as I used to, I just shifted from proper books to reading 4chan posts all day :^)
>>
>>35233125
agreed on everything except for the female helping you with your wardrobe part, most women I've had help me with buying clothes have failed miserably at picking good items for me. Trust yourself and take note on what looks good on others in real life, not in movies.
>>
I hate people. I finally have a decent paying (low 6 figures) work from home coding gig, admissions in a good phd program, my own place with a garden where I can grow everything I eat except meat, an awesome motorcycle I can ride till I pass out, and a decent home gym setup. I know it's probably genuinely autistic it's so fucking exhausting for me to socialize. My goal is to just go of the grid but in an urban environment.
>>
>>35233095
do muay thai
>>
>have a qt3.14 blonde green eyes gf
>she is everything i ever wanted
>i feel insecure and very low confident
Will lifting makes me more confident and less insecure? How do i solve this shit?
>>
>>35235695
gain value
>>
>>35235699
value?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.