[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become more alpha? I feel like I have all the defining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Alpha Male Personality .jpg (116 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Male Personality .jpg
116 KB, 1600x1066
How do I become more alpha?

I feel like I have all the defining characteristics other than the actual application of attitude. I make this thread truly to learn, and everything I'm about to say is not an inflation of my character, but absolutely true and why I feel like I should act more alpha than I am:

>I'm a big guy. I'm 6'1" 195lbs. I've been lifting for about 4 years.
>I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo. I've been doing this for a little less time than I've been lifting. I'm a blue belt in both. I can man handle a mother fucker.
>I'm pretty good looking. I'm white and have black hair, strong features. Kind of tall dark and handsome
>Deep voice. I do voice overs and commercials for my job. Which leads me to
>Decent job, decent pay. Not rich, but do just fine.

Objectively when I look at this list I feel like I should feel and act like an alpha male, but I dont' act like one. I don't stand up for my beliefs in front of people, I break eye contact. I feel like other people are doing more with their lives, that I'm somehow lacking and don't compare.

What the fuck do I do?
>>
Become The Supreme Gentleman
>>
>>35232322
Can't cause I've had lots of gfs and had lots of sex desu senpai.
>>
Since you clearly are able to type out what you're doing wrong, stop doing that don't be such a pussy and care about what other people think about you. Be yourself and have fun with your life and chase your dreams literally as soon as you stop giving a fuck it'll all fall into place. That doesn't mean be a dickhead to everyone it means don't love your life for anyone else. Live for yourself and don't worry about people's opinions then just practice and you'll get better at social interactions but even then you'll find a lot of people you just don't click well with and that's fine because there are literally billions of other ones you will click with. Do your thing and stop trippin so much breh I ain't even gon hate on you bein over 6ft and under 200lbs I am goin to bring attention to it doe
>>
>>35232346
Lel love= live I've decided to shit post via iphone tonight
>>
Only nerds to martial arts that involve belts
>>
File: 1447188300896.gif (486 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
1447188300896.gif
486 KB, 475x347
>>35232375
Jew detected. Keep your Krav Maga in Israel pls.
>>
>>35232313
Stop compairing yourself to others and stop giving so many fucks about what other people think.

What are these other people really doing? Having kids, buying houses right. Thats their path, not yours. If thats what you want then work towards it. If you'd rather earn cash, bang chicks and travel do that instead.

Being alpha at the end of the day is about being confident in yourself, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>35232313
it all comes from the inside. just be confident, lead the group, protect the oppressed, and don't think too much about "am I being alpha"
>>
>>35232313
>blue belt
>i can man handle a mother fucker
pfffffft hahahahahaha blue belts
>>
>>35232401
>>35232403
Fair enough, but what do I do when someone is talking over me, disregarding my opinions... dominating me socially in general?
>>
>>35232413
>not having respect for blue belts
Either you've a) never trained in a grappling art and have no idea how belts are given out or b) are an absolutely disrespectful shit that no one enjoys training with

I work full time and go to school and train. I'm glad I even got to achieve my blue belt desu senpai. I've tapped my share of purple belts in BJJ, and I'll bet I could tap you. No BJJ practitioner is so arrogant that they'd shame a blue belt having no idea their actual level without watching them. Now please fuck off you keyboard warrior
>>
>>35232417
try not being autistic
>>
>>35232417
You make friends with that person. It raises your social status and their energy will feed your energy. Trying to out perform them makes you look needy. Shutting down is counterproductive.
>>
>>35232413

>Blue belts have been known to tap second degree black belts in tournaments

You obviously have no concept of what you're talking about, you're just embarrassing yourself
>>
>>35232417
They don't do that, and if someone is that rude and it's intentional just stop and be like, are you serious? Call attention to it and if it bugs you that you're around assholes stop being around assholes
>>
>>35232346
B urself :^)
>>
>>35232461
Guys will most definitely out game you at times. They will overshadow your presence and steal most of the attention. It's called holding court and/or AMOGing. Don't what this guy says. That's needy.
>>
>>35232461
>call attention to it
I guess i never considered that it could be this easy. Is it acceptable to use my physical attributes as a means of intimidation if someone gets out of line?
>>
>>35232473
You're not listening. Don't call attention to it and don't start a fight. That's needy behavior.
>>
>>35232313

>How do I become more alpha?

First you must realize that absolutely none of the stuff you greentexted matters in the context of being alpha. It seems like you have a very long way to go.
>>
>>35232469 wtf when? Are you just talkin about your 4chan experience because I've never had that happen to me even when I was aushwitz mode
>>35232473 you don't need to intimidate anyone lol you don't need to be around dick heads I guess if you want you could do some martial arts move and rip his heart out or some shit but don't let some fag walk all over you lol fuck that petty bitch and just do your thing
>>
Is being alpha truly about just not giving a fuck about what anyone thinks? Sparing no one's feelings if it means saying what you think?
>>
>>35232313
Maybe you should take off the pajamas chief.
>>
File: 2007_gymtour[1].jpg (89 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
2007_gymtour[1].jpg
89 KB, 450x450
>>35232413
Tell that to Erik "I was a blue belt for 15 years" Paulson
>>
>>35232313
Start carrying yourself more upright and walk with a purpose - but not like you have a carrot up your ass. Practice by catching people's eyes as you pass on the street. If they look away then you move your eyes away, but never break eye contact and look or glance down. If they hold your gaze then force yourself to hold theirs until you are close enough to walking by them that you would have to turn your head to keep looking and simply turn your eyes back forward, but again, no looking down. When you're in a room, consider yourself the alpha there and act accordingly. Keep it in the fore front of your mind day in and day out until it's second nature. Goes without saying, don't be an ass thinking you're proving something, keep it level and be comfortable in your skin. Good luck.
>>
>>35232568
This post in general is resonating most with me and I thank you for it.

>If they hold your gaze then force yourself to hold theirs until you are close enough to walking by them that you would have to turn your head to keep looking and simply turn your eyes back forward, but again, no looking down.
This in particular I feel I need work on. I feel like if I do this it's asking for confrontation. I always break gaze first because I don't want to get into it with anyone. Automatic reaction unless I'm wearing sunglasses. With those on I feel much more confident.
>>
Jesus Christ I have no idea why I give advice on this board anymore.
>>
File: 1438580629798.jpg (18 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1438580629798.jpg
18 KB, 510x476
>>35232403
kek I can imagine OP strutting around town with his 3/4 pants and wallet chain rattling thinking "I am being Alpha. I am being Alpha"
>>
File: 1439893111225.jpg (33 KB, 737x715) Image search: [Google]
1439893111225.jpg
33 KB, 737x715
> Tell girl you like her
> She rejects you
> Decide to abandon her
> Starts to run back to you

Alpha as fuck.
>>
>>35232313
Its a habit you picked up at some point early on. No way to really pinpoint where it came from but it doesn't matter now. It feels confrontational because it is on some levels, but not necessarily in a physical way as much as more a pecking order. If you will start making yourself hold others eyes, you'll see them look away first and you'll get a good dominate rush feeling. Others will hold your eyes without looking down but if you hold their's, it keeps you on equal footing and not giving ground. It's the most basic form of alpha body language so that's why I suggested to start there. When you sit or stand somewhere, be a little cocky and claim too much space, just don't be a jerk about it. Once you overwrite the old built in habit of looking down or away and letting people encroach on your space you'll start noticing a natural change in your other behaviors.
>>
>>35232527
No I'm talking about a social environment where you don't know everyone like a party, bar, club, or other gathering. Say you see a few cute girls hanging out with a dude at a party and decide to go talk to them. You say hi to the cutest one. You happen to be taller, cuter, and more outgoing. The dude might feel threatened. Now put yourself in the dudes shoes. What do you do when someone more socially adept is stealing your spotlight? You make friends with that person. It seems like common sense, to be friendly. But most guys will either shut down and feel sorry for themselves, or they'll try to up their game and start acting like a clown or extra douchey. Ultimately that's all needy behavior stemming from insecurities and people sense this. The correct thing to do is bro out with the guy. If you're really good, you can bro out so much that he turns his focus to you and now suddenly you're holding court again.
>>
You're a pussy because you never learned to be confident, and it's evident that you think people will respect you just because of your minor objective achievements.

Note: they won't.

Learn to command a room without telling yourself that you love your job, your pay, or your kung fu. In fact, don't even tell people about it and show yourself that they're judging you based on your behavior alone.

You already know your own problems that you can't make eye contact and won't stand up to people. You can make eye contact without appearing creepy as long as you don't stare wide-eyed at people; you can squint a little, change your facial expression, and nod periodically. Everything else is on you.
>>
>>35232313
Don't worry about the cats on here spitting trash talk. A lot of people either aren't aware of how other people perceive them in social situations or just developed the skills and knee jerk reactions of an alpha individual early on in life so what you're asking makes no sense to them. And some of them just bash people from behind a keyboard to make themselves feel better due to deep seated and irrational insecurity/inferiority complexes they have but aren't aware of yet.
>>
I beat up some guy after he spilled his drink on me in a club. Am I alpha?
>>
>>35232709

>Implying you do any of this
>>
>>35232430
Just reading your post makes me feel like I'm reading a manga. The way you describe it is cringey.
>>
File: 1445562535213.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1445562535213.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>35232313
>how2alpha
Cold approach grills in broad daylight.

It's nerve-wracking at first, but once you kill off your anxiety from hitting up strange women anywi and everywhere, all other forms of socializing become a piece of cake.
>>
>>35232890
*anywhere
>>
Don't be alpha be sigma
>>
>>35232313
Follow your dreams then you'll be alpha. You don't have to act like a "tough guy" to be alpha just have a backbone
>>
I banged 70+ girls before I considered myself remotely alpha
Basically I learned to be content, not happy, content, with everything about me and my life
Insults dont make me weaker, compliments don't make me stronger
They're both equLly worthless
Just do and be whatever you think is the best and let people know you do it cause it's best whether they agree or not is good for them
When you hold your ground you're petty much there
>>
>>35233337
What's your secret? Are you handsome? Tall?
>>
>>35232401

this

alpha means living life on your terms, not according to what other people say: if you feel you have to settle down and pop out kids, you are a beta bitch.

do that if you WANT to, but not cause you are TOLD to. follow your desires.
>>
>>35232890
>how2autism
ftfy
>>
Hang out with more beta's you'll feel more alpha.
>>
>>35232313
Just pretend until it becomes real.
>>
I went out with an alpha last night. The main thing that struck me about him is that he has no qualms, shyness or embarrassment about doing anything. How the hell do you let go like that?
>>
become a beta and let the alpha's do all the work
>>
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>blue belt in judo
>thinks this is an achievement
>>
File: google zen enter.jpg (31 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
google zen enter.jpg
31 KB, 360x360
ultra α
>>
Apart from getting a blue belt (Which isnt a very impressive feat) you have done nothing with your life.

All the things you described was handed to you for free in the genetic lottery. Hell, even your job is just using the voice you got.

The thing that makes a person seem "alpha" is his attitude. It's not an act, it's a way of being that comes from hours and hours of pushing yourself in various areas of life.
>>
>>35237576
Pretty much this. A person who is alpha believes in what he works hard and pushes himself for. If you don't work hard and strive for something, it means you don't really care about it.
>>
>>35232313
Be a Cynic.
>>
>>35232313
>How do I become more alpha?
stop being weak, you do not know shit you want in your life, you have no ambition, you have no appetite, you are not an alpha, an alpha leads his life, an alpha has only one thing in mind, to dominate.

you are not alpha
>>
>>35237214
Alcohol and drugs.
>>
>>35232417

Before you read the rest, usually I'm kind of a social autist even though I can hold my own if the subject interests or concerns me;

I have this co-worker at my job. He is very loud, and very much opinionated. If you're in an argument with him (which happens weekly over petty shit) then he will not drop it until you either get pissed off / start yelling or if you tell him he's right.

Now there's not much wiggle room to get out of discussions with this guy, walking away won't solve the problem, talking to a manager will make it worse because he's pulling his weight at work so they're not going to do anything about it except let him know someones been complaining.

The only things that I've been able to accomplish with this guy is to lure him away from co-workers that are less patient than me and talk to him somewhere else. Or just to get involved / take the "blame". That way he's only keeping me off my job instead of everyone around us. During the actual "argument" I just let him rattle on until he's had his say, then I either agree with him, shrug it off or rarely disagree if it pertains a discussion with actual consequences.

If I agree then the discussion is over and he fucks off. If I shrug it off he fucks off as well because he knows I'm not in the mood to argue and have others argue with him. If I disagree I will bluntly state him why I disagree even if he tries talking over me, after which he fucks off as well and comes back once or twice over the day to start again. I've been doing this for 6 months or so and outside of the dumb pointless arguments he's been more and more respectful towards me.

Yes a long pointless story, but I hope you can do something with it. Taking someone away from the group can definitely help, not playing their game also helps. Stand strong, and in "unwinnable" situations just take your losses in the best way you can.
>>
>>35232636

This happens with 100% certainty in this situation. It's not like you did anything special. Women only resort to using their sex appeal to get what they want if you force them into it.
>>
I tried that holding eye contact thing.

I did it with a nerdy looking black guy at work just to practice and he surprisingly held the gaze and I looked away first, I failed, Im a pussy.

But then a few weeks later I learned he was a massive gay and then I felt very glad that I looked away, the guy probably thought I wanted to fuck him and was reciprocating. Fuck.
>>
>>35238105
Fucking junkie degenerates need to get the FUCK off my board NOW.

/fit/ is a StraightEdge board you disgusting loser go kill yourself before your addictions require you to kill to sustain them.

FUCK. OFF.
>>
>>35232313
You didn't include any statement about intelligence in your list of attributes.
Are you intelligent, anon?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.