[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I cannot cut properly. I don't know what to do fit every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: cheat meal.jpg (451 KB, 950x1166) Image search: [Google]
cheat meal.jpg
451 KB, 950x1166
I cannot cut properly.
I don't know what to do fit every time I try to cut its always the same.
Measured with a Tanita 1 week ago and I was at 20.7%bf and 61.2 muscle mass at 178lbs.
Measured today and it was 20.2%bf and 60.8 muscle mass at 176lbs.
I'm just getting smaller, but the fat is still there.
I'm just going according to the sticky, trying to get to 12%bf and clean bulk from there yet I'm unable to do it.
trying to eat 130 grams of protein being 6'0.
On the other side my performance at the gym is better than ever, havent failed a set or failed to add new weight in 3 weeks (with weekly overload of 5 pounds) and I dont know what is going on.
>>
bump of shame
>>
>>35227567
What's your diet and workout routine? That plays a pretty big role in getting fat down. Cut your caloric intake by A LOT, and you should see progress. It's kind of impossible to NOT lose weight if you're cutting out a shit ton of calories.

Also, you should expect to get weaker. Since you're not taking in as many calories, your lifts will suffer a bit, so don't push yourself to lift as much as you were lifting before.

Also, do a bit more cardio.

I'm on a cut from 25% body fat "bear-mode". Been cutting semi seriously for the past 2 months and I'm down to 19%. I just find that I keep having to alter my diet to see the results. It's not always fun eating food that doesn't taste all that great, but it's worth it for the results. I'm down from 195 to 180 (5'7 manlet here), and while I'm not as strong as I used to be, the strength loss isn't anything to write home about (ex., I could bench 315 pre cut, now I'm down to 245 or so).
>>
>>35227370

I dont think you understand... To cut properly and not lose muscle you need to be on steroids... Even with a perfect cut you'll lose significant muscle, in fact it's hard to maintain even a minimal amount of muscle while ha long low body fat

Tl;dr steroids
>>
>>35227635
not OP but i have a question on how cutting works. lets say once youre done cutting, and can eat enough carbs for energy, will your strength be back to your example of lifting 315 from the current 245? or are you saying losing muscle is part of the game
>>
>>35227665
damn so muscle loss while cutting is inevitable? what is the strategy then? does the muscle loss get minimized by a slower, longer duration cut vs a rapid drop in calories per day cut?
>>
>>35227687
Losing muscle is part of the game I'm afraid. I thought I'd be that freak of nature who didn't lose muscle, but I was wrong. One day you walk into the gym and struggle with warm ups. Calories are what're needed to help build bigger muscles, so cutting calories will no only help you lose fat, but also lose muscle.

Once I'm done with my cut, I'll be able to lean bulk and build back up to my old strength. But I have to get rid of all the useless fat first. I'm not expecting to seriously lean bulk until next September or October honestly.
>>
>>35227706
>damn so muscle loss while cutting is inevitable?
Unless you're on roids then yeah, it's envitable. You lose more fat than muscle so I wouldn't really worry about it.
>>
>>35228823
*inevitable
I'm retarded
>>
>>35227635
I'm doing fierce 5 upper lower for 2 weeks after 3 months of ICF which I did on a slight bulk. Also cardio 45 mins on rest days with some ab work. Yeah thats the weird thing, I'm somewhat stronger but technically my muscle mass is going down and I'm not reducing enough body fat.
>>
>>35227370
according to scooby, your body will preferentially use fat for energy over muscle in every circumstance except one: if you are lacking amino acids. Fat can't supply amino acids, so if you need them and your diet isn't sufficient -then- your body will break down muscle.

I think it was amino acids, here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
>>
>>35229445
his recommendation is that at roughly 183cm you need 183g of protein to make sure you retain your muscle mass, not 130.
>>
>>35229445
>your body will preferentially use fat for energy over muscle in every circumstance except one

How do I complain to my body for not doing this?
>>
>>35227370
try measuring your progress after a couple months, not a fucking week you idiot
>>
>>35229542
listening to the video again, his explanation is that you're not enabling your body to do it - you need to be taking in 1g of protein per 1lb of your weight at his estimation, otherwise you'll end up cannabilising muscle for amino acids.
>>
>>35229588
That actually might be my problem.

Is there anything with high protein and low fat/carbs besides chicken, fish, and protein powder?

I've been eating a lot of steak and eggs but now I'm realizing maybe I need more protein and less fat.
>>
>>35229641
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/nutritionfacts/nutrient-ranking-tool.php?n=PROCNT&t=ALL&ra=desc&a=200&i=one

this might help.
>>
>>35229668
Holy shit, I had no idea pork rinds even had protein. And no carbs, god damn.
>>
>>35227370
NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN THROUGHOUT THE DAY. BREAK UP PROTEIN INTAKE OVER THE DAY.

ALSO
>1 week

YOU FAGGOT

Also
>Tanita

WASTED MONEY THERE FAGGOT. RESULTS TAKE TIME DON'T MEASURE ANYTHING OR EVEN LOOK AT YOURSELF UNTIL 2 MONTHS OF HARD CUTTING
>>
>>35230077
double doubles toil and trouble, this man knows da truff
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.