[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have experience with fasting? What method did you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: workoutcouple.jpg (59 KB, 599x604) Image search: [Google]
workoutcouple.jpg
59 KB, 599x604
Does anyone have experience with fasting?

What method did you use and what were your results? Much muscle loss? Was the muscle loss worth the quick results?

Is is basically starving yourself for 24 hours a couple times a week?

I am 6'2, 106 kilos with decent lifts and muscle but a lot of fat.

I'd like to lose a good 10 kilos at least in a couple months. I can't really change my meals because my girlfriend is a gains goblin BUT she is Chinese and they are into the starving diets rather then changing the meals.

So this is my only option.
>>
Bump for some first hand experience
>>
>>35210091
Ive been doing IF 17/5hr for the last three years. Basically skipping breakfast and eating lunch around 2-3 pm. Feels good as I have a lot clearer mind in the morning. I've done a bunch of labwork and I consitently have high HDL and low ldl. Low C- reactive protein too ...and other markers of inflamation. I feel that subtle improvements were more apparent the first year but at this point its just my baseline self. It helped me recover from a hiking injury (lmao i know) and I just started getting back on the gains train 3-4 months ago. Every now and then I do a big boy 24 hour fast and that shit is amazing, *euphoric*

My weight has remained constant at 75kg and I don't even count calories, just eat super clean.

Overall I would recommend it for a male...just making sure you that you have your good fats and quality protein covered. Fasting on a low fat diet is hormonal disaster.

My body is in between sexy skelleton and jacked, idk would post pic if anyone is interested.
>>
>>35210228
typo I'm doing 17/7hr (7 hour feeding window)
>>
>>35210228
Pose naked
>>
>>35210228
Forgot to say that I'm doing for life extension but definitely can be modified for weightloss OP
>>
>>35210254
e tu homo?
>>
>>35210228
I am interested please post.

You skip breakfast every day?

I was planning on just having normal days but adding in a couple whole days of zero eating each week.

So for example

Monday-Thursday= Normal eating,
Friday = Nothing all day
Sat = Normal
Sunday = Nothing all day

All while training 3 days a week. Not training on a fasting day
>>
File: fag.jpg (865 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
865 KB, 1440x2560
>>35210271
I'm not claiming any max asthethics or strength.... I'm just posting this as proof as the kind of body that can be achieve easily by fasting every day, no muscle lost no weakness or bad mood/cognition. Lifting 3-4 times a week and running sprints twice a week.
>>
>>35210271
Yea every day. I would say that going from normal feeding to that schedule would put a lot of strain on your body. If you wanna go 24 hrs do it at most once a week if you are a beginner. You can experiment with daily IF and limiting garbage food, that should work wonders for weight-loss.
>>
>>35210319
Honestly pretty good. Could use more mass but very defined.

Would you recommend what I suggested here >>35210271?

Can you give me a detailed example of your average week?

I am just afraid of muscle loss but by the looks of you I think i'd be happy with the results.
>>
>>35210091
How is this guy alright with his girlfriend going out like this?
>>
>>35210348
Yea I'm working on it, I lost around 4kilo of meat from being injured plus busy w gradschool but Its slowly coming back.

Daily eat clean between 2pm and 9pm, very clean lots of veggies, animal meat, no processed junk, no sugar yadda yadda.

Once a week or every two weeks I fast 24 hours, which means skip breakfast and lunch and then go eat some Korean BBQ, pure bliss

Check out this article:
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

I think the lean gains has a lot of useful info, I just skipped the BCAAS...maybe thats why I'm still skelly lol
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.