[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
White Tea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: white_tea_cup.jpg (33 KB, 409x438) Image search: [Google]
white_tea_cup.jpg
33 KB, 409x438
>2015
>still drinking green tea
>not drinking the superior White tea
>3 times the antioxidants of green tea
>20 times less fluoride then in green tea

Green tea is made from the mature leaves of the tea plant which mean they accumulate quite a bit of fluoride in them, not as much as found in black tea but still, white tea is made from the young leaves only, they have almost no fluoride in them at all and 3 times the antioxidants found in the mature leaves.

so why aren't you drinking white tea? it even tastes better.
>>
Dietary antioxidants have no demonstrated effect on aging or health, aside from only one significant result which showed an increase in mortality at high doses. I really wish the antioxidant meme would die but it has to be the most perpetuated myth in all of consumerism.
>>
>>35135198
>Dietary antioxidants have no demonstrated effect on aging or health

calling bullshit on this one, got a source there buddy? because ive read more research studies with human subjects then i can remember on all sorts of antioxidants and 90% of the time they have some effect, for men they almost always increase testosterone and sperm quality.
>>
>>35135198
>>35135273
I work in a lab that studies the effects of cosmic rays on the neurology of a mammal's brain. We use a particle accelerator to bombard rats with simulated rays to get our test subjects.

The biggest hurdle is keeping them alive for our studies. The cancer rate of these little dudes is 100%. But we want to keep them functional for as long as possible. How do we delay the onset and spread of cancers? Freeze dried strawberries and blueberries in their food.

When compared to control, they live significantly longer. My PI's last name is Rabin if you all want to dig it up on your own
>>
>>35135177
The difference in teas is more about the oxidation process than which plant. Black teas are oxidized the longest hence their appearance
>>
>it even tastes better

Ho boy here we go
>>
>>35135177
I like green and black tea way more. White teas have such a weak taste.

>>35135198
Also this.
>>
>>35137295
thats very interesting, how much longer do they live compared to control? and how much dried berries do you feed them per lbs of bodyweight?

also why blueberries and strawberries? both are only around 4500~ on the ORAC scale, while black raspberries are at 20k or acai at 100k, acai might cost too much for research purposes but black raspberries should cost as much as blueberries i'd imagine..

>>35137349
Op here, well aware that oxidation (fermentation in this case) decides if the tea is black or green, and i didnt claim it was different plants, its all the same plant, just different age of leaves, black//green tea is made from mature leaves, black tea tends to be from the older ones which is why it has more fluoride in it then say green tea which still uses mature leaves but a little younger, white tea is just the youngest leaves with no fermentation, the young leaves had no time to absorb fluoride yet and they contain a greater amount of antioxidants.
>>
>>35137295
Bruce Banner?
>>
>>35135198
>>35138012
>Dietary antioxidants have no demonstrated effect on aging or health
>hurr durr im retarded

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22111516

>This study indicates that daily blueberry consumption for 6 weeks increases NK cell counts, and acute ingestion reduces oxidative stress and increases anti-inflammatory cytokines.
>>
>superior White tea
das racis. Black tea dindu nuffin. he a gud tea. he stimulate minds err day.
>>
>>35140196
Keep /pol/ in /pol/.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.