[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/ why do people think bodybuilders are the worlds strongest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (31 KB, 379x388) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
31 KB, 379x388
So /fit/ why do people think bodybuilders are the worlds strongest people? Why is bodybuilding associated with strength at all?
>>
>>35133298
because being strong and fat is like being scrawny with abs.

entirely unimpressive.

nobody gives a shit about muscles, unless they can see them.

being able to bench 3pl8 is a lot harder at 8% bodyfat than at 35%, everything else being equal

it isn't that people think bodybuilders are the strongest..

they just recognize their feats of strength as the most impressive, and most desireable
>>
powerlifters are to impress guys

bodybuilders are to impress guys (with added bonus of impressing girls)
>>
>>35133298
>So /fit/ why do people think bodybuilders are the worlds strongest people?
The general population knows nothing about strength training, fitness, etc. They only see surfaces and judge books by their cover. This is true everywhere, actually. Politics, entertainment, et cetera. There's a reason why movie stars look like movie stars and not lumpy, middle aged housewives.

>Why is bodybuilding associated with strength at all?
Most people literally don't know the difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting. Jay Cutler did a local Las Vegas morning tv show where the interviewer asked him what it's like setting world records for lifting weight. They're that uninformed. All they do is see a huge guy and think "Oh, he's a weight lifter."
>>
>>35133310
>being able to bench 3pl8 is a lot harder at 8% bodyfat than at 35%, everything else being equal
I'd be impressed if a guy with 35%bf could bench the same as an 8% bf, he's doing that with a significantly smaller level of muscle mass.
think what you meant was its alot more impressive benching 3plate at 8% bf and being a normal weight than being 35% and 140kg
>>
>>35133298
Because a ripped body is always there and visible while lifting a car is only there during the action itself, which would be a very rare occasion. Other times carlifter would just be an another fatty.

"Oh, can I touch your carlift?" said no girl ever. And since your stamina and flexibility is shit no guy would say "Oh, invite strongdude to the football/basketball/baseball game we have a spot open in our team too."

Also general public don't actually realize how hard it actually is to lift weights. They don't realize that reaching 1 plate squat, 1 plate bench etc is very easy for example. Their perception of strong is skewed in a way that if you pass a certain threshold it doesn't matter and thus they see no difference except looking bad and looking good between a strongman/powerlifter and a bodybuilder.
>>
>>35133298
i think both guys look desirable for women, i mean even if the strong fat guy looks fat, no one can deny he also looks strong
>>
>>35133713
>he's doing that with a significantly smaller level of muscle mass.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>35133713
>everything else being equal
dude, i was assuming an equal FFMI

do you even read?
>>
>>35133786
>They don't realize that reaching 1 plate squat, 1 plate bench etc is very easy for example.
Yep, normies are very easily impressionable. I have a pic of myself front squatting 0.5 plate and people lose their shit every time they see it like I'm doing an impossible feat.
>>
>>35133786
>"Oh, can I touch your carlift?" said no girl ever
kek

>>35133811
allow me to answer on his behalf
"potato" (retard for "yes")
>>
>>35133713
>smaller level of muscle mass.
>all things being equal
>>
File: kenny without his mask.jpg (12 KB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
kenny without his mask.jpg
12 KB, 250x257
>>35133310
skinny little manlet who a VERY small penis who has difficulty picking heavy things up but thinks he's hot shit because he can do some curls and pull ups detected. go to bed you fucking idiot LMFAO.
>>
>>35133839
>tfw that post put skinny people and fatties on an even tier
you are both DYEL

go back to /plg/
>>
>>35133327

I'm not impressed by men in g strings
>>
>>35133310

If you think being fat negates strength achievement, then all the strongest guys in human history and those alive today are not impressive. Eddie halls 460kg deadlift, big z 230kg log press, malinchevs 470kg squat, lovchevs 264kg clean and jerk, salimnis 214kg snatch, not impressive at all! Get out of here you faggot.
>>
>>35133813
>>35133833
>8% vs 35%
>everything else being equal
>equal muscle mass
>equal weigth
does not compute
>>
>>35133978
This. It is more impressive when a guy like jesse norris puts up big numbers at a lower weight, but to say a 460kg deadlift is unimpressive just because the guy has a higher bf% is pants on head retarded
>>
>>35134144
the other guy was talking about "moderate" weights compared to the stats you're talking about though. And yeah, in those natty realms it's definitely more impressive to see a 8% guy benching 3 plate than it is seeing a strongfat guy doing that, for the reason alone that there are comparatively far less 8% gus capable of doing that.
>>
>>35134322
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8XKNTJa0iM

case in point, a 155 lbs guy putting up 400 is far more impressive than a 240 guy doing that, all without taking credits from the other guy seeing as it's a great lift nonetheless
>>
>Why are bodybuilders associated with stregnth?
Because they're strong as shit, retard. Oh let me guess, it's all "fake gym muscles" right? Lmao. You know Arnold won a couple of powerlifting contests before he went to bodybuilding right?
>>
>>35133298
>So /fit/ why do people think bodybuilders are the worlds strongest people?
No one thinks that.
>>
>>35134333
They're weaker than powerlifters, yet powerlifters aren't regarded by society as "strong" due to their massive guts.
>>
>>35134350
Yeah no that's right society things they're weak as shit. Hey what's society's opinion on pancakes? I can't decide what to make for breakfast.
>>
>>35134359
*thinks
>>
>>35133713
Thanks for the laugh

T O P B A I T
O
P
B
A
I
T
>>
>>35133978
>thinking eddie hall's deadlift is impressive

the log press, snatch and c+j are impressive, because that is athletic for fatties... if the squat was an actual squat, that would be impressive too, but i have a feeling it was a quarter squat

but they are the except to fat lifters, not the standard

>>35134102
obviously he meant everything being equal in regards to strength/mobility/bone structure

it is pretty implicitly understood the fatfuck is going to weigh more.
>>
>implying any bodybuilder would actually be weak
>>
most bodybuilders can't even bench 245
>>
>>35134350
what kind of a retarded society you live in that would think a POWERLIFTER as in P-O-W-E-R LIFTER would be weak
doesn't the fucking name tell you anything?
>>
>>35134577

For the amount of shit they're on and how big they are, most of them ain't that strong.
>>
>>35134582
(citation needed)
>>
There are a shit ton of low body fat power lifters and strength athletes.

Also, do 99% of the aesthetics guys on /fit/ think they're bodybuilders? you guys will never get lean or big enough to be any threat at the lowest level and nobody on here seems to have any interest in competing either.

You guys aren't bodybuilders since you don't do the sport of bodybuilding, you're just guys that do hypertrophy training and diet
>>
>>35134671
>You guys aren't bodybuilders since you don't do the sport of bodybuilding, you're just guys that do hypertrophy training, diet, and fap to selfies of each other

correction
>>
>>35134518
>the heaviest deadlift of all time is not impressive
Smh Senpai
>>
>>35134689
Yeah I forgot

>heeey guuuiz u liek mah glutewootys?<3
>eeeeehmmm yeah bby I'm so turned on muh boy pussy is leaking everywhere :3
>>
>>35134518
>wide stance below parallel

MUH QUARTAH SQUAT SQUATING 800LBS RAW IS ISNT IMPRESSIVE MY 135LB ATG IS!
>>
>>35134732

470kg is 1034lbs
>>
>>35133978
>then all the strongest guys in human history and those alive today are not impressive.
Heracles. Bodybuilders at least used to understand the real goals way back, you want to look like ripped greek statues. If you want to be strong be strong like the Greeks and try to look like them too, don't just use mega advanced roids to allow your big mac and coke diet to be good enough for lifting a car.
>>
>>35134756

Get back to curling 20lbs faggot.
>>
>>35133298
Most people don't know the difference between strongman, power lifters and body builders.
>>
File: amitsapir.jpg (84 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
amitsapir.jpg
84 KB, 533x800
>>35134768
Tbf it's confusing sometimes
>>
>>35134782
No its not
>one gets sexy in their contest
>one does simple movements in their contest
>one does very weird movements with lots and lots of weight in their contest
>>
>>35134803
Amit Sapir has been an Oly lifter, bber and now pls. I think he's done some strongman in there somewhere too I forget. There are some guys around like that.
>>
>>35133298
Uh..no.
See, in real life, away from the queer gear addicted bodybuilding and powerlifting worlds, what it takes for an average normal man to get big and strong = big and strong.
Every single person knows that.
Children know that.
Period.
That's it.
That's all.

You're ACTUALLY bitching about not being worshipped for strength in the same way bodysculpters are.
Want to know why that is?
Cause they have better marketing and women naturally go for large and fit and fit = low bodyfat and strong.
By the by, most powerlifters ain't fit and most men would rather be fit then able to lift a car once and have to take a 22 hour nap after eating a small cow. .
>>
File: no.jpg (33 KB, 187x226) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
33 KB, 187x226
>>35134810
>mfw remembering klokovs bodybuilding competition physique
>>
Nobody gives a fuck about the muscle under fat, all that matters is you can see it.
>>
>>35134902
This is true for bodybuilders.
For all other strength sports no one gives a fuck about how much muscle the contestants even have at all, all that matters is how much weight they can move.
>>
>>35133786
>not flexible/have no stamina
Are you fucking retarded
You have no basis for any of your arguments and you are just spouting shit

Neck urself
>>
>>35133839
>being this insecure
>>
>>35133310
Because only other dudes care about your muscles.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.