[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fit, do you know what in exactly 31 days happens? you know what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: 1353946446342.jpg (76 KB, 608x800) Image search: [Google]
1353946446342.jpg
76 KB, 608x800
fit, do you know what in exactly 31 days happens? you know what horrors will await you in your gym?
>>
>>35106731
>i go to the YMCA
>upstairs for machines and pussy exercises (i do yoga to stay fit desu)
>downstairs for free weights, dumbbells up to 110, squat racks, benches, yadda yadda
>in there alone 50% of the time
>hardly anyone goes down there
>the only people who do are serious and know what they're doing
>friends with all of them
>helped me get started when i was a beginner
>the increase in attendance will be marginal at best

why don't you work out at the YMCA, /fit/?
>>
/nyr/ general it is
>>
>>35106802
I already do and it's just like the SIR comic on NYD, as well as the day after thanksgiving. Also most saturdays and sundays in the morning, and weekdays between 9 and 11. Fuck my gym sometimes.
>>
>>35106818
>the SIR comic
one of many

really? do you not have separate rooms for weights and pussy machines? i mean the weight room is ridiculously small but has everything you could need.
>>
>not taking a vacation around new years
>>
File: image.png (153 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153 KB, 640x1136
4th year lifting here. But I have a home gym now.
>>
File: 1353701756156.png (263 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1353701756156.png
263 KB, 800x700
>>35106872
>vacation
what's that?
>>
File: 1448738376656.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1448738376656.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>35106731

>Going to the gym since september
>Still looking a little dyel
>Afraid of going after new years
>Don't want to be confused for new years resolution fags
>>
>>35106889
I want one but all the shit i like is really expensive, plus i'm probably moving in the next year or two.
>>
File: 1396488679682.jpg (70 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
1396488679682.jpg
70 KB, 520x678
>>35106731
Hey guys i'm not sure if this would be the right question to ask this in this thread but here it goes. I thought I was 5'11 ever since I was 17, well now i'm 20 and I measured myself with metal measuring tape and it says im 5'9.5 to 5'10~. Fuck how bad of a manlet am I? Maybe it's my posture and I must fix it? Honestly would there be any exercises to increase my height a bit to ATLEAST 5'10 ish?
>>
>>35106904
>september
>thinking you aren't still a new years resolutions fag
>>
Any ripped fags gonna fuck with newbies by doing retarded fake exercises and then watching newbies try to imitate what you do.
>>
No horrors at all. Home gym master race.

Damn it feels good to not be poor.
>>
>>35106892
Forgot, there's no point of taking a vacation if you're NEET and can wake up at 1 pm.
>>
indians wearing jeans doing a group session with an obese PT
>>
Been lifting since beginning of November, fuck bros I don't wanna deal with these resolutionfags
>>
College gym, not much of a NYR rush. It's the start of the fall semester I dread.
>>
>>35106731
Ha, jokes on you. I work out at a University gym, it's always like that. 14000 sq feet of dudes sweaty dudes waiting for equipment. On the bright side, not wanting to wait for stuff pushed me to try new things that I probably otherwise wouldn't have.
>>
>>35106956
>lifting for 1 month and 2 days
>thinks he is above NYR fags

How's being a literal real life version of Butters treating you?
>>
>>35106922
desu dude, as a 6'1 guy. I dont like it that much, i cant really squat ATG properly upright, my bench is weak as shit because of lanky arms... Atleast my deadlift is good.

So go, go and squat ATG my manlet friend.
>>
>>35107000
Thanks I hope it'll help. Atleats im not 5'6 right? To think positive im close to 5'10 more than 5'9.
>>
Don't see anything wrong with newbies joining besides taking up more space. Feels good to get the mires from fresh meat
>>
>>35107025
Its not SHORT, if i could choose to have a perfect squat technique in return for 2-3 inches of my height i would.
>>
>>35106848
There are three floors and a basketball court and multiple rooms for shit machines and cardio, even a womens only gym on the top floor, but all the fucking noobs and old people and smelly autistic girls who need deodorant seem to crowd into the weight room at peak hours / times of the year. Really it's a terrible YMCA except for early in the morning and after 8pm. After 4 is the worst because the high school across the street lets out and shitloads of DYEL teens come in a shit up the place in packs taking up all kinds of room and abusing the equipment.
>>
>>35107050
Thanks i'm feeling a bit more relieved. I'm sure you'd get the perfect technique soon.
>>
>>35107068
I physically cant man, long femurs. cant get that oly ATG that 5'10s and below can.
>>
friendly reminder to bust out your stringers to discourage them
>>
>>35106980
I have good form and determination, all they have is wishy washy bullshit.
I chose the ironpill.
>>
>>35106980
Not him, but how is he Butters?
>>
>>35107061
High school DYEL come in every day and bench tens on the sides with the bar at almost 45 degrees. just come in early or during their school
>>
>>35106731
it'll be interesting, start of spring there was an increase of people which have all seemed to disappear
I'm in probably the most expensive in the area so not sure if there'll be much of an increase
>>
>>35107000
You know ATG is bullshit and Olympic weightlifters can do it because they wear special shoes that completely change the angles of their Squat right?

And that the only reason Olympic lifters do it is conditioning for the clean and snatch, not because its the "superior" way to Squat?
>>
Did anyone here start from a new years resolution?
>>
>>35107160
No shit dude, i wear oly shoes.

Dont give me that parallel meme shit faggot
>>
>>35107160

you fucking chief

Anyone can develop the mobility to squat atg without shoes. Why would you not want to? Of course there is no "superior" squat, but you're subhuman if you want to become big and strong yet can't perform a fundamental movement like squatting the fuck down with a neutral spine and upright torso. You should be able to overhead squat also.
>>
>>35107262
What's your ATG Squat?
>>
>>35107345
180kg
>>
>>35107267
What's your ATG squat? Why is being able to do a very low Squat with hundreds of pounds of your traps a fundamental movement? show me a list of people doing this movement outside of the gym in large enough number to justify its inclusion in an average person's exercise routine.
>>
>>35107397
Take the bar out of it and look at 3rd world countries, there you go.
>>
>>35107408
That's evidence the average person should include flexibility drills in their routines, not evidence people should do ATG squats.
>>
>>35107428
Doing ATG squats regularly will help you keep said flexibility you fucking idiot, + you get the bounce off the bottom AND its a bigger range of motion. Why do parallel when you can do ATG?
>>
>>35107390
In what way has doing ATG squats benefited that doing any other below parallel Squat wouldn't?
>>
>>35107452
It doesnt look like shit.
>>
Third shift life over here. No new years babies at 2 am.
Feels good man
>>
>>35107439
>you fucking idiot

Lol settle down spazz. Doing flexibility drills and yoga would be a better way to stay mobile than putting hundreds of pounds on your back and jamming yourself into a position that may not be anatomically healthy for your body.
>>
New years resolution fucks.
Sky rocket in gym prices.
Fat fucks taking all the equipment.
>>
>>35107460
That's a pretty tenuous benefit m'sir. It's also totally subjective.
>>
>>35107491
how is a deep squat unhealthy?
>>
>tfw use my university gym
>mfw the gym membership is free TO ALL STUDENTS
>>
>>35107491
>may not be anatomically healthy

or you're just doing them wrong. do you even warm up bro
>>
>>35106731
The real worst thing about it is that you can't escape them. When my gym gets busy normally for some event or summer is coming or whatever it's all people between about 4 and 8, so I can do a workout around 8-9h30, or I can go early in the morning. Once New Year comes, there's a solid month of people there all the time. It takes two full months to get back to normal at my current gym.
>>
>>35106927
Want to do the running on treadmill with a babell or weight above my head..
>>
The gym that I use for my complex houses a good portion of university students. It's already stuffed full with lanklet asians that huddle around 5 to 1 per each bench and press a maximum of 25lbs per each side.

It couldn't get much worse unless we became swamped with unattractive, fat hoes that started trying to flirt.
>>
>>35107809

manlet detected
>>
Already seeing an influx of fatties post thanksgiving.
>>
>>35106904
>>35106904
I mean if you're a regular you should already know the biggest dudes in there

That's what happened to me at least. Being friends with chads is pretty neat. You go to chad parties, hear chad jokes, get hit on by chad chicks(25 KV).

I guess I'll probably end up being a chad as well, but t b h family, I'm embracing it. Chad is just another word for people who live life to the fullest. We'll all be dead soon. Live it up.
>>
>>35107920
I applaud your willingness conform to mainstream culture but I can't seem to bring myself to find the things that chads think are interesting hold my attention. I took up american football and basketball to try to be more normie but I always retreat back to my autistic interests. How do you suppress your actual hobbies to become a chad?
>>
File: BuyiS5OIcAAv1Gv.jpg (17 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
BuyiS5OIcAAv1Gv.jpg
17 KB, 500x287
>>35107974
Well, I too played football, middle school all the way through high school. I lifted, but had no idea how to lift properly, neither did the coaches. I was an autistic faggot after I was diagnosed with ADD and Adolescent Depression in like 2nd or 3rd grade and as well as a fat fuck until my meds started to suppress my appetite i guess(they were forever changing what kind and dosage). Meds fucked with me until I refused to keep taking them around sophomore or junior year. So basically I never went to a party in high school, or had many friends. A lot of people made fun of me.

After HS, fell in to a crippling depression for about 4 years(the point i started lifting again and finally visited /fit/ after being a /b/tard for about 9 or 10 years) and started drinking at age 20, became a fat fuck again and stopped seeing people. Tried to get a gf, many times, which fucked with me mentally since they were manipulative(no reward either, or happiness). I lost a lot of friends in that period, but still have a few very close ones.

Anyway after I started lifting again i just sort of started talking to people, in and out of the gym, because i felt good about myself. I felt good that I wanted to change, for the better. I felt good enough that i know i have value, that i can be a likable person. I asked the bigger guys for help, who are usually already friends with each other, and when they saw that i was consistent and put in the effort every time i was there, they remembered me. They respected me, because i respected myself. After that i had about 30 friends at the gym that call or text me every weekend to hangout.

I still have hobbies that i like, while others i no longer have interest in, or at least not as much as i used to. I like to keep ants, and i still do. Just keep on keeping on man. I still have sperge attacks when talking to qt's, but i know that will fade. Dont be afraid to try new things.

Live life before life has lived you.

tl;dr welcome to my blog
>>
How long do they usually stay? 2 months?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.