[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/depressed/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: CJCen3NVAAAzoqV.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CJCen3NVAAAzoqV.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
Who /depressed/ here?

I've been depressed my whole life and ever since I started lifting I got addicted to it because it makes me feel sane. I hate rest days because I feel like shit when I don't lift.

Does lifting help your depression?
>>
File: Renekton.full.1706105.jpg (601 KB, 1200x866) Image search: [Google]
Renekton.full.1706105.jpg
601 KB, 1200x866
Lifting is the only thing I do for myself. I used to consider gaming fun and great but its more of a way to waste time after a day of work/school. Tfw putting a heavier weight on the bar weekly, or getting that new measurement I wanted makes me smile all day. I personally give very little shits of even how people perceive my gains since I'm slightly larger than the average normie. The inspiration of 'making it' and becoming an alpha is really the only thing that gets me out of bed.

>don't worry familia we gonna make it

And I too hate rest days. But it fucks with your reps the next day trust. I'm tryna fit an ab day somewhere so I can keep busy.
>>
>>35103184
I just run for 10 miles when I don't do my lifts.
Except when the day before was leg day.
Then I run 5 miles.
>>
>>35103046
>tfw depressed
>hate living
>still the funny 'happy' guy
>nobody knows
>>
>>35103046

Me to a tee. I used to just be depressed and get over it and let it come in waves, but lifting keeps me together these days. I can't stand rest days because I sit around and sulk until it's time for work.
>>
>>35103216
Fuck man, the feels. I laugh a lot when I'm around my friends, because I feel that they wouldn't hang out with me if I weren't so cheerful with them.
Then I come home, browse /fit/ and cry myself to sleep.
Then I wake up and go to gym.

why does depression exist ._.
>>
>>35103046
When I look back, there were definitely times that I had symptoms typical of depression. Never diagnosed with it, super surprised that nobody around me noticed it.

I sure as hell could see it in a mate of mine and told him so.

For me, it came, then it went, then it came back years later when I was in a rut. I got fixed by soldiering through. I highly recommend physical exercise to combat the symptoms, but you need to do more than that, you need to transform yourself. Change something about yourself, lad.
>>
I'm thinking about getting back on an SSRI

<:^\
>>
File: makeitbreh.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
makeitbreh.jpg
521 KB, 1920x1080
>>35103046
ive always been fat and felt like ive had nothing. now im probably going to have to drop out of college and have massive student loans because im a giant faggot who can't handle depression and is too stupid to get medicine to handle it.

but, i will never fucking be fat again for another day of my life. even if you're homeless, with no family, have no job, you can still fucking make it bro. we're all gonna make it and we're all gonna be sick cunts. shed a tear writing this desu senpai

>pic related
is my background. zyzz and /fit/ help my depression
>>
>>35103306
because you touch yourself at night thinking about men and it is suppressed shame and guilt over your obvious faggy tendencies
>>
Not bullying, but have you guys considered therapy? It helps
>>
File: 1443179999990.png (162 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
1443179999990.png
162 KB, 1000x750
/depressed/fag here checking in, constantly in and out of hospital for depression since age 5+.

Been watching BigNoKnow on YouTube, he said TRT changed his life and boosted him out of bad feels, any /frauds/ able to tell me more about that?
>>
>>35103306
>tfw you feel like you have to constantly entertain people or they'll leave you
>talk and joke a lot
>hate talking
>>
Yes, SSRIs gave me the energy to lift
Lifting gives me the energy to live

t. Formerly suicidally depressed
>>
>>35103216
>>tfw depressed
>>hate living
>>still the funny 'happy' guy
>>nobody knows

same here but then
>change school
>find new friends
>leave gf
>get off antidepressants
>stop therapy
>start lifting
>confident and fit

Life has been great for the first time since forever. There's a 100% chance of turning your life around.
Don't lose hope brehs I believe in all of you
>>
>>35103399
i dont have any specific problem that i shouldn't be able to get over myself. some days i just get depressed for no reason. i have really high personal standards that i absolutely will not debase for anything because they are what makes me me. no matter how sad i get i won't give up myself.
>>
I can't say that I am depressed but I recently noticed that I haven't been happy for years. For like 4-5 years I have been pissed off most ofthe time and always waiting for the future and the "good times". I'm well off right now but still pissed and worrying.
>>
>>35103046
I feel exactly the same, bro.
>>
>>35103361
Dude I would suggest finishing college. I was flunking and straight up disappearing from classes because my depression was so bad but goddamn I got that fucking piece of paper saying I did shit for a few years. Make the loans worth it, even the tiniest bit. Get help after though. Good luck bro.
>>
Been depressed my whole life. Probably more bipolar than anything but it's undiagnosed because I'd lose my security clearance if it were confirmed.

I've been on the edge of suicide so many times that I've become numb to it. About 2 years ago I finally decided that killing myself wasnt the answer and just strive to be a better person every day. Each day is a struggle but I'm 2 years strong.

It's kind of a weird feeling. I'm numb but I'm not sad anymore. Things are moving by in a blur and I don't even feel like it's me living my life anymore. Probably some dissociative identity disorder but who cares. All I know is I'm making gains in the gym, making good money, and am mostly content how I am.

I'm just afraid I'll wake up one day and realize that I wasted my whole life being numb to everything.
>>
Iv been on a SNRI for about 4 years, just started working out the past year and it always makes me feel better, Im starting to cut down on my meds hopefuly off them soon
>>
>>35103455
You should still talk to someone, lad, anon just isn't properly equipped to help you
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.