[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/izens with medicins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: 1411068332699.jpg (44 KB, 561x582) Image search: [Google]
1411068332699.jpg
44 KB, 561x582
Are there any bro's here who use medication for psychiatric reasons? I am on antipsychotics and antidepressants because of reasons.

I know a lot of people gain weight (fat) with these meds but does it also interfere with gaining muscle mass and make progress? Because I can barely see any progress myself and I'm lifting for nearly 2 years now. Can it be that the medication weakens the signals you send from your brain to the muscles and therefore can't give more power?

stats
177cm
90 kg

benchpress 5x60kg
ohp 5x40kg
dlift 3x120kg
squat 3x100kg

>pic unrelated
>>
>>35090698
>I'm in the process of receiving a chemical lobotomy
>it's okay cause my doctor says so
>my insurance pays him either way tho
>might this be why I'm weak, /fit/?

Actually read about what this shit does to people before you go whining about your gains. I have my own experiences with doctors and these drugs, but even if I posted them pro-drug "shills" will just spam with "I don't believe you" and "they're DOCTORS stop saying what they don't say!!!"
>>
>>35090807
Like I said, I need these meds because of reasons. I've tried a dozen other meds but they didn't do their job.
I am currently in a long process of getting back to real-life and working out helps me getting there.
>>
>>35090978
K.
Unless your completely schizo or dangerously psychopathic, you definitely do NOT NEED the drugs. Period.
Sage reply since you don't actually want to listen
>>
>>35091019
fuck off you clown
first: don't post with a reply number and than adding (you) to make it look like I'm a schizo and replying to some other half of my brain

second: I am not asking for your profound medical advice on someone you do not know or have any idea of where someone's been.
>hur dur everyone who uses antipsychotics/antidepressants just has a angsty teenage moment in their life

If you can't answer my question than go troll on /b/. I am asking this shit genuinely.
>>
>>35091081
>first: don't post with a reply number and than adding (you)

is this the best bait i've ever seen? or do you just not know how 4chan works
>>
>>35091081
I'm not typing (you) you schizo fucknut, the computer does that automatically.

To answer your fucktarded question:
Yes it fucking affects gains. Surprise! You get less of them. You're physically and mentally weaker than other people. Your test will also be much lower. Why even lift? Say goodbye to your libido anyway.

Eat a dick, you absolute fucking idiot. I almost posted a body pic with this to show you that I'm not a btard and that you'd probably kill to look like me. Whatevs, though, crazy. Another sage response :)

(And I didn't type the (you))
>>
Alright the trolls, ad hominems and internetdoctors aside,
are there people who use these kind of medication
and have problems making progress.
>>
>>35091213
No
(Sage)
>>
>>35091219
if you "saged" then why was this bumped to the top of the catalog, ya ding dong?
>>
>>35091219
I am not asking you darling
>>
>>35091213
Assuming you're actually serious here's my serious reply. I would say your meds are killing your gains. Because i'm 25kg lighter and 2cm shorter, I have cerebral palsy and I still lift more than you for bench and ohp after only one year.
>>
>>35091178
> the computer does that automatically.
Whoops found out that's correct. Sorry mate
I thought people were trolling to make it look I was replying to my own reply...
>>
>>35091264
Okay pls see this guy with cp making better gains than you :)
>>35091292
>>
>>35091292
thanks for your serious reply
do you use any medication which has a sedating effect?
For example I need to sleep a minimum of 10 hours because the effect of the meds is so strong.
>>
I used to take antipsychotics, I found gaining muscle and losing fat to be almost impossible when on higher doses.

The mental effects messed me up too, it was hard as fuck to hit PRs when i was all sedated and stupid from risperdal.
>>
>>35091324
I don't use any medication. but i do know from experience that if i don't get a good sleep the night before a workout, i'm weaker. not an expert but other than stopping the drugs i'd say sleep as much as you can, and get your diet really sorted. or try roids?
>>
You may need to go on steroids or a D2 agonist, OP.

"1. Almost all antipsychotics will block dopamine receptors in the brain, this will obviously decrease testosterone levels and the effects can be permanent."

"2. Antipsychotic drugs are known to elevate prolactin levels, and prolactin will lower testosterone levels."

"3. In this study, Carbatrol, Tegretol, Equetro, Epitol (antipsychotic drugs), all lowered male testosterone levels."

"4. In this study, two popular antipsychotic drugs called Risperidone and Olanzapine were seen to decrease testosterone levels."

Source: http://www.anabolicmen.com/prescription-drugs-lower-testosterone/

http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/puarticles/hyperpro.htm
>>
>>35091324
You may want to consider medication such as Wellbutrin or Modafinil to counter the sedation.
>>
>>35091452
Sage guy here. Get fucking REKT, OP!
You're doctor says it's okay and nobody knows what you're going through, you sweet little angel special snowflake indigo child :)
>>
>>35091421
It seems to be impossible for me as well.
My PR for benchpress perhaps got up 5kg the last three months.
Although I'm not feeling sedated when training; only when I take the medicines.

>>35091447
my diet is pretty okay,
I know that binge eating really makes people gain 30kg's or more in weight.
A lot of people I saw in psychiatric hospitals had these effects.

I've trained myself in not plundering the fridge (not buying too much food also helps).
Candy and snacks are out of the question, never buying those!.
Also I drink a lot of water to tackle one of the side-effects of Seroxat: dry mouth. And to get a full stomach.

>>35091452
Thanks for that info. I'll read it.
>>
>>35091577
please get away with this trivial psychiatric bullshit,

I've got severe OCD for the past 20 years,
and it's not the internet-meme....
>>
>>35091610
I actually hate the "OCD" internet meme. Saying "hurrrr I'm OCD or you're OCD"
>wow so you're actually a fucking mental disease incarnate??

That said, why not try cognitive behavioral therapy like everyone else?
Oh right, you need special snowflake drugs advertised to your doctor as the easy way out :)
Why not give your doctor a tip for his good diligence? The pharmaceutical company who sold him your treatment plan certainly did ;)
>>
>>35090698
Talk to your doctor/ a professional weight trainer/ physical therapist. But most of all talk to your doctor! Any therapists and counselors can do research to help you as well.
>>
>>35091019

Just no. Some of the worst bs advice I've read here.

The new generation of 'oh my god, suck it up pussy' is just as cringey as the old generation of 'I can't do it.'

You 'push through the pain' faggots are going to be in wheelchairs or dead because of people like ISYMFS, and for what, a 185 bench?
>>
>>35091668

>some ad-hominems and internet-warrior bullshit

>do cognitive therapy
I did and it didn't work

>more ad-hominems and internet-warrior bullshit
>>
mirtazapin here, still growing even more then before because now i like food more.
>>
>>35091741
Literally wut
Feel free to hop on my ass even more, but I could give 2 shits less about powerlifting. I do body weight only to maintain otter mode because that is what is attractive to females and that's all I care for from lifting.
Sure I eat a healthy diet, but that's for other reasons. Lifting is only for girls.
Regardless, you seem to have set up and knocked down that strawman extremely well. Enjoy your prescription drug addiction. I used to smoke cigarettes and I defended it like you do now.
>>
>>35092072
Damn settle down spazz, some folks benefit from meds and some don't. You dont know anything about their situations other than some 4chan posts and you're acting like a nutbar.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.