[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is weight and muscle mass of a person able to predict that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What is weight and muscle mass of a person able to predict that social class of a person?

Isn't it that an overtly fit body, and more-so one screams of steroid use, indicates belonging to middle or lower classes?

I ask because from this standpoint, it actually feels undesirable to look like you put too much work into it - health is important, on the other hand.
>>
>>35064348
I associate beach or model physiques with upper-middle class as in you need the money to support that lifestyle.
>>
>>35064365
I'm just reading that book in pic related.
It points out the somewhat obvious - the proles and lower class people are the obesely fat, the women who buys Prada tend to not let herself go or eat much. (note: The book doesn't fix class necessarily by income.)

A womans beach body is almost the same as "just thin, a bit sporty". I'm not sure what a males beach body is - either you're a model, or you look normal, or ... if you lift 3 times a week for 1 hour and eat well and look good ... why does it need a upper-middle lifestyle to support that?
>>
What's the distribution of people who lift over the classes?
>>
>>35064348
In modern western society

Poor:
>obese
>(unhealthy)skinny

Lower Middle:
>slightly obese
>skinnyfat

Upper Middle:
>bodybuilders
>skinny

Upper:
>skinny
>>
>>35064348
there was a video done that i watched somewhere that basically explained how in murica wealth is health. People with more money can afford healthy food, gym memberships or equipment, have more free time, and generally have less stressful lives.
>>
File: image.jpg (919 KB, 2096x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
919 KB, 2096x1500
I concur
This is definitely synonymous but can have exceptions to the rule
Like myself
Back in the 00's when my family wasn't lower middle class scum and was upper middle class hierarchy my dad bought a power rack and some real nice weight sets but now Im lower middle class scum and I have a pretty good physique.
I would definitely say if my dad wasn't obsessed with fitness when we were upper middle class I wouldn't have the physique I do today. I can't afford a gym membership, and I eat like garbage.
>>
>>35064388
Its not necessary, just highly likely in a given sample
Like if you go to crossfit, youre goig to meet upper middle.class white people
>>
>>35065980
Thats liteerally everywhere
>>
A lot of this is just how people perceive you.
When I was 140lbs at 6'5 people always said I had the heroine chic look. If I was from a poorer family I imagine people would have said I was malnourished due to poverty.
>>
>>35066232
i get that it's everywhere, the studies they were doing were taking place in the states
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.