[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, i've joined a gym, and i am starting with stronglifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: designated.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
designated.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
so, i've joined a gym, and i am starting with stronglifts 5x5. the program recomends to take a day off between the lifting days. the question is: can i pratice martial arts in the off days?
>>
>>35043272
yes.

just don't go too overboard, you want to do at least good hour or so of active resting (just laying down, on the computer or watching tv or meditating or whatever).

outside of that, the more active you are the better, to a point.

just don't stress yourself out too much and elevate your cortisol levels, because that will make curb your gains
like.. don't do an hour of balls-to-the-wall martial arts training, and then an hour of intense cardio after that.

also make sure you eat enough.
>>
>>35043290
>active resting
you should do that on lifting days to.

too much active resting is bad for your athleticism, so don't do it all day every day, but an hour or so a day, post-workout is a good idea.
>>
Yeah, that's what I do.
Just know that learning things like rolls (as in aikido and jiu-jitsu) might be harder because you're gaining mass and you might have to practice it a little more to get it smoother.

What martial arts are you planning to do, OP?
>>
>>35043272
>martial arts
>>
Salman did nothing wrong.
>>
No, you will likely die.
>>
File: 1440519762731.jpg (37 KB, 553x562) Image search: [Google]
1440519762731.jpg
37 KB, 553x562
>>35043373

doesnt matter man, FRIENDSHIP ENDED ANYWAY
>>
>>35043319
i already do kendo, i am sandan
it involves lots of cardio
>>
>>35043373
>>35043538
>>
>>35043350
its funny that the guy mentioned aikido, because that is a complete bullshit martial art (just look at how many MMA fighters dominate with their aikido background, lmao)

the only spokesman of aikido is steven seagal, who has never been in a real fight, and got choked out by gene lebell so hard he shit himself.

also aikido's history is open about it being bullshit-fu invented by one dude with zero combat experience, because he had some wacky spiritual beliefs about "ki" energy.

>>35043417
this
>>
>>35043605
salman is always making that same face.

for some reason i get the impression he is a sneaky cunt...
>>
>>35043621
but he has two friends.
how many friends do you have?
>>
>>35043630
moar
>>
>>35043630
more than two, by a margin great enough to where i don't feel the need to keep track of the total number, somewhere around 20?
>>
>>35043621
>salman
that is asif, you silly nigger.
>>
>>35043272
>>35043630

I would kill to know what's the sad sad story behind this faggotry
>>
>>35043880
search facebook for Prince Asif Raza Rana (Official)
>>
File: CSJN8xGWoAAtHmB.jpg (53 KB, 520x455) Image search: [Google]
CSJN8xGWoAAtHmB.jpg
53 KB, 520x455
>>35043630
never enough
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.