[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ weaknesses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: were_all_gonna_make_it_comic.jpg (509 KB, 810x4757) Image search: [Google]
were_all_gonna_make_it_comic.jpg
509 KB, 810x4757
Post your weaknesses/insecurities and try to help others overcome theirs.
Preferably /fit/ related.

All of us want to make it some day but sometimes it feels hard and there are times you feel bad, knowing how far away from it you still are. Maybe you realize that other people that started working out at the same time are more aesthetic than you, lift more than you or have any other advantage over you.
Hopefully you will find someone in this thread to help you overcome those weaknesses if you can't figure out how to.

Please don't turn this into a pure feels thread, try to be constructive. Only women and NEETs talk about feels without offering help.
>>
I have an incredibly weak chest.
I've been working out effectively for about 8 months and always lacked on my chest. I do isolation and compound and feel it when I work it but it just doesn't get strong and aesthetic. It's my wimpiest body part.
I always feel like shit when I see guys who say they lifted for 3 months and already have juicy bumps comparable to my chest except that they are well better formed (more inner chest).

Did anyone else have problems making chest gainz and knows what I could be doing wrong?
>>
File: 1464151743705.jpg (128 KB, 683x651) Image search: [Google]
1464151743705.jpg
128 KB, 683x651
My bench is at 70 kg, my squat at 80 and my deadlift at 115 and not one of them goes up because i can't eat enough for a reasonable time. Still skeleton, still girls laughing about my arms.
I train hard as fuck, but that shit only gets me good at sport because I don't eat, also fear to get fat when i eat big.
Dyslexia and not my first language, sorry for the mistakes.
Can close Captain of crunch number 1 and fucked a thight pussy, life is good in general.
>>
>>37955613
>and fucked a thight pussy
jelly desu. Fuck being a virgin.
Not even because ugly but just because of autism. Was close to fucking a newly legal once but she banged a dude while we were dating, I called her a whore and left her. She came crawling back twice now, last time this week. Gonna try to slay that poon but am really anxious because I have no experience whatsoever. I know it's not fitness related but it feels pretty bad, knowing normal people have had an active sex life since 15 while I still don't have one at 19.

Why can't you eat more? If you get them proteins and don't overeat (just don't eat +1000kcal) you'll be fine. I'm sure no one is laughing at your arms, you're just interpreting it wrong.
>>
I'm in good shape, 12% body fat, tall and handsome, but I'm bald. I always wear a hat, and I get mires all the time at work or walking around town but I feel these are fake mires as you can't tell I'm bald with a hat on. What if I get a girls number or something and have to reveal my bald ass head and she's not attracted to me anymore? Plz help, no one said it would be this hard. PS I'm only 22
>>
>>37955705

Assuming your personality and confidence are intact, you can be 1 of the following 3 and still be attractive:

[ ] Short
[ ] Fat
[ ] Bald

Personality and confidence is far more important than your baldness; if baldness systematically removed men from the gene pool, it wouldn't be so incredibly common.
>>
>>37954904
dips before every workout
cable crossovers after every workout

My chest is really shit-weak too but these helped sculpt it a bit more. I noticed a difference in size after a month
>>
>>37955705
There's people who actually look pretty good when bald, if you have a masculin face you should be golden. >>37955753 Is right, if you own it and are confident about it it's cool.
Maybe even drop the hats, if they aren't things a normal person would wear it most likely looks desperate. You can of course still wear them to protect yourself from sun etc. in the summer, don't go out of your way to impress other people.
>>
File: tell people you don't feel.jpg (39 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
tell people you don't feel.jpg
39 KB, 500x393
Super weak legs. I can bench 175 3x5 easily, but it takes all my effort to squat the same, and my deadlift 1RM is a meager 300

Normies think I'm strong (they say so) because I look bigger than the average DYEL lanklet but in reality I'm super weak and I hate it
>>
>>37955860
when you squat, what do you feel?
>>
I've had 3 knee surgeries and 1 shoulder surgery. My squat went from 480lbs to 275x4 and my deadlift from 535 to 365x3. I can't even bench anymore and it's too painful to push myself on squats or deads because I have little cartilage left in my surgery knee and my shoulder dislocates at random. I dropped from 230lbs to 205 at 6'2 and now I'm just trying to get as lean as I can but I feel like I'll never be stronk again. Hold me /fit/
>>
>>37955894
shame and a desire to stand back up again
>>
>>37955921
kek.
I was actually trying to determine whether your form is shit but good one.
>>
>>37955700
Guess I'm kind of pretty and can get girls while shy. 19 is totally ok, you don't miss something out. You still can slay mad pussy. I hope for you there will never come the point when you fuck a gorgeous girl a thousand times and wonder if the cunt is worth all the trouble.
You will not find a sense of purpose in a cunt brother.
I go mad above my calories or under and i tend to eat not healthy any more while getting big. It's just a mental thing i guess, you motivate me to better myself.
>>
Not got the most aesthetically pleasing face. My gf seems to like it though, at least.
>>
>>37955908
How can I avoid your mistakes?
>>
I cannot target my abs and my lower obliques for shit.This area looks like shit and my hips bones are prominent like a skinny's girl.All ab exercises give me hip flexor and lower back pain.I am doomed to look like shit UNLESS I fix this.
I can't even bodyweight squat low enough.
>>
>>37955956
I started skelly and couldn't eat at all too.
When I started out my belly hurt when I ate 2300 kcals worth of clean food. I can relate to you taking the easy route out and eating "bad" (I guess fastfood and stuff?) food. But trust me, it's worth eating clean, start with as much of the clean food as you can and fill the rest of your calories with dirty food. As time goes on you will be able to eat more and more clean food until 200g of rice + 400 g beans is a snack to you.
>>
>>37956091
you clearly have anterior pelvic tilt. probably played to many video games kek
>>
>>37956091
did the same thing. When doing crunches, don't focus on moving your upper body, focus on bending your belly. Your lower back has to stay on the ground and only your chest should be moving. There is no muscle that could possibly steal your ab gains then.
>>
>>37955908
We will hold you. It's time for a bit of test and enjoy your wisdom and gains on a small cycle.
It's not your time to get big anymore. Medicine will catch up at some point.
>>
>>37955908
Damn I feel bad for you man. How long has it been since your last operation? If you're lucky you will regain your strength. If not remember that you're the strongest that is physically possible to someone in your position and that it is not your fault that you're not making massive gains.

You're still far stronger than normies anyways so it'll be enough to impress people who don't lift.
>>
>>37956148
That sounds good,but what about hanging leg raises for example?
>>37956129
I think you're right.Can I fix it at least??
>>
New to lifting, female, nearly flat-chested, androgynous features, some people legit think I'm a twink boy or trans in CBT/Progress threads, but all I want to do is get stronger and MAKE IT
>>
File: 1467971085431.jpg (60 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
1467971085431.jpg
60 KB, 500x600
>>37956107
Not even fast food, just plain candy...
How much of an effect does the time have when i eat my stuff. Could i eat in the evening missing calories in rice or would i get fat due to the carbs, would i have more power if i stuff myself with carbs for breakfast?
>>
>>37956211
I recommend doing the simple things like crunches and planks first, only go to more complicated things if you can really feel your muscle and feel like you needsomething more advanced.
hanging leg raises are hard af and you'll probably be cheating yourself when you do them right now. Do them when you know how to contract your abs correctly.
>>
>>37956304
Ok cheers,anon.I even gotten to the point where I was doing all my ab exercises with heavy plates and I was seeing 0 changes in my abdomen.I swear to God my abs are exactly as big as they were before lifting.
>>
>>37956295
Personally I have never really considered the timing of meals as an important factor. I'm only 1.5 years in and am far from well informed so take that with a grain of salt.
I just ate 3-6 meals a day, trying to space out the calories evenly so I'd be eating about as much every time. Sometimes I'd miss a meal and have to eat 1200 kcals to dinner and feel like I was close to puking at the end.
Getting your calories and macros is way more important than when you get them. Focus on eating clean and hitting your goals first: You can experiment with timing after that.

As for the candy: If you hit your macros you can have 1-2 pieces but try to regulate it. Find alternatives. I for example eat mangos like a mad man, far better than any candy imo.

Also pretty good pudding replacement (just discovered it like 3 days ago when I had nothing to eat at home):
>2 scoops protein powder,
>enough cacao powder to get the chocolate taste (may need experimenting but is probably less than you think you need)
>fill up with milk only until you have a viscous fluid

now you can do shit to it like you would to normal chocolate pudding, put fruit in and stuff.
>>
>>37954820
I have terrible anxiety and I got into /fit/ness in hopes of overcoming it or at least improving it.

And a year later, getting into better shape has helped but my anxiety sometimes makes me make bad decisions.

I get really rigid about schedules/routines and so I'm really bad about taking rest days or listening to my body.

It also makes it really hard to get enough food since I'm pretty much never hungry and always feel at least a little bit sick.
>>
File: dwCIMtX.jpg (25 KB, 600x487) Image search: [Google]
dwCIMtX.jpg
25 KB, 600x487
>>37956449
I'm going to make it. There is no excuse.
>>
Overweight, not through eating like shit but through eating far too much. Eat basically no sugar white bread etc but eat maybe 3-4 times the reccomended amounts for dinner etc. Can't stop pls help
>>
>>37956539
There's not really much I can tell you except hang in there. It's great that you work out as regularly as possible but for the sake of god: stop when something is hurting.
I'm sure your anxiety will get better, I was a pretty social guy and fell into some kind of depressed/antisocial period for 2 years out of which lifting helped me out within a year. Maybe it will take longer for you but I'm sure you've already felt increases in confidence and believe me, they will keep coming.
>>
>>37957035
There is nothing I can tell you but that you have to have self control and that it will pay off. I know how hard it is to cut down on food, especially for the first time but keep at it and don't expect that you'll be able to eat 1500kcal when you've been eating 4000kcal for your whole life. Maybe reduce it by 500 per week untill you reach your goal.
Try eating things with much fiber so you feel more satisfied. If eating sugar and white bread helps you stay under your calorie goal eat it. You can focus on cutting crap when you're used to eating less.
>>
>>37956071
At least you have a gf. This means your face isn't that bad.
>>
>>37954820
My biggest insecurity is that I'm ugly as fuck and I feel my biggest weakness is my lack of "drive". I don't give up once I get started and I get autistic and obsessed with what I'm doing, but my flaws get in the way. I'm a huge coward-- I'm absolutely terrified of failure and combined with my lack of will to do anything, I find it difficult to get started on meaningful hobbies and such. I have a big list of things I want to do and I narrowed it down to simply what's possible to do with the amount of time I have, but I just don't get started because I'd feel I would be a failure anyway. I completely cut games out of my life because I felt I was only playing them to run away reality and burn time, but now I can't seem to quit 4chan and limit it to 10 minutes a day anymore.

I'd rather be doing nothing rather than something, but my mind wants to experience as much of the world as possible and not waste a single moment. I feel like my ego is contrarian and hates being told what to do; if I tell myself to do something, I always end up not doing the next day. This happens on a subconscious level-- if I command myself "you will dream tonight and when you wake up, you will remember and record your dreams" nothing happens. But if I add a "don't" as in simple reverse psychology shit, it does. It's the same for brushing my teeth, my skincare routine, work, ect. I have to tell myself the opposite what I demand and force myself to believe it to do the opposite that I kind of no longer "want" after telling myself I don't wish to.
>>37955908
How'd you injure your knee and shoulder? Damn, man.
>>37956211
Ayy, I also had anterior pelvic tilt. If it's severe, get ready for quick and massive height gains-- no joke. If your butt sticks outwards like it's trying to touch your lower back and your stomach is bulging out, you probably have it.

You should do a multiple of things
1. Stretch your hip flexors
2. Stretch your quads and lower back
Cont.
>>
>>37955705
>enter the george costanza/larry david situation
>>
>>37956211
3. Strengthen your glutes w/ Romanian DLs
4. Do planks to strengthen your core.

I'd also suggest learning how to breathe properly on heavy compound lifts-- I wasn't bracing my core correctly so I ended up not developing it.

I feel that stretching was a much bigger factor than making my glutes/core stronger, though. I feel my anterior pelvic tilt stemmed mostly from being sedentary and sitting for most of my life + Rippletoe's advice of "squeezing your lower back and sticking your butt out like a girl" or something like that(I didn't like low-bar, I squat high bar now) when squatting.

I think T-Nation goes really in-depth with this.

For stretching hip flexors, I did
http://www.stack.com/a/4-hip-flexor-stretches-to-relieve-tight-hips
but replacing the 4th stretch with a squat down and spreading knees type of stretch.

For lower back-- cat cow, cobra, and hindu push ups

For quads, I did sitting toe touch both sides then middle. Also did standing and try to touch my head to my legs. I'm pretty sure this is more of a hamstring stretch, but whatever.
>>
>>37955613
Check out calorie counting and go on a bulk, as long as you're making aesthetic gains, it doesn't matter.

>>37954904
Chest can be pretty shitty. Incline and flat flies are good, make sure you are focusing on chest when you do bench and various other things.

>>37955860
Bruh, don't worry about the super huge strength gains. Aesthetics and a balanced physique is more important. Also, try a de-load and focus on proper activation on squats.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.