[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone found themselves becoming narcissistic after starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: batemirror.jpg (18 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
batemirror.jpg
18 KB, 620x349
Has anyone found themselves becoming narcissistic after starting exercise?

I started lifting after being a low energy, low confidence /r9k/'er and wanting to change, but I'm now ambitious and arrogant. It's like I've over corrected and now have been riding out this high for months now.
>>
>>37944813
It happens to almost everyone, to the extent where scientific studies have noticed it. Lifters tend to be arrogant, individualist, successful, ambitious and politically right-wing.
>>
Welcome to human development
All young adults essentially think:
>my opinion matters
>people care what I think
>I'm more attractive than the average person
>I'm smarter than the average person
>when I argue with someone, I seldom listen to their argument and plan my rebuttal during their talk
>the only thing that matters is me

It's not a bad thing and I'm not attacking anyone, but I guess some Psychologists as well as some random famous people like Daniel Carnegie outline that we think as such for a while and it's normal
>>
File: 1447200027916.jpg (18 KB, 458x451) Image search: [Google]
1447200027916.jpg
18 KB, 458x451
I caught myself mirin' my body in the mirror 5-10 mins a day
>>
>looking in every reflective surface at yourself

I also don't care about other people besudes my little brother
>>
I'm the opposite. I'm a bigger critic of myself now than I was before I started lifting.

If I'm over 11% body fat, I won't even sit in my own house w/o a shirt on in fear of accidentally stepping in front of a mirror.
>>
>>37944887
Before I started lifting I was an insecure lanky skeleton after I started seeing beginner gains I started doing the same thing a lot of my fit friends have done same I think the confidence boost from successfully making gains sends our egos out of whack for a while I still stare at myself in the mirror all the time tho constantly chasing that ideal body
>>
There is a huge difference between liking the way you look and being a narcissist.
>>
>>37944813
It's the testosterone
>>
I had a psychologist diagnosis me with borderline disorder and malignant narcissist traits... but I'm pretty sure he was just jealous that I was getting more pussy than he was when he was my age. In other words, fuck psychology its filled with pussy men who make up bullshit reasons on why they can't get laid or be as successful as us.
>>
>>37944909
how old is he? start feeding him whey.
>>
>>37944829
>to the extent where scientific studies have noticed it.
> arrogant, individualist, successful, ambitious and politically right-wing.
Tfw i want to be buff but not an asshole poltard
>>
>>37946531
Getting buff is a way of putting yourself ahead of the pack and becoming competitive- competition is the enemy of liberals, because competition means family values, war, stoicism, guile in business, racism, shit talking, rites of passage, assertion of dominance, etc

As a man becoming /fit/ attunes the hormonal profile and neurology towards the evolved competitive masculine nature
>>
Broke up with my gf coz i thought I was too much for her.
However, my friends/sister /her best friend stepped up and told me this:
>You always were too much for her.
So Idk if its just the situation or if im turning into a fcking fag.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>37945885
Therapists don't know shit, Randy. They cause more mental health problems than they cure.
>>
I went from skinnyfag dyel manlet to swole manlet and my confidence has skyrocketed to the point where its tinged with dickishness. I won't take fat ugly people as seriously now because I'm better than them from a social standpoint.

But that's just in my head. I'll still be kind and courteous to them because I'm not an idiot and realize that fat ugly people have worth too. They're just harder to look at.

I mire myself like 5-7 times a day. I worked fucking hard for this, gofdamnright I'm going to acknowledge it.
>>
>>37947692
>too much for her.
what does this even mean
too good for her?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.