[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts For Greater Life Prosperity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 3873837s383e3874.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
3873837s383e3874.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
So guys, I have so many times in my life encountered a situation where I am intellectually stronger than someone and yet I cuck out from my beliefs because they can beat me up even though there is no real threat. What do you think of starting MMA or kick box to get self confidence in that way. I don't have any problems with self confidence in different situations such as speak in front of many people or getting girls, just with confronting physically stronger guys.
>>
Just do it, it's a great way of exercising, it boosts self-esteem and it grants you skills that most likely will be necessary one day. Otherwise, try to get a friend to train with you. Me and a buddy of mine both own 14 oz gloves, handwraps and mouthguards. We get together 1-2 times a week just to fight and it's good fun + a good way to burn of calories if you're cutting which I am.
>>
>>37935963
You only need 3 or 4 things in a street fight.

A 1,2,3 "goto" combo. A sprawl. A standard Takedown. Maybe learn how to use kicks eventually. If you have at least these few things in muscle memory, you'll have the advantage in most street interactions that escalate to physical aggression.

Also, I like to use "mutual combat law" where if both parties agree to a "sanctioned" (discuss ground rules) fight it is legal as long it doesn't result in a death (best to have 3rd party present to prevent this). See if you have this law where you live. More often than not if the person wants to escalate the issue you can make them think and wonder what you know by talking about it prior. O have had many people walk away or not show up due to me making them discuss the fight prior. If they just attack thats a threat on the persons life and should be dealt with with the same amount of force (meaning potentially leathal). This works, I've used it. Seen others use it. Just try not to get too heated that you forget to discuss things first and then wonder why you are in jail.
>>
>>37935963
To be a good fighter you wanna be good at 1 grappling art and 1 striking art. The best way to go about it is to become good at one first then learn the next one. Start with kickboxing then after a while when you're good at it start doing BJJ and then you can start doing actual MMA.
>>
>>37935963
i've done mma, thai boxing and bjj, met some mma guys who would whoop your ass in the ring but were pussies in real life. the truth is, either you're a predator, or you're prey. some prey fights back better but is still prey
>>
>>37936203
To be fair if you fuck someone up in real life you can get in real trouble.

I did kickboxing for years and even though its been years since I did it I could still knock a surprising amount of fuckers around. But I am always very wary of getting involved in something because I couldn't fight someone properly without potentially injuring them. Sort of wish I did judo or something.
>>
>>37935963
Maybe you are just a pussy?
>>
>>37936282
It was implied that I am a pussy. I don't want to be one. I put myself asleep believing in self improvement story.
>>37936061
>>37936084
>>37936184
>>37936203
>>37936268
thank you for info and thoughts.
>>
>>37935963
>"As a Judo competitor, Beluschak has won numerous awards and competed in hundreds of tournaments at the local, national and international level. He is a four-time Jr. Olympic Champion, a Pennsylvania State Champion, a West Virginia State Champion, a three-time Grand Champion and a Gold Medallist in the Keystone State Games. Beluschak was also a winner in the International Judo Championship and the U.S. National Championship."
That's my judo teacher, one on one lessons because I want to wrestle in college. I'm going to train with him 4 times a week, box once a week and wrestle once a week. I'd recommend you start with boxing, it's the best for street fighting and entering mma.
>>
Just carry a gun
>>
>>37935963
The fact that you think you need to be a good fighter to stand up for your self is sad...
With that in mind I suggest jiu jitsu because almost all street fights go to the ground, then tai chi to improve throws and striking, the probably Muay Thai
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.