[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where does LA Fitness fall on the spectrum of gyms? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: la-fitness.jpg (105 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
la-fitness.jpg
105 KB, 750x500
So where does LA Fitness fall on the spectrum of gyms?

Is it closer to Gold's, or is it closer to Planet Fitness?
>>
>>37924519
Planet fitness.

If you like cocky employees LA Fitness is where it's at.

Story time:
>Be me, at LA Fitness
>On stairmaster
>overhear employees arguing with customer
>employees are bitching at her because she gave training advice to a friend she brought
>She pays extra every month to bring a friend
>employees tell her only trainers are allowed to train
>I get so butthurt that I cancel my membership the next month

I would constantly get the faggot employee who wears the backpack vacuum try to talk to me. He high fives other faggots he apparently has friended there.

Fuck LA Fitness REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I always saw it as kind of a chick place like Bally's or Curves, but not as extreme.

Honestly the differences between the national chains come down more to individual locations and personal experience. If it has a squat rack and free weights then who cares.
>>
Just use Snap Fitness if we're talking big box gyms. They never bug me there, and their equipment isn't bad.
>>
Its a trendy gym full of people who want to link their workouts with the "LA" image. Basically wannabes and the worst types of lifters + some people who know what they're doing.

It's planet fitness without the fat people and more instagram fitness account selfies
>>
Friday nights and Saturday mornings are the fucking worst for lifting.
dumbells everywhere, bro fags hogging the bench, camwhores on the squats, crossfit fags running back and forth, blacks on their phones but won't let you use anything theyre next to, pajeets checking themselves out on the mirrors, etc.
but the cardio area is always good. pool, sauna and jacoozi are great. if you want good lifting, either battle it out or go at a better time and day.
>>
filled with meatheads (I know, I just can't think of better epithet) that don't re-rack their shit. I aint tryna make Hide-n-Seek gains.

There is nothing deficient in the equipment, I just don't have use for pool/racquet ball or the branches.
>>
>>37924519

Golds is closer to Planet Fitness than anything else simply because every fuckboi wannabe-bodybuilder trains there.
>>
It's kind of in the middle, closer to PF.

Tons of quarter-squatters.

GLOVES EVERYWHERE.

PUSSY PAD
U
S
S
Y

P
A
D

niggers
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 365x365
>Tfw your LA fitness has two hammer strength power cages
>tfw all the equipment is from hammer strength or icarion
>Tfw most of the people who use the free weight section aren't faggots
>Tfw there are tons of benches and barbells in storage for all to use
I lucked out super hard
>>
My experience at LA fitness is mixed.

The ones i've used have decent free weight areas. The staff is pretty chill, although that might be only with the heavy lifters that follow gym etiquette.

There has been a recent increase of people leaving shit all over the place or putting it back in the wrong spots. Honestly you'll get that most any gym you walk into though.

(Side note: The only reason I lift there is a free membership. If I had to pay the montly fee of $40 or some shit i'd find a better gym with an actual track i could run on with Diddly lift platforms.
>>
My LA Fitness:

>hammerstrength machines
>two squat racks
>one power rack
>stupid amount of benches
>oly bar in corner used only for rows
>"cross training" area with battle ropes and kettlebells
>top floor cardio/ellipticals/stairmasters
>bottom floor weights
>$20/month
>5 min from home

Sucks that there's not oly platform, but the closest place that has that is a 24 hour fitness 30 min away and 3x the price
>>
>pros
proximity
has a good amount of barbells and squat racks/power cages
not that many people when i go, late morning usually
>cons
fucking packed during peak hours or on weekends
weights everywhere
sometimes you have to hunt a barbell down because fags leave them in random places

I mean its not bad.
>>
I used to go there. I thought it was a good mix of people who have no idea what they're doing and buff guys. No one bothered me. Enough people to just blend in but not too many that you had to wait for them to get done with something. And all the equipment is like brand new.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.