[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is keto a meme? If i eat at an x deficit, will eating fats and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Is keto a meme?

If i eat at an x deficit, will eating fats and proteins exclusively help me lose more fat?
>>
no, and that isn't what ketofags claim
>>
Have fun having no energy to actually go make gains.
>>
>>37920979
No.

>>37920994
Yes it is what many of them claim. The whole idea goes back to Atkins and even before that with the carb-insulin hypothesis of obesity. The idea is that keto creates a "metabolic advantage" because the lack of carbs and dependence on ketones release fat from fat cells and prevent it from going back in, so your body is forced to oxidize or excrete them, thus significantly raising your energy expenditure without doing anything.

This is false of course, and people on keto actually lose much more muscle mass and much less fat mass than people on moderate and high-carbohydrate diets.
>>
>>37921027
>This is false of course, and people on keto actually lose much more muscle mass and much less fat mass than people on moderate and high-carbohydrate diets.

Oh? I always thought that
>The idea is that keto creates a "metabolic advantage" because the lack of carbs and dependence on ketones release fat from fat cells and prevent it from going back in, so your body is forced to oxidize or excrete them, thus significantly raising your energy expenditure without doing anything.
was true, but that it simply was outweighed by the disadvantages of keto (or more like, the disadvantages of a lack of carbs)
>>
>>37921003
>no energy
what did he mean by this
>>
no it won't.
also, looking at people doesn't it appear obvious to you that literally everybody who actually looks like they lift eats carbs? yeah, only fattys and DYELs do keto. basically people who don't lift heavy weights and never get anywhere with their fitness progress. they read some meme articles, lose some fat and think it's keto magic and not because of the fucking deficit. and when it's time to gain muscles they stop or realize it's either carbs or 0 progress
>>
>>37920979
>Is keto a meme?
no

>If i eat at an x deficit, will eating fats and proteins exclusively help me lose more fat?
Yes. Contrary to what these dumbass CICO IIFYM retards will spout, yes it will, but you can't do this for extended periods of time. Anons will start flaming me because of thermodynamics and shit they know absolutely nothing about because they've never stepped out of the basement or been to the gym.

If low-carb is a meme, tell me why 99% of BB and physique competitors cut out carbs completely 3-4 weeks and then carbload hard right before a show?
>b-but its all about calories
yeah the thousands of people who's body and physique is their livelihood don't know what they are doing. They are just memeing breh
>>
>>37921121
>cut out carbs completely 3-4 weeks and then carbload hard right before a show
LOL
they do it during the last week to empty glycogen stores. not during the last month to lose more fat or anything like that. to get their calories down, they DECREASE fats and carbs (mostly fats)
>>
>>37921121
Although I agree that a calorie =/= a calorie for different reasons and that /fit/ mostly doesn't know shit outside of IIFYM, the reason why BB competitors cut out carbs is not to lose fat, it's to deplete their glycogen storage and their glycogen storage capacity.
>>
>>37921152
>>37921159
>>37921084
>>37921003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr6UgfgZiIo&feature=youtu.be

>dat zero energy on no carbs wewlad
ketosis isn't some made up word. It's actually a thing
>>
>>37920979
keto's main upside is that you hardly crave any food which makes it very easy to not cheat and eat according to a schedule
>>
>>37921079
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0
>>
>>37920979
>Is keto a meme?

No, it's a real thing that people do. It's not just a running internet joke like Pepe the Frog or Feels Guy.

It's good for fatties. I've done it and it does work. Mainly what it does for you is put you though "rehab" for your sugar addiction, and help you manage your cravings. It does NOT violate Calories In Calories Out, although many people on a ketogenic diet naturally eat at a caloric deficit without actually needing to do the counting.
>>
◕ͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥͥ
>>
>>37920979
>Is keto a meme?
Of course it is. It might work, but so does just fucking eating less. And that option has far less repercussions.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.