[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I buy the ugly plastic squatty potty or the cool wood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
should I buy the ugly plastic squatty potty or the cool wood looking one? is the wood one just as durable? it doesn't look very sturdy
>>
>>37919565
that kind of wood is really strong, get a job kid
>>
I have these sperglord new-atheist friends. You know. "Intellectuals" that are too intellectual for things like education or employment. They make themselves out to be massive sceptics (which basically means they disagree with any mainstream point of view).

When this 'squatting' shit started they were circle jerking over these $50 stools that were supposedly so good for their health.

Here I am like:
>I'm a licensed plumber, there's no standard height for toilets. I've installed 15 inch high ones, and 26 inch high ones.
>People's height varies, so by buying something to elevate your legs all you're doing is going from one arbitrary position to another
>You can buy single steps that do the exact same thing for ten bucks from hardware and camping stores
>>
>>37919597
not every job includes working with wood
>>37919599
there's literally a chart on the website to check the size you want for the size of toilet you have. also it's not a precise position like you seem to be suggesting against ALL THE RESEARCH IN THE WORLD saying anything elevated from the ground is better than nothing
>>
>>37919619
>ALL THE RESEARCH IN THE WORLD saying anything elevated from the ground is better than nothing

You're a moron who got conned.

There's no research suggesting this has any health benefits at all. There's some highly dubious research that suggests squatting, IE, not using a toilet or using one installed in the ground, can help prevent piles. The reason this is dubious is because piles are clearly caused by dietary factors more than anything else and diets are notoriously difficult to control for.

By your reasoning you may as well just put your house on stilts. Except no. Maybe your house is already on stilts? Maybe you're already in the perfect position for shitting? Point is it's completely arbitrary and you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>37919597
Fucking cars and planes have been made out of plywood, how daft can you be? Or do you weigh several tons?
>>
>>37919565
Unless you're obese and planning to put all your weight on it, you're good.
>>
>>37919655
>There's no research suggesting this has any health benefits at all.
What the fuck are you talking about? Can you not use google? Are you this desperate in trying to appeal superior to your mates that you disregard science and basic human anatomy to find something to feel smug about? Not that surprised to see this from a fucking plumber to be honest, I guess you rarely get to experience superiority.

It's not a coincidence we squatted to shit for tens of thousands of years before water toilets were invented. I'm not saying a squatty potty is more effective than stacking bricks or something under your feet but I don't happen to have a pile of bricks in my bathroom cabinet to assemble under my feet every time I take a shit.
>By your reasoning you may as well just put your house on stilts. Except no. Maybe your house is already on stilts? Maybe you're already in the perfect position for shitting?
You just went full retard.
>>
>>37919565
You can lean forward on the shitter and it brings you to the exact same position. Are you people fucking retarded?
>>
>>37919740
nah poor people too cheap to pay $30 were saying that in the comment section so I've been trying it. definitely not as effective as the crappy stepladder setup I macgyvered which is basically the same as a squatty potty with none of the convenience.
>>
>>37919664
I made me a lady friend outta plywood, she holds up real well
>>
>>37919698
>What the fuck are you talking about? Can you not use google?
>Doesn't provide any links.

I've read the studies. The most robust ones are based around differences between people living in India and Australia which, seeing as they're from completely different cultures with completely different diets, is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING USELESS.

> Are you this desperate in trying to appeal superior to your mates that you disregard science and basic human anatomy to find something to feel smug about?
>Feeling smug
>Anonymously

Nope, I'm not that retarded. Thanks for the insight into just how ridiculous a person you are, though.

>You just went full retard.

Elaborate.

You seem to be under the impression that by elevating your legs <x> amount it will make shitting healthier/easier, but you have NO IDEA whether your legs are already elevated to that extent in practice. What is the practical difference between lowering the toilet bowl versus raising your legs?

There is none and you're an idiot.
>>
>bending your knees "unkinks" the colon.
>what is human anatomy?
>>
File: sitting-vs-squatting.gif (7 KB, 453x327) Image search: [Google]
sitting-vs-squatting.gif
7 KB, 453x327
>>37919762
>What is the practical difference between lowering the toilet bowl versus raising your legs?
literally nothing? who said there is a difference? but my toilet bowl is not at floor level and a new toilet bowl is a hell of a lot more expensive than a piece of wood.
>but you have NO IDEA whether your legs are already elevated to that extent in practice
except I do because I'm not fucking retarded like you seem to be. my knees are in a 90 degree angle. my thighs are parallel to the floor. these are both indications that my legs are NOT elevated nearly as high as they would be in the traditional squatting posture.

that rubber band looking thing they show in advertising is not just a visual representation of a vague idea. it's a muscle that literally exists and shows up in x-rays. it's called the puborectalis muscle. you can't argue its existence
>Nope, I'm not that retarded.
>I have these sperglord new-atheist friends. You know. "Intellectuals"
>Here I am like:
:^)
>>
Just remove your toilet so there's a hole in the ground and learn to shit like an asian
>>
File: How-Magnets-Work.png (99 KB, 415x337) Image search: [Google]
How-Magnets-Work.png
99 KB, 415x337
>>37919800
Nice picture, was that what finally convinced you?

Oh well, since you're clearly too retarded to listen to common sense I may as well help other snake oil salesmen make money off your stupid ass.

>my knees are in a 90 degree angle. my thighs are parallel to the floor. these are both indications that my legs are NOT elevated nearly as high as they would be in the traditional squatting posture.

Except no.

Things we've covered there's no standard for:
Height of toilet.
Human height.

Here's another thing there's no standard for:
Knee angle while squatting.
>>
File: pooping-on-the-beach2.jpg.jpg (14 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
pooping-on-the-beach2.jpg.jpg
14 KB, 700x393
>>37919800
>my knees are in a 90 degree angle. my thighs are parallel to the floor. these are both indications that my legs are NOT elevated nearly as high as they would be in the traditional squatting posture.

wew
>>
>>37919828
why the fuck would there need to be a standard when MY OWN KNEES are in a 90 degree angle and MY OWN THIGHS are parallel to the floor when I sit on MY TOILET?

I don't care about other people's asses, I'm talking about MY OWN ASS. and I don't need standards to know MY ASS on MY TOILET SEAT is not in a squatting (around 35 degree angle) position when I TAKE A SHIT.
>common sense
lol
>I may as well help other snake oil salesmen
more like you're a grumpi old man who has nothing else to feel good about so he gets an odd sensation of pride proving to himself how he "can't be outsmarted"

seriously, think for a second. even if I hadn't tested out the principle using a stepladder WHICH I HAVE AND FOUND IT EFFECTIVE before spending my money it's fucking 30 dollars. 30 bucks. I know plumbers make decent bank so it can't be about that. no, it's the vague feeling of superiority again. you just can't accept the idea that there are good little gadgets out there because then you'd have nothing to feel like you're above of. you crave situations where you can tell other "stupid pseudo-intellectuels" how them spending THIRTY FUCKING DOLLARS on taking a chance that a minor invention might make their lives minutely more enjoyable is "falling for a scam"

take a long look at yourself and re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>37919828
I saw my friends dad with something like that, wtf is this alex jones shit?
>>
>>37919855
>why the fuck would there need to be a standard
>for a stool to optimise leg position while on the toilet

Everyone laugh at the retard.
>>
>>37919855
>take a long look at yourself and re-evaluate your life.

Your posts are an order of magnitude longer than mine.
>>
>>37919866
it's "improve" not "optimize". you literally invented the word "optimize" in this context and are the first one in the thread to use it
>>
>>37919879
>It's <synonym of x> not <x>

Nice one.
>>
HOW IS THIS FUCKING FITNESS RELATED?
>>
>>37919886
you need to re-enroll in middle school if you think those two words are synonyms
>>37919873
and I think you need to go back to grade school math class
>>
>>37919905
>/fit/ - Health and Fitness
it's health related
>>
ITT : One wasteman arguing with a kid that thinks he's some sort of psychoanalyst about why he shouldn't buy a piece of wood, the amount of characters in his replies and what synonyms are.

Classic /fit/
>>
>>37919929
it only says fitness dude. it said health and fitness, but fuck that. this is for people who wanna eat big to get big. not for chromosome rich people who needs a potty trainer
>>
>>37919828

THAT"S A ROULEAUX THEY"RE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHY DID I MAJOR IN BIOLOGY IT ON:Y BRINGS ME PAIN
>>
you do know the toilet is holding most of the weight right?
>>
>>37919565
Am I the only one who doesn't know wtf this thing is?
>>
>>37922276

op is a turbo manlet and doesn't want his legs hanging loose when he poops
>>
lean forward you dumbass. its about the angle of the torso, not the height of the legs.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.