[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tall guys and squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1447515793480.jpg (175 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1447515793480.jpg
175 KB, 720x960
How the fuck do you do squats properly when you are 6'5? It's fucking impossible.
>>
Depends on the proportion of your legs to your torso. 1 of them is probably relatively long and this causes the problem, because in theory, if your proportions are the same as a shorter person, that would not make it any more difficult. You would be doign the exact same movement, you would just be.. bigger..

The reality is that tall people generally have weirder proportions. What you must do it ignore all standard squat advice like "knees not too far over toes, but this far back etc" and find out how your proportions are, and move accordingly. In practice this probably means that your squat will be a squat where either your knees come forward alot, or your butt will go backward alot.

You could just try both and see what feel right (or atleast better than normal). Just go and try some squats with your butt sticking out excessively, and then do some with your knees forward alot.
>>
>>37882419
I know a guy who is atleast 6'6 who squats 4pl8 for a double highbar with nice form.
Height means fuck all really, if you're inflexible and a market you'll struggle too. Stop blaming proportions and height and out your energy into getting good.
>>
>>37882436
We all know that you are just 1 guy pathetically trying to push this copy pasta into becoming a meme. But i can guarantee you that this is nowhere even near funny enough for anyone else to pick it up and continue your work. I suggest you reevaluate and come up with a new "meme". Because the anonymous online autist satisfaction of being the creator of a meme shall not be obtained by this specific work, brah...
>>
>>37882436
U mad?
>>
I have a bit of a sunken chest so bench press feels like absolute shit

Dumbbell press is fine though
>>
>>37882436

Manlet detected.
>>
>>37882419
I'm 6'2 and I squat 240kg, I don't think 3 inches of height makes that big of a difference. Anyway post a vid of you squatting, maybe we can help you with an advice.
>>
It's not height that makes squatting difficult it's how you are built. That being said shorter guys get stronger faster but have a smaller ceiling.
>>
>>37882483
This is anti funny.

Has to be ironic.
>>
>>37882483
>>37882483
>>37882483

good shit actually
>>
>>37882419
Im 6'5" with shitty squat proportions. Once you find your groove, it's all good. High bar for the win
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.