[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I need your advice please. I'm 21, 5'11,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: helpmefit.png (73 KB, 255x207) Image search: [Google]
helpmefit.png
73 KB, 255x207
Hey /fit/, I need your advice please.

I'm 21, 5'11, and I'm guessing around 220 pounds (haven't weighed myself in years).

I've tried going to the gym and eating clean 3 different times in my life now (within 3 years). All three times I have failed in about 3-4 weeks of trying. The reasons I give up are just the usual crappy excuses that I convince myself are legitimate. I end up hating myself for it, and go straight back to binge eating and telling myself that it's okay to look the way I do. Recently, I broke up with my ex and something triggered me to give working out and being healthy another shot. I'm tired of living the way that I do and not caring about my body, so I am now eating clean and going on runs every 2 or 3 days. I'm also doing little home workouts every day as well with DB's.

I DO NOT want to fail at this again, so my goal is to build some strength before I go to the gym again so that I don't just get discouraged straight from the get go and end up quitting again if I fail to do some type of workouts there. My question for you guys is what are some home workouts I can do with 2 DB's with interchangeable weights ranging from either 20 pounds on each, or 40 pounds on a single DB. Or anything else I can do at home to build strength like push ups or something?

I would love to know what you guys think.
>>
File: Slav-squatting.jpg (67 KB, 700x434) Image search: [Google]
Slav-squatting.jpg
67 KB, 700x434
Former fattie here.
Sorry for my bad english i am not an native english speaker.
Running is oblioisly the best to burn calories or fat.
I think you should go to the gym and do multijoint exerices , such as squat or deadlift.
Also mark up everything you eat, make yourself a diet plan, with around 150g of protein, 80g of healthy fats and around 200kcal.
If you to these right you will be fit, there is nothing what can stop you.
>>
>>37869419
>I DO NOT want to fail at this again, so my goal is to build some strength before I go to the gym again so that I don't just get discouraged straight from the get go and end up quitting again if I fail to do some type of workouts there.

no.

You work out at the gym. You build strength and gains at the gym.

You keep those gains by not overeating.

Don't be afraid to go to the gym and just have a fun short workout, especially at the start.

Do you actually think people who workout 5-6 days a week don't have one day a week where they just do fun shit like play basketball or jump in on the kickboxing class or swim laps.

Not everything has to be worried about your 1rm.

Also people on the internet like to be obsessed about working out 'right' and not 'wrong'. While form is important, Weightlifting is not science.

Dumb guys are really good at it. Weight goes up, weight goes down you get stronger.

The main reason people fail is that they simply do not go to the gym enough.

Keep a bag packed and ready to go in your trunk so you can go to the gym at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>37869419
Don't listen to other guy, at that weight and height you can cut by eating 2200 a day. Start off with the diet, people fail because they try to do too much at once and lack willpower. If you only eat when you're actually hungry and not just bored a diet will be easy desu. Get skinny and then bulk to muscle, best way to do it
>>
>>37869419
You don't need to eat autistically clean, just lower the calorie amount.

You probably give up and start binge eating again from some kind of personal problem. Something similar to someone who cuts themselves or knows they are harming themselves. Learning about how to fix that personal issue will help a long way.

Doing pushups (even on your knees), pullups or just holding yourself in pullup position (or half of the rep with just pulling yourself up with a chair and having no help getting down from the rep) or dips. I did these on chairs in my house - make sure they are strong enough.

A friend I got into lifting recently literally couldn't lift the bar once, shit it weird as fuck. Just start small and realize you'll be making huge ass gains early on when you lose the weight and start eating a lot with the lifting again

>ex

also if you can get a gf, you are better off then most of this board. there is no reason for you to be using depressed facebook frog, seriously
>>
>>37869994
Offbyone.jpg but fucking this
Set realistic goals like loosing 5-10 pounds a month.
Make a plan or find a routine online like push pull legs and pick a challenging weight for yourself (not heavy as fuck but not easy)
Have a reason for lifting (I use it to help with my anger issues)
If deep down you know you don't want to change then you won't and you will find excuses to continue to be a fat fuck.
I believe in you anon
>>
Honestly man, take it slow and make it sustainable.

I was 235lbs and I dropped all the way to 135 just by eating less. It didnt happen all at once, it took years, but I didnt put much effort at all into it. I literally just ate less. If I normally ate a large bowl of cereal, I would eat 3/4 of it. Burger and large fries? Burger and medium fries. Bottle of soda? Can of soda. And once I got used to the new normal I lessened the portions a little bit more.

This was all way before getting fit, which is honestly much better, but Im trying to show you it really isnt hard. You can do it even if your willpower is low. Just dont expect life changing results unless you drastically change your life.

As for 'exercise', for health you need cardiovascular conditioning. To look good you need strength training. The best way to mix the two is LISS cardio, and lifting in order to gain strength in the big four lifts.

>LISS
Low intensity steady state. The fastest and simplest way to get into this is to: pick a distance, run as long as you can even if it isnt very fast or very far, walk untill you can do it again. Increase distance and time running. Once this gets boring, switch to a real running program. You dont have to push it very far to get amazing feels.

>Strength training
This will raise your testosterone, thicken your bones, muscles, and connective tissue, and just all around improve you. Theres too many subtle benefits to being strong, I just really hope you find your own.

How to go about it: first off, torrent the Starting Strength book. Read it. Its not a joke program at all. It only is supposed to last 3-6months, and give you a solid foundation for a strength training career.

The best way to drive hypertrophy, in my opinion, is to get stronger in the big four. Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Standing Press. After an adjustment period, the only way for you to move more weight is to grow. Therefore, if your lists are increasing, your muscles have gotten bigger.
>>
>>37870074
So take it one step at a time man. Every day a little bit closer.

Go for walks, do push-ups. Just try your best to always move forward. Good luck, and seriously if you start lifting read Starting Strength. You dont even have to do the program (even though it is a very solid beginners program) just read the book
>>
Also take this to heart anon:

A small hershey's bar is 180 calories.

Going on the Cybex for 20 minutes is 180 calories.

What is easier to reach your end goal of running a calorie deficit? Being on a machine an extra 20 minutes a day or not eating that candy bar?

You'll get stronger eating a shit diet but you'll just be a 240 lb guy who has put on 15 lbs of good muscle and you won't look any better nekkid
>>
I would while the 5x5 aspect of Starting Strength is fine I would avoid taking Starting Strength as gospel, especially as a 225 lb guy who is looking to get under 200lbs.

This may make people want to kill me but I would have been lost as a noob without this:

>THE NEW ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MODERN BODYBUILDING

https://www.amazon.com/New-Encyclopedia-Modern-Bodybuilding-Updated/dp/0684857219

that is your new bible. It will bring you to IRON VALHALLA
>>
Also start weighing yourself twice a week on the same day every week in the morning after you have pissed and shit.

This don't weigh yourself shit is for girls. you need feedback and numbers, even if it doesn't tell you how healthy you are or how much lean muscle youve put on, etc.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.