[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Mental Health/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (456 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
456 KB, 800x800
I fell for the modafinil meme brehs. I bought a bunch of this shit thinking it would help me study harder but it didn't work at all. I read all these posts about people getting tunnel vision and studying for hours on end and not realizing how much time went by without getting distracted but not me. All I got were the negative side effects. I should have done more research because I found a study that shows the only people who see an increase in cognitive function are people who aren't very bright to begin with and it actually slows reaction time and stifles lateral thinking (creativity/thinking outside the box) in smart people. How many of you guys used modafinil as a performance enhancer?

For those of you who are top of your class, what are some of your study habits and how do you deal with procrastination?
>>
>>37868992
Discipline & method.
Anything else (muh motivation & drugs) is "doing it wrong".

Modafinil is not a performance enhancer, it just keeps you waked up. All the OTC effects are, well, side effects. Taking a pill just for its OTC self-diagnosed effects reported in a subreddit is inane. Doing so without a prescription is potentially criminal in some countries and potentially outright dangerous for yourself.
You americans have this thing for pills. You want a pill for everything. Grow a pair sometimes
>>
>>37869053
You're right. I realized I was taking the cowards way out the minute I bought them just because I was overwhelmed by an assignment. Fucking a, should have known better to trust a bunch of reviews from redditfags.
>>
Computer Science major/Business minor here. I wasnt top of my class the first half of the semester, but I made some habit changes and I slaughtered all my finals last semester. I think if I had those habits the whole time I would be top of my class. I kicked the adderall habit because it made me feel like shit the day after I took it.

-45 minutes on, 15 minutes off, this is strict timing. (Study for 45 min, fuck around for 15)
-Plan your study sessions like events that you cant miss
-Plan out the material to study so you stay on track
-If its hard, study with a smart group, emphasis on smart
-Studying/reviewing before bed helps memorization
-Start studying for exams early with shorter sessions every day. I like to start 1.5 weeks before an exam for an hour a day, then ramp it up to 3 hours a day several days before. This helps ease the stress
-For fucks sake get good sleep, sleep deprivation is terrible for learning
-Eat well, get some caffeine/carbs on heavy study days, redbull is my go-to
>>
I think I have legitimate ADD

I struggle to focus on a video game for more than 5 minutes
>>
I fell for the same meme op
>>
>>37868992
It does give you tunnel vision but you still have to sit down and fucking study. If you procrastinate then you're not trying to study, you're trying to avoid it. If you're playing video games instead of studying modafinil will just make you more absorbed in the video games. Drugs can't make you choose one task over another. Modafinil helps you concentrate on either task.

The reasons you developed procrastination problems is probably because you know from experience you fail at concentrating on the school work. That's a phycological issue. Sitting down and studying and noticing that it isn't that bad thanks to Modafinil will eventually resolve it. Until that happens you will feel just as unwilling to start working, because that unwillingness is based on past experiences and not chemical levels in your brain.
>>
The shit barely keeps me awake, none of these magical properties that are proclaimed.
>>
>>37870039
Proper tips m8 thank you.

>>37870158
Honestly the only things I procrastinate on are large assignments. And I'm not procrastinating because I prefer browsing 4chan to being productive. It's because I stress myself out too much and it snowballs into hating life and it keeps me from being able to think of the assignment. But regular homework and what not is not my problem. I have As in all 3 of my summer session classes and the thought of failing a big project kills me.
>>
>>37868992
MODAFINIL IS A MEME

YOU NEED ADDERALL
AND THAT SHIT WORKS
>>
>>37870358
I'm trying to stay away from narcotics man. I'm sticking with meditating daily. That's the only thing that has actually helped me reduce stress other than lifting and cardio.
>>
>>37868992
I only really use it when I've slept terribly.it works pretty well against hangovers as well.
>>
>>37870201
Those are not problems you medicate for.

Schedule your work, and keep the schedule. That will take a lot of stress away. Decide how much work you're ready to put into something, and then do it. If the result isn't good enough even though you gave it all you were willing to give then that's just the way things are. Look at how much time you have and how you're distributing it. It you think in terms of what you are ready to sacrifice there is no shame if it's not enough, you weren't willing to give more than that.
>>
>>37868992
modafinil is ace. pro poker players use it, medical students, stock traders.
>only works if you're not bright xD
ur gay m8
>>
>>37868992

modafinial just makes me feel ill
>>
>>37868992

I'm top of my class (engineering), and I use modafinil regularly.

It won't make you study, but it will give you the ability to focus on whatever you're doing. If you take one and decide to shitpost on a mongolian ceramics internet forum, you'll be the most dedicated shitposter you can be.

I tell people it's like 10 hours sleep, a hearty breakfast, and a cup of coffee in a pill. Doesn't make you more intelligent, or more able, just lets you perform at your innate, natural best.

I recommend having caffeine/coffee throughout the day while on it, because the caffeine effects are multiplied while on moda.
>>
>>37868992
I'm not sure in what way it's a meme.

It won't make you anymore intelligent, it just makes you focus; but be careful though you can end up concentrating on the wrong task.

I like your point about creativity. I wouldn't want to use it for something truly creative. However, I found when writing papers I was able to connect ideas and concepts quickly, but you could argue that's due to focus.
>>
>getting it from somewhere other than an American pharmacy

LeL
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.