[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Changing my life, want to start boxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (150 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150 KB, 1280x960
hey /fit/
I've been long depressed and physically unfit. Im 1,89m and I weigh around 90kg. I want to change my routine of just going home, being at my pc and doing nothing at all.
I want to learn how to box, because the sport is fucking exciting and I heard its pretty heavy, but really fun.
I think learning a sport will get me motivated to work out in general, because I have a purpose then.

I need to know though, does anyone here box? How physically fit do they expect you to be before you begin? Should I be fit before I begin?
>>
You're going to get brain damage, this is pretty much a fact.

Plus, only blacks and mexicans box. If you're white, do BJJ.
>>
File: 1466790434334.jpg (50 KB, 785x757) Image search: [Google]
1466790434334.jpg
50 KB, 785x757
how old are you?
dont listen to >>37865240
unless you wanna learn how to fight.
No one expects anything.
we expect you to be shit.
Like really bad.
We expect you to trip on your own feet.
And we wont fault you for it.
Because that is how everyone started.
Anyway heres a good starter routien.

3 sets of 20 push ups (rest 1 day after this)
jumprope for ten minutes(everyday)
run untill you cant run, and then run a little more(2 rest days)
plank 60 seconds (1 rest day)
3 sets of 20 jump squats (3 days a week)
3 sets of 5 pull ups (2 rest days)
3 sets of 5 dips (rest one day after this)

I did this for a few months with upgraded numbers after some time.
But i was a 50 kilo twig
now im a 64 kilo twig
good luck faggot
>>
File: IMG-20160705-WA0000-1.jpg (138 KB, 494x604) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160705-WA0000-1.jpg
138 KB, 494x604
>>37865348
arms are 9.3 inches :( so maybe add some chin ups
>>
well fuck you then
>>
>>37865348
Thanks man. Im going for it.
>>
>>37865240
Don't listen to this goon, take Krav Maga.
>>
>>37868689
>Krav Maga
When will this meme die. Any competent striker will prove why it's useless
>>
>>37868689
>krav maga
>fun
pick one
>>
If you really want to beat people up, just make your bodyguard do it.
>>
>>37865229

I'd recommend trying out several combat sports before you pick one. Go to a few different combat gyms, or an MMA gym that trains several different combat sports. Try out several ones, and see which you like the best. You may turn out to like Karate or BJJ a lot more than boxing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.