[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck do I do without equipment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Sorry if this is an obvious question, I'm new to /fit/. Basically I moved cities and there are no gyms near me that aren't expensive as heck (too expensive for me). I've been researching different no-equipment regimes, but they all seem like bullshit buzzfeed shit. What do /fit/izens do without equipment?

I'm normal build, just a bit of extra fluff on my sides that I want to trim off during summer while preparing myself to do some sports when uni starts up again.

I checked the sticky, but no dice. Help me /fit/!
>>
Honestly your best bet is making more money and either getting a gym membership or buying your own equipment. Assuming thats 100% not possible id recommend gymnastic rings if you have a place to hang them from. If you dont have a place to hang them from, get a pullup bar that can brace against a door frame or screw into one. Also looking into Convict Conditioning. But in all honesty, unless you are extremely dedicated, you arent going to make much progress with just body weight stuff and even if you did, its a lot slower than if you had weights. Its not impossible though, 2 of my best friends are yoga instructors who teach 4-5 classes a day and they are jacked as hell.
>>
I kinda wanna know why u moved to a place without naking sure there was an affordable gym nearby
>>
>>37817459
If I had more money, I'd wanna go more and get make gains like I did at my old uni, but right now it's just not possible. At this point I'm lookin for a more toned and sporty type goal (one step at a time).

>>37817461
The only dorm near the campus I need to be at has a gym, but it's rank and shitty. There's this one gym down the street but I ain't spendin 60 euro a month to hang with fatty frenchies at their semi-spa-semi-gym.
>>
>>37817518
good luck man. if you ever come into a little bit of money, check craigslist and places like that to see what used equipment you can get. I got lucky and 10 years ago my best friend and his family were cleaning out their basement. They had a squat rack, barbell, and 400 lbs of weight that they werent using. Gave it to me for my birthday. If it wasnt for that, id still be a skeleton who never worked out
>>
>>37817370
are pushup, planks, v-sits, burpees too buzzfeed for you?
>>
>>37817623
just double checkin with the pros is all
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (24 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
24 KB, 1280x720
>>37817370

What city did you move to?
>>
Why the fuck would you move somewhere if you weren't going to make money.

Nigger/10
>>
>>37817647
near paris, im a student so im poor as fuck
>>
kettlebells, they aren't just a meme.
>>
File: oh hai.png (514 KB, 606x856) Image search: [Google]
oh hai.png
514 KB, 606x856
don't fall for he powerlifting meme. you can look fit af by normie standards without even touching a barbell. when I first started training, all I had was a pull up bar. I did a lot of chin ups and dips and I looked decent. for dips I used two pieces of furniture. you want to add squats, lunges, pull ups, push ups, sprints. bare minimum would be

>chin ups
>push ups
>squats
>>
>>37819281
>I looked decent
Lol. Decent compared to what, faggot?
>>
>>37819579
Literally any modern human male.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1466819169838.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1369) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1466819169838.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1369
Push-ups
Running
>Bonus item
>Super expensive
>Lamborghini-Club Prime Membership Gains
>$20
>Buy a pull up bar and put it on your door
Chin ups

Run more each day, do more push ups each day, and do more chin ups each day than the one before.

Monday
>5 sets to failure of push ups

Tuesday
>5 sets to failure of chin ups

Wednesday
>Run something simple, like a mile. Then add a tenth every cycle.

Thursday
>Add reps to push ups. Still 5xf

Friday
>Add reps to chin ups. Still 5xf

Saturday
>Add .1 miles or more.

Sunday
>Rest or get social gains. Maybe even rock climb.

Literally that simple. Buy a notebook. Buy a pen. Record your workouts.

All you have to do is do better than the workout before.

Soon you'll be doing retarded numbers, like 30 full form chins in one go (without kipping).

You may want a better routine after seeing gains, but by then you'll be well-established enough that it won't matter.

Add in handstands if you'd like. Just against a wall
>>
Not the OP, but does it always have to be chin ups? What other variations of pull ups are beneficial?
>>
>>37820038
It's good to do all variations that you can when it comes to bodyweight, but chin-ups tend to be the easiest to start with
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.