[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beginner advice??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 240x155) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 240x155
Stats:
Height: 5ft 11
Weight: 73 kg or 160 lbs
Body fat percent 17%:
I'm getting a gym membership tomorrow, but I am absolutely terrified, I have never been to a gym before. What advice would you have for a beginner?
>>
>What advice would you have for a beginner?
The people looking at you aren't judging you. They probably don't give a fuck.

Unless you are doing something completely retarded, no one cares about you. It is just your insecurity.
>>
>>37815255
read the sticky
>>
>>37815255
You have to start somewhere OP.

Don't be intimated by the other lifters. People in the gym are trying to achieve some sort of goal and are worrying only about themselves. Just shoot some music through your ears and focus on the next set.

Familiarize yourself with compound exercises, movements, and gym equipment, etc. There's plenty of information online for this, but I'll show you my favorite site here: http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html . Since you've never been to a gym before try to take it slow.

Your first week or two, you will be extremely sore as your body adjusts to the new stimulus. Make sure you stretch before and after lifting. Drink plenty of water.

Make sure you are eating and sleeping enough as well. You're body does not grow while in the gym, it breaks down. When you are not lifting your body is recovering and eating the right foods and getting plenty of rest will help with your gains

Try to find a workout routine that is smart and proven to give results and stick with it. The biggest thing when I first got into lifting how slow building muscle is, that's why weightlifting is a marathon and not a sprint. Be patient.

Also read sticky
>>
>>37815255
>17% at 5'11 160lbs

Don't wanna be rude... but how?
>>
>>37816532
That's a pretty normal non lifter build man, what's your problem?
>>
>>37815255
5'10"
14%
3 months in, Ill hold your hand OP
>>
>>37815255
>What advice would you have for a beginner?

Go consistently
>>
>>37817236
THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON
>>
If somebody locks eyes in the gym don't look away. They will rape your asshole if you do.
>>
>>37815255
>1. Eat
personally i think this is the most important. look into Matt Ogus nutrition videos they are GOAT
>2.Lift
get on a actual program. seriously, you will see gains with any half-decent program. examples include candito 6 week, SL 5x5, P/P/L, etc.
>3.sleep
this is often overlooked. you tear your muscles in the gym; that's not hard to do. But recovery is what help you actually gain muscle.

repeat consistently and indefinitely until death

don't worry about people making fun of you and don't make fun of people. You will plateau, you will have some injuries but, if you stay consistent with heavy lifting and good form, you will become something else entirely.
>>
>>37817293
>implying 5'10 150lb 7% bf isn't ideal body
>>
>>37815255
Everyone else hates themselves as much as or more than you do
>>
>>37815255
>I am absolutely terrified, I have never been to a gym before
no one really cares about you breh, just do your thing
>>
>>37817480
>Not having any mass in his legs
Embarassing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.