[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't I see more about kettlebells on /fit/? Are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 40KG.jpg (87 KB, 300x415) Image search: [Google]
40KG.jpg
87 KB, 300x415
Why don't I see more about kettlebells on /fit/?

Are they a good solution for people who lack the space for gym equipment or who can't get access to a gym or are too autastic/poor to go in the first place?

They seem pretty versatile but there must be some drawbacks considering everybody seems to prefer all the big equipment.
>>
Major problem: They're not scalable. You'd need a whole set if you are going to have an effective workout.

You can't really bench press them. The size required for an effective squat/deadlift replacement for anyone with testosterone would be absurd.

There is really nothing that cannot be achieved more successfully using barbells. The only thing they are essential for is swings, they should be a part of any endurance routine.
>>
>>37788147
>Why don't I see more about kettlebells on /fit/?
I'm not sure. I totally love them myself.

>Are they a good solution for people who lack the space for gym equipment or who can't get access to a gym or are too autastic/poor to go in the first place?
Given that I fall into one of those categories I and have a home routine that I'm very happy with, I would say that there are indeed a great solution.

Here's a link to that routine if you're curious:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WtTtbBR0hlenAGIX_O3Dsoc9qwQjun4GcZOwOEtOQrQ/edit?usp=sharing

>They seem pretty versatile but there must be some drawbacks considering everybody seems to prefer all the big equipment.
As the other guy said, they aren't readily scalable which makes them a problem for people who are basically just trying to get big.

>>37788222
I don't even do swings myself, but I'll agree that most of what they're used for can be just as easily done with standard dumbbells.
>>
>>37788301
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WtTtbBR0hlenAGIX_O3Dsoc9qwQjun4GcZOwOEtOQrQ/edit?usp=sharing

This is very useful, thanks kettlebro
>>
>>37788147
There are kettlebells at my gym.

Sometimes see people do the only kettlebell movement I know. The one where they swing the between their legs and then swing it up like a front delt raise...

Sometimes I go stand near them and do actual front delt raises with the same weight with controlled motion... Makes me feel good knowing I'm not going to destroy my joints.
>>
>>37788461
>Sometimes see people do the only kettlebell movement I know. The one where they swing the between their legs and then swing it up like a front delt raise...
Your typical swing isn't a shoulder-focused exercise by any means.

>Makes me feel good knowing I'm not going to destroy my joints.
[Not that I can critique their form] Kettlebells like any exercise can be done without destroying joints as long as you know what to do.
>>
File: 20110208-mouvement-balistique.jpg (19 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
20110208-mouvement-balistique.jpg
19 KB, 300x299
>>37788461
kettlebell swings have nothing to do with delt raises anon
>>
>>37788147
because they're not the best tool for any job. they're decent for condtioning, but there are a million ways to do conditioning.
>>
>>37788147
they're for white girls who are too afraid to lift a fucking bar
>>
>>37789109
>because they're not the best tool for any job
they are great to work on grip and balance
>>
>>37789058
Oh boy. I bet they talk about me on their boards.
>>
obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=427hjj0ZRDc
>>
>>37789179
>Oh boy. I bet they talk about me on their boards.
what?
>>
>>37789203
can't do certain stuff with that though
>>

Only lunks use kettlebells.
>>
>>37788147
KETTLEBELLS ARE FOR PUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.