[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: feel vietnam 2.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
feel vietnam 2.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>tfw I was given the perfect start back when I was 13
>my dad put me in a good football program
>the coaches were excellent at training and were affiliated with good high schools
>high schools were already sending me mail because I was bigger and taller than the rest of my peers
>just a few years and I would have been a player on a high school team
>I gave it all up for video games and internet

Now, I am forced to learn how to do power cleans and fix my posture from the internet. I stretch every day to undo the imbalances I've forced upon my body. This would have easily been done years ago if I wasn't a hedonistic nihilist. I regret it...

What feels can you share?
>>
File: 1449547479288.png (87 KB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
1449547479288.png
87 KB, 285x285
/missed opportunities/ thread?

>loved soccer as a kid and started playing it early on
>play every day on the streets becoming better as time goes on
>suddenly I am the best in my whole elementary school
>fast forward to middle/high school
>people remember me and pick me first to their team when we play
>coaches commenting on my sicc skillz and recommend I go play in a professional club
>haha nah maybe

And now I'm a 26 year old virgin who's still doing his bachelors degree and making noob gains. Sometimes I wonder what life I could have had if only I would have taken a different path in life. Hold me senpai
>>
>>37782127
I joined my athletics program and I even participated in a few competitions. Then, I got hurt and my asshole teacher made me take some shitty drug to compete without feeling pain. I had to take full rest for one year because of that shit and I stopped exercising altogether.

I went from 6'2 170 lbs to 140lbs. Took me a while to recover.
>>
>>37782223
>not placing all his hopes and dreams on a sport
>doing his bachelors degree and lifting
sounds more like a success story to me
>>
Don't know if freinds actually like me because they hang out all the time without me and whenever i ask of they wanna hang it seems like they already have plans with each other I didn't know about
>Decide I need to find out
>Delete all non important contacts from my phone so I don't give in to loneliness
>If they like me they'll text me
>2 weeks now
>Nothing
>No calls, no texts, no snaps and they all seem to be having fun on their stories
>I actually have no fucking freinds
>This is the worst feel ever
>Worse than no gf
>No bros to hang with
>Always alone
>Cant go anywhere alone so cant meet new people
>I'm so sad rn
I also feel like the only reason I developed an interest in fashion, music, fitness and books is so that I can fake a personality desu, I don't have anything else to bring to a group of freinds. My humour is so self depreciating to the point it worries people and I can never get people excited or looking forward to anything. I don't know what to do with my life. I might just try to have enough income for nice clothes, a home gym and some entertainment and just cocoon myself forever and stop going out although together
It's not worth it
>>
>>37782537
Man I actually miss not having friends or a gf. I love her now so i dont really want to leave. But I liked being a loner. Did what I want. Where I wanted too. Met up with acquaintances and I had a whole bunch of sex with different girls.

Now I do couples shit and hang out with my friends now because i dont know.

I really just want a house in the woods. Where I can collect rain water and hunt for my food.
>>
odds are you wouldn't of gotten anywhere.

its a well understood phenomenon the kids who peak early are seldom the ones who will actually make it in professional sport.

it's the kids who peak later who do, typically.
>>
From a Midwest state with a huge wrestling culture, tradition of wrestling in mom's side of family. They put me in the program in elementary, I hated it since I was a little pussy. Now I'm in my early 20s, love fitness and grappling/BJJ, and wish nothing more than to go back and wrestle to build that base of technique/discipline/fitness as a kid.
>>
>>37782263
Not if he ends up unhappy
>>
File: 098 - bCW7cVm.jpg (49 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
098 - bCW7cVm.jpg
49 KB, 680x510
>2013
>lose 80lbs, get into decent shape, start attracting people
>feel really good
>get an amazing boyfriend (n-no homo though) and start feeling complacent about working out
>he never cared about what i looked like, just liked me for me blah blah
>slowly gained back 30 lbs
>we have a bad break up a year ago
>fall into depression, smoke pot and eat crap all day everyday while barely putting effort into college
>gain another 25 lbs, look like absolute shit again, all my lifts have fallen off a cliff
>pretty much starting all over again, like I wasted 3 years
>have lost 13 lbs so far, just hit lmao 2plate on deadlift
>all that wasted time
>I could be a natty god right now
>>
File: 1458345120117.png (431 KB, 1080x750) Image search: [Google]
1458345120117.png
431 KB, 1080x750
>freshman year
>be on baseball team
>leanest and strongest (relatively speaking) that I've ever been
>only kid on Freshman team to hit a homerun
>cannon for an arm
>can play literally any position
>coach personally asks me to keep up my training over the summer
>quit team because too lazy to wake up early for training sessions
>quit football the next year to play video games and hangout with shitty friends

Given the opportunity I would strangle my high school self
>>
>be 17 year old college freshman
>tryout for football to play tight end, 6'3 227lbs
>coaches pull me aside and offer me crazy deal
>drop out of school but still come to practice and weight room sessions under the watchful eye of a literally NFL hall of fame offensive lineman and a top rated Strength Coach plus a really good slot receiver/tight end Coach
>come back to school next year and be a "red shirt" which means I'm just a part time student so my 4 years of eligibility for school athletic teams doesn't count down yet.
>practice and go to weight room with aforementioned staff all year
>come back year after that at 19 years old 6'3 260lbs as a "freshman" and have 4 years to try to get attention from pros
>talk it over with family
>naaaaaaah schools more important anon
>drop out 2 years later due to problems at home
>work odd jobs for a few years
>join Marines
>25 years old now and wondering what could have been
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 848x900
>>37782223
>play soccer
>be outgoing, play outside all the time, have friends
>eventually even get close to a girl that played in the same team
>got sick for some weeks, missed some games
>trainer calls mom if I want to quit
>I say yes because I thought they meant just one game
>they actually meant forever
>ehhh, whatever
>start playing Nintendo and ps1 games
>limit myself pretty much to 1 friend that i lose after I move
>start getting shy
And now I'm here a KHV that's 27 years old that hasn't had a friend in the past 11 years.
>>
>>37782537
Protip: In relationships of any kind, always make it seem like it's not really important to you.

Controlled neglect is the way to go.
>>
>>37782610
I wasn't ever planning on playing football professionally; fuck no.

I have recently seen the importance of having an athletic body. Training in football would have likely gotten me this. However I missed out, and thus I lost all function and balance within my body.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.