[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you weigh 200lbs and you do 15 body-weight dips and 15 body-weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 2395920350923.jpg (81 KB, 623x415) Image search: [Google]
2395920350923.jpg
81 KB, 623x415
If you weigh 200lbs and you do 15 body-weight dips and 15 body-weight chin-ups, is that the equivalent to do 200lbs bench press and 200lbs lat-pull down for 15 reps?
>>
>>37622246
totally dude, you got the math down to the point
>>
That's not the equivalent for benching, but do pull ups instead and you're good
>>
>>37622246

The push ups are easier because you aren't really lifting all your bodyweight. The closer your bodyweight is to your feet is the less distance it moves during a push up, therefore the less work you are doing.

The chin ups are probably harder because you have to "balance" yourself under the bar, and with the way the arm is built, you have to stabilize yourself as your center of gravity swings under the bar as your humerus goes from mostly vertical to mostly horizontal.

Also, don't be a faggot. Go to a gym a lift barbells like the rest of us.
>>
>>37622246
No because dips aren't the same as bench. And with lat pull downs even with perfect form it's not exactly the same as doing pullups.
>>
>>37622254
fuck man, why u gotta be like that? im asking a serious question here. dont need to act all superior n shit
>>
>>37622265
fucking retard where did he mention push ups
>>
>>37622269
I don't actually do pull-downs, I just only do pullups and chinups. Therefore I am trying to find how my pulling strength compares to my pushing strength.

With dips, I wanted to do dips or bench, and I wondered...if I can bench 225 for 10..but I can do 15 dips at 200 (bodyweight), how do these two different exercises equate in terms of overload?
>>
>>37622277

Somehow I read weighted dips as push ups.

I'm going to bed.
>>
>>37622246
where is leg day
>>
>>37622789
Why the fuck do you stupid cunts assume that's a routine. This is discussing the difference between two exercise, not a fucking routine thread, you dimwit dicksnap.
>>
>>37622246
dips are a little stronger than bench. divide dip weight by 1.05

https://www.t-nation.com/training/know-your-ratios-destroy-weaknesses
>>
Dips are more similar to decline bench press.
>>
>>37624618
So wrong it's not even funny.

Dips use a shit load of deltoids, decline bench uses very little to none of the deltoids.
>>
>>37622246
your kinda right, the movements to translate to one another but if you are a 200 pound heavy untrained individual its much easier to train pushing strength by doing 15 reps of 135 pound bench and the progressively overloading by adding more weight.
>>
>>37622246
no

those are all fundamentally different movements. it's like asking if a 200kg squat is the equivalent to a 200kg deadlift

but I gotta say chin ups are greatly underrated exercise. most people do pull ups and I dont know why. they probably think that because pull ups are more difficult it would give them more gainz while ignoring the fact that with chin ups you include more musculature, have larger ROM and they are much much better for your shoulders
>>
>>37624665

>Comparing squats and deadlifts in the same fashion as pull ups and lat pull downs.

>Strawmanning this hard.
>>
>>37624665
or you could,you know,do both.
>>
>>37622283
Bench and dips are very different. Why on Earth would you equate 15 dips at 200lb to 225 for 10?
Do you actually bench 225 for 10 or are you bullshitting?
>>
>>37624629
>decline bench uses very little delts
Lol
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.