[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: image20151121-5885-pkke1v.jpg (34 KB, 350x390) Image search: [Google]
image20151121-5885-pkke1v.jpg
34 KB, 350x390
Old one is nearing 300 >>34979920

> Read the fucking sticky edition
>>
>lose 55 pounds since last year, 210 to 160
>Eat maybe about ~1400 calories a day, exercise an hour each day
>Go on vacation a week ago and eat like garbage, easily over 3000 calories most days
>Stay at 160 pounds
>Start eating ice cream, cookies, and food way above my old ~1400 calorie limit
>Do this for the past week
>Still lose weight, havent been to gym in a while. Now 155 pounds

I guess what Im wondering is, after cutting for a whole year and watching my calorie intake, how can I still be losing weight eating like complete garbage
>>
>>34993851
How closely are you monitoring your intake? Are you weighing everything and logging it?
>>
>>34993782
Good news: Bench hit 240lbs at bw160
Less good news: Shoulder stretch marks
What do for stretch marks?
>>
>>34993876
Cocoa butter apparently works. Check out resources for pregnant women. They also fade with time, but slowly.
>>
This might be a really dumb question, but whatever. If I ran 30 minutes along a straight path, or ran 30 minutes going in a kinda large circle (like a cul-de-sac), would that be the same? My jog is mostly straight, but there's a section where I do several laps in a large circular area just because it adds time to the jog without really getting too far from home. Is that bad? Is running a straight path better?
>>
>>34993870
Oh trust me, Ive been logging everything on MyFitnessPal for the past year. I know exactly my calories each day and try to estimate as well how much I lose from doing cardio for an hour as well. And most days I would only eat ~1400

I just dont know how after doing that how I could be eating ice cream, cookies, full subs, candy, and whatnot this past week and that I still lost weight. Each day must have been close to 3000. Im 6 feet tall, 24 years old
>>
>>34993904
Weight loss while increasing calories isn't possible unless something it requiring it - possible tapeworm or cancer.
Get thine ass to a doctor.
>>
>>34993891
That's fine. I find it gets boring though.

>implying running isnt always boring
you got me
>>
>>34993904
>>34993935
That's definitely weird. I wouldn't be too concerned with it for now, but if it stays that way for a few weeks go get checked up. It's not unheard of for your digestive system to run a little under capacity a while after a cut since it's used to not having to work very hard. But if it doesn't go away soon I would recommend going in for a checkup.

But I'm just a med student, not a doctor. I know nothing.
>>
What are the first steps to becoming socially /fit/?

I don't mean working to become smarter or become self actualized. I mean in the sense that because I am socially "un/fit/" I find social interaction extremely taxing even if I am capable of it in short bursts. Even if I am an "introvert" in the sense that the interaction exhausts me, there must be a way to train myself in order to make my social stamina last longer, right?

tl;dr - Any social workout routines for increasing social stamina?
>>
>>34994017
Same with any endurance exercise: Keep you chin up, increase the duration, and stay disciplined. It's easy to think "I just don't want to talk anymore". Push past that, keep going with a smile on your face. Eventually it will be easy. Find common ground with people, that usually makes talking easier. Also don't be afraid to leave a conversation and join a different one.
>>
>>34993977
Thanks for the reply. I don't really mind it and I enjoy counting down how many laps I have left. I find the treadmill to be pretty boring compared to just going out and running outside, but I still like it for trying to improve my speed. Did a 7-minute mile today and I remember when I did 16-minute miles (stopping and walking). Hope to do a 6-minute mile one day.
>>
>>34993888
Coo
>>
>>34994036
Thanks anon.

>Find common ground with people
Any tips for this? I think I've spent too much time on 4chan. There's also the fact that my opinions and hobbies were never mainstream to begin with. I don't follow TV or sports. I'm thinking about just watching game of thrones just because seemingly everyone watches that damn show and it seems to be decent quality. (I'd probably kill myself watching something like big bang theory, though)
>>
What do you call it when the guy does a lowbar squat then deaflifts it? Saw it at the gym.
>>
Not so much a question as a request: if you're someone who never does ab-specific work (like crunches) but relies entirely on compound exercises for abs strength (like power cleans), could you please post a picture of your midstection?

I want to believe that it's possible to have well defined abs without these exercises, but I'm still sceptical.
>>
What is RPM?
>>
Is there anything wrong with consuming 50-60g of fiber per day?
>>
What's better for building chest: dumbell press or barbell?
>>
>>34994126
Learn a musical instrument or play the one you know, most people love that stuff. I play the tenor ukulele, its fun as hell, fairly easy, and women seem to love it lol.
>>
>>34994173
Revolutions Per Minute

>>34994138
Retardation

>>34994179
Both are effective. Dumbells will work your stabilisers more effectively.
>>
>>34994178
Double the recommendation. Enjoy the cramping, diarrhoea and intestinal blockage
>>
>>34993904
>measuring logging everything on mfp
>"must have been close to 3000"
You're doing it wrong, fatty
>>
Where do I learn to /fit/ ? (Besides sticky)
>>
>>34994200
See, that's what I figured but I haven't had any problems so far.
>>
>>34994330
The Starting Strengh book
>>
>>34994187
Thankse but how does it apply to weight lifting?
>>
>>34994354
C O N T E X T
O
N
T
E
X
T
>>
So, I would like to record myself to check my form, how do you guys do it at the gym?

What are the best angles to check? Someone said here that a 3/4 angle is better for squats.
>>
>>34993904
I've had this happen as well.
After three months of a 1,000+ deficit and ECA/YCA stacks, I was able to get away with eating like a pig (3,200cal on average), and I lost a pound at first and didn't gain a pound until a month later.
I just chopped it up to have something to do with cell starvation, if that's a thing.
>>
>>34994171
It's definitely possible to have a strong core without ever doing ab isolation work, and a sharply defined core is more the result of diet than exercises. That being said, I would find it highly unlikely that someone who exclusively does compounds would have shredded abs. The lack of replies to you seems to validate that. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that a six-pack and a new PR are kind of opposing lifestyles.
>>
>>34994423
You want to get a good side view, and 3/4 is good too. Just put your phone or camera in a good spot and record it. Or, you know, don't be an autist and just ask someone to hold it for you.
>>
What do you guys think of tea?
>>
>>34994719
Great stuff.
Won't really help you lose weight, but it will taste good, and it will probably be good for your health.
>>
>>34994719
Fucking love it.
>source: British
>>
File: 1438835456101.jpg (104 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1438835456101.jpg
104 KB, 400x300
>>34993782
this is my fourth week eating 1200 kcal and I gained 2 pounds out of nowhere since Monday to today in the morning when I weighted myself.
>I should be eating 1600 to maintain yet I still gained weight.
>I go to the gym 4-5/week.
>is my body this efficient?

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS
>>
>>34994702
>don't be an autist
Easier said that done.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 480x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 480x476
should i have a day dedicated to accessories or do them after my lifting days? how important are accessories if im doing vanilla stronglifts 5x5?
>>
>>34994653
>>
So, my dad got into a fitness competition where you set goals for each other and see if they can meet them. He wants me to be his coach because the loser needs to do something bad or embarrassing (not determined yet).

Right now he is 5'11 and 210lbs. The goal he needs to meet within 5 months is to get to 190lbs.
I was never really overweight for long, and I'm not good at making exercise plans that wouldn't make someone want to quit early.
What is the best course of action to get him to stay motivated to lose weight, and actually begin to make progress?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 750x1334
>>34994996
>>
>>34994915
bump
>>
I do bench press, OHP, flyes, and incline bench all on the same day. If I do OHP, I have to unload like 10 lbs off my bench. If I do my bench first, I have to unload 10 lbs off my OHP. I figure my triceps are just getting killed and are limiting my capacity.

What should I do? Whats the solution here? Do I do dips on this day as well, should I do dips on another day of the week? Am I just being a dope by putting all those exercises on the same day?
>>
I'm bulking and have gained 3 lbs in 2 months which is perfect but why do I look and feel like I've gained more?
>>
How do I stop getting knee pain from squatting? My form seems to be good its just feels like my knees are being strained too much. Its only been happening for about a month now.
>>
>>34995725
Pls respond
>>
>>34995725
Are you sure your form is good? Make sure you knees are pointing in the same direction your toes are.

Also try using knee sleeves. My knees used to hurt and since I got Rehbands there has been zero pain.
>>
Why do I keep finding decline situp benches in the squat rack? What sort of unusual gains are people making that I haven't even conceived?
>>
How's this routine senpai?

ABxABxx

A - Lower
5x5 Front Squat
4x8-12 Lunges
4 x Failure Calf Raise

B - Upper
3 x 8-12 Dumbbell Press
3 x 8-10 Dumbbell Flys
3 x 8-10 OHP
3 x 8 Lateral Raise
3 x Tricep Cable Pushdown
4 x 5 Bent Over Row

A - Lower # 2
5 x 5 Back Squat
4 x 8-12 Lunges
5 x 5 Deadlift

B - Upper #2
4 x 8-12 Dumbbell Press
3 x 8-12 Dumbell Shoulder Press
3 x 8-12 Bent over Dumbell row
3 x 8-12 Seated cable row
3 x 8 Bicep Curl
3 x 8 Skullcrushers
>>
>>34995788
Yes I always make sure my knees are pointed properly. I also have knocked knees so im not sure if thats it, also where can I get rehbands I can't really order stuff offline.
>>
pls respond to this >>34995450
>>
>>34995607
have you been lifting?
>>
>>34994388
I still don't get it.
>>
Today I hit lmao1pl8 for 2 on overhead press, but I can't get up 205 for one on bench. Do I need more chest work or something?
>>
calisthenics or dumbbells? or both? i'm still confused as fuck on whether 3x5 vs 3x12 with lower weight matters, what are the benefits of each?
>>
I've noticed that when I do barbell rows, my right elbow/shoulder retracts more then my left side, so it looks like I'm not lifting the bar evenly. How do I fix this?
>>
>>34995895
Of course, making PRs and everything. It's going perfect
>>
So I'm doing SL 5x5.

I'm thinking of adding assistance lifts.

So far I have:

calf raises 2x15
skull crushers 3x8

Anything else then the usual pullups/dips?
>>
File: image.png (963 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
963 KB, 640x1136
Bumping to ask about my squat form since I don't want to screw myself over and get hurt. This is about as low as I can go with this weight, I can go full ass to grass with around 5 pounds less than this. Not sure which I should do, aiming for more glute development and less quad - trying to avoid just parallel because I heard it hurts my knees. Are my hips going low enough? Am I leaning forward too much (Although I think this is just a result of my anthro)?

Anyway, if my form is complete shit, criticism and suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks /fit/.
>>
Best back exercise besides pull ups?
>>
>fatty
>on cut
>workout everyday
>gain 4 pounds
>drop pants size and shirt size

normal? I thought you can't gain muscle on a cut really. I see more muscle on my body but I assumed that was because I was getting rid of the fat covering it

Bonus question: At what point does "BMI is bullshit" start actually being a thing (ex: The Rock) and not a HAES fatty excuse?
>>
How to get rid of face sun tan?
Also, how to fix knock knees? Can I safely squat with knock knees?
>>
>>34996171
When you're fat it's not a cut, it's just you becoming a normal person. You drop fat quick, but you're also putting on muscle quick with them noob gains. It's normal.
For future reference a real cut is for somebody who's 20% body fat or lower with significant lean mass trying to show off more of that lean mass.
>>
File: starting-strength.png (134 KB, 488x355) Image search: [Google]
starting-strength.png
134 KB, 488x355
>>34996160
low bar tilt, highbar positioning. Keep your torso more upright if you want to highbar squat. Put the bar lower on your back if you want to lowbar squat. With the way the bar is positioned there, you're giving yourself a hella awkward lean/the weight isn't centered, so you aren't distributing the load properly.
>>
>>34996191
So why can't I can't seem to make any arm gains. I've been working out for like 3 months and can barely curl 25s. I started with 15s.

Meanwhile I went from 10 on each side to 1 pl8 bench. I assume that's from high school since I used to work bench everyday. I'm plateauing around 1 pl8 which is what I did when i graduated from high school.

So why am I gaining weight if I'm cutting calories? or am I just losing fat.

Also what about my BMI question
>>
>>34996160
Its ok to lean forward like that if you are squatting low bar, wide stance, in flat shoes aka powerlifting. But thats only for the massive fat cunts that squat over 600lbs. You should have your upper body more upright, this is either due to inflexibility in the ankles/calves & hammys OR you just havent learnt the proper movement pattern, maybe both
>>
>>34996160
I think you're leaning too far forward

>tfw milfs are on fit
>>
>>34996227
Well I'm glad you've been lifting for less than 6 months to make such a terrible observation. Lowbar squat is gonna hit her posterior chain more, aka hamstrings/glutes (that ass)/back, while highbar is going to be a quad dominant movement. Bodyweight has nothing to do with this.

>>34996243
Too far if she wants to squat high bar, yes.
>>
>>34996227
>>34996212
Thank you, I will try this.
>>34996227
I've been practicing the movement for a few months now but I never seem to get anywhere, it's still nearly impossible for me to keep my back perfectly straight. Wouldn't be surprised about the inflexibility thing, though.
>>
File: 1440001246233.jpg (6 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
1440001246233.jpg
6 KB, 245x200
>>34996247
>calling me a noob
>telling a newbie girl to squat lowbar
>>
>>34996266
I don't see the problem here considering I've been a S&C coach at two major universities for the past 6 or so years, dealing with a fair deal of women who haven't spent a lick of time in a proper gym setting before.
>>
>>34996255
My girlfriend does the same thing, even though I have seen her squat down to get stuff off the floor, in a super 3rd world Asian style squat. Try practising goblet squats and box squats to get use to the highbar squat form
>>
>>34996280
I have had a powerlifting coach who squats 712lbs teach me how to squat, i still stand by what I say. If we're comparing credentials here..
>>
>>34996051
>>
Aiming to cut 1 kg a week too much? Managing okay but wondering if I'd be better off just aiming to lose half a kilo a week instead and ensuring I retain more muscle mass but take longer to reach weight goal?
>>
Please can somebody help me with my diet? I'm trying to cut, but I'm not loosing weight. I'm 23 years old, 230lbs and height 6'0" I cut at 2572 calories, but my weight is same.
>>
>>34996562
BMR / 2 = diet
thank me later
>>
>>34996504
if you want to lose as much weight as possible without much muscle loss do PSMF diet, read the book.
>>
>>34996574
I agree.
>>
>>34996574
>>34996627
BMR / 2 = constant hunger, lethargy, and muscle wasting if maintained for more than a few days. You faggots.
>>
hey friends, /socialgains/ here

please rate this dating profile like for real just tell me what you think straight up dawg (girls only though, thanks)

http://www.okcupid.com/profile/fishermanseggs
>>
Why do many routine have one do squats each workout but not repeat other lifts?

Why can't you just done Monday/Wednesday/Friday doing:

Squats
Bench
Rows
Overhead
Deadlifts

Is it because of recovery? If so what about squats?
>>
>>34996701
Funny how so many unhealthy, overweight, complacent people make excuses all whilst those of us in the world of fitness are impervious to such muscle wasting, lethargy, and the effects of "genetic conditions". How do we escape such atrocities? Oh, that's right - we train hard and have impeccable diets.

As a matter of fact the US army issues field rations of 1200 calories for many combat troops. This is almost half of the 2000 calorie recommendation seen on nutrition labels and these are people engaging in very strenuous physical activity and furthermore have low fat reserves.

A huge percent of calories is just from added sugar and can be cut out very easily.
>>
>>34996744

You can basically drive lower body strength increases entirely with the squat. Upper body requires a greater number of movements.
>>
>>34996749
I sincerely hope this is ShitPost
>>
>>34996744
For as much as people will harp on MUH POSTERIOR CHAIN, MUH CORE STRENGTH, 90% of squats' muscular stressing is your legs, which recover incredible quickly on account of how they have to be used daily.

Deadlifting heavy 3x/week will kill you, possibly literally if you keep it up for long enough. Definitely not something to try.
Also wouldn't recommend rows 3x/week. Bench and OHP would be fine to do 3x/week but then you run the risk of having too extensive of a workload, doing squats BP and OHP every workout and still having to find room for deadlifts and accessories.

tl;dr
you could probably do any lift except deadlifts and maybe rows 3x a week, but squats have the highest yield due to legs being where the majority of your strength comes from.
>>
>>34996755
>>34996807
Thanks, boys.

I'm doing SL and wish I could lift more days of the week as I'm starting to really enjoy it.

>but my form is shit
>and so thus too are my lifts

Really should work on them first...
>>
>>34996819
Tbh lad if you're doing SL and wanting to do it more often, you haven't gotten heavy enough. I love lifting and deffo look forward to it on my rest days, but now that I'm nearing Intermediate levels of weight I definitely am not looking to add even more to my workload. I sleep for like 11 hours after deadlift days honestly, it gets brutal.
>>
>>34996836
Yeah my lifts are weak as. I've only started benching 60-65kg recently and squatting 50kg.
>>
>>34996836
DYEL detected
>>
File: image.jpg (453 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
453 KB, 1280x1707
Hi guys, I'm looking for an advice, I'm exercising daily, but my weight doesn't go down. What I'm doing wrong?
>>
>>34996877
You are eating too much.
>>
I work out 6 times a week (PPL) and I even went down from deadlifting twice a week to only once, but I still feel exhausted everyday after a workout. I don't feel like doing anything, I just want to lay in bed and watch netflix. Anyone else feeling like this? Is this normal?
>>
>>34996891
What's your routine?
>>
>>34996877
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jy3OtZAss
>>
>>34996885
But I don't eat a lot and I exercise daily so I should be burning calories anyway? I just don't get it.
>>
File: 1426062696892.png (440 KB, 921x741) Image search: [Google]
1426062696892.png
440 KB, 921x741
>>34996915
>>
>>34996915
You are eating too much.
>>
>>34996931
I'm not obese for fuck sake.
>>34996949
I don't think so
Breakfast: oats with fruits with peanut butter and starbucks coffee
Lunch: rice or pasta with grilled chicken and souce
Dinner: rice or pasta with fish.
and some small snacks like nuts and so...
>>
When I bench, I get a bit of wrist pain in my right wrist. I'm pretty sure that it's mostly because my wrist isn't very flexible, as the pain happens during lock-out. Is there anything I can do about this that doesn't involve a smaller grip on my bench?
>>
>>34996915
Eat less you fat whore
>>
>>34996967
Nuts are extremely fucking calorie dense. Have you tried counting exactly how much you are eating by weighing your portions? You could be eating as lean as you want but if you eat 1kg of grilled chicken for lunch and following it up with .5kg of honey-roasted peanuts you're still going to get fat as fuck.
>>
Is Oatmeal good for breakfast when cutting considering it's the only carbs i eat daily?
>>
>>34996997
Are you losing weight while eating it?
If so, yes.
If not, probably not for you.
>>
File: 1447786829998.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1447786829998.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>34996967
You aren't a perpetual motion machine and your metabolism isn't slowing down to catatonic levels. If you are eating too much, no matter how healthy it is, you will not lose weight.

EAT LESS.
>>
>>34996967
Get it through your fat head that you are eating too much.
>>
In which online store can I get the best deal for a weightlifting shoe (in Europe)? Also, Romaleos vs. Adipowers for a wider foot?
>>
>>34996996
>>34997016
I don't have a food scale so I can't really weight everything, but when my plate is usually full of rice and chicken which is a normal portion size. I just don't get how 1kg of grilled chicken is a lot, I mean its just a protein isn't it? Honey and frutis are organic. I don't wanna starve myself, I eat until I feel im full, which is normal. In our family everybody is fat, I know that being fat isn't because of your DNA, but I just don't know, I want to look good, but no matter what I do I end up fat again.
>>34997021
Stop insulting me if you don't have any solid advice.
>>
>>34997054
Why do you have to troll anon?
>>
Should I do pendlay row 3x5 or yates row 2x8?
>>
>>34997054
The thing is, how full you are is dependent on your current body and what you are used to. If you are used to eating 3k of calories every meal, you're going to get used to eating 3k of calories every meal, which is way too much. If you are used to being anorexic you're going to eat way too little every meal, because you are already full. If you are used to eating large portions, you will continue to do so and not lose weight.

Protein also contains calories, and losing weight is a math equation. Something having protein or being organic does not mean it is light in calories. The only thing that matters is eating at a calorie deficit.

If you do not have a scale, I suggest you get one, as it can't be more expensive than 1 or 2 months of gym membership. It can help a lot to find out how much calories you are eating, as a lot of people underestimate their portion size. You say that you eat 1 full plate, but many women (though this is also largely dependent on your height; I can't judge it from the picture) that I know eat less than that, as women in general have low maintenance calorie intake.
>>
I have absolutely no energy and it pisses me off. I don't use roids or anything, and I'm just starting out, but it's so hard to get to the gym when I'm so goddamn exhausted all the time. I've experimented with different dietary changes and nothing seems to be more effective, although I do forget to eat very often (at least once every two days). I have a tendency to lose weight instead of gaining it, which is also frustrating, because it means I'm not building muscle. If I were fat, this wouldn't be a bad thing, but I weigh 135lbs, so clearly I need to gain some weight here.

I'm legitimately not sure what my options are here. Should I keep on pushing forward as best I can, or is it time to see a doctor? Should I consider roids?
>>
>>34995006
c25k and diet
>>
>>34993782
Guyswill one night of heavy drinking like 600ml of rum once a week effect things while on a cut?

I don't want to effect gains but at the same time I don't want to lose social gains.

Advice? Can anyone relate?
>>
>>34997129
That's 1312 calories
>>
>>34997129
No, just remember that alcohol has calories, and account for that. Assume around 100kcal/shot of rum. Just eat less during the day and you'll be fine.
>>
>>34997129
Of course it will. Alcohol is loaded with calories. You can drink less and still be social. Buy a beer and drink it slowly, everyone will think youre on your fifth beer after some time.
>>
>>34997129
That's easy, will your body repair from the workout or poisonous drinking? So yeah, drinking will affect your gains.
>>
>>34997112
Exercising will help you to feel more energetic. Make sure you eat a good meal (300+ calories) three times a day, and drink some coffee or tea if you're tired. If none of that works, you might want to consider seeing a doctor, especially if you have a puffy face, inflammation, eye problems, or any other weird things going on.
>>
File: ghfhf.jpg (124 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
ghfhf.jpg
124 KB, 454x340
Should i wear a singlet to the gym if im DYEL skinny fat?
>pic related its me on the right
>>
>>34997159
If you wanna make a fool of yourself
>>
>>34997159
nobody care what you wear to the gym
>>
>>34997144
I usually don't eat very much the day of drinking so at the end of the day I'm still in a deficit.

>>34997146
Lol I like to drink though, makes the night much funner.

>>34997151
I usually workout a few hours before, hitting my workout very hard as usual then have a meal then drink hours later.

Will it have a major impact? I'm no noob, I have good muscle mass 275bench,3pl8squat 4.5pl8dealift. This is my first cut and don't wanna lose muscle or social gains u feel me boys?

Thabks for the replies
>>
>>34997158
>exercising will help you feel more energetic
That's the issue, it's not. I have a desk job so it's not like work is particularly strenuous, and other than the gym I don't really do much else. I quit doing drugs about two months back, stopped drinking, and just been playing around with my diet to see what works best for me. I pretty much drink coffee when I need energy at this point (espresso shots mostly, but I'll get a latte every so often), and it's almost always in the morning.

I'm not having any weird, obvious symptoms that would indicate something is going on, but then again, I had pneumonia for six months and didn't even know it, so maybe it's like that.
>>
>>34997077
I was thinking the same.
>>
Fucked up my right shoulder,hurts everytime I raise it laterally,been this way for 3-4 days,its getting better but what can I do to fix it?
>>
How do you guys prepare your oats? Just started getting in to them and I have no clue how to make them taste good and nutritious at the same time.
>>
>>34993782
Food question
my maint. cal. are 2500 kcal a day

does it matter what kind of food i eat,or just that i reach that number

is there a difference if i eat 2500 in cheese
In bread or Fruits ?

or that i just reach that number (or +/- 500 for cutting and bulking) ?
>>
>>34994178
Is that a lot?
how do you eat that much?

ive started eating like 2-3 apples a day,and many veggies and fruit

im afraid i might have the problems the other guy mentioned
>>
>>34994915
bumpity
>>
>>34997362
No, you can just eat 2500kcal of snickers bars a day.

It doesn't make you healthy and you miss nutrients, you might also get terrible shits, but you can do it.
>>
I'm getting a puppy.
It's a herding dog and I want its name to be strong. What should I name it?
>>
>>34997502
Im gonna name mine "Sargon"
I just fucking like the sound of it,and it's ancient as fuck
>>
>>34997502
Fourscoops.
>>
>>34997558
>BMR / 2 = diet
thinking about getting a german shepard pup and naming him Goliath, thoughts?
>>
>>34997209
>I drink coffee when I need energy
coffee is a stimulant, it's not actually giving you energy. Stimulation is only a short-term solution to lethargy/tiredness (like taking out a loan), so I wouldn't be surprised you're exhausted over the long-term.
>>
>>34997982
Rex is goat german shepherd name
>>
>>34997112
Have some coffee before working out, eat a lot of minerals and vitamins to help you feel energized. Also, try setting reminders on your phone/tablet/ whatever to remind you to eat every 3 hours.
>>
>>34997993
>not adolf
>>
>>34994791
Maybe you started drinking a lot more water as well? It could just be water weight.

Also 1600 kcal to maintain? How much of a manlet are you to still be overweight?
>>
How do I combine IF with training twice a day?

Two big meals 1.5k calorie each after each workout and sip on BCAA shakes throughout the day?
>>
What kind of shoes should i deadlift/squat in If I am flat footed?
>>
>>34997982
>>BMR / 2 = diet
Whaaaaaaat?
>>
How effective at suppressing appetite is an EC stack supposed to be? Third day of doing 24mg x3 and I basically need to force myself to eat anything at all, which is sort of weird.
>>
what exercises should I incorporate into my routine to equalize strength difference between my left arm (weaker) and right arm?
>>
If I make a tinder acc, should I have my shirtless pic the primary one or the secondary?

Also if I don't have friends to take pics of me can I just go with selfies?
>>
>>34996080
barbells and dumbbells.Calisthenics can't work certain parts of your body hard such as your legs.Leaving imbalances and you won't be really strong.
>>34996160
What the other guys said btw running shoes are horrible for squats and deadlifts
>>34997502
Snoopy
>>34998214
Is it that bad?What exercises?If you just started and you mean your dominant hand is a bit stronger ride it out.Or depending on the exercise try swapping to dbs
>>
What is the name of that thing people use on their arms to carry their cellphones while running?
>>
>>34998348
I'm 1.5 month into SS and my arm progress has been shit since, also my left arm is noticeably weaker to the point it feels that the right one is carrying the left one through the exercise.
I considered adding a dumbbell curls to arm days for left arm exclusively.
>>
>>34998355
I think they are cellphone armbands.
>>
>>34998376
What lifts?If its ohp and bench I think staying at one weight for a little might help your arm catch up,like a week max.Focus on good form.
>>
>>34998054
>How do I combine IF with training twice a day?
You don't. Seriously.
>>
>>34998405
Bench and chin-ups mostly, I don't have OHP in my workout routine. I started exactly 4 weeks ago and I went from 40 kg to only 50 kg in that time, non-linear as I dropped in 4th week to the beginning of the 3rd one in progress for some fucking reason.
>>
File: post-314-0-47747800-1447787520.jpg (129 KB, 1200x1446) Image search: [Google]
post-314-0-47747800-1447787520.jpg
129 KB, 1200x1446
Need your advice, /fit/.
Little greentext:

>be skinny auschwitzmode years ago
>start lifting
>make really great progress
>a long time passes, I am satisfied with my looks
>suddenly, get diagnosed with cancer
>have 3 surgeries
>lots of psychological stress, bad eating and no lifting for over a year
>lose a horrible amount of weight, put on a bit of fat
>pic related is how I look now (absolutely disgusting)

I finally have the physical fitness and willpower to start again, /fit/.
However I havent decided yet what the best (read: fastest) way is to get back in shape.
Back then I was skinny and had a low bf%, so the decision was easy: bulk.

Now I have no muscle AND am skinnyfat, so I consider making a cut first to get rid of the fat before bulking up (what does it matter anway if I stay weak for a few more weeks) OR doing a recomposition. A small deficit + a 3x week fullbody routine might be a faster approach.

What would you recommend when you look at my pic?
>>
>>34998439
Why not SS?
Also out of curiosity as it's in my field, what kind of cancer were you diagnosed with at such a young age?
>>
>>34998437
Why not do ohp?If you take lifts out change things its not SS.Can you do chinups?If no negatives really helped me.
>>
>>34998439
I thought the advice was always bulk first then cut if you have nothing currently. If you cut now you're just making it harder to build muscle later and have nothing to really show after the cut.
>>
>>34998470
>why not ss

What do you mean? I am asking about diet, not routine.
I am gonna do a modified SS in either case since a split doesnt really make a sense now that I'm basically a beginner again.

I had an acinic cell carcinoma in my parotid gland ( I hope that is the right term in English).
Not the worst kind of cancer, was kinda lucky.
>>
>>34998472
No OHP, but I'm doing standing military press. As for chin-ups when I started they were no-go, but I'm doing assisted ones with progress, so around 2-3 weeks and I should be good to start doing regular ones.
>>
>>34998439
I think you might still have some gains under there, also starting to lift again will be easier.
>>
>>34998474
Why not just eat healthier? Protons for muscle, vitamins and all that shit just without the bad processed foods.
>>
>>34995804
um
decline bench maybe?
>>
Is it possible to have high levels of strength (as a reference point a 405lbs max bench press), while still maintaining a slimmer and more agile physique similar to that of a gymnast or martial artist?
>>
How do i fix dark circles/spot under my eyes? It's getting really bad, always look tired and just got called racoon on friday.
>>
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>34997282
Desperate bump
come on brehs
>>
>>34993782
Is this legit LGD 4033, it seems like a great deal for the price and the fact that it is already in capsule form makes me weary. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackstone-Labs-LGD-Elite-Ligandrol-SARM-90-Caps-Mass-Builder-Free-Shipping-sale/252132581584?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D34008%26meid%3Ddceb28cd1b1744659a7904ebd179bf71%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D281834827639
>>
I want to get fit!
Been lurking for some days. Should i realy start SS or is it just a meme? Please help me
>>
Why do people keep saying that you can't drop below 12-10% bf without lifting heavy weights? If heroin junkies and anorexics can do it why can't I? I just want that chiseled jawline brah, dgaf about size.

Skinnyfat mess right now
>>
>>34998705
IT's not a meme, start right now.
>>
What is SS?
>>
I have a horrendous muscle imbalance, in that my hip abductors are much weaker than my adductors. This means that during sprints and squats (two exercise I love doing), my knees have a tendency to buckle inward, causing pain. After squatting, I also feel very sore in my adductors (inner thighs), but feel nothing at all in my abductors, suggesting that it was only the adductors that were doing the work.

I already bought overpronator shoes for running in, but how do I correct the underlying muscular issue? What exercises are good for strengthening abductors (gym doesnt have the appropriate machines unfortunately, it's a purely powerlifting gym).
>>
>>34998731
Starting Strength,Its good for total Newbs
>>
I've been having stomach cramps for the past 3 days, just found blood in my stool. It's 2 am, should I be concerned or am I fine to sleep it off and just go to the doctor tomorrow?
>>
File: profile.jpg (949 KB, 1800x2198) Image search: [Google]
profile.jpg
949 KB, 1800x2198
>>34996709
>>
>>34999118
Depends what type of blood.I mean the colour.You say you had stomach cramps for 3 days did you poo in the loo?I'm serious one time I shat alot of blood after not shitting a while and tore my arse up a bit.Do you have to pay to go er if you need to?I can't quite say .I think you'd be better safe than sorry mate honestly
>>
>>34999176
haha lmfao lol
>>
is there any way I can fix my leg length difference? Deadlifts and squat are really difficult to progress if my right side ends up getting strained because it does most of the work
>>
>>34999218
Red blood, small amount. Pooing has been as usual, maybe a little less but not significantly less? I'm not even sure if I have to pay for the er or anything, parents deal with all that shit, and none of us have ever had to go
>>
File: you-are-your-own-gym-re.jpg (51 KB, 524x600) Image search: [Google]
you-are-your-own-gym-re.jpg
51 KB, 524x600
So I lack muscular endurance, or I feel shit most of the time and I suspect it's a lack of endurance.
And I made this Ladder bodyweight workout with the help of a book:
Ladder A:
2x20 sumo squats
2x20 Military press
2x20 russian twists
2x20 reps push-ups

Ladder B:
2x20 reps Sumo squats
2x20 reps Push-ups
2x20 reps Crunches
2x20 reps let me ins

And how do I heal my right wrist? it hurts a little and I think it's due to my writing
>>
>>34997259
rest it for 2 weeks.
The do rotator cuff exercise. (physio band)

It will take months to get your shoulders strong. I had the same thing when i started, i'm at 7 or 8 months in now and still have some discomfort. Take it slow
>>
>>34997282
water. oats.
only fags add honey and cinnamon
>>
>>34997502
onix
>>
Are there any calorie tracking apps/websites anyone would recommend? How much do you care about diet? How easy is it to track calories? What should I do if I dont know the number of calories in a meal? Sorry for all these questions
>>
>>34999304
My fitness pal. Get it and it'll answer all your others.
>>
>>34998705
Do it man.
I did it for 6 months. It's pretty good.
But, form before strength. Rep shit for 8-12 for the first month or 2 to get it right.
>>
>>34999250
I mean was it light or dark red?
>In general, bright-red blood means the bleeding has come from somewhere near your anus and is a typical sign of piles (haemorrhoids) or a small tear (anal fissure) in the skin of your anus.

>If the blood is darker in colour and sticky, the bleeding may have occurred higher up your digestive system. This type of bleeding can turn your faeces black or plum-coloured (known as melaena).

Having plum-coloured, dark and sticky faeces may be a medical emergency – you should see your GP immediately
source http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/rectal-bleeding/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Bro use the internet to gauge wether or not you feel you will be well.Type up symptoms you are feeling if any.I don't wanna make a call since this could be serious.
>google your country then er see if its free
If your australian I think it is I've been to er when I had trouble breathing turned out to be a panic attack I didn't pay anything.
>>
>>34998548
Bulking doesn't mean eat as much shitty food as you can to put on weight. It's eating more good food that you need, keeping your macros.
>>
>>34999247
one legged squats? if you can do them? do the same amount of reps on both sides.

another opinion would be lunges
>>
My gym doesn't have an hyper extension bench, what can i do to replace it?
>>
For the past few weeks o have been under a lot of stress and pressure. My head has seemed extremely foggy for days now, fog is the best way to describe it. I've been sleeping enough and my stress sources have lowered, but this mental fatigue has been lingering. What can I do to combat this? Nootropics?
>>
>>34999250
you should go to doctor, my uncle's dog was pooping blood one day, and next day he woke up dead.
>>
>>34998724
>>34999337
Thanks guys!
>>
>>34999642
Read the book remember to incorporate the excersises that it tells you to add.Your legs will get big since you a squatting every session btw.But SS will make you strong.
>>
>>34993782
during high squats i it alot in my hip flexors any way to fix this?
>>
>>34993782
how can I make squats work my quads more?i don't feel them in my quads
>>
When doing calf raises, should I keep the weight constant the whole time or ramp up the weight?
(I usually use the standing calf raises machine btw)
>>
Where is
>>35000000
>>
I broke form and hurt my back doing deads a little over a week ago. My back is just a bit tight/sore, it's not a serious injury. What is the usual recommended rehab when this happens? Skip the gym entirely until it's better? Go but lift only lightly or skip certain lifts? Lift through it?
>>
Will doing cardio on rest days mess up recovery/muscle growth?
>>
>>35000116
Pls respond
>>
File: 31+5ON2S37L._SY355_.jpg (8 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
31+5ON2S37L._SY355_.jpg
8 KB, 355x355
So, I've been power cleaning and then OHP the bar onto my back for squats at home, problem is this means I can only get my OHP 1RM (give or take 5kg) onto my back doing this.

I've not got enough to spend on a squat rack for myself, plus Christmas is round the corner.

Would anyone recommend the pic? They are cheap as Fuark but i don't wanna fuck my shit up.

tl;dr Should I get pic for home gym?
>>
>>34999254
respond, fuckers
>>
>>35000282
Do SS
>>
I got a setup that goes like ABxCxxx
A - back/biceps:

Lat pulldown
Biceps curl
Seated cable pull
Hammer Curls
Lower back bodyweight rise thing
Single bent over dumbell rows
Shrugs
Preacher curls
Barbell rows

B - legs/abs

Squat
Machine situp-equivalent
Standing calf raise
Standing cable turn
Deadlift
Plank

C - chest/triceps/shoulders

Bench
Forward dumbell raise
Tricep cable pulldown
Chest flies
Lateral dumbell raise
Incline bench
Overhead tricep raise
Overhead shoulder press

I do all exersices in a 10×3 fashion, with a warmup of 10 min on the bike for B&C, and 7 mins or rowing for A.
How does this look? I'm thinking of swapping out 10×3 for the squat, deadlift and bench for a 5×5 routine. Been going for 2 1/2 months, have made some progress - though i'm stabbing in the dark when i think of changing anything - got the routine from my f'n huge brother
>>
>>34993782
is it normal to have roughly a 30kg difference between your bench/squat/deadlift?
>>
>>34999278
You microwave that? How much oats do you use?
>>
>>35000113
Seriously, more deadlifting reps at a lot lower weight. Google Bill Starr's deadlift program for back injuries.
>>
>>35000000
>>
How do I into running?

I just run until I get extremelly tired?
>>
If you shit before workout will you lift less weight since your bodyweight just lowered or more weight since shit is just weight in itself and you aren't carrying it around anymore?
>>
>>35000743
more
your shit isn't muscle
>>
File: lipoma.jpg (30 KB, 433x325) Image search: [Google]
lipoma.jpg
30 KB, 433x325
Going to re-post this here since I posted in the old dying thread.

I FUCKING HATE IT!

Lipomas, I've got a few of them on my back and rib cage and they are a huge hit to my self confidence. I've looked up how much surgeries cost to have them removed and they can be upwards of $1,400+ for small ones.

How the FUCK do I get rid of these things?

More info
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoma
>>
>>35000855
you might have AIDS im so sorry
>>
Won't have gym acces during xmas and three weeks forward from that. Should I bulk, cut or maintanence with my kcal during that time? I want to lose as little muscle as possible
>>
File: Zipper.jpg (17 KB, 342x305) Image search: [Google]
Zipper.jpg
17 KB, 342x305
>>35000855
I know this feel all too well.
>Removed from forehead
>Removed from between scapluae - so deep they had to hit my with lidocaine a second time because I could feel the blade cutting through muscle
>Picture related from the one inside my heart

I figure one in my brain is next.
>>
When should I go to the doctor about lower back pain? Around Halloween I squatted poorly and fucked up my lumbar region and took a week off to heal. I went back to the gym recently and avoided exercises where I arch my back bust the morning after my last workout my back started hurting again. It's much worse now than it was before and I could barely sleep last night, what do?
>>
>>35001010
How much did it run you? Did insurance cover it?
>>
>>35001095
Insurance covered all three 100%; they paid out over USD 250,000 for the heart surgery alone.
>>
what kind of gainz can I expect to get in 4 months/ a year? just started lifting (3 weeks in) and am 186 cm at 91 kg.

I started horribly weak and the newbie strength gains have been extreme. How strong can I expect to be in a year (i.e. biceps curls, am currently lifting weak 5kg for 3x9).
>>
>>35001105
I really need to see about doing this then. As much as I work out the one on my lower back I can feel getting sore when I do my deadlifts and frankly the ones on my rib cage just make me look lumpy and I hate them. And as I lose more and more weight, they only seem to become more pronounced. Hopefully it won't be painful.
>>
>>35001172
Recovery for all but the heart one was a week. Piss-easy.
>>
Is it okay for me to go to the gym on my rest days to do light cardio and practice form for the routine that I do? SL 5X5 is what I do
>>
Rate my routine.
A:
Bench press 4x8
Squats 4x8
Weighted dips 4x8
Bicep curls 4x10
Triceps pushdown 4x10
Weighted crunches 5x10
B:
Deadlift 5x5
OHP 4x8
Weighted dips 4x8
Bicep curls 4x10
Triceps pushdown 4x10
Weighted crunches 5x10

AxBxAxx, on the days I'm not at gym I do weighted pull-ups, 4x8.
>>
Someone gimme a bodyweight abs workout I can do at home every other day that works out all areas of my core.

At the moment I do a half-assed routine whenever I get the time in my room: 15 leg raises, planking till failure, 20 russian twists, variation of sit ups (20) that I don't know the name of. I only do these cos they're the only ones I know about.
>>
>>34997391
Like the other anon said, about twice the recommended daily intake.

Lots of beans and veggies, but haven't had any problems besides giant green poos.

Which ones? Are you drinking enough water, as well?
>>
In SS, if I hit 3-4 DL reps but not 5, do I add any weight to the bar next time?
>>
>>35000116
>>35000149
RESPOND FAGGOTS
>>
Does anyone have any of those vegetables infographics (fruit welcome, too)? Even better if it's that seasonal one.
>>
>>35001557
No. Read the fucking book.
>>35000116
Depends on how intense the cardio is.
>>
>>35001686
HIIT
>>
>>35001561
No. But don't overdo it. No running marathons. Hour of cardio or so is okay. Eat enough if you're trying to build muscle.
>>35001285
Practice form on low weights.
>>35001023
Go see a doc if you can't power through, learn proper form, lower weights.
>>35000932
No point in eating at a surplus if you are not performing resistance training. You won't lose your muscle don't worry. It's hard to cut during the holidays so try and maintain.
>>35000731
C25k is a good starting point. There are apps for this. Don't run if you're above 80kg cause it will stress your joints a lot.
>>35000506
Symmetricstrength.com
>>
I heard if you take a week off from training, it's beneficial. Is this true? Also my muscles are fatigued by doing 4 days a week training. Is it good for me if I take a week off?
>>
>>35001747
whats your hiit routine?
>>
Any advice for approaching girls, I'm not talking in the PUA way where you go out of your way to do it, but when the situation arises, just had a girl give me strong eye contact loads on the bus after work and I was an autist and got off and she even smiled at me then.
>>
>>35001960
there's 3 ways to get girls anon, Money, good looks and Chloroform, i uses the latter
>>
>>35002004
kek
>>
>>35001887
Sprints
>>
is it normal to have brighter-colored urine when taking creatine?
>>
>>35002273
Yes, drink more water
>>
After healing from a rotator cuff strain, last night I cracked in a joint in my scapula and it made my posture 100% better but now my good shoulder is the one pulling forward. Anyone know wtf I just did?

It feels good but my thoracic alignment muscles feel all weird
>>
>>35002261
Bump
>>
>>34998051
Thanks for the input.

Plotwist: I'm not a man
>>
>>35002315
alright, thanks
>>
do any of you use the hip bounce that rippetoe teaches for the ohp nowadays? why did you make that decision?
>>
>>35002384
Release your pec minor holy fuck
>>
>>34993782
For chicken, I almost always I buy Birds Eye (it's cheap). Is there anything I should be aware of about it? Like, is there anything shitty in there?

Also, dumb question... is there any difference between "oats" and "oatmeal"?
>>
>>34994178
Not at all. I eat 200g minimum while bulking. You just have to work up to it and stay hydrated.
>>
>>34994200
This is what people who eat <10g of fiber per day actually believe.
>>
>>34996093
Tighten up your entire upper body, especially your upper back and shoulders. Lower the weight if you have to.
>>
I don't want to eat.

How can I do this safely?

Currently sitting at 25% bodyfat, but have already dropped 4lbs of water and approx 1.6lbs fat/muscle in the day and a half of not eating. (assuming katch-mcardle isn't a quack)

I take multivitamins.

Currently cannot think for shit. Body is probably trying to enter ketosis.

I am considering just having protein powder. 500kcal worth daily since my maintenance is 2800kcal.
>>
>>35002261
more specific? do you sprint to F then walk 30sec then repeat for X sets or what?
>>
>>34996915
Try to separate the ideas of "eating a lot" and "eating a lot of calories". The two are not necessarily the same. You can eat a lot of celery and spinach without eating a lot of calories. You can eat a lot of calories with very little food if you eat chocolate, oil, meat, etc.
>>
>>35003324
30 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 15 minutes. It's way harder than it sounds.
>>
>>34993782
Will I fuck myself or my gains up in the long run if I start putting support under my heels while squating, its the only way I can go below paralel without losing my balance/form
>>
I'm looking for a Starting Strength tracker app - preferably one that works with MyFitnessPal. What's out there?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.