[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bulging disc rehab
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: herniateddisccutaway.jpg (9 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
herniateddisccutaway.jpg
9 KB, 300x280
Hey sick cunts,

I've had a bulging disc for almost 9 months now.

Recently I've started dead lifting for the first time and squatting both with very low weight but high reps.

Is this a good method of rehab? I've also been stretching a lot .

Dyel boy till I die
>>
>>34994272

>tfw deadlifts and squats fought for being your favorite movements
>tfw satisfying as fuck squat day
>tfw doing a deload set and a momentary loss of tightness and SNAp CiTY

Going on 6 months ago.. I eventually decided to stop anything that taxed the lower back at all and it seems to help, but I'll still randomly bend over slightly to brush my teeth over the sink and I can feel the dull pain coming from the disc

I've given up tbqh,

The plus side is my legs have always been overdeveloped compared to my upper body so they'll look fine
>>
>>34994313
You think I should quit lifting?

I feel like that will make my back weak
>>
>>34994328
go see a doctor m8

honestly i wouldn't do any hard work with my back if I had a bulging disc, nevertheless keep your form really tight and don't do some heavy ass weights, stretch your shit out and consult a sport doctor or the internet about this (not 4chan).
>>
>>34994328

I still lift.

Most upper body movements are fine. You can use google to find some stuff you can still do for lower body even with a recovering disc.

>>34994343

If you have insurance/money you should do this. But if really is a herniated disc you basically have two options; wait it out and let it heal for about a year, or surgery.
>>
>>34994343
ive seen a doctor and gotten an MRI about it he said I could continue to lift just nothing crazy but i feel like its not fully going away its been a while too
>>
>>34994272

punch it in place you soft cunt
>>
>>34994454
dude fuck you im a hard cunt
>>
Same problem here OP.
I dunno I keep powering through. Fuck that my gains.

Made a thread last night. Can still dl 225 and squat about that, hoping I'll get stronger again ( was at 5+/4+)

It's wack man my legs tingle too oh well
>>
>>34994629
are we being unhealthy bro?

i wanna lift but i want my back to feel good. mine is the bottom disc on my back.

something i have found if it helps you is to be very conscious of how you bend down. instead of leaning over to grab something either do one of two things:

1. squat down to pick something up

2. or two do that golfers pick up where you bend over with 1 leg out like your picking up a golf tee.

those two things have decreased the pain for me
>>
>>34994433

along with your light-weight lifting you should add some time on an inversion table, it should stretch out your back stabilizers and help them realign by relaxing them and relieving your discs of some compression stress. It might even help heal your herniated disc with enough time.
>>
>>34994795
I really wish I had access to one of these so hard to find and pretty expensive
>>
>>34994674
Same, right above the start if my ass crack.
Stretching seems to help a little albeit temporarily
I've convinced myself I'm rehabbing myself because the pain has improved. Your strategies work great, I employ them. I also use a ton of Tiger balm.
>>
>>34994272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNY0vFmTf2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IU9emzBDRA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYGViHia6Q
>>
>>34995322
>using tiger balm
>not using snake oil
Never going to make it
>>
>>34995372
Kek
>>
Im not sure if this is a bulging disc, but when ever I do squats or deadlifts I tend to go to the left for some reason. (not sure if its because im not always looking straight). Also I do have lower back pain but its not all the time and when I do squats and dls it doesn't happen at all.
>>
>>34995697
Didn't understand your question to be honest, look up scoliosis online and see if that's what you mean.
>>
Is everyone here that much retarded to get bulging discs from lifting?
>>
>>34994272
stop lifting heavy. you will only exacerbate the problem. work on your core. strenghten your core and lower back. improve your flexibility and search mckenzie movements and read stuart mcgill.
>>
>>34997497
It's all funny until it happens to you friend, and I assure you at some point you will get some injury that you thought was impossible if you're consistent. But you're probably a neckbeard
>>
>>34999897
This

Seriously you can feel completely fine and one small mistake can fuck you over. I'm never laughing at others injuries again.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.