[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh God...no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Oh God...no
>>
>>37528723
Fuck this shit. I had a wisdom tooth impact my rear molar like this.

Dentist told me I could either have the wisdom tooth removed (difficult procedure, has to be done in hospital - in UK so NHS would sort it) or have the molar removed there and then in the dentist and the wisdom tooth would move forward and take its place.

Hurt like a bitch so I went with the there and then fix, had that fucking molar taken out. Took the cunt over an hour of tugging and shit to get it out. Said he had never had such difficulties. I'm practically adamantium though. Got ran over by a car once and fucked the car up, didn't break a thing.

Anyway. 5 years later, wisdom tooth moved maybe a mm? Whopping great fuck off hole in back of mouth. Cheers ya cunt.
>>
>>37528773
nhs, not even once
better off getting dental care abroad desu
>>
>>37528723
>tfw I am keeping my wisdom teeth because master race genes.
>>
>>37528773
Yea fuck all that. Get the procedure done.
>>
>>37528818
>tfw born without wisdom teeth because of true master race genes
>>
>>37528818

what colour are your eyes?
>>
>>37528723
I have this and am currently in limbo being passed between shitty university dentist and shitty NHS.

I love the idea of the NHS but its just so poorly executed, neither of the receptionists at either place know what to do both keep telling me to call back again in a week hoping someone else will have to deal with it.
>>
>>37528854
Skin colored.
>>
>>37528723
i had 4 like that.
got them removed all at once under general anaesthetic.
>>
File: 1465064829868.gif (2 MB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1465064829868.gif
2 MB, 400x600
>>37528849
same here; cheers no-wisdom bro
>>
>>37528723
>wisdom tooth grows at weird angle
>constant grinding against jaw eventually causes it to crack the enamel
>go to have it removed, new dentist as I'd just moved
>dentist screws something into the exposed pulp
>pops it like a bottle cap
>gaping bloody hole less painful than fucked up tooth
>whole operation took 10 minutes with anaesthetic
>walk home
>no problems since

NHS is a crap shoot on whether you get yourself a shitty doctor/dentist, or a decent one.
I used to travel 10 miles to my GP just because he was better than the ones around where I lived.
>>
i dont know a single person that to remove their wisdom teeth
mine came up just fine, and im a fucking manlet!
>>
if wisdom teeth are so wise why did mine grow upside into my skull?
>>
>>37528723

the dentist i went to hit the nerve near my fucking wisdom tooth and numbed a bit of my face ;_;

it's not noticeable at all tho, it just feels a bit funny
>>
>>37529129
want to steal your brain gains
>>
Oh man, too bad I don't have the x-rays handy. My teeth are so fucked up I had to get a total of 10 teeth removed.
>>
>>37528849
Everyone's born without wisdom teeth.
>>
File: smug on smugler.png (48 KB, 349x448) Image search: [Google]
smug on smugler.png
48 KB, 349x448
>>37528723
>mfw puny human jawlets cant handle all their teeth

when will they learn?
>>
>>37528773
Something similar happened to me, fucking anesthetics didn't work and I felt every fucking thing, holy shit, it would've been less painful to just do nothing
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>tfw I had 5 wisdom teeth
>tfw I was concious for the whole surgery
>tfw my wisdom teeth were fuckhooge

JUST
>>
>>37529371
this desu
>>
>>37529371
>mfw
>>
Had this surgery last summer. The only bad part is actually having to sit with your mouth open for like 30 mins (which is very annoying), there's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>37529441
Daaaaamn, what the fuck did they do to you? Mine got out pretty clean, that shit looks like a tumor
>>
>>37529118
>mine came up just fine, and im a fucking manlet!

The lord giveth, and the Lord taketh
>>
>>37529493
>Not having been knocked out for it
>>
>>37529518
I think it just comes down to me not being a fucking pussy. Can't help it.
>>
>>37528980
that's incredibly disturbing
>>
>>37529506
I don't know, but my dentist kept tugging and jerking like my life depended on it. It was terrible like I could actually feel my jaw bone crack as he was pulling out my teeth.

To make things worse, I drove myself home with a blood filled mouth
>>
>>37528980
So, black?
>>
File: angry tfw.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry tfw.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
>>37528723
>>37528773
>>37528783

>Occluded incisor in top of front of mouth
>NHS dentist says I could remove one back tooth in each corner of my mouth, have full braces, or just take it out and let the teeth close over into the gap
>Advises we just take it out
>"Ok he's the dentist he knows what he's talking about"

>Operation goes fine
>Years later the teeth close over
>From the fucking middle
>All my top teeth are now not where they're supposed to be or wonky
>Loss of tooth matter in that area of the bone caused uneven maxillofacial development
>Left side of my face developed properly and pushed all the teeth rightward because it didn't grow properly
>Look like Supermang and my jaw doesn't close properly and it hurts
>Mention this to dentist, says "Wait until you're in your 20s when facial bone growth has slowed and we can look at corrective surgery or an implant"
>Wait till I'm 21, go back
>"Of course now that you're an adult this won't be NHS funded and you'll have to pay thousands of pounds I hope that won't be a problem :^)"
>>
>>37529613
ahahahahahahah oh my god anon I'm so sorry but holy shit
>>
>>37529613
Your dentist sounds Jewish
>>
>>37529613
I would never trust my own body to fix itself, gotta go with the braces and shit everytime man
>>
>>37528723
My brother's jaw is big enough that he got to keep his wisdom teeth. I'm jelly.
>>
>>37528723
My wisdom teeth fit in my mouth.
However,

>cavity on a back molar
>eventually broke, so pulp exposed
>doesnt hurt so dont get fixed
>6 months pass
>one day eating some almonds
>first bite splits almond into shards
>second bite sends shard into tooth, down into root
>most painful thing I have ever experienced
>grabs some tweezers
>hands shaking as I reach into mouth
>cant even focus so much pain
>yank out
>start bleeding
>suction, tongue, air, anything causes bare nerve pain
>stops hurting next day
>bleeding stops
>still havennt been to dentist
>>
>>37529196
Most people have wisdom teeth, but they just don't erupt until later (and for some they never do)
>>
>>37528723

What did people do 500 years ago when they had this shit?

Why did our species evolve to have such a shitty common problem?
>>
>>37530573
Normally these people would die. But now they live because morals and medicine and spread there genetics to others.

hence the idea that eventually we will all be sort of bionic/robotic, living outside of genetics
>>
>have good dentist as a kid due to parents' insurance
>get braces, no complications
>get wisdom teeth removed, no complications
>enjoy being able to trust that my healthcare professionals are well-educated and competent
It's a good day to be free.
>>
>tfw good insurance and got wisdom teeth removed under full anesthesia
>tfw injected with fentanyl, ketamine , and propofol.
sent home with hydrocodone 7.5mg
>>
>>37528818
This, if you need to have your wisdom teeth remove then you are basically a defective human
>>
>>37530614
>>37530986
These guys know what's up.

Feels good to be upper middle class
>>
>>37530573
Crooked teeth were incredibly rare 500 years ago, it's environmental factors like shitty diet that are the cause of the modern shitty teeth epidemic
>>
File: humanitybehind.jpg (85 KB, 612x429) Image search: [Google]
humanitybehind.jpg
85 KB, 612x429
I had 2 surgeries for 2 teeth each and both times i did the mistake of drinking blended oats on the first day already to hit my calories and not lose any gains.
Both time it inflamed
>>
>got wisdom teeth out
>knocked out for it, deliciously high for hours afterwards
>insurance covered it all
>recovered in days with minimal pain
>>
>>37529613
Yup I live in Ireland put originally from Poland . I'm going this weekend to Poland because its cheaper to go there get all wisdom teeth done stay for the weekend and fly back on Monday than to get it done in Ireland . Also the dentists are way better . here you pay €300 for 2 molars and end up on with a DESIGNATED dentist who probably got his degree from one of those online schools. To get a implant my mother had to go to Dublin which is 2h drive. And pay over €1500 to have it done because there is only few Irish dentists that are able of doing it and they dictate the prices for it.
>>
I was born without wisdom teeth
>>
>>37532775
sure, I used to say that, turned 24 and weirdly enough they started emerging

the amount of people born without them is not 20-30% like people say, it's in the 1000ths
>>
>2016
>not mewing
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mike+mew

I just changed your life, thank me later
>>
>>37528773

All 4 of mine were impacted like that. I was put under and had the wisdom teeth removed.
>>
>>37533845
same but i only had 3, thanks mom
>>
>typical shit britbong teeth as a kid mouthbreather
>5 teeth removed when i was like 10, no idea why
>now i dont have any pre-molars
>get braces at 13
>6 gum-sore years later
>teeth aren't that straight
>braces off
>teeth move back whilst the teeth retainer is made
>literally years of wearing a painful ass fucking brace un-done in a few days cos NHS slow
>have wisdom teeth only on right side and it looks like OPs pic
>teeth are eroding away from acidic drinks anyway

fucking teeth pain in the ass fuck m y life
>>
>>37533298
I'm 30 so I think I'm in the clear
>>
>>37532657
Polebro, should I go to Poland to get my shit >>37529613
unfucked?
>>
>>37528723
You should have listened to Dr. Mike Mew while you had the chance. Now you can enjoy a life of weak jaw/ absent cheek bones.
>>
>>37528723
?
just get em removed retard
+
free script for Vicodin

you live in a third world shithole or something?
>>
Ugh, I just had a molar pulled yesterday. It had almost killed me in February when my dentist fucked up a root canal and it became infected.
>>
>>37528723
Went to the dentist yesterday and he told me I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth.

Ayyy about to stock up on them painkillers.
>>
File: Medieval_dentistry.jpg (80 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_dentistry.jpg
80 KB, 500x390
>>37530573
they would have lost teeth that the wisdom tooth would replace, OR

they would go to the barber, get drunk, and have some uneducated peasant yank that shit out
>>
Question:

My wisdom teeth came in normal. No problems, popped out, plenty of room. But I had my two lower wisdom teeth removed (1 year apart) due to cavity and had no problems when they were pulled. That was about 5 or 6 years ago now.

So my dentist tells me he wants to pull my upper two wisdom teeth. Without the lower two wisdom teeth to basically stop them, the upper wisdom teeth will continue to slowly shift down (like they are continuing to grow into the space available). So he wants to pull them. They're healthy teeth, no other problems. I have not had bite problems lately (about 4 years ago, I had headaches and clenched my teeth in my sleep, but I think the "clenching" fixed whatever problem I had with my bite and now have no issues or headaches).

Is this legit? Should I consider getting my uppers pulled? Not really sure.
>>
>>37531021
wisdom teeth are for when you lose a normal tooth from bad care you fucking ape

the reason people get wisdom teeth removed is because we actually take care of all our teeth and dont need the wisdom teeth to replace any that fall out
>>
>>37535335
>Is this legit? Should I consider getting my uppers pulled? Not really sure.

yes, this is legit. sorry bro
>>
>>37535337

You just have an underdeveloped jaw that can't fit your teeth
>>
>>37535306
Oh I forgot, my dentist said I can choose to get one side removed, then come back like half a year later and get the other side removed, OR I can get them all removed at once. What's the better option?
>>
>>37529587

> I could actually feel my jaw bone crack as he was pulling out my teeth

that's normal
>>
>>37530594

They wouldn't have died, you fucking retard, they would have just been in a lot of pain for the rest of their life.
>>
>>37530986

>> tfw injected with fentanyl, ketamine

this is how i know you're full of shit.
>>
File: 20160612_192626.png (597 KB, 1439x1287) Image search: [Google]
20160612_192626.png
597 KB, 1439x1287
Thanks for the OC, OP!

>2016
>Not making normie gainz
>>
>>37529371

Are they people who don't remove their wisdom teeth?
>>
>>37535466
>you fucking retard
nice, you got me good

They would die out. People in constant pain would not get as much nutrients because it hurts to eat. They would get more infections because swelling and open cuts. No one would mate with them because they would be angry and in pain all the time.
>>
>>37535429
All at once
>>
>>37535429
Definitely all at once. Just deal with the pain and misery now in one shot instead of spreading it out.
>>
>get wisdom teeth taken out
>the anastethic was so good I didn't even bother with painkillers
>come to sitting in a chair
>"Do you know where you're at?"
>should have said fuck you, instead I FELT LIKE A KING
>Lady walking me to the car even though I'm doing totally fine (maybe not)
>Keep doing hand gestures signalling "Okay" and "Stop"
>Get home, try to eat icecream, fuck I don't even like icecream
>Play Dota 2 high as fuck and win every game
>Can't feel my face, numb for a whole day
I was just having a grand ole time, didn't feel out of it after the first 10 minutes, just high as a kite
Only problem was I only had icecream and helpful herb brownies for 3 days. They were way too powerful but this was the only time to really eat them (blended, in ice cream). I don't even like ice cream.
Fuck, I hate icecream.
>>
>>37528773
>britbong dentistry
>>
Gonna get them removed soon, should I get them removed all 4 at once or 1 by 1?
>>
>>37535910
Mine just came in like extra molars. I have a lot of room in the back of my mouth I guess.
>>
The amount of dreams I have where my teeth fall out...

I mean, jesus, Fucks with me every time
>>
File: 1458180646410.jpg (52 KB, 219x308) Image search: [Google]
1458180646410.jpg
52 KB, 219x308
>bf gets wisdom teeth pulled out
>won't be getting my dick sucked for the next month
>>
>>37535335
Leave them be.
>>
>>37535611

how embarrassing
>>
>>37528783

American detected.
>>
>>37537608
2 by 2. Upper and lower right side first (so you can actually chew or you left side while the right side heals) and then upper and lower left side.
>>
>>37535910
I must have huge mouth because mine came in fine and help me with advanced eating
>>
>>37528723
get that shit ripped out. i had it done and the dentist gave me a shitload of valium so i was awake the whole time and it was fucking awesome
>>
File: pain.jpg (1 MB, 3753x2657) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
1 MB, 3753x2657
>>37528723
This is what pain looks like, my friend.
>>
Wait, so does that mean If my wisodm teeth make my teeth crooked then i have small jaw which means bad genetics?
>>
>>37535910
I never got mine pulled.

I'm 25 now.

I use to have extra teeth grow on on the side near my tongue or over my k9s when I was a kid so it wasn't so bad.
>>
>Tfw according to a radiography they are all coming out in a somewhat decent direction, but 25 and only one has actually come out
They must be shy
>>
>>37538012
Nothing to do with small jaw.
It's just genetics.
>>
>>37538012
Nothing to do with genetics, you just haven't used your jaw enough to develop it properly

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_matrix_hypothesis
>>
>>37537701
I was back to sucking dick in a week friend
>>
>tfw wisdom teeth don't need to be removed but have absolute shit teeth otherwise

Also my mouth is riddled with cavities. I used to hate coming to the dentist but I now make it an effort to get 6 month check ups. Your teeth are important bros. If you can't afford to go, seriously brush your teeth or rinse your mouth after eating sugary stiff. oh and floss in the shower or something
>>
>coworkers wife had her wisdom teeth pulled
>the dentist ruptured her nerve somehow
>half of her face is hanging down, and she cant use parts of her body anymore
>literally disabled and ugly as fuck because if wisdom teeth removal

fuck im scared

One anon described how his face was numbed, anybody else had this happen to him?
>>
>>37538535
Or you could just stop eating sugary stuff that rots your teeth in the first place
>>
>>37538644
Sometimes it's unavoidable..like you're out with friends and they're all drinking cola. You're gonna order a soda too then.
>>
>>37538667
low quality b8
>>
>tfw 3 of mine have been slowly coming through for about 4 years still only halfway out
>>
>>37537967
holy shit that thing isnt even angle, pure horizontal
>>
Had pain for years, noone knew what it was (fucking retard dentists), my teeth were being pushed together, 2s being forward etc. Had an xray taken, 4 surgeries to remove wisdom teeth that took forever and were a huge pain (in the ass and real pain) and wore braces for a year, it's all ok now but not perfect but oh well. Fuck dentists.
>>
>>37537967
Yeah mine was like this too, growing straight into other teeth horizontally, all 4 of them.
>>
>>37531039
>source: I lived 500 years ago so I know
>>
>>37528773
>Expat Pom in NZ
>3 impacted Wisdoms and 1 clean through being extracted

In 3 days time. $1000 and 5 days off work. Wish me luck brehs.
>>
>>37535337
>fail logic
>>
>>37532657
Defo. There is actually a big marker for foreigners coming to do dental work because of all German , and viking countries bros . especially since Poland is not in € zone so you get around 4 pln for a €1 . just to give you a idea KFC bucket with 30 hot wings is 44,95 pln so €11.20. Food is dirt cheap so is alcohol and smokes. Electronics are pretty much same price .
>>
>>37538751
>we don't have skulls of people who lived 500 years
>>
>>37529441
You got butchered m8
>>
File: feel.jpg (13 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
13 KB, 216x233
>they have to crack the tooth into many pieces in order to get it out
>one of the tooth shards falls back in and the dentist has to dig it out
>he twists the tooth like a nail in order to shatter it
>>
>>37539488
it was a bad day, had to drive home too
>>
>>37538599
What in the ever living fuck? How does something like this even happen?
>>
>>37539541
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/3D_CT_impacted_wisdom_tooth.Gif
Because there's a nerve running really close to the wisdom teeth and if the guy doesn't know what he's doing he can sever it with the root during extraction.
>>
>>37528723
Had mine come in perfectly fine with no problems when i was 17
dentist said it was cool because one was a volcano
>>
>>37539541
its a low risk thing, but it will eventually happen in every dentists career.

Your dentist didnt tell you? in what kind of shit 3rd world country do you live where a doctor is not required to tell you all the risks that could happen from a surgery he is about to do?
>>
Literally the worst part of my procedure was the salvo of novacaine shots I got before hand
>>37530986
That hydrocodone was seriously the best part. I spent the rest of my day after the procedure feeling great and playing video games
>>
>>37535910
I didnt need mine taken out, but I cracked bottom left one pretty badly and the bottom right had a cavity so I just had em all yanked out.
>>
>>37528723
mine came through straight. no removal necessary
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.