[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I get rid of my blackheads? I've tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 30
File: blackheads_nose.png (161 KB, 328x281) Image search: [Google]
blackheads_nose.png
161 KB, 328x281
How the fuck do I get rid of my blackheads?

I've tried steaming my face for about 15 minutes, and then using those strips many times. It never works. Keep in mind I don't do it very often, I'm not trying to ruin my skin.

I was thinking about buying an extraction tool, so maybe that would work better? Or should I just go to a dermatologist? Or get a facial?
>>
I'll give you a facial alright
>>
Wash your face with actual face wash and use a wash cloth not just your hands or some weird synthetic washing utensil. The walmart brand oil-free daily face wash actually works better than the name brand shit twice as expensive. A girl turned me onto it, and although i feel like a fag going into the cosmetics section to buy face wash, i cannot deny that it has cleared up the black heads around my nose.
>>
they aren't blackheads, they're sebaceous filaments

I have them too and they're fucking annoying

try these

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1upp0y/sebaceous_filaments_mineral_oil_vs_bha_vs_aha/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1a1cj3/everything_you_wanted_to_know_about_ocm_the_oil/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1siu7c/protips_for_choosing_oils_for_ocm/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1kqvdv/how_to_mineral_oil_massage/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/1356nj/mineral_oil_and_its_benefits_for_skin_dont_be/
>>
>>34965020
Has mineral oil helped you in any way?
>>
>>34964966
God, I'd love to pop those fuckers
>>
>>34965020
>reddit
>>
>>34965040
Made my biceps larger.
>>
>>34965418
Nice contribution
>>
>>34965433
gonna need proof
post mineral oil on bicep or you're big bicep disinfo
>>
>>34965418
newfag
>>
>>34964966
do you have an golden ring? good - use it on your skin after steaming. gently scrub in line with the ring's edge - it pools out the dirt and the fat out of the pores.
Yeah , np , thank me later when you get laid...
>>
>>34964966
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4WK1qsVFgw
>>
File: 20151119_214321.jpg (277 KB, 1121x1157) Image search: [Google]
20151119_214321.jpg
277 KB, 1121x1157
>>34964966
Shit sucks.
>>
>>34965661
jesus CHRIST dude trim your nose hair
>>
Take accutane for incredible skin gains. I took generic version accutane a few years ago and now i dont get a single pimple. Before i took it i had blackheads similar or worse then the pic in op, like probably atleast 50 or more on my nose. A few weeks into the treatment they just started to fall out by themselves during my showers and eventually they were all gone. Since then i have had 0 blackheads and ultra clear skin.
>>
>>34965687
What kind of side-effects are we talking though?
>>
>>34965433
Underated post ;)
>>
II just pop the fuckers. Increibly satisfying.
>>
>>34965697
Not that guy but you will be Sahara desert dry for a long time lmao. The pills dry your skin right up, lips cracking bad etc. It was really worth it for me though
>>
>>34965020
neat

but what about making your pores smaller or shrink?
>>
>>34965697
Every drug has potential side effects. Accutane is no different. You will most likely get chapped/dry lips during the treatment, but that is only temporary and chapstick can help. I personally never had any other side effects, and like i said the dry lips are temporary and go away after treatment. It's literally a cure for acne for most people. It was for me.

Dont waste time and money on bullshit products. Go to a dermatologist and get on accutane and be done wirh acne for good.
>>
>>34965735
Yes. Like he said, you will have dry skin on accutane, but it's only temporary, and very manageable. The end results are more then worth it.
>>
just pop those cunts
>>
>>34964966
First: Disregard completely the reddit-tier scams in >>34965020
Then:
- check your diet: dramatically increase your veggies, dietary fibers and fruit. Don't eat anything fired, try to limit butter.
- use soap. Fucking simple soap, nothing containing SLES nor SLS. It would be nice if you start to use a shampoo without those as well
- shower every day, hot water, soap, cold water. For a couple of months use Mint Julep's mask (apply at least 15 minute before having the shower), it shrinks dramatically your pores (for a while).
If you keep it going, you pores will be effectively shrinked in a couple of months and you won't have to carry all that shit every day.
Poppin'em with a blackhead remover is satisfying but it's not a real solution and it doesn't address the real origin of those fuckers.

No need to thank me
>>
>>34965789
>Don't eat anything fired
*Don't eat anything fried
>>
>>34965742
I don't have terrible acne at all, but it's still unsightly and annoying as fuck. Should I take it if I barely need to?
>>
Try creating a mixture of 2/3 lemon juice, 1/3 water, and salt, apply it and leave it on overnight.
>>
File: hh.jpg (59 KB, 596x444) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
59 KB, 596x444
>>34964966
>an extraction tool,
that or this
>>
>>34965789
Instead of all that effort which may or may not help, because acne is a lot about genetics and thus even with proper dieting and hygeine it will still persist.... Just take accutane. Also good luck trying to pop all of them and also having a bunch of nasty marks and crap all over the nose.
>>
>>34965804
Not the guy you replied to but I would say yeah

I took it a few years back, bought it off the internet, 20mg a day for 6 months
Cleared my face up completely and improved my skin color, texture, and blemishes. Best part is I can eat whatever I want and not wash for days and I will never breakout with pimples or anything, its amazing.

If your acne isn't that bad (as mine wasn't) then you will have a hard time getting a dermatologist to prescribe you any so I recommend buying it off the internet, might be fairly expensive though.
>>
>>34965804
Yeah, i didnt have horrible acne myself. It was moderate. Take the plunge and get accutane. do u want the confidence and aesthetics of having clear acne free skin guaranteed? Or u can just try and go the other route of the countless anecdotal diets and useless scrubs and washes.
>>
>>34965838
>>34965858
I don't know what to think.

>blindly trusting anons on 4chan

My gut says pls no.
>>
1. Save up a lot of $$$
2. See a dermatologist
3. Get some kind of laser treatment
>>
>>34965874
That's for scars and shit. Not for acne treatment.
>>
>>34965870
It's ok brah im over here feeling my blemish free silky smooth face thanks to the drug.
>>
>>34965789
Not OP but I had large sebaceous filaments for ages too. I did everything in your advice since I was like 16 and none of that shit helped (well it might've helped it not be worse than it was but from my perspective there was no difference).

I started using a BHA last year and that worked way better. Can't believe I wasted 8 years on some stupid "natural" holistic method.
>>
>>34965813
Fair warning if you do this you'll give yourself chemical burns. If you want to do it anyway go ahead and I'll laugh at you
>>
>>34965433
qeq
>>
>>34965821

accutane is fucking great. i didn't like the bullshit blood tests they made me do though.

that was like 10+ years ago and since then my acne has been limited to a pimple here and there every once in a while.

i wish they made an accutane vaccine for 6th graders or some shit, would save a lot of kids a lot of trouble. shit is a miracle worker.
>>
>>34965938
ubi se
>>
>>34965893
OP asked a question about removing blackheads.

Laser treatments are available for precisely that purpose, which also deals with reducing the production of sebum.
>>
>>34965943
> the bullshit blood tests they made me do though

How many and for what purpose m8?
>>
>>34965951
Accutane will fuck you the fuck up.
>>
>>34965966
How?
>>
>>34965951
Not same guy, but i have input

U have to get triglycerides checked. If i remember correctly, i only had to get the test done for the first few months while on it. Accutane has the potential to mess with liver function, because it is metabolized by the liver, thats why they advise u to quit drinking alcohol during the course. But that's all very precautionary and shouldnt deter u from talking it.

Btw for balding bros. Get on finasteride for massive hair gains.
>>
File: 1437634798457.jpg (23 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
1437634798457.jpg
23 KB, 320x252
>tfw stray hairs growing on nose
>>
>>34965972
Just about everyway you could imagine. It's the chemo of acne treatments.

Just wash your face with a BHA, apply a suitable moisturiser and change your pillowcase daily. If after trying everything else your face still looks like something from a Junji Ito comic then and only then go for accutane.
>>
>>34965919
>I did everything in your advice
I doubt it
>8 years later since I was 16 my skin improved
totally not because you're out of puberty, isn't it
>stupid "natural" holistic
you're mom is holistically stupid
>>34965821
>good luck trying to pop
that was never advertised
>it's all genetics
no, it's not, you can 100% solve them with those steps, no matter your "genetics"
>accutane
acne is a related but different territory, and Roche has dismissed production since 2009 given that it can cause mental issues and more
>>
>>34966009
>out of puberty
Pretty sure you're out of puberty well before 24 dickwad. I only started using BHAs last year, I'm 25 now.
And ok you're right, I didn't do any mint julep masks (don't even know what that is desu) but I did try other things like tea tree oil and whatever the fuck was the fotm at the time.
I'm a vegetarian so of fucking course my diet is full of veggies. I stopped using SLS when I was like 14 because I heard that shit was bad. And I shower everyday because I'm not a dirty cunt.
>>
>>34966009
lol no, Roche removed Accutane brand from the US because it got sued for inflammatory bowel syndrome or somesuch crap that wasn't listed in the sides and only became apparent in Stage IV
Roaccutane is still there and is literally the same pill except with updated side effects so they can't get sued anymore
>>
>>34966000
Fearmongering bs. Accutane is incredibly safe and has been on the market for decades (i think 70s or 80s os when it came out). Sure u can potentially get side effects, but that goes with any drug. With that said, only a very marginal ittybitty percentage of people show side effects in clinical trials. The drug is very safe and has stood the test of time.
>>
>>34966019
>I didn't do mint julep but I did one of the oily scam
So you did exactly the opposite of what I said and yet you dared to write it doesn't work.
>>
>>34966041
You clearly have no fucking clue about anything if you think tea tree oil is oily. I bet you think essential oils are called that because they're essential to your body.
>>
>>34966033
I'm not saying it's going to kill you but it's overkill unless you've actually tried a proper skincare routine and clean yourself everyday with fresh cleaned <anything you put your face on> everyday.

Let me put it in /fit/ terms, it would be like a fat guy using an EC stack (or for those with harsher reactions, DNP) because he can't be fucked to diet normally.

Take care of your skin in dermatological ways, not internet meme-cures and only then if you and a derm agree that your face still looks like the ass-end of a cat then get accutane.
>>
>>34966063
One can choose to go your route and MAYBE manage their acne. Or they can nip the problem in the bud with a pill.

Brb never worry about forgetting to wash face and waking up with 10 zits.

Brb god tier skin texture/smoothness/clarity youve always wanted

Brb pores literally shrink on size

Brb no more products or time consuming facial routines that yield a fracrion of the results of tane'.

Like i said, u can choose the laborious hassle of the route of multiple products and regimes. Or take a pill and have god tier skin.
>>
Those aren't blackheads. They're a part of your nose. Think the evolutionary equivalent of the appendix but similar to whiskers.
>>
>he doesn't have a face cleaning routine
let me actually help you op, you can not shrink your pores (the size is genetically determined), what you can do is clean your face which in turn will make the pores appear to be smaller.
The basic routine is:
1 Clean your face twice (in the AM and PM) with a face cleaner (cerave)
2 Exfoliate (i use Paula's Choice BHA)
3 Moisturize (Cerave)
Keeping a simple routine will help you in clearing your acne and cleaning your pores, but of course OP is a phaggot and he won't listen to my advice.
>>
>>34966129
Those are blackheads anon.
>>
>>34966051
You clearly have no fucking clue what reading comprehension is. The first step was: don't fall for the oil scams linked in the reddit-tier post (this includes mineral oils, essential oils and so on). The tea tree oil was literally linked in the reddit-tier post I despised in Step #1.
You may be 25, but your brain isn't.
>>
>>34966063
I had acne until the age of twenty-fucking-four

I tried EVERYTHING. By the end of it, it wasn't that bad anymore but having acne at the age of 24 is fucking ridiculous, it fucking kills your self-esteem

And the worst part of all those skin care routines is that even IF you manage to make one work, it's not a permanent fix. You still need to do the dumb routine every single day and avoid every problematic thing that causes acne for you (dairy made things significantly worse for me, for example). You never know if one day you're gonna wake up with this huge ass red thing on your face + a cluster of pimples on your chin or something.

Just take the fucking pill and be done with it, seriously. It's fucking amazing and being able to drink milk again is a godsend for my bulking
>>
>>34966134
>you can not shrink your pores (the size is genetically determined)
this is not entirely true, they can shrink over years if you keep them clean
>>
Has no one mentioned that pin-like tool you can press on your nose to flick them out?
My gf had a fetish for removing blackheads and she used those. I don't even know what it's called, but after a session it left my nose all red but clean.
>>
>>34966165
i meant you can't forcefully shrink them with rough physical exfoliation (what op is doing).
>>
>>34966161
Same story here. Acne until I was 22.
>"Maybe it will go away soon, I'm already X age so it should be over any time now"
NOPE. I didn't enjoy going outside and most of my time between 16-22 was spent having no self esteem and not talking to girls. I tried all sorts of meme treatments, but Accutane was the only thing that actually worked.
>>
File: paperclip comedone.png (1 KB, 255x133) Image search: [Google]
paperclip comedone.png
1 KB, 255x133
get a paperclip and bend it like pic related then extract the grease for your nose
>>
File: 1442538167549.gif (3 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1442538167549.gif
3 MB, 360x203
>>34966220
>>
>>34965789
>use soap
stopped reading there
>>
>>34966183
where do I get a gf like that?

or not like that...
>>
>>34965821
Isn't this #fatacceptance logic?
>>
>>34966502
No it's choosing the smarter more effective method that is guaranteed to work.
>>
>>34965821
These things aren't acne and taking accutane just to get rid of it is textbook retarded
>>
>>34966528
Also known as "nuking a mosquito"
>>
>>34966545
Well it kills it doesn't it
>>
>>34966553
Yeah, good luck drinking water or growing potatoes after that
>>
>>34966161
>You still need to do the dumb routine every single day

So?
You also need to shower and brush your teeth and change your clothes every single day to look decent
You still need to go to the gym to look decent

It is pretty common knowledge that everything that makes you look good needs regular maintenance
Don't be a stupid lazy slob dude
>>
>>34966562
How about the fact that the routine involves cleanser + benzoyl peroxide + moisturizer for something like 50 dollars a month until the end of time?

Also, what the fuck dude. If I could take a pill that made it so I didn't have to shower or brush my teeth every day, I would definitely do it.
>>
>>34966581

>If I could take a pill that made it so I didn't have to shower or brush my teeth every day, I would definitely do it

Careful, that's a slippery slope.
>>
>>34965789
Don't fucking use soap. That shit will dry you out. Get an extraction tool on amazon and then get some astringent here:

http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Kay-Blemish-Control-Toner/dp/B000B9N0N4/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1447943837&sr=1-1&refinements=p_4%3AMary+Kay

Get a bag of cotton balls and a ziplock sandwich bag. Wipe your nose/face off with the cotton balls with astringent 3-4 times a day, being very delicate ... just wiping the oil off your fucking shiny face. Shit will clear up in like a week.

Don't listen to anything else on this thread.
>>
>>34966581
Cleanser and moisturizer? Oh the horror!
Even people with perfect skin benefit from using those
>>
>>34966220
thsisaisis
>>
Anybody had any benefit from Cod Liver Oil? Thinking of taking it for the huge amount of vitamin A, heard it's supposed to help with acne, eczema, and that back of the arm chicken skin
>>
File: quinn.jpg (57 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
quinn.jpg
57 KB, 500x322
>>34965739
>>
>>34965020
i wish redditors would stay on reddit
>>
>>34966502
as is accepting that your eyes are brown or whatever. who gives a shit what dumbkeks believe?
>>
>>34964966
I wish I knew the answer
something tells me it's something like, stop touching your face as much
but that's probably hard to do consciously
>>
>>34966824
Was having the exact same thought earlier today.
I just don't know where I would buy it in liquid form.
>>
I used to have horrible blackheads until I started washing my face every day with a cleanser that has salycilic acid in it. You can get it in any cosmetics/facewash aisle of the store.

I'm sorry that it's not an instant fix, it'll take a month of regular use to have a noticeable effect
>>
Well OP, I'd recommend you first get rid of the blackheads through steaming your face or trying to hold a hot wet washcloth over it for a good while etc - anything to get the heat and the steam to open up your pores, and then gently exfoliating or using a blackhead remover, washing, and then applying a pore-shrinking facewash.

Try not to squeeze your face with fingers or nails, that's not good for the skin. I've sometimes carefully exfoliated at home with salt mixed with yoghurt, sugar mixed with honey or olive oil, and once even with baking soda and a tiny bit of water - mix a very small amount into a kind of paste and carefully rub on your face in gentle circular motions. While they all worked fine for me, I've heard that using sugar etc for exfoliating might damage your skin if you do it regularly for a long time due to the sugar granules being too large or something, and regularly exfoliating with baking soda might upset your skin's PH balance. However, if you only do it once it might work.

The baking soda + water exfoliating at least made my skin pretty smooth and gave no complications, so maybe you could try it. Of course use very little and be gentle and careful - and do NOT mix baking soda with any facewashes or lemon or other skincare products, be careful to wash your face and hands thoroughly before and after applying. Baking soda can be serious stuff, I've opened drains by mixing it with vinegar, so mind it. If it starts to burn or prickle your skin wash away instantly with lots of warm water. Also again, remember to try to open up your pores with warm water and steam before exfoliating.

Then you'll obviously need to change your skincare routine, or get one if you don't have any. Regular gentle exfoliating (once a week, maybe twice) helps keep the pores clean. You can shrink the pores through daily using either a basic astringent or a more heavy-duty pore-shrinking serum after washing, over time the pores will shrink.
>>
>>34966161
...Hey accutane guy. Is it expensive, to get your blood drawn and buy however much accutane? I'm 21 and this isn't slowing down so, I've kind of hit a wall.
>>
>>34967339
>what is health insurence?
>>
Removing dairy from my diet cleared out my nose, made my skin much less oily, and eliminated my bacne.

It could be just lactose intolerance or something, I don't know, but try cleaning up your diet to nothing but unprocessed foods and then after a couple weeks see what happens.
>>
>>34967392
That shit seriously is applicable?
>>
>>34967400
Depends on the country you live in.
Here in Germany health insurence takes absolutely everything, from gyno removal to acne treatment.
>>
>>34967436
Dunno if 'murica Blue Cross would cover it. Worth a google, though. If I start this now, I improve my life that much sooner, right? I can quit booze for two months or whatever if it means I can stop being so... yeah.
>>
File: naah.gif (3 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
naah.gif
3 MB, 350x300
>>34966009
>you can 100% solve them with those steps

Can't you fucking retards go spew this bullshit somewhere else? Every single time there is a skin health thread, some mouthbreather who lucked out in skin genes comes in spouting inane advice and making massive assumptions about other people's hygiene.
>>
>>34967602
It made my life so much better, depends on the person you are.
Having acne in your face sure can damage your self-confidence.
>>
>>34965789
>dramatically increase your veggies, dietary fibers and fruit. Don't eat anything fired, try to limit butter.
>does not specify which fruit
>blanket statements on dietary restriction
Nah
>>
>>34965683
for who?
its a nice protection when you sleep, no insects can go in. and no gf to impress.
>>
>>34964966
When you're in the shower try peeing on a facecloth and using it to wipe your face. Urine is good for your skin
>>
>>34968233

>not using feces and dirt for beneficial bacterial flora
>>
My cat licks my nose so much she pretty much scrapped anything that was on it.
>>
Anything with salicylic acid in it should work.
>>
>>34965986

>Btw for balding bros. Get on finasteride for massive hair gains.

>Finasteride
>Common Side Effects:
>impotence
>loss of interest in sex, or trouble having an orgasm
>abnormal ejaculation

Know what you are getting in to before you try it.

My friend almost fucked up his relationship with his girlfriend because they went from fucking 3-4 times a week to like twice every two weeks.

He was taking the bare minimum for hair restoration.

He got some of his hair back, but he almost lost his girlfriend because he never felt like doing anything with her. She didn't even give a shit about his hairline, he was just self conscious about it. He quit the pills, lost the returned hair, but kept his relationship. They're both much happier.
>>
>>34968549

Also, Finasteride is one of the same drugs that Male to Female guys take in order to start gaining more feminine features. Of course, they take it in larger doses than used for hair treatment.

I know this because my cousin is taking them for that purpose. His skin and complexion have become noticeably smoother and his hair has grown rather quickly (past his shoulders) and his facial hair growth has slowed down to a crawl.
>>
>>34964966
>get a facial
huh hue hue

Seriously though find a qt who loves to squeeze them mothers right out. My back is now spot free and my nose rarely gets blackheads anymore.
>>
File: 1321891115023.gif (296 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1321891115023.gif
296 KB, 630x420
>>34966257
just add machine-moving sounds to that .gif and its perfect
>>
>>34966732
>soap.
>>34966298
>soap
Rather than "stopping reading there", you should really read __more__
Soap with SLS/SLES will dry out, that's why there was the specific indication "nothing containing SLES nor SLS". E.g. Dove soap contain both hydratant and SLS, that's like giving a caress after having given punch. Something simpler like castile soap (and many others) will not dry out anything.
>>
>>34968233
>having to piss on your own face
tfw no gf
>>
File: 42342342.jpg (217 KB, 736x521) Image search: [Google]
42342342.jpg
217 KB, 736x521
>>34964966
My cat licks them off me.
I'm not joking, I found an abandoned baby and took her in. She licks me all the time, when I'm asleep she goes out of her way to lick my nose
it hurt a lot at first but then I got used to it, all my blackheads were gone eventually, I don't have them anymore at all
>>
File: 1442867518351.jpg (69 KB, 590x750) Image search: [Google]
1442867518351.jpg
69 KB, 590x750
>>34971745
Wtf anon
>>
File: cat.jpg (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
20 KB, 400x300
>>34971745
>>
>>34965433
heheh cheeky
>>
>>34964966

I use a black-sugar/charcoal polishing mask once a week.
>>
>>34965870
I vouch for the guy, I too had bad acne and took roacutane which is basically the same thing and it worked wonders!
>>
>>34964966
wait, you can get rid of those fuckers? THOSE are blackheads?

fuarkkkk
>>
File: 23424235.jpg (121 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
23424235.jpg
121 KB, 1032x774
>>34971786
>>34971798
no, no, I don't mean it like I make her lick me on purpose or anything! Abandoned baby cats apparently develop a fixation for licking caretakers because they didn't have the mother's protection. for example, she doesn't let me pet her for long because she turns and to lick my fingers nonstop, she licks whatever part of my skin is exposed. I have a cat lady neighbour that says it's because she likes the skin oil but I don't know for sure
>>
I'm gonna be honest here - stop using soap or any other cleaner on your face. At all. Just use lukewarm water to clean your face, about 3 times a day. I know this seems absurd, but it cleaned me off the blackheads completely.
For the first week or two you will see increse in oil production and blackheads will get more pronated, but after that they will start to disappear.
This is not some magic snake oil remedy for skin problems, as my acne hasn't cleaned up thanks to this (it didn't got worse as well, note), But it WILL clean your blackheads.
>>
>what kind of life you want senpai
>me: just fuck my shit up
>>
>>34971895

Haha, I know what u mean. Ever showed her your penis? Just as a test lol. Not like for plearsure. lol. Seriously just like to see if she would know it was a dick lol. Not like because u want to bust a nut or anything lol.
>>
>>34971895
you can put it lick something else if you know what i am saying
>>
>>34971950
>>34972085
>barbed tongue on dick
come on guys
>>
>>34967716
Sometimes I dont leave the house if my looks too bad.
>>
>>34971745
oh god that's so disturbing looking
>>
>>34965789
I eat barely any fruit, lots of vegetables, and a SHIT ton of butter, I have a mild case of this sebecaous filament thing, not very noticeable but still not perfect. I do shower ever day, but thanks for the tips, I think I need to change my diet.
>>
Okay, m8s. I'm thinking I might give Accutane a try. Should I go to a dermatologist and tell him I want to start it or just try to buy it online?
>>
>>34972925
>he fell for it
>>
>>34973022
I'm gonna book in to see a dermatologist first m8 and go from there.
>>
File: acne_crater_face.jpg (26 KB, 409x493) Image search: [Google]
acne_crater_face.jpg
26 KB, 409x493
>>34966545
"nuking a mosquito"? I don't have acne anymore but lets see you be so nonchalant when your face looks like this
>>
>>34973062
good

none of that online bs
>>
>>34973077
OP's face doesn't look like that though, he just has some blackheads but people are recommending full-on maximum effect acne treatments "just to be sure"
>>
>>34964966
comodone extractor
>>
>>34965661
nigger thats an ugly ass nose
>>
I use one of those glue strip things, warm my face with hot water and clean it, use the strip, then rinse with cold water to close the pores and hold a damp rag with cold water on it for a few minutes; seems to work really well
>>
>>34964966
Invest in a Clearsonic.
Expensive as fuck, but works.
>>
>>34965010
Whats wrong with being a fag?
Being a cigarette is fine.
>>
File: 20151120_160429[1].jpg (946 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151120_160429[1].jpg
946 KB, 1920x1080
>>34973062 here
Went to a GP and told him I need a referral to a dermatologist, he asked why so I told him it's acne related and I'm thinking of going on accutane. He flat out said no, and it's only for really sever cases. I told him about these mountain sized pimples I get on my neck sometimes and he said because they're not there now and there's no acne scarring there's no point. Pic related.

>>34975370
pls no bully ;_;
>>
>>34965661
What the fuck man. Trim your nose hair and tweeze those hairs growing off the top. You got bigger problems than blackheads
>>
>>34975556
I need more sleep, I know. I've been playing Fallout till the am.
>>
And how do I get rid of a fuckign face sun tan?
>>
>>34965020
Good shit mate. Helped me out.
>>
>>34975556
It's not really his job to decide what doctors you can see anon, go back to him and say you want a second opinion from a dermatologist. He's also not supposed to go "Oh, a patient wants this treatment, but I don't want them to, better make sure they can't see someone more qualified to make the decision". Get a new doctor if he's refusing to refer you though, because I'm pretty sure that's illegal.
>>
>>34975556
You don't need a referral to see a derm, at least mine I didn't
>>
>>34975835
>amerifat shopping for drugs logic
>>
>>34966000
mfw I love Junji Ito and Thomas Ott...
>>
>>34964966

k
>>
>>34975882
Really? I do live in Australia. I rang up a dermatologist, spoke to an assistant and asked if I could make an appointment, then I was asked if I had a referral.

The GP also said accutane kills your skin cells or something. Like it's really the ultimate step to clear terrible acne, not to be used for minor shit like I have.
>>
File: 20151120_170954[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151120_170954[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>34975953
I did get him to prescribe me the lower medication from raw accutane, pic related.
>>
>>34975556
JUST
>>
>>34975985
>tfw every photo I've uploaded of myself the past few months someone has said jfmsuf ;_;
>>
File: pore strip.jpg (484 KB, 2589x2177) Image search: [Google]
pore strip.jpg
484 KB, 2589x2177
Pore strips generally do a good job at temporarily fixing it, if they don't you're probably not leaving them on for long enough. Also note that some brands are more effective than others, you may need to do research.
Then follow up by washing your face or maybe even exfoliating and then applying moisteriser (this is key).

Also, benzoyl peroxide works well for most people, just make sure to start off with 2.5 - 5% as it can be a bit harsh on the skin within the first week or two.
>>
>>34975926
I didn't say he should see doctors until he finds one that will give him what he wants, I said his doctor refusing to send him to a specialist who would know what was an appropriate treatment even if what he wanted wasn't really. Plus, as I said, I don't know a doctor can refuse to refer you to a specialist as long as you have an actual reason to see one.

I'm Australian though, eurokuck.
>>
>>34976102
He didn't really refuse me, just strongly cautioned against it and told me how it's only an absolute last step people take with severe acne scarring take. He showed me pictures like >>34973077 and said this is what cases accutane is used for.
>>
>>34975968
Duac does nothing desu
>>
>tfw there's only one dermatology clinic anywhere close to where I love and they're booked for the next fucking 6 months
one day I'll go on accutane... one day
>>
>>34968549
Fearmongering. Finasteride is an amazing drug and very safe. Ive been on finasteride for alomost 5 months and have made nice hair gains. I masturbate atleast once daily and get hard easily. I also am making muscle gauns too. Millions if men take finasteride ans are perfectly fine with, unfoetunantly a loud vocal minority online can turn guys away from it. The only thing i regret is not taking it earlier and having my 19 year old hairline. Now im 24 and have some noticeable recession, but its thicl and healthy. If i woulda got on finasteride at 19 i could have a sexy nw1 right now.
>>
>>34976171
I would read your opinion and weigh it logically if you just had better grammar. Sorry, disregarding your opinion. It's just the way it is m8.
>>
>>34975968
>doxycycline

U sure u wanna be on antibiotics chronically? U fuck up ur gut flora that way i thought. Could be wrong tho>>34975968
>>
>>34976187
Typing from my shitty phone and suxk at touchscreen typing. Too lazy to go back and reread for 4chan. Bite me.
>>
>>34976124
In that case then, tell him that you get that, and you didn't mean to say you were going for that, but that you wanted to see a dermatologist because your acne's not going away on its own.
>>
>>34976201
Yeah, I think I'll just go to a different random curry GP or something. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>34976223
My dermatologist is based. She put me all the way up to like the highest dose of generic accutane 120mg daily i think. Shit was cash. I didnt even have servere acne.
>>
>>34976237
Are you the aussie anon?
>>
>>34976223
Yeah, it's really important to get a doctor you're compatible with, though someone who'll just agree with you isn't a good idea either.

>>34976264
No, he wasn't, but when I saw a dermatologist about acne, he put me on some other treatment for a few months, it's been somewhat effective, but he said to come back in a few months and he'd look at accutane if it hadn't cleared up completely.

I'd been sick as fuck before I saw him though, so it could have affected it, I'm not sure.
>>
File: SDX-09701-3.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
SDX-09701-3.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1600
>>34964966
And quit eating meat, seriously, its the best thing ive done for me body and skin
>>
>>34967602

I have Blue Cross, my sisters on accutane, fully covered.
>>
>>34976289
lol shut the fuck up
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (414 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
414 KB, 3000x2000
>>34976338
>being this delusional
>>
>>34976377
>being a green goblin
>>
>>34975968
I was on that shit for 6 months. It worked clearing my bacne but it really fucked my shit up during the treatment and I felt sleepy, even going as far as having black out moments, every single day.
>>
Koreans use some kind of black putty, I'm not sure what it's made of. The before and after shot of the putty is so satisfyingly disgusting to look at.
>>
>>34964966
Steam/Sauna, wash your face afterwards.
If you've still got a problem after that, try nose pore strips.
Problem solved.

trust me, I'm a dermatologist.
>>
>>34964966
If your talking about the black dots on your nose they aren't black heads, its dirt in the pores on your nose. Use some facial wash with salicylic acid every two days, use too often and you'll just dry out the skin. Dont use those strips they'll just rip off thee top layer of skin and inflame your nose and make it worse
>>
>>34964966

push the edge of your nostril and edge of your nose together with your fingers to squeeze the pores out... pretty easy.
>>
>>34965820
This can push the congestion into the pore, if no extraction tool, use the looped end of a safety pin.
>>
>>34966562
>You also need to shower and brush your teeth and change your clothes every single day to look decent
You must have been unhygienic as fuck bruh if this is what you're arguing
>>
>>34967397
There's two reason why dairy free might work
You were sensitive to something in dairy (lactose intolerance or something)
Milk was your main source of exogenous saturated fats and you gimped your pubertal test production
>>
>>34965755
Also extreme sensitivity to sunlight, and maybe some *cough* suicidal tendencies

No really tho accutane increased my quality of life. My face was painful all over from acne, I could hardly touch it
>>
>>34965697
Monthly blood work to ensure healthy organ function level side effects
>>
>>34979208
I never got any blood work done when I did Accutane.
Two months into the treatment I had a checkup with the dermatologist and it basically was
>"All good?"
>"Yep."
>"Alright, bye."
>>
>>34975556
You don't need accutane though? That's not even acne, just a couple pimples. I bet you sometimes go weeks without one. Your current level is about equal to my current level, (if I eat and sleep like shit) and I was prescribed that shit a few years ago.
>>
>>34976002

It's the awful hair. Let it grow out a bit and then get a proper haircut.
>>
>>34968549
>>34976171
I've been on fin for about half a year and haven't noticed any negative physical side effects. My hairline hasn't changed because I literally caught it super early at 22. I still jerk off mutliple times a day, still have great erections. Only thing is my hair and facial hair grows much slower, that's for sure, but I supp biotin so it's not really an issue. Anyway, I've been making great gains in the meantime.

If you're a normal male who will bald fin + minoxidil (which I dont use because it's a pain in the ass to apply) is what will save your hairline. If you have low t to begin with or other hormonal problems, then you will be that 1% vocal minority that has problems. Even if you notice ED just fucking stop taking the pills jesus.

I'm going to start taking steroids so fin is going to be doubly important for suppressing some of the dht from the exogenous test.
>>
>>34979334
Don't use accutane it's super bad for your organs
>>
File: IMG_0960.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0960.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
tried the oil thing for half a year now. doesnt stop my pores from creating the shit at all. it just keeps coming from the inside and will go away when i grow old, just like it happened to my parents facial skin.
its a hormones, testosterone thing.
havent eaten anything sweet or fried or anything in four months now, been eating like a god.
i do believe that if i would cut dairy and meat products i would see a difference but im not going to me a miserable fuck just so my facial skin looks a bit better.
until then i will just scrubs my face with a towel and apply almond oil so the pores dont reproduce like fuck on their own because of lack of oil

>dont scrub your face with a towel dude
its the only way to get my pores clean if i dont want to spend half an hour every second day squishing out those fuckers by hand.
if i scrub my face with two oils for longer than a minute i look like a tomato the next day.
>>
File: IMG_0964.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0964.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
>>
File: IMG_0762.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
this is what comes out of my pores if i squish them with my fingers
>>
File: IMG_0763.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0763.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>
File: IMG_0962.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0962.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>
File: 1447451965853.gif (2 MB, 257x194) Image search: [Google]
1447451965853.gif
2 MB, 257x194
>>34981878
>>34981892
high in omega 3
>>
>>34981878
im eating
>>
>>34981892
>>34981878
jesus christ
>>
File: 78714302_640.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
78714302_640.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
>>34981851
>>34981866
>>34981878
>>34981892
>>34981900

WHY CAN'T I LOOK AWAY
>>
>>34981900
wash your face retard
>>
>>34981900
you look like a strawberry
>>
>>34981900

Sebaceous filaments nigga, not blackheads. I have the same problem
>>
>>34981961
i know
>>
>>34981726
I mean mine was awful. Now, post treatment, my skin is at about the same level as his is, without treatment. Trying to get across how much he is overreacting by seeking out accutane to fix his non problem.
>>
>keep getting zits and blackheads on chin/jawline
>think it's from having my blankets up against my face all night
>not feasible to wash all my bedding every other night
>too cold to not go cocoon mode

What do? Do you guys think this could actually be the cause? I read chin zits are hormonal but idk.

>super pale skin
>red marks take forever to face

Any solutions other than tanning (leather skin, do not want.)

>>34981851

okay, stop, stop. What kind of oil? If you put ANYTHING on your face you need to know the comedogenic rating. Go for only 0 or 1 rated (goes up to 5.) Iirc rice bran oil is 0 and it's relatively cheap. I use it as a nightly moisturizer and I think I took five years off my face in 3 months.

>scrub with towel

Make sure you do this gently or you're just ripping your pores open wider, allowing more room for oil pools, like a fag's asshole taking thousands of dicks a day and it gets all stretched out.

Use a facial cleanser and try using witch hazel.

>cleanser, dry gently
>witch hazel
>moisturizer

Morning and night. You might not want to put on oil in the morning because it makes your face look greasy. But I put it on at night and by morning it all absorbed in and my skin is super soft. Do this for a month and your oils should start getting to normal, IE not overproducing like a motherfucker. Usually greasy skin and shit like you got is a result of dry skin.

And stop squeezing them.
>>
File: 1446522996538.png (119 KB, 217x230) Image search: [Google]
1446522996538.png
119 KB, 217x230
Dude you have Sebaceous filaments, DO NOT STEAM/POP or anything similar, you will just get permanent big pores and you will get broken capillaries. Once you get a big pore they stay like that forever so just don't.

Buy some mineral oil or hemp oil, or if your skin can take it buy a 25% Mandelic Acid Peel.
>>
>>34982067
Actually once you get pig pores the only solution is accutane which actually reduces the pore size, regular exfoliation will also help, just be careful to not overdo.
>>
>>34981851
You fucking mong. Dont use oil at all. Thats why your face looks like an autumnal cheese spread on a pigs arse. Use cetaphil brand face lotion to moisturize your face and a 10% peroxide soloution as a wash. Use extremely hot water and a microfiber cloth and it will go away.
>>
>>34982053
>>34982221
guess you know my skin better than i do

>well then fuck off and live with your disgusting skin
thanks i will
>>
I use a clarisonic brush with a cleanser for reducing oil daily & they mostly went away/shrunk to normal pores. Also no moisture since I'm oily.

Bothered me for years, was mainly filaments though.
>>
>>34964966
Go to a dermatologist and get proper advice about the best product/treatment for you. Seriously, spend a little now instead of trying lot of home/internet made remedies and waste months/year. This is true for all kind of skin conditions
>>
>>34964966

for acne and all not washing the right amount (that means NOT OVERWASHING) and using the right cleaning agents. soap is very stringent. if u wash too much or use shit thatll strip ur skin of its oils harshly itll just send ur sebum production glands into fucking irritated overdrive.

use aveena and e45 washes, that kind of thing. once or twice a week use a scrub for ur fce. kkeep it as natty as possible eg use a witch hazel and rosewater based scrub.

black heads are different tho. common consensus seems to say that they re sort of genetic and u just have them. there's prob a lot of truth to that.

personally i have one main experience where all my black heads shrank loads. it was when i spent a summer working on the sea and under the sun. they pretyt much vanished, and tht was despite my diet etc being quite poor.

take what you will from that sen pai. good luck. ps its all in your own head
>>
I know this will get shitposted about

/skincareaddiction

on leddit seriously has all the info you're looking for. Read the faq and stuff. My skin is so much better now.

you may just have sebaceous filaments
>>
>>34981986

>>34975556 here

Yeah, I know it's not that bad, just annoying.
>>
>>34965418
>edgyasfuck
>>
>>34966898
I am militant about not touching my face unless I am in the shower and I have washed my hands with soap twice and there is a lather of face cleanser on my palms. It fucking kills me that there is an infinite amount of expressions I can't convey because my hands mustn't be anywhere near my face.
>>
>>34966134
>tfw everyone is going to ignore this post
:(
>>
File: 1436588498523.jpg (57 KB, 416x359) Image search: [Google]
1436588498523.jpg
57 KB, 416x359
>>34965464
>>34982943
your reddit is showing
>>
File: shit posting.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
shit posting.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>34982943
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.