[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here who is 30+ or getting close to 30? How have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 28
File: 1451712902222.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1451712902222.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
Anyone here who is 30+ or getting close to 30?

How have you noticed ageing take a toll on your health, fitness and your body?

Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts? It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress? Do you feel like you have less energy? Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?

I'd like to hear anything you have experienced while getting older and any tips you have for younger anons here.

Personally I am 25 and I have nobody else in my life to ask these questions to.
I have already started to moisturise my face avoid the sun as much as possible.
>>
>>37483403
I'm 30 and I've never been stronger, healthier or hornier my entire life.

My t levels are in the high 900s ng/dl, I've been hitting PRs these past months, diets' been on point, etc...

my skin, well, I look like a 20 year old fwiw. Still get carded at the bars. idk I feel like I've found the fountain of youth tho
>>
27, turning 28 in a couple months, maybe not old enough for what you want to know, but anyway....

> How have you noticed ageing take a toll on your health, fitness and your body?

haven't noticed anything yet, I expect I have maybe 5-7 more years or so before that sets in.

> Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts? It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress? Do you feel like you have less energy?

Can't confirm any of those personally so far. I've only started serious resistance training a few months ago, so it's not like I can really compare to how things were in my puberty tho.

> Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?

my skin was always shit and I had occasional acne outbreaks if I ate too much sugar, it has gotten much better now the past year that I got in shape

Moisturizing and sun protection is probably a good idea...
>>
>>37483445
Experienced any of the ageing memes you heard about alot?

The my aches and pains?
My back hurts?
My wrinkles on my faces?
I gotta nap every day im so tired
My knees owe
Whats this strange mole, oh it's cancer?

Do you feel any different physically from your 20's? not including the gains you made
>>
>>37483403

why are people treating 30 like some middle aged crisis these days?
>>
>>37483403
35 here

>How have you noticed ageing take a toll on your health, fitness and your body?
yeah, a bit. I ache a little bit more, don't recover as quickly, get injured easier and put on fat easier. it's not a problem at all, though, but it makes me a bit worried about turning 40. or 50.

>Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts?
I don't feel weaker, but I do have some minor aches and pains.

>It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress?
not sure. I started lifting at 32 and made very good progress. better than most young guys in the gym, but they were doing brosplits so that was expected.

>Do you feel like you have less energy?
Not really.

>Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?
I haven't noticed this. It's not as smooth as it was at 20, though.
>>
>>37483478
Because if you haven't got you shit in order by 27 you're basically fucked.
>both of which I am because I got a meme degree in my home state and didn't focus
>>
I turn 30 in a week. Overall I feel great health wise. Best shape of my life, skin is really holding up, my age was guessed as 24 a few days ago. Healthy living has its benefits.

My joints hurt a little more after hard workoutd but I've been lifting for 6 yrs so yknow.

Younger girls love me. I don't sperg out and spaghetti like they're used to because I legit dgaf if we smash. ...then we smash.

My hairline has receded ever so slightly. My fave lookscreally masculine now. I can finally put on weight etc.
>>
File: 1464480938703.png (315 KB, 423x384) Image search: [Google]
1464480938703.png
315 KB, 423x384
38 here. Recovery time is a total bitch and endurance is not what it used to be. I still feel like I can move like I used to but I will pay for it the next day (i.e. doing sports or something like that).

No advice really. There's no way to stop aging but being in shit shape at age 38 is the same as being in shit shape at 28. There's no reason not to work out.
>>

Feeling great and look better than all the other guys in my age bracket.

Girls that are 10 years younger hit on me and beg for sex.

Lift hard in your 20s and you'll see the greatness of being fit in your 30s.
>>
>>37483533
>38
>posting anime
kys pedo
>>
>>37483525
>Younger girls love me.
Literally the best feel.
Don't worry younger guys, you'll get there too after you've had a few practice gfs.
>My hairline has receded ever so slightly.
Mines fucking gorn m8
>>
>>37483403
just turned 32

just stopped getting carded

overall i feel like im healthy and there's not much of a difference in health

but at the same time i played college football and used to go partying/dancing after playing a game. in recent years ive been sore the day after a softball game lol, but at the time i wasnt working out
>>
>>37483475
>The my aches and pains?
somewhat.. I don't recover quite as well as I used to from sports. I'm never sore from lifting, but sometimes if I grind too much when I play hockey I get a bit sore all over.

I will mention tendinitis. I get mild bouts of tendinitis in my elbows from having lifted for almost a decade. They go away after a few days though.

>My back hurts?
I work in software so I'm sitting all the time BUT I deadlift heavy af and have good posture. Rarely have back/neck pains or headaches, ever. Sometimes I'll tweak my shit up by jerking my back or neck in random exercises like db lat raises. Would probably be the same result if I was 20 imo.

>My wrinkles on my faces?
n/a

>I gotta nap every day im so tired
I never nap. rarely tired. I think that might have to do with people having shit diets as they get older and stop caring about themselves.

>My knees owe
again I squat lmao4plate so idk, my knees are alright. I get weird tenderness and bruising in my quadriceps tendons from biking if I go for anything over ~25km

>Whats this strange mole, oh it's cancer?
ehhh idk im tanned I love the beach. I just assume all moles are cancer and im gonna die from skin cancer when im 40.

>Do you feel any different physically from your 20's?
I was a drug-addled alcoholic mess in my twenties, so I feel quite different physically m8
>>
File: 1452851141912.jpg (270 KB, 1000x648) Image search: [Google]
1452851141912.jpg
270 KB, 1000x648
This thread makes me feel better about ageing.

How is your skin oldanons?
>>
>>37483537
>the greatness of being fit in your 30s.
Namely your now elderly parent think you're gay, and the pressure of giving them grandchildren when you didn't get to fuck when you were in your twenties because you were a weak piece of shit but now after years of blood, sweat and tears you're a better man, a self made man, and all the women that surround you aren't worthy of a pity fuck yet alone carrying your progenitor.
>>

>best shape of my life
>gave up drinking and stopped using it as a social crutch
>feel the best mentally now
> bang sluts on the reg
> have good job, lots of money
> finishing up my MBA

so far so good, my petal tendon hurts a bit, but everything is great right now. Males peak in their 30s boys... hang in there.
>>
>>37483562
>you'll get there too after you've had a few practice gfs.
fuck you old man
>>
>>37483543
fuck off back to plebbit, summerfag
>>
>>37483637
>Males peak in their 30s boys
GOOD males peak, I already have arthritis in one elbow and a fucked knee because of a length discrepancy.
>>
>>37483637
>gave up drinking and stopped using it as a social crutch

same here. I'll have maybe 2-3 singles when we go out, rather than 8 before the bar, doubles and shots all night, etc..

Wish I'd have had this mentality 10 years ago desu
>>
File: 1465029518155.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
1465029518155.gif
1 MB, 207x207
>>37483619
>31
>In better shape then 99% of those in their 20's
>Baby face has given me a youthful appearance despite being in my 20's
>Woman who would turn their nose up at me in my 20's now lust for me and will get straight to the point as soon as they have a drink and tell me they want me
>Mfw I have the fucking power now and tell them to stop being degenerate whores.

Downside is I feel like this
>>37483619
>and all the women that surround you aren't worthy of a pity fuck yet alone carrying your progenitor.
>>
>31.5 years old
>high school athlete, stayed active all through my 20's
>currently in best shape of my life. strongest/ leanest

No age hasn't taken a toll on my body, partying/drinking/working crazy hours did. When I cut the booze out, ALL of my ailments, pains, energy loss disappeared. No alcohol at all, so fucking good.

I do need a full night sleep and a proper diet to feel peak level performance. But I have more energy now than I did in my 20's.

My face has aged a bit, my hair has receded a bit. It looks distinguished >embrace it

The best advice I can give for younger anons is to cut the drinking out or cut back greatly. I can't begin to express the life gains I have made because of this, it's something you have to experience yourself.
>>
>>37483713
>When I cut the booze out, ALL of my ailments, pains, energy loss disappeared. No alcohol at all, so fucking good.

Best advice I have gotten from here so far.
>>
>22
>losing my hair
>fucked up back
>much uglier than when I was a teen
>disgusting skinnyfat body

huh
>>
Most strength athletes peak in their thirties to forties.
>>
>>37483743

I wish I stopped earlier, but I wasn't ready.

It's insane to be out of drinking. I really don't want a drink at all. What's insane is to see how much our society revolves around drinking, and how much people sacrifice because they want to get a buzz on.

It's not easy at first to not drink, you realize A lot about yourself and sometimes you want to escape it, but there is nowhere to go. you are stuck with you.
>>
>>37483694
It's horrible isn't it?
I just can't shake the feeling of being invisible for three decades, missing out on "normal" experiences, and now having these sloppy tarts gunning for the d when that tight blonde over there eye fucking me while the poor dude next to her tries his hardest, but I can see him die a little on the inside because that dude used to be me, and I know that feeling.
Seriously fuck women and their R-K biological selection imprints.
Sometimes I feel like just telling guys to forget about women until they're 30 themselves.
Imagine if Everyman in the world 29 and under just stopped approaching women and treated them purely platonically? 100% equal with no regard for their sex or gender.
I think that would become a hell on Earth for them and I would relish it.
>>
>>37483475

People who say this shit are sedentary fucks who treat their bodies like shit and poison themselves with alcohol multiple times per week for years.

Bodies should hold up to strenuous lifting up until later 30s, after that you just need to be smarter about how you lift.

Prime lifting years are ages like 10-28 anyway. If you started lifting hard in your 20s or even late teens you're late to the elite party. Just lift and fuck whatever the world is doing or tells you to do.
>>
>>37483806
>What's insane is to see how much our society revolves around drinking, and how much people sacrifice
It's disgusting isn't it?
People literally poison and retard themselves for an evening of "fun" every Friday and Saturday night.
>>
File: 1464832914618.jpg (17 KB, 317x313) Image search: [Google]
1464832914618.jpg
17 KB, 317x313
>>37483562
>>37483525
>Younger girls love me.

37 here, this.

Welcome to /fit. Read the sticky. Now get out and be gentle with them girls.
>>
nice to see im not the only guy who came to the realization that binge drinking is for fucking degenerates.

I still drink, but severely less than I did when I was younger.
>>
>>37483403
Mid thirties here.

>Everything is lovely. I have to card girls regularly. Women my age know I've got better options.

>Aches and pains are nonexistent.

>Face is slim, you'll notice when comparing old photos that a rounder face is the main sign of aging - ie even if a person is literally just a few pounds overweight, it shows up in their cheeks first the older you get.
>>
>>37483882
I try not to think of it as disgusting or be judgemental about, even though it is my default thought, I feel empathy. I know what its like, i've been fortunate enough to pull my head out of that fog and I hope those around me get the same chance.
>>
>>37483882

They don't stop on just Friday/Saturday. Coworkers and acquaintances always talk about their roommates having massive hangovers on weekdays like that shit isn't going to affect them.
>>
>>37483403
26 here. Healthiest ive ever been so i have no reference but i shouldnt complain. Guess its all downhill from here. I wish i hadnt spent my teens eating biscuits. Fucking loose skin.
>>
>>37484339

I had to go to AA to get of the sauce.

it really helped my mental fitness
>>
32 here. I feel and look as I did when I was 21.

People don't believe me being 32. Live on water,

eat right, lift, and...

>Muh genetics
>>
If I was 30 and still browsing 4chan I'd kill myself 2bh. Fucking pathetic lmao.
>>
>>37484429
>If I was 30 and still browsing 4chan I'd kill myself 2bh. Fucking pathetic lmao.

this is actually the best combination of fitness/entertainment as far as online communities go. I don't browse any other boards, but /fit/ is a cool.

I bet you don't even lift
>>
>>37484459
not 30 yet, but agreed. I'll probably still be here when I hit 30.
>>
>>37483842
I feel exactly this way as well. Started dating some girl when I was skinnyfat after an injury. Made gains and now get mired all the fucking time. She lifts as well and is 7 years younger but nowhere near me looks-wise. She also can't make fucking gains for shit

We've been together for 3-4 years now and I feel ever increasing need to back out of the relationship to find some high test female with better looks.

Is this totally shallow of me? Nothing else in the relationship is really 'wrong'
>>
>>37483403
34 y/o here. I can feel aches and pains that never used to be around. Inflexibility and mobility issue compound as you get older. Can't eat like im 24 anymore. My best piece of advice I can give younger dudes is to stretch and do mobility everyday. Also never give a fuck what a bitch may or may not think about you.
>>
File: Gorilla.jpg (19 KB, 236x384) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla.jpg
19 KB, 236x384
>>37483842
>Imagine if Everyman in the world 29 and under just stopped approaching women and treated them purely platonically? 100% equal with no regard for their sex or gender.

Mate, Woman are physically and mentally inferior to men overall. They have their uses and are superior for some roles which usually involve emotional support such as a mother and some other professions.

If we stop approaching woman and disregarded them they would fucking kill themselves man.

Woman have no fucking uses besides being our emotional tampons and sex toys.

They are not our equal.

> Live on water
Go on...
>>37484429
Depends on how long you spend here.

While you are taking a shit or waiting for something? Sure

but if you come here and spend hours and hours refreshing. I can agree.
>>
>>37483618Looking nice, what's your routine bro?
>>
>>37483403
turning 30 this year never felt younger.
life is good.
no aging meme whatsoever.
>>
>>37483664
Hey there Eggman
>>
>>37484611
Just my personal opinion but stick with her.

I feel loyalty is a mans best attribute and is respected by other men especially.

You might just be getting bored of her which is normal after 3-4 years. I was the same after the 4th year of my last GF.

She left me due for other reasons but now I am with another girl and I plan to stay with her even if she balloons.

She has been loyal to you (I assume) so be loyal to her. Looks come and go but a woman you can tolerate for more then 15 fucking mins is hard.
>>
>>37483842
You just solved the problem of sexual violence! Nice one bro!
>>
>>37483475
I have friends my age, 26-30 range, who take months to recover if they trip while running. It all depends on how well you take care of your self.i feel the same as when I was 16 if not better, stronger and smarter. And I'm not even all that /fit/ I just consistently tire my muscles (including the heart) out and give them time to recover.
I really think consistency is the key.
>>
>>37484684
Not me. Saved for mirin later

No clue where hes from but also mirin. Assumed roided as fuck.
>>
>>37483403
>weaker
>body hurts
>lifting harder
>harder to make progress
>less energy
>skin turns to shit

Where the fuck did you hear all these inanities? No, you don't die when you turn 30. There's barely any difference, provided that you have a healthy lifestyle of course.

>>37483445
>>37483525
Can confirm, I'm pretty much in the same boat, I'm just three years older.

>>37483533
mh. Maybe you didn't train for so long? >>37484739
>consistency is the key.

>>37484420
Yep, same.

Also, may I add: you're less of an idiot when you're 30. You're more constant in your proposals, you're more self-aware of your goals, you don't do the stupid shits you've already done, you're more independent... and all this has nice feedbacks on your lifestyle and health. If you decide to care about it.
I feel like maybe - maybe - some men (and some women too) decide to care less if they engage in a meme marriage. At least, that's what I noticed. Maybe they've accomplished their biological goal and move to different ones, just an interpretation.

Anyway 30-something men are in no way (imho) comparable to 30-something women, unless they are really taking care of themselves and have some upper tier genetics.

>>37484647
Sure, you check more what you eat. Anyway I've more mobility now than at 23 - what gives? I always regarded the emphasis on stretch and mobility exercises as a meme. I do those when I have some stiff muscle after a training, and this doesn't occur often - and it doesn't occur more often. Maybe check your diet again? Diet makes a huge difference
>>
>>37483403
If you´re a man who excercise reguarly and have a good diet, then you should not worry. Keep lifting, do cardio, have a healthy diet and avoid drugs/alchohol.
>>
>>37484764
That's super gay bro, no offence.

I was worried that was natty. Was starting to feel pretty inferior.
>>
>>37483403
No, I was fat as a fatass in 2014. Lost 80, leaner than I have ever been now.
>Questions
no,no,no, I have pimples that I haven't had in 8 years.
>Advice
Discipline when your younger is better than regret in your older.
>>
>>37483403
Nearly 31.
Definitely harder as you get older but I think a lot of that is no only the ageing process, but all the increased responsibility and priority shifts as you get older. It takes more effort and self discipline to make sure you get the work done with diet and gym.
This is especially true if your motivation was banging hot chicks, and now you find yourself settled down with a wife and kids.
All my married friends are fat and weak.
I'm the only one with a reasonable body.
Feel better than ever tbqhfam.
>>
>>37484788
I have more half naked men then naked woman saved on my computer by at least 10:1

Nothing wrong with a mirin folder as long as it's just for looking and admiring. I use them for motivation and a goal.

>I was worried that was natty. Was starting to feel pretty inferior.
I have found the best way to tell if they are roided is to compare their bodies to those that already publicly say they roid or compare to those that very clearly roid with some sort of evidence.
>>
>>37484723
yeah i mean thats the thing. We get along really well, she's just below average looks but works really hard and has a great personality.

I guess i have this urge to bang sluts because I was awkward and shy in my early twenties and now that I'm more successful and jacked, I have sluts literally flinging themselves at me. You're right though, some one night stands are probably not worth it
>>
>>37484846
so you're saying masturbating to pictures of men is wrong?
>>
>>37483475
35 here. Kept lifting and HIITing for about the last 15 years.
>Experienced any of the ageing memes you heard about alot?
>The my aches and pains?
Elbow tendinitis, shoulder subluxes occasionally, and have to recover an extra day sometimes.
>My back hurts?
No, thank god.
>My wrinkles on my faces?
Babyface
>I gotta nap every day im so tired
Less tired. You need less sleep in your 30s than early 20s.
>My knees owe
No, thank god.
>Whats this strange mole, oh it's cancer?
Did have cancer at 31 (lymphoma), luckily caught early and had insurance (amerifat here), chemo and radiation, now 4 years cancer free. Feelsgoodman.
>Do you feel any different physically from your 20's? not including the gains you made
Most significant difference is that it is waaay easier to gain fat. In my 20s, I could have fast food now and then and as long as I worked out I'd at least pull even. Not any more. I can go from 6pack to spare tire with one bad weekend.

On the bright side, I'm mentally tougher than I was in my 20s, so if I set myself to drinking green tea and kale smoothies, I do it. I don't kid myself into thinking I have the potential I had at 22, but I just plain look better than I did then because I'm tougher and more diligent.
>>
>>37483403
I'm 41
Still pick up 21 year old college sloots at bars (and I don't even drink)
Can't lift as heavy as I used to due to joint issues but I can maintain what I have just fine

I think a lot of young guys on here start lifting in their 20s and get despondent when the girls aren't flocking to them when they get 16" arms. My only advice is to readjust your expectations because unless you're a) Brad Pitt b) loaded or c) traveling, attractive girls just aren't going to fall into your lap when you're a young man.

But it is absolutely vital that you keep lifting and stay lean. It pays dividends when you hit your 30s and most men your age become horribly out of shape.

Oh and stay the fuck away from strength training unless your goals are explicitly strength oriented. It's awful for your joints and will lead to injuries further down the road. Nobody cares about your DL 1RM, least of all women.
>>
>>37485032
>Oh and stay the fuck away from strength training unless your goals are explicitly strength oriented
Expand on this?
What determines if your lift is heavy enough to be awful for your joints?

I can OHP 60kg for 4 sets of 8 reps
Bench 120kg for 3 sets of 5 reps.

Is this in the danger zone? I do no DL or squat
>>
29 here
I feel fitter than ever
>>
29 here and never been in better shape

Young chicks (jailbait included) are miring hard. Life is good.

Only noticable thing is I need way more time to recover after getting wasted. Like at least 2 days
>>
I'm 33 and never felt better. I'm more focused, have more money in the bank and fuck a lot more than I did in my 20s.

Don't know if other anons feel the same, but not being broke is actually a huge boost to fitness levels. You can eat better quality meals, pay for extra activities, have a small weight room + boxing bags at home because you no longer live in your mom's basement or some shit-tier student room and unlike what people say, you actually have more free time because you don't have to stay awake until 4 in the morning writing shit to your university. The moment you walk out of the office, the day belongs to you and only you.

I don't miss being 20, but in all honesty I'm worried about the incoming 40s, I bet they will suck fitness wise.
>>
File: 1465273762800-fit.jpg (53 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
1465273762800-fit.jpg
53 KB, 323x400
>>37483403
31 here. I'm in the best shape of my life, stronger than ever. I get a lot more 20-something girls mirin'. Not sure if it's that I'm more confident, fit, or both. Never had a problem with bad skin, but I did get shingles last year, probably from stress of moving and starting a new job.
I'm enjoying the 30's so far, a lot more than my 20's. I have my shit figured out, a good career, money in the bank and a decent lifestyle.
My wife was chubby for most of her 20's. She went keto, started lifting and looks better than I've ever seen. The wall doesn't always hit after 30, sometimes women get better later in life. Starting chubby helped her develop a personality.
If you aren't on your way to figuring out your shit by 28, you're fucked. If you do figure it out, your 30's can be fucking awesome.
>>
>>37484846
As long as you're not masturbating to them, ya scamp ;)

Just don't want to fall into the bitter DYEL trap, but that's a good rule of thumb
>>
35yo oldfag here

Did curlbro horseshit in my 20s made no gains. Started barbells around 30 and got into it more seriously around 32. Current 1RMs are 170,300,315,460 on ohp,bench,squat,dead.

I found I could make good, but slow gains. Hit 300lb bench right after my 35th birthday. I should be a lot further on considering I've been lifting properly for 5y, I don't know if it's age or if it's lack of sleep due to work & 3 kids, or a couple of hard resets due to pneumonia, and one time I injured myself doing leg press (never again).

Well at least I have 2 sons and 1 daughter who are gonna train the right way from the start, and become solid by the time they're 20
>>
>>37485394
Hows life with kids anon.

How do you deal with less free time and management?
>>
>>37483403

I'm 27 and started lifting only 1 1/2 years ago.
Too late for gains desu senpai
>>
>Personally I am 25 and I have nobody else in my life to ask these questions to.
>I have already started to moisturise my face avoid the sun as much as possible.

you should've done this a long time ago buddy. i've been doing this since i was 14-15 and i'm 25 now. i get people telling me i look 18 daily.

the rest of my body is at its peak right now. just ran 9 miles up hill on sunday. no signs of slowing down.
>>
>>37483403
26yo here only recently started lifting (with serious intent). My joints get hurt easily, gotta wear compression sleeves. That has more to do with terrible diet, alcoholism, lack of exercise, and bad form during the previous years of my life though.
>>
Closing in on 28 and overall pretty happy with my life.
I do have a number of nagging pains and injuries that come and go due to the years of lifting, but honestly they're all from doing stupid shit that's caught up to me, moreso than just my body deterioating due to age.
>>
File: Self-Portrait as a Young Man.jpg (127 KB, 720x1105) Image search: [Google]
Self-Portrait as a Young Man.jpg
127 KB, 720x1105
stupid ass bitch! men only get better the older they get. 30 is not even prime age for a man. Take renaissance painting master Bernini for instance. Here he is at 25( just like you faggot ass baby face ), all baby faced and looking like a dumb-ass weak piece of shit. Then him at 37 looking like a man who can get shit done right. In closing, men are going to have better skin, higher bone and muscle maturity and overall a better body than little faggot 20 year olds.
>>
>>37483403
>>How have you noticed ageing take a toll on your health, fitness and your body?

No because I'm not a woman.
>>
>>37486093
>>
>>37486093
>>37486118
This is weirdest shit I've seen all week. Get the fuck out, you freak.
>>
getting old and weak is a normie meme for people who drank through their 20s
>>
>>37486204
He's right though you fucking bitch
>>
I'm 23 now. Hopefully by the time I'm thirty I'll have at least entered medical school and be on my way to pursue a career as an anesthesiologist. Still a lot of pre requirements to complete.
>>
>>37486236
kek why so late bro, good luck though!

I'm 23 myself, 5th year medical student. 1,5 years and i'll start my specialisation.
>>
>>37483403
I'm not quite 29.
Small pains seem to gather more easily and take longer to go away than they used to, but none of them are special new pains, just the same soreness or back tweaks I've ever gotten. In fact, from all the squatting my knees are stronger than they've ever been and only hurt when I have the flu.
I got a serious sunburn this weekend and I honestly seem to be recovering better than the last serious one I had.
Missed sleep hurts me much worse, that's the biggest thing I've noticed. In college if I got only 5 hours of sleep I'd be tired and groggy; now I feel like half a human, and existence is pain.
Skin seems fine, maybe a couple very fine lines around my eyes, but I've been doing basic skin care stuff (moisturizer and sunscreen, mild exfoliation twice a week) for almost as long as I've been lifting.
It is harder to make progress in lifts, but I think that's because it's been 6 years and I'm nearing the limits for the amount of work (and chemicals) I'm willing to put in.

I'm definitely still on a slow upward trend of horniness, which is weird because I'd always heard that peaked around 20 years old.
>>
>>37486416
Hornyness peaks a year or two after the start of puberty, so like 14-15 years old
>>
>>37486469
I am 25 and I masturbate around 5-10 times per day.

I remember when I was in highschool I'd be lucky to hit 2 times.

That brings up a good point. Those who are in their 30's.
How hard is your cock? Still a diamond like in your 20's? or is it softer? Can you get it up easy?
>>
>>37486299

Because I went to nursing school first straight out of high school. Thought it would be worth it. Now I'm done and I've realized that a doctor's work is much more interesting than a nurse. I've worked with a lot of anesthesiologists and their job is a lot cooler than most doctors.

And at this point it will be harder for me to take a masters in nurse anesthesia than getting into medical school.
>>
>>37486584
I'm not doubting your personal experience, I'm just stating that the average peak of hornyness for most people is around 15 years old rather than the 20 you believed it to be.

As for your other question, erectile dysfunction tends to increase with age, libido goes down as well. Though that is a slow progression and people in their 30's likely won't have any problems, it starts becoming more of a problem past the 50's.
>>
>>37486585
Anesthesiology is cool, it would be my second or third choice. The thing I miss is the long term follow up of patients. I've realized a big part of the joy of working as a 'future' doctor is the satisfaction of being able to help or cure people and their thankfulness for your service. As an anesthesiologist you miss out on this.

Best of luck, I gotta go and start my night shift at the gynaecology department ... (can't recommend it).
>>
File: 1454554385828.gif (948 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1454554385828.gif
948 KB, 500x280
>>37486585
Different anon but good luck.
I tried to get in and failed (Ausfag).

Tried in undergrad and failed then tried postgrad and failed.

Don't give up anon. If you can spare the time to prepare and get in do it.

I was not able to due to finances.
>>
>>37485868

I'm about your age, I haven't injured myself lifting, but I have plenty of injuries left over from being young and stupid and playing american football and skiing. Lifting is a way to prevent injuries for me, and while I tend to take fewer risks now, I think that overall it's paid off.
>>
>>37483403
>Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts? It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress? Do you feel like you have less energy? Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?
I'm 22 and I feel these things now...
>>
>>37486929
You doing cardio? It's important for those last two especially.
>>
>>37486808
>>37486822

Thanks guys.
>>
>>37483403
I'm 45. I've always been big and strong, despite living a mostly sedentary lifestyle. I go through spurts of hyper-dedication and build muscle and lean down. I was indestructible until I hit 40. I then started having minor pains and stiffness. I'm in one of those periods of hyper-dedication and I feel fantastic; about what I remember it feeling like when I was at my peak, in my late 20's. I'm pushing just as much weight around, I just have to be really carefully of how I unrack the weights and maneuver with them. I also very rarely stretch or work on mobility, so that would probably help greatly toward my pain issues.

Good luck! Getting older and dealing with with mortality isn't pleasant.
>>
>>37485593
>Hows life with kids anon.

It's very hard initially. You're used to doing things outside work on your own schedule and suddenly you have this little tyrant who doesn't give a shit about your plans or whims.

Going from one to two is the hardest though - previously I could take turns with my wife, but with 2 you can forget about free time until both kids are asleep.

Going 2 to 3 isn't as bad as 1 to 2 because you're already used to having almost no free time.

>How do you deal with less free time and management?

I manage to find time to lift 4x a week by having a home gym.

But more importantly, I deal with it by sticking to a schedule and strict, clear division of duties between me and my wife. E.g. I made it clear before we had kids that she will be the one to deal with them when they wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason. If you find yourself in a position with a woman who wants to get married and have kids, make it absolutely clear from the beginning what your expectations of her are and you are/are not willing to sacrifice, and hold her to these promises.
>>
>>37487231
I'll add that my skin is still pretty good. Most people are surprised when they find out I'm 45. However, I've never smoked, never drank, and never done any drugs. My only vice is a propensity for a shit diet. It's probably a little genetic, as well. My Mom looked very youthful until her lung disease started killing her.
>>
41 here, have always taken care of myself, still moving and running and lifting like I used to.

stretching and mobility is important. diet is super important.
>>
File: IMAG1001b.jpg (73 KB, 388x593) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1001b.jpg
73 KB, 388x593
>>37483403
30 year old anon here. The age where teens still mire you and you are old enough to get respect from older people

I started working out again when I was 24 after having done nothing for 6 years. I grew up playing a lot of sports, swimming, speed skating, judo and hockey. In the end I only played hockey and the team aspect killed the fun for me.

I look better than ever, feel stronger and healthier than ever before.

I have yet to come across some of these ageing memes, if any its older guys that blame the lack of motivation and or results on age. Yes you do get older but just be the best looking older guy among your group of older guys.
>>
>>37487457
Goal body right here
>>
>>37487457
Are you from the Netherlands by chance?
>>
>>37487723
thanks
>>37487769
yes
>>
>>37487782
>>37487723
>>37487457

Pls be in Heemskerk
>>
>>37483403

32 here.

i noticed my metabolism did start to slow down when i turned 28.

aside from that, injuries tend to take a little longer to heal but i really don't lift any different than i did in the past.

i have less energy, but i also don't sleep enough so that would be why (6 hours a night). i just tell myself i'll sleep when im dead.

on the bright side, steroids are becoming more acceptable to use lolol
>>
>>37487457

no offense but you do have a body of like 18 years old boy.

Still jacked and mirin.

But this kills my dreams, seems like people with smaller frames like you and me can't become bearmodes when they get older :(
>>
Not bad for 32 I guess, haven't had any of the age-related problems people say happen at 30. Only difference I feel is less people give a shit about fitness at this age.
>>
>>37483403
Fucking hell, yes. I'm 31 and I can feel death's cold breath on my neck. I stopped lifting 3 years ago and I've turned into a skinnyfat slob since then.

Occasional backpain and my general physique is mostly due to work. I've decided to set my career as the highest priority right now, so my body and mental health are paying the price. But you have to decide that for yourself, whether you're willing to look like a fat fuck for a few years in order to grab the career and job of your dreams.

I'm hoping that I can shed these flabs once my goal is reached.

What I'm saying is that age alone isn't the reason itself why people start feeling shit and tired, it's usually because lots of people in their 30s have to put fucking everything into their jobs in order to reap the benefits in your 40s and later on..
>>
File: pοl.png (26 KB, 121x160) Image search: [Google]
pοl.png
26 KB, 121x160
>>37487782
pls be in (utrecht)
>>
>>37483403
>37483403
45, gains aren't as fast as they used to be, but hell i did a half iron man last month, age only affects those who sit!
>>
31 here, I was a fat lazy shit for 15 years and just started trying to get back into fitness about a year ago. I feel better than I did throughout my 20's but definitely not making gains as quickly as I did back in high school when I worked out for football and wrestling. I've realized it's probably too late to hope for elite numbers but if I can get to like 1/2/3/4 and something approximating my goal body I'll be happy.
>>
26 skelly here, I don't even lift. So you're telling me it's still not to late? Here I gooou!
>>
File: 1430418131353.jpg (35 KB, 442x279) Image search: [Google]
1430418131353.jpg
35 KB, 442x279
>tfw no dilf bf
>>
>>37483403
31 and about to be 32 in a couple of months
Nope i quit smoking 3~4 years ago so probably my health hasnt been better.
>Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts? It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress?
ive been lifiting for 7 weeks and i bench, squad and deadlift more than i could when i was a "i wanna look swole" 18 y.o. And i think is easier to make progress because im a lot more patiance and i know everything is step by step, press by press etc and im in no rush.
>Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?
Not really.
>>
File: 1463887070947.jpg (103 KB, 1000x968) Image search: [Google]
1463887070947.jpg
103 KB, 1000x968
>>37488119
iktf senpai
>>
File: hormesis.png (823 KB, 848x643) Image search: [Google]
hormesis.png
823 KB, 848x643
I look better than I did 3 years ago. It's going ok for me, balding a bit though. Staying up late also seems to take a big toll.
>>
>>37483403
I'm 29 will be 30 this winter. I think I'm ageing damn good. People think I'm in my early 20s, someone thought I was 19.

I never smoked, only drink socially
Drink water all day
Get good sleep
I always wash my face with cold water, exfoliate, moisturize
I've taken collagen pills since I was 25
no injuries, no pain

I don't have any of those fucked up around the eye wrinkles, because I always sleep on my back.
>>
>>37487040
Yes, I commute 5-10 miles/day on my bike.
>>
48. Bench 4pl8, Dead 6pl8. Never stronger but joint pain sucks.
>>
>>37487973
is this the natty peak?
>>
>>37488177
dyel? No injuries? How long have you been lifting for?
>>
>>37483806
>>37483882
Buncha nancy ass teetotalers, I've got 5 years on you and I still love drinking with my friends and have no plans to stop anytime soon.
Probably helps that I'm in Japan and we have a much more positive drinking culture here without the shadow of puritanism looming up and trying to tell you drinking is a "vice" or a sin.
>>
>>37488354
i agree, as adults people have been drinking throughout their lives in the US, except for recently due to the womanization of our children. Boys get raised by their mothers, and girls get told they are god. It's created a disgusting, mouth-breathing parallel society that smells their own excerement and finger fuck their phones whenever theyre in public having to wait for something for more than 5 sec (i.e. in line for Chipotle or on the subway).
>>
>>37483403
>Anyone here who is 30+ or getting close to 30?
I'm 27
I look the same as I did 8 years ago. And Aside from a few injuries from Judo, I'm stronger than ever.
>Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts? It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress? Do you feel like you have less energy? Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?
Haven't experienced this yet, but like you I've started moisturizing and using sunscreen. Maybe I've noticed I have a little less energy than when I was 20, hard to say. My diet could be much better though.
>>
Biggest things I can think of to staying youthful:

>Avoid drugs and alcohol.
The reason a lot of people age poorly is because they drank/drink too much. If drinking is apart of your social life try to limit it to 1-2 a night instead of getting smashed.
>Get into a good sleeping habit.
Irregular sleeping patterns will age the fuck out of you.
>Regular cardio and strength training
As we all know.
>Moisturize/Sunscreen on your face
Most moisturizers are spf15 anyway.
>Take care of your teeth
Once you hit your 50s-60s you'll be grateful you did. I do tax returns during the tax season and most of the older clients spend fortunes on dental bills. Biggest tip aside from regular brushing/flossing is to sip on water after eating/drinking anything. It neutralizes acids in the food and beverages which means less wear on your teeth. I drink coffee like a fiend and my teeth are not stained.

That's it for now
>>
File: 23603371.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
23603371.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
>>37488760
A dentist told me to brush my teeth right after eating citrus fruits.

Now I have no enamel left
>>
>>37483445
This. Didn't start working out until 29 so my uhh sample size is a bit skewed. Was 250 cruising into 30 years old. Ran a retarded diet on like 1700 kcal? Doing also retarded amounts of cardio made zero gains and dropped down to 170 within 5 months. Finally read the sticky stopped cardio bulked on 3500-4 kcal clean to 200 now cutting on 3kcal sitting at 190 11% BF. I'm in the best shape I've been in in my life. I had knee pangs when I was obese shits gone now even while squatting atg. Libido is going fucking crazy can bang out 3 nuts in 1 session. I honestly wish I started sooner but hey that's life. Since I've upped my water intake 100 fold my skin is alot smoother dont get random spurs of acne anymore and I look like I've lost 5 years of age off my face. I've had my ID get declined more than a handful of times. Even had to recite my fucking DL number its kinda absurd I should probably take a new pic lol.
>>
>>37483509
Are you me?
35, started losing weight after my son was born. Started lifting 3 years ago. Down 70 pounds still need to lose another 40.
Some aches and pains. Left knee feels funny sometimes.
Mostly I'm just pissed I wasted my 20's. I feel like this would have come a lot easier / faster.
>>
>28
>I don't feel tired just because of my health
>on weekends I notice if I can I will sleep for 10+hrs
>nothing really feels wrong with me
>just saw a chick from my high school back in the day ....she looks haggard as fuck now and she was a 8/10 athlete chick while I sitll have a baby face that can pass for a senior in HS

As long as you take care of yourself and joints you won't have a problem.
>>
I am 33and have finally gotten into atg squats and run 30 miles a week, more than ever before.
>>
>>37483403
31 here.

Nah i feel stronger than ever. I dont think i have the agility and flexibility i had when i was 25, but i feel fine.

Honestly i think its more a function of weight than age. Im 6'2'' 210, back then i was 195ish.

My only real complaint is my joints. I get tendonitis easier and it takes longer for it to go away. I feel like im more conscious of them now.
>>
What are older anons thoughts on weed? I prefer it over alcohol, and I think it helps me think differently when I'm talking with friends who have the same mindset/degree of self-awareness as me.
>>
>>37490641
Don't waste your time.
>I prefer it over alcohol
Do you need to have one or the other?
>and I think it helps me think differently when I'm talking with friends who have the same mindset/degree of self-awareness as me
You really need to stop smoking
>>
>>37483403
I'm 33 and do feel a bit weaker like i can't lift as much but I'm also at that age where i don't give a fuck and just take steroids.
>>
age is a number

if you eat well and train properly it doesnt really matter how old you are
>>
I'm this guy here >>37479366 , will be turning 32 in October and am in the best shape of my life.

Granted I only started taking charge of myself when my 30s were looming ahead of me and I was faced with the possibility of entering them as a fat fuck.

In my mind the rumored decrepitude of being 30 is what motivated me to get my shit together, I figured if all I heard was true it would only get harder the older I got up until I'd be some shapeless blob too far gone, too fatigued, too burdened with life to take charge of myself.

So I started simple.
No gym membership in the beginning.
First six months I'd do daily bodyweight circuits.
Cut out shitty foods at not eat after 6pm.
Did mma a few times a week.
Rest is history.

Skin is always shit.

This is a pic from after I'd already lost a good 20-30lbs six months into it.
>>
>>37483760
>skinnyfat
maybe you should quit lurking and start lifting
>>
>>37488170
you on dat dere celltech?
>>
>>37483605

> falling for the tanning meme

enjoy your shitty skin when you're older
>>
>>37488170
ITS TAPE
>>
I am 32. My joints hurt and my cardio has gone for shit, but I am basically the same person I was in my twenties.
>>
40 here, only noticed a significant change in the past couple of years. At 35 I was still running circles around early 20s guys playing football (soccer). At 40 Im still fit healthy and running up hills with all my snowboard gear. Only my very peak has lowered.

Don't worry about your 30s bros, Tbh I'm not even worried about my 40s.
>>
>>37483403

No but I sleep a shit ton.

Your body is probably going to hurt regardless if you're doing weight lifting in any serious capacity. Energy is the same. Skin is the same. Again, probably because I sleep a lot.

>I'd like to hear anything you have experienced while getting older and any tips you have for younger anons here.

Don't get fat to begin with. Pick a good college and engage yourself. Learn to teach yourself and do plenty of research outside of class. This will make you a better person overall as you won't need a teacher outside of your classes for normal things.

There's not much that can be done if you are aging and beginning to sleep less. Why the fuck the body thinks it needs to sleep less as you age is something you could do some research on.
>>
>>37491741

Oh and I forgot to add something after reading some posts: my acne went away completely in my 20s. It was (and still is) freaking great.
>>
>>37483403
I am about to be 34, and i look better, and younger now than i did at 25. Of course i was 260lbs fat mess, and now i'm 200lbs of muscle. I also have a baby face, and all my hair so that makes a difference to. I am also stronger than i have ever been. One thing though i don't take steroids, eat well, and only take creatine, and whey. I built my physique slowly over the last 8 years.
>>
3x here, it takes 2 days to recovers, 1+ week with squats and dl. it is so fucking easy to get overtrained it's not even funny. I guess the decay started somewhere ~27, can't pinpoint since I wasn't doing any sports in the 20's
>>
>>37491271
Nein, also that is actually less than 2 years progress as I didn't lift for the first year in between those pics.
>>
>>37483403
Honestly I look better now,
besides losing like an inch of my height and being confirmed manlet from years of rucking and jumping out of airplanes.
I was very boyish looking always, my skin has leathered a bit, I have a beard and high cheekbones, a little bit of a widows peak, but I still look young for my age. At 27 it's not really a bad thing, people think i'm now in the 21 range.
When I was younger only alternative/goth chicks would date me because I was feminine also.
Started lifting, hungry skeleton turned into pretty decent male.

I am
>sleeping like 6 hours a night now
>in a little bit more pain when it comes to leg exercises, my upper body is fine
>still sexually stimulated regularly, though the adrenaline like desire to rape women after working out has faded somewhat. I now just think about it instead of going to the nearest bathroom and jerking off
>slight memory loss, things I use to never forget like keys I actually have to stop and think about for a second

biggest thing I can give in advice, mental health.
lots of guys focusing on their bodies as they age and not their lives/happiness.
keep your mind sharp, don't lay around on days off find a hobby or something that keeps the brain ticking.

that and little things like jumping off the top of your car randomly cause ankle pain where as when you were a teenager you could jump off a house and not feel a thing.
>>
35, natty, still prime as fuck. If you don't fuck your body over you have no excuses until your late 30s.
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 844x513) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 844x513
I'm almost 40.

My work was on on create floors walking around a lot so my knees are pretty banged up.

I've been lifting since my 20's, so it's a matter of maintaining... Which is still easier than rebuilding I can guarantee you that, esp as you get older.

I have less tolerance for womyns bullshit, I ditch them if I sense nonsense. It's my way or the highway ladies, plenty of manlets out there but few of us Men.

Some mornings are rougher than others, but overall I'm still down for marathon boning sessions and 5 times a day is not unusual. But I guess I'm a natural freak lol

Overall getting older doesn't suck. I have hair in places I didn't have before, like my ears and now I have to shave the back of my neck every week or so. But I'm taking it like a second puberty, except now IDGAF.

TL;dr: getting old is alright as long as you stay active.
>>
Fuck no OP, I am 30 plus 1 month, in the best condition of my entire life and I am only getting more ripped by the day.

My dad told me he was in his prime at 40, i remember, I'm still trying to get them guns.

I believe when you mentally think the odds are stacked against you, it's over. Otherwise you're always either staying put or making gains. Age is all in your head, don't let it get to you.

Stay active, forever.
>>
>>37492191
prime is subjective
>>
>>37492191
i like this mentality, though. not using excuses and continuing staying active, forever, implying workout change yet sustainability.
>>
>all these 30 year olds bragging about chasing younger girls

you guys are fucking losers lol. how about pulling younger girls when you're actually young? fucking old pathetic fucks lmao
>>
>>37492267
who cares bruh you need to get out in major cities more often and see the couples.
>>
File: 1463708960375.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463708960375.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>37492267
>>
>>37492232
what isn't subjective ye cunt

really, objectivity requires that you believe that other people are real and experience the same reality that you do in the same way that you might.

believing other people are real and that there is a reality outside of yourself is a belief... ye cunt.
>>
File: FTqtIeo.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FTqtIeo.webm
2 MB, 640x640
29 here. I'm a useless piece of shit trying to turn it all around. Every day is pain and I feel like a wet noodle with a coat hanger shoved in the middle of it to keep it semi-straight. Been trying to get into some basic level of shape other than a sad sack. A lot of the gritting of teeth and motivational music involved. Unfortunately have fucked up all the veins and nerves leading up through the back of my head so I frequently feel like my brain is being electrocuted when I get into high strain activities, but that's life.
>>
>>37483403
30 year old
>Is it true you feel much weaker and your body hurts?
No, I have no injuries, my joints don't get sore and I'm stronger and weight less than I did at 25
>It lifting harder and is it harder to make progress?
Maybe but I haven't noticed yet
>Do you feel like you have less energy?
No, I actually feel like I have more energy but that's probably because I'm sleeping much better as I don't feel the need to party as much
Is it true your skin turns to shit really easily?
Nope
>>
>>37492232
>>37492317
what is objective is peak test and hgh levels
>>
My dad went through special forces assessment and selection when he was 29, passed, then spent the next two years in the Q-course, finishing at 31.

my dad could ruck 120lbs and shit in his early 30's, all while being a 5'10 155lb manlet, and you're here moisturizing your face and avoiding the sun at 25...
>>
File: shocka.jpg (710 KB, 1262x1992) Image search: [Google]
shocka.jpg
710 KB, 1262x1992
>read these posts and thinking 'boy, i'm glad I'm not that old'
>realize I turn 25 next year

It's not that far off huh
>>
>>37492322
just stop being a faggot, set goals, execute, do not stop until you have completed your goals. that's literally the only trick.

Understand where you are
Understand what you want
Plan on how to get to where you want to be
Decide on a path, make plan
Execute plan
See that it's finished

Even if you are still a fucking spaghetti noodle after years of this, you will still be better than most for having the discipline to execute.
>>
>>37492350
it´s not like you can change it so just deal with it
>>
>>37492350
"you're young you're old i'm young i'm old blah blah"
>>
>22
>wake up with lower back pain every day
>torn acl in right knee still leaves me at 70% in that knee
>broken nose makes me almost unable to breathe through my nose
>get shin splints from walking longer than 1 hour

fml
>>
>>37483403

im turning 30 in august feeling like im 18.
no signle wrinkle in my face despite being an ex weed smoker and drinker, and early bloomer. i feel stronger than ever, actually. but thats maybe because i lift
>>
>>37492548
get stronger. push yourself but not too far, just enough. you will end up having no excuses at all.
>>
Question: I'm not even that old (28) but since about 1-2 years I'm having problem with injuries. Nothing major: muscles strains, mostly in my back, some join problems with knees and wrists.

I try to pay attention to my form and it's Ok. Could it be better? Sure! But don't do anything stupid and most of the strains seem to come when I'm properly braced, doing everything as it should with a relatively high weight.

I bought Becoming a Supple Leopard and doing some of the routines there helped. Until last Saturday when once again I strained some muscle in my back.

It's annoying because I don't feel like I'm making any progress. Each time I have a strain I deload and work up to my max. Sometimes I get a strain when I'm over it, right now I didn't even work up to it.

I'm frustrated but don't know what to do. Any tips?
>>
>>37483403

38 here.

After getting /fit/ I'm back to where I was in my late twenties. In fact, I'm stronger than I was back then. Injuries take a little longer to heal though.

Rest is more important really.
>>
>>37483543

Anon, some of us started watching back in the late eighties. Back in the day I used to have to rent anime from this mom & pop video store that happen to carry a few anime movies/short series, and then stack two VCR's to copy the tape.
>>
hair and beard are graying, but i still look really young

>tfw working film actor and still read for 18 year olds

from a fitness perspective, you just have to pay more attention to your body. you can't work through things anymore. I have bad elbows so I just have to pay more attention to it.

Biggest thing I notice is I absolutely cannot drink the night before a workout. Like, drinking is exclusively reserved for after a morning workout, before a rest day, because I just can't fucking function.

30 - 35 is the golden time, boys. You have money, if you did your shit you still look good, and you'll be able to pull in those desperate chicks in their early twenties who don't expect commitment.
>>
File: 1378388853905.jpg (21 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1378388853905.jpg
21 KB, 200x200
>>37483760
fuck am i schizophrenic?
>>
>>37483618
You look like a fucking model #nohomo
>>
File: 1459469453279.png (610 KB, 747x719) Image search: [Google]
1459469453279.png
610 KB, 747x719
>>37494477
You look like a summerfag.
>>
>>37483694
I thought im the only one, maybe i feel greatful that my mum gave her genetics of baby face.

Downside is no one will take me seriously when im discussing on topic usually beyond my age, because i look too damn young and people find it hard to believe im 28.
>>
>>37483403
30 nearing 31 here. Less fit than when I was at uni (mostly due to training less) but no major complaints which weren't preexisting
>>
>>37483403
29 here and i'm in my prime now. Brain, body and bitches attention.
>>
30 here. Didn't start lifting seriously until this year.

I feel a bit slow, because I got fat when I quit skateboarding, but like others have said, never been stronger.
>>
Isn't 30 the age when a male truly hits his physical and mental prime? Most 30 year olds I know look great and are in good shape.
>>
I'm 45
and I wish I didn't loose so many years being lazy fatass playing vidya and devouring tons of shit
now lifting for a year, doing some cardio, biking and never felt better

If you think you can have problem with age, I call it huge fucking bullshit
age is just a number, being dumb lazy landwhale is what lowers your peak
>>
31 but on TRT so I feel fine
>>
SOON I'LL BE 30 YEARS OLD
>>
>>37495365
on how much do you cruise?
>>
>>37483403
I'm 21 and I basically have the ailing body of a 35+ year old.

>Shit knees
>Fucked lower back
>Weak shoulder
>>
>>37495228
t. muhammed expert
>>
>>37495401
125mg/week + 500IU HCG 2x/week
>>
>>37485032
37yo here, agreed on the bit about younger girls. Girls in their 20's don't want guys the same age. Hell, met a nineteen year old Asian cutie and popped her cherry, we meet to fuck and she also asks for advice on life and stuff. That was three years ago, we still see each other and she's totally enamored with me. My gf is 24, total sweetie. Gonna have to drop the side bang if I get married, but all in all, life is better than it was in my 20's. If you guys are gonna marry, find a girl without a ton of priori-- yeah, those girls have some unrealistic expectations, but they won't be burnt out relationship-wise and they'll treat you with way more respect than one with a resting bitch face.
>>
>>37485032
I too would appreciate more information about what a more experience guy things is "too heavy" for long term joint maintenance

> Around when should someone level off the weights and move to maintenance lifting?
>>
>>37495781
32 here, where are you meeting these girls? I have 0 interactions with girls in their 20s.
>>
>>37483403
I'm 32 and in fantastic shape, but here are the two biggest things I've noticed:

1- I can't bang out as many lifting sessions as I did when I was 22. 3/week is the perfect number, when it used to be 4 or 5.

2- Age doesn't fix autism. I'm just as sleepy as ever, despite being in my prime. I've got a middle class job, paid off house and car, no debt, physically fit, and still can't pull tail to save my life. It takes deliberate practice I guess, it sure hasn't resolved itself naturally.
>>
>>37496574
*sleepy = spergy
>>
>>37492345
Teenagers have the highest levels, but they haven't had the time to build much muscle yet. You can have older guys with more muscle but lower test.
>>
>>37496689
no they do not. you hit peak test at mid 20s to early 30.

you start to develop and release more during teen years compared to the prepubescent phase.

some > none
PEAK > some
>>
File: Snapchat-1006041704742703357.jpg (547 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1006041704742703357.jpg
547 KB, 1080x1920
>>37483403
I'm 29 and I've never been in better shape or even looked half as good as I do now.. I'm getting pussy on the regular and I'm not experiencing any age related fatigue or pain
>>
>>37483475

28 here

The my aches and pains?

None

My back hurts?

Sore after working out, otherwise no

My wrinkles on my faces?

Nope

I gotta nap every day im so tired

Fuck no

My knees owe

Knees are perfectly fine

Whats this strange mole, oh it's cancer?

Not really age related, but no

Do you feel any different physically from your 20's?

I feel pretty much exactly the same as I did when I was 18, except I have a lot less enthusiasm for drinking and partying all night
>>
>>37496988

Fuck, I forgot to greentext. Whatever.
>>
25 here

will it get better?
>>
>>37496891
>dat face though
im sorry
>>
>>37497014
If you make it better. I think that's the one thing getting older has taught/reinforced. Just man up and do what needs to be done and leave failure to the self indulgent whiners.

25 is as good a time as any to start. You will watch the rest of your cohort deteriorate while you improve.
>>
>>37483788
>dat y chromosome
feels good man
thanks dad owe you one
>>
>>37483403
>31
>No toll whatsoever so far
>Not weaker, not harder to make progress, not less energy
FYI, it's lifestyle, not age, that causes problems prior to your 60s. Normies sit at a desk all day, come out, eat shit, sit on a couch all night, get 5 hours of sleep and then post "Haha really hit a wall at 30!" on Facebook. You adapt to your environment, so keep the gym part of your environment.
>>
27-33 is your prime age just try harder
>>
>>37484681
While I agree that women aren't as smart or as strong as men generally, the whole "huurrr women are just for cummies" mentality is toxic. Men can accomplish great things on their own, but with the support of a woman in a functional marriage and especially when there's kids involved, men can accomplish some outstanding things. Women are supportive people and not leaders naturally, but they are incredible at being supportive figures.

>inb4 cuck, feminist, fag, etc

I don't believe in equality at all, I just understand that women play as vital a role in society as men do. Men can outskill women on an individual level, but it takes both man and woman to make more men.
>>
>>37483403
36 here, nothing wrong with my skin, but then again, I don't drink nor smoke. And I still lift like nobody's business. Relax, bro.
>>
File: cropped_jagr.jpg (85 KB, 1280x966) Image search: [Google]
cropped_jagr.jpg
85 KB, 1280x966
>> Pic Related 44 years old with no signs of stopping
>> Still plays better then most 20 year old in the league
>> Does ridiculous late night workouts after every game
>> mfw hitting the wall at 30
>>
>>37497987
Old enough to know you should get a proper fucking haircut
>>
A healthy 30yo shouldn't feel any noticeable difference to being in their early 20s

Its when you approach 40 and over when you start feeling old. Or so I've been told by some older dudes.

regards m28
>>
>>37497987
That's just because Jagr is one of the best to ever play the game, period. In the same conversation as Gretzky, Lemieux, Yzerman, etc
>>
>>37488354
>>37488546
Found the shitty advice.

"LOL no one pays attention to me in public because they're on their phones!" WAAAAAHHHHHHH.

Have another drink and keep convincing yourself your future self won't be regretting it.
>>
>>37492267
Found the YOLO faggot who thinks skipping meals by popping adderall and drinking won't catch up to him.
>>
>>37498173
40yo here, its hard fucking work at this age
>>
>>37487457
>>37487878
>this
nice body but it looks more of that of someone thats 18 to 21
>>
>>37483403
33 here.

I don't think you really have to worry about age slowing you down until you hit 40+. I'm stronger now than I was at 23 - used up my noob gains but am training lot more intelligently. Not finding metabolism is noticeably slowing down. Still got a good thick head of hair with no receeding.

The only slight things I notice are that injuries linger a bit longer now. And also I like to take a power nap in the afternoon if I'm able. Other than that its all good.
>>
28 here

I feel better than I ever have.
> also my t level is as high as it has ever been (tested every 2 years)

That said, I'm a late bloomer - still can't grow a full beard
>>
>>37483453
I had fucking shit skin for most of my teens and twenties. Constant acne breakouts and permanent backne. It only cleared up in my late 20s. So I'd definitely say that aspect hasnt gotten worse with age, quite the opposite in fact.
>>
>>37483403
Who is this semen demon
>>
>all these people in their mid-30s
>tfw you're shitposting with people your age
>>
>>37483618
Clark Kent is that you?
>>
>>37483403
I am horny as a teenager,but I thank cardio for that
Harder to get ripped
I crave complex carbs like a mofo, fruits and veggies
I can eat junk, but I feel like that is not a meal. I'm not satisfied until I have my pasta or rice
But take into account: I do zero coffee, alcohol or tobacco
>>
>>37483618

what do you use in your hair?

no homo but you are one handsome dude
>>
>>37496509
Vagina Village
>>
>>37499535
It's not him summerfag.
>>
File: 1393286346032.jpg (21 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1393286346032.jpg
21 KB, 400x600
>>37483403

28 fag here, but I've honestly only seen gains and improvement as I've gotten older. When I was in my teens and early twenties, I dreaded getting older until I realized that I didn't relate to my peers with their aches, pains, and complaints. Granted I'm still under 30, but my perspective has changed to embracing growing older.

Pros:
>much more confident and self-assured in my abilities, both physically and mentally
>established--still entry-level career wise, but no more college, and I have a list of personal achievements under my belt
>developed the patience for long-term projects, passionate in writing, and have written two novels as a hobby
>women are fucking much easier, and it seems to be getting much easier as I get older. If only I could tell my younger self to not stress so much
>unwilling to settle for subpar women out of desperation/horniness, which has netted me hotter and better women than I thought possible compared to younger self
>don't care much about other people's opinions anymore, save for family and close ones
>stopped wasting time on worthless people
>stopped drinking about two years back, and have yet to reach a limit on mental and physical improvements
>10k runs actually feel good now
>feel great and more optimistic overall

Cons:
>I have to stretch once in a while to keep limber
>Sometimes take an ibuprofen if I'm really sore because I pushed myself farther than my younger self ever could on the best of days

I honestly believe, like others have pointed out in this thread, I think the gripe about getting older comes from people who never pushed themselves or made health/fitness a priority.

As for women, I think they all tend to have some level of a daddy complex, so older guys usually have the advantage.
>>
32 here. Only thing I've noticed is that I can't cut corners like I used to. I used to be OK getting shitty sleep and just chugging caffeine all day and going to the gym after. But now if I fuck up on diet or sleep I really pay for it in the gym.

Also it's harder to fuck 18 year olds. But way easier with 24 year olds.
>>
>>37483509
>>37490255
mein brethren. i'm 32, just started serious lifting. my weight has been up and down for the last few years, but i finally got my shit together, joined a gym, started a compound lifting routine, etc.

i can't imagine how i'll feel in ten years, but it worries me when i imagine being unfit in my 40s. as it is now, i can't push myself the way i did years back because it takes longer to recover, but once you figure that out everything else is cake.

i look at my peers who are out of shape and wish i could make them get off their asses because it's only going to get worse. but most of them were athletic in high school and/or college and act like they're burned out on being fit.
>>
i think up until you're about 40 or so experience, discipline, restraint etc trumps biology.

meaning a competent lifter at 30 will get better results than the typical 18 year old. (guys like Jeff Seid and that ugly as fuck Skywalker dude are absolute outliers.)

Think of the average late teens/early 20's dude at your gym, they're likely the ones wearing beats and a snapback who spend more time dicking their phones than lifting. Meanwhile the older bro's don't waste time, and get their lifting done and head out.

>tfw when you wish you would have started lifting at 15 rather than 31.
>>
We saiyans retain our youthfulness so we can fight longer.
>>
>>37496509
I met the 19yo at an event she was volunteering at, a cancer walk. I was just casually chatting with her and we went our ways, then I saw her later by herself. Turns out she was waiting for her parents to give her a ride. I approached and simply asked her if she was cool with meeting up to talk since we had good conversation, and she agreed, no pickup lines or PUA bullshit needed. Traded numbers, went on a date where things got awkward because I tried to get physical too soon, but she still wanted to keep meeting to chat, and it progressed from there. I later asked her what kept her coming despite our age diff, and she said it was looks and that I was able to make her comfortable when we talked.

tl, dr: It helps a lot to have facial aesthetics and be able to talk to a girl without sperging out. Younger girls think guys their age are immature, so being older is better.
>>
File: 1427389939688.jpg (101 KB, 825x441) Image search: [Google]
1427389939688.jpg
101 KB, 825x441
>>37492267
Not understanding why a 30+ guy would want to settle with way younger girl.
>>
>>37501542
DAMN, DANIEL
>>
>>37483445

Same. I'm 29, and I just keep getting better muscle gains and cardio ability.

Really no dropoff whatsoever.

If you stay healthy I don't think you really start seeing changes until 40.
>>
>>37496574

Join a coed team. You don't spend enough time socializing. Do you take interest in people? Are you ugly? Or is it really just the autism that comes out during dates?
>>
30 years old. I went from 112kg to 80kg.

Tfw I put it all back on. I've lost 10kg this year and am around 100kg now. I had it...

None of my clothes fit, my confidence is gone. Shit sucks.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.