[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routine thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 320x320
Routine thread?
>>
>>37387196
AxBxAxx

2 warmup sets for everything

A
Bench 3x8
Row 3x8
Pullups 5xf
Optional bicep work

B
OHP 3x8
Diddy 1x5
Dips 3xf
Optional tricep work

Squats are a fucking meme, i stopped doing them months ago, every once in a while i will bust out a 1 rep max squat workout to test my strength, diddys do enough for my legs that my squat is 2.7 pl8 for 5 reps, so they have plenty of size

Starting strength has too much emphasis on leg work to be good after you hit 2 pl8. most of your energy for other lifts is gone by the time you're done with them, so once you hit 2 pl8, start phasing them out

do this while EATING BIG, and i promise a huge different in upper body size and strength.
>>
>>37388442
You shouldn't phase out or change up the routine unless you legitimately plateau and can't progress. Doing so too early is just wasting time, and it sounds like your quads would be disproportionately underdeveloped compared to your hamstrings.
>>
>>37388494
if your'e doing stiff leg deadlifts, sure, but you'd be surprised at how well it does for both quads and hams.

the only thing you really miss without doing squats is hip flexors but like i said, i test my squat every few weeks to monitor my theory, haven't lost size, and haven't lost strength in them. if anything, the heavier i go with deads, the better my squat gets.
>>
SS with ancillaries, just before end of novice phase, 3x5 unless said otherwise:

A
Squats
OHP
Deadlift 1x5
Calf Raises
Glute/Hip Abductor Bridges 2x10

B
Squat
Bench
Power Cleans
Chinupx 3xF
Core work
>>
>>37388515
I'm curious what you look like.
>>
File: 1463283696944.png (481 KB, 800x1640) Image search: [Google]
1463283696944.png
481 KB, 800x1640
4 times a week 5/3/1 method + extra if I wanna do cardio.
Monday - Bench Focused + chest/tricep accessories
Tuesday - Dead lift focused + back/arm accessories
Wednesday - Squat and Core focused + leg accessorie
Thursday - OHP focused + shoulder accessories

5-15min stretching before every workout and 5 minutes of light cardio at the end of a workout.
>>
>>37388442
>Starting strength has too much emphasis on leg work to be good after you hit 2 pl8.

I'm two months into SS with 115kg on my squat, am I really supposed to change routines now? I had a base of leg strength from sport/fucking around in the gym before actual training, but it feels like the gains are still coming. Are you implying I'm not a novice any more? Pretty certain I am...
>>
>>37389823
You are still a novice until the point where you can't add weight to the bar anymore, even after deloading a few times. Only then you are at the end stages of novice and transitioning to intermediate, and should start changing your program. Id bet most people on fit haven't reached that point.
>>
>>37389841

That's what I thought. I mean different strokes for different folks, I'm a rower so Farewell to Arms doesn't bother me. I just see two very different attitudes to squats on this board and wanted to hear the other side of the argument.
>>
>>37389841
Should clarify when you can't add weight to the bar every workout. The defining feature of a novice lifter is one who can improve every workout because the stress of weight lifting is so low that recovery comes quickly.
>>
>>37388571
5min light cardio? Sounds like it would only really be a small warm up. Do it befor your lifting.
>>
>>37388515
>if anything, the heavier i go with deads, the better my squat gets.
Well yeah, but they get better at a much slower pace
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.