[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is height a thing people care about? I mean unless we're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: abuh.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
abuh.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Why is height a thing people care about? I mean unless we're talking about extreme height differences with dwarfism where I can see a legitimate issue. Now, weight, that's something you chose and can change.

I'm 5'6 and I never gave it much thought, because I'm too shy to talk to women and always have been. That's the only time it would've come up. I didn't realize until recently, when I actually wanted to get my shit together and resolve my loneliness, that I did some lurking and learned women actually care about this. A lot! Unreasonably. More women than not. You can't just be the same height, or slightly taller, you gotta lead them by 6 inches.

And I don't understand it. Is there even an equivalent of that, that guys have for women?
>>
>>37379518
>Why is height a thing people care about? I mean unless we're talking about extreme height differences with dwarfism where I can see a legitimate issue. Now, weight, that's something you chose and can change.
Internet meme.
>>
Height is somewhat important, but internet memes blew it out of proportion
>>
>Is there even an equivalent of that, that guys have for women?

I don't think there is an exact equivalent, but closest would be boob size. They share some of the same costs and benefits, but I don't think men have a minimum size they do not consider at all.

>Considered more of a man/woman
>Makes other people respect or jealous of you
>Things come your way more easily, especially in dating
>Makes others overlook your other shortcomings
>Gets opposite sex's attention on first look
>>
>>37379518
I'm 6'3" and am a KHV. height literally matters nothing, don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>37379524
>>37379532
I really think it's more than a meme.
I mean, it wasn't even RECENT that a friend of mine told me she couldn't date anyone under suchandsuch height. I can't remember now, but I wasn't near it.

And this video-dating site from like 2009 where all the girls, when asked about their ideal guy, would say "Tall" along with emotional characteristics. They never said thin, or anything else physical. And typically, tall was the first thing they said. God how I wish I could remember this fucking video now.
>>
File: 1211266-masterblaster22.jpg (49 KB, 506x692) Image search: [Google]
1211266-masterblaster22.jpg
49 KB, 506x692
>>37379570
Well I mean. Do you put yourself out there at all?

It may not be the be all end all, but it's the red key, and the entire dungeon is predicated on opening the red door.

Let us figure this one out, you and I. Imagine our combined strength.
>>
>>37379570
Stephen Merchant?

Yo dude, I'm a huge fan.
>>
>>37379524
>>37379532

It's been favourable since the beginning of time, and short jokes have been around since media has been around. There's just been a spike recently due to the internet combined with the fact that they make the perfect victims; they're men so they literally cannot be victims, and they're short so them getting angry is comical to people.
>>
>>37379644
no I lift and dont wear meme glasses

>>37379572
Be honest with yourself, do you care about ass or tits? you probably like bigger ones, but yoy wouldn't flat out deny a girl because of lack of it. Same thing with height
>>
I was once on holydays in Italia.
I was out with two random grisl talking an shit. Suddenly a group of young (goodlooking,stylish) italian men came to us. We had a good chat and everything.
But then behind their back both girls made jokes about their height and they would never ever have a chance to get them.
>southern males are smaller than northern
>>
My sister said that tall is always good but she and most women would take a guy as long as he is an inch taller over them. Dont fall for the memes
>>
>>37379518
The equivalent guys usually have is everything: tits, face, figure, hair, legs, nails, skin, vagina quality, fucking everything.

Admittedly, being bisexual I am a lot more critical and particular about other women even though I am about 99.9% more sexually attracted to women. I don't give a shit about what guys look like (I generally don't notice them let alone get turned on by them on sight) as long as I am into them on an emotional level. Then I get terrible oneitis, blind to beer guts, neck beard, inverted nipplesand double chins. If I'm in love I'm riding you even if you're not Chad.

The irony is I have never cared about height as long as the guy is same height as me (5ft), perhaps a bit shorter, but I met my bf online and when we met up in person he was a fucking giant and we still have issues with some sexual positions and even holding hands down the street because of this.

I genuinely do not understand women obsessed with height for no particular reason.
>>
>>37379675
Yeah but.

We're guys. And they're girls. They've always been the gatekeepers to this stuff.

Also
>do you care about ass
I have not even begun to understand this. I don't know what people like about big asses. No one can explain it outside a form of mockery.

>do you care about ... tits?
Slightly. I think they all serve different purposes. Like knives versus swords. I would only care that they AREN'T injected with plastic.
>>
>>37379755
ass is objectively better than tits desu senpai

not being ironic

>>37379752
>Being bisexual
Dropped, degenerate fetishist
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 500x376
>>37379518
>>
>>37379738
Were the girls italian?
>>
>>37379752
>The equivalent guys usually have is everything: tits, face, figure, hair, legs, nails, skin, vagina quality, fucking everything.
Tits and face seem like the most relevant things on here. But guys have faces too. And tits usually never have a dealbreaker stigma on them.
>>
>>37379842
one from Belgium one from the USA.
>>
>>37379755
the shape is the key.

Some guys might be into sacks of cellulite but that is degrading, plain and simple.

Tits can be small and pretty as well as asses. Just the same can they be big and ugly as fuck. It is a question of preference what you want, a small pretty or big pretty.

Some factors to consider: for tits its nipple shape, sagginess, symmetry and... what else?

For asses, symmetry is usually okay. Fat asses are gross, too much cellulite. Shape is also important here, but usually it is aboutfat distribution than about anything else.
>>
File: 1403355869168.jpg (31 KB, 436x436) Image search: [Google]
1403355869168.jpg
31 KB, 436x436
>>37379937
As someone who has had sex with a girl once in his entire life, I'm really less concerned with the nipple symmetry, and more that I'm getting to see nipples.

I wonder what I'd be like if I had sex frequently.
>>
>>37379936
People here in Italy care much less about height compared to Americans...often the most extrovert guys are the southern even thought they're quite short sometimes compared to nothern males
>>
>>37379791
I don't understand this one.
>>
Most girls won't date a short guy. Most guys won't date a fat girl. The irony is that guys are viewed as "shallow" but girls are viewed as "just being honest", even though fatness is a fixable thing and shortness isn't.
>>
File: a round of gf.png (106 KB, 899x262) Image search: [Google]
a round of gf.png
106 KB, 899x262
>>37379967
I had sex twice and I didn't like it
in fact it terrifies me
>>
It's been talked about before, but basically where we've gotten to as a society is that every ugly hamplanet girl feels like they deserve a 10/10 Prince Charming, and any guy who isn't that deserves to die alone.
>>
>>37380903

Pretty much. Look at China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_would_rather_cry_in_a_BMW
>>
>>37379518
It's an advantage, but like many others have said it gets ratcheted up to 11 on the internet (especially here).

Bear in mind, it really just boils down to status and how you're viewed (which is a huge qualifier of attraction to women: will they be judged/laughed at for being with you, and/or do they benefit greater being with you than without?). Most, if not all, girls tend to think this way, although there is the occasional outlier that doesn't and advances past the stereotypical trappings of female thought (which, in that case, is an actual mature woman--big difference compared to a girl).

Height tends to matter more when you have less to offer in other respects, but height *does* amplify your other attributes to a degree.

Example: You're competing against a taller rival for a girl. You're rich as fuck, but he's broke as shit. As long as you're not a fucking pushover or social idiot, you'll beat the taller rival 9 out of 10 times.

However, if your rival is rich AND tall, it just stacks the odds against you. Remember, you have to be different/novel in a good way, something that you can do that he cannot. Height is just an easy way of picking people out from the crowd. Which figures, considering most girls don't think at all and want everything simple and handed to them on a silver platter.
>>
>>37380859
I just got into an argument about this with some dork on youtube.

They brought up your first sentence and I brought up your last one, and then they stopped responding because it was making too much sense.
>>
>>37381018
>rich
Wellp.
I'm an artist.

My college savings were emptied by the 2008 crash and I refuse to go into debt regardless the degree. So an artist I stay.
>>
>>37381018
The problem is you have to constantly show off that you are rich or they won't know, but a tall person is tall all the time. Also a relationship based on wealth isn't really a healthy relationship.
>>
>>37381083
>Also a relationship based on wealth isn't really a healthy relationship.
neither is one based on appearances. If you don't have an array of attributes to keep each other interested you'll end up like most, Alone/divorced/shitty marriage etc.
>>
>>37379752
>Bisexual who is 99% attracted to women

More like straight guy who was tricked into sucking a dick once
>>
>>37381490
That's a girl, stupid.

Notice how she brought up nails?
Guys don't give A SHIT about nails.
>>
>>37381490
>tricked
>>
>>37381533
You're on 4chan bro
>>
>>37379570
Not an argument.
>>
>>37379518
Are you the same 29 year old loser making these threads?
>>
>>37380927
Lol sometimes I wonder why so many Chinese guys at my work push themselves so hard to acquire gains, but even after making it (e.g. getting jacked, getting rich, etc), still steadfastly refuse to date Chinese girls. I always thought it was some Asian masculinity issue, but I guess it's also because they know somethings about their women that we don't.
>>
Women pretend to care. They say they want a Cristiano Ronaldo all over Social Media. Then you see their boyfriend and most the time they're nothing like what they talk about.
>>
>>37379518

Women expect men to be in charge and protective. If you look up at someone, they appear more patronizing to you. So naturally women expect men to be tall.
>>
>>37382316
Yeah this. Women (really people in general) can want for all sorts of unrealistic fantasies, but at the end of the day, you have to come back to reality and find someone accessible to you. This is particularly true for women as they are on a much tighter schedule since the longer they wait for prince charming, the older, crazier, and therefore less attractive she gets. This is probably why single women in their 30s achieve the sort of bitterness and frustration characteristic of single frog posting boys in their 20s
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.