[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best routine to follow while cutting? Lately I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x258) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x258
What is the best routine to follow while cutting? Lately I've been doing Greyskull LP but I find I just am having a hard time continuing because I'm stalling and can't add weight while cutting.

What is the best cutting routine?
>>
>>37342705
Bump
>>
>>37342705
SOMEONE GIVE ME A FUCKIN ANSWER
>>
>>37342705

don't follow the sticky on this. Everyone is so fucking caught up on Calories In, Calories Out but that's bullshit.

weightloss is controlled by hormones, primarily Insulin and cortisol. You can control these by restricting eating to THREE squares meals a day, NO SNACKS. or just one meal a day.

cut out REFINED carbs and sugars, these spike insulin and make sure you get 8-9 hours of sleep to prevent a rise in cortisol.

if you want to follow a specific protocol you can follow leangains or read about fasting on Dr jason Fung's blog. I've tried dieting any which way and this is the truth. I've lost 90lbs doing this shit.

good luck bro.
>>
>>37343163
What the fuck am I reading.
>>
>>37343163
also anyone that wants to follow up on CICO protocols and why I think they're bullshit is due to a few experiments.

first the minnesota starvation experiment which was a caloric deficit diet, people were fed 3000 calories and then dropped down to 1500 and forced to walk many miles. They developed depression and one guy even tried to cut his fingers off. After that period was over they regained all their weight, mostly fat.

in an overeating experiment, prisoners were fed 5000 calories and gained a lot of weight, surprisingly, going back on their regular diet of 2500 calories they lost all weight pretty fast. The body has a set weight it tries to maintain through the regulation of insulin.

you can read about them here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Starvation_Experiment

http://idealbodyweights.blogspot.com/2009/08/vermont-prison-overfeeding-study.html
>>
The one that gave you gains when you were bulking.Only difference now being that you should aim to maintain or perhaps increase the weight or reps.Don't add useless exercises and do supersets/dropsets and extra sets,You will burn a few more calories but it will much more taxing on your body and recovery.
>>
>>37342705

my Bulgarian method derivative:

A: press, squat, one back exercise (bb row, Kroc row, pull-up)
B: front squat, bench, one back exercise
C: deadlift

Lift every day, ABABAB. Throw in a C when you're recovered. The structure is that you hit a daily minimum, a weight that you can easily push for a single or triple, and then you decide what else you can do that day. Keep volume low. Deadlifts are done as a series of singles, maybe 8-10 singles at 80-85% of your true max. The back exercises are structured to your taste, but aim for heavy and minimal volume.

I've gained strength and lost weight on this program, as an intermediate.

Don't do it unless your form is perfect.
>>
>>37343198

You read dr fungs bullshit I see.

Read Hall et al's last research, ironically funded by taubes and his other low carb shills.
>>
>>37343163
>THREE
>NO SNACKS
>REFINED
THREE eats NO SNACKS with stacy while you're in the REFINED
>>
>>37343198

And insulin isn't the homeostatic feedback loop with regard to fluxes in body mass, it's leptin

Jesus Christ
>>
>>37343254

That study is a fucking joke, http://caloriesproper.com/a-brief-explanation-of-hall-et-al-ie-the-low-carb-war/

Low carb when it's not even low carb. No one would have ever reached Ketosis on that 'low carb' diet.
>>
>>37343268
insulin is the fat storing hormone. Leptin controls hunger. I don't see what you're trying to say here.
>>
>>37343284

And ketosis doesn't matter shit. Transient rise in RMR + loss of lbm

Great diet
>>
>>37343304
HAHAH Ketosis doesn't matter? That's how fat is lost on low carb diets. We've known for a very low time that TDEE matches calories IN on caloric deficit diets. Fasting and Low carb diets maintain basal metabolic rate.
>>
>>37343299

Acylation stimulating protein is also a storage hormone, that had the ability to store fat independent of insulin.

Insulin far higher on the high carb diet, and yet they still lost fat.

Insulin hypothesis has been destroyed, CICO rules

Adherence to diet is a totally different issue, and that's probably related to insulin sensitivity, genes, activity
>>
>>37343330

No, fat is lost because more fat is oxidised than stored.

Just like any hypocaloric diet.

Honestly I can't argue with idiots, it's why I left this place. Go read someone with some credibility (ie not taubes, fung or feinman)
>>
>>37343375
...and fat is oxidized through Ketosis.

>>37343345
CICO diets lose fat and are effective when they incorporate factors that control insulin and cortisol (eating healthier food, less starches and sugars, and eating less in general)

I wonder why people on the biggest loser regained almost all their weight on the eat less, move more mentality. I wonder why the largest women's health study on weight loss had seen almost all of them regain weight. Maybe it's not because they're weak willed people who have no self control, but that the diet doesn't correct the main issue.

I've had results with what I suggested, and not with CICO. When I did CICO, weight loss invietablly stalled because TDEE matched calories in, I felt like shit with no energy. But now In 2 weeks I'll be at 100 lbs lost following what I've laid out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.