[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym Horror stories Thread >Be me 250 pd 6'2 big guy trying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1458083506508.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458083506508.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
Gym Horror stories Thread
>Be me 250 pd 6'2 big guy trying to get healthy for the past month Counting cals, getting educated etc
>Go to new gym in area and get FREE personal trainer
>Gives me a survey to judge my dyel
>Tell him my powerlift workout plan, and how I used to play football in highschool, and try working out the beginning of every summer but fail
> Ask me 3 goals/reasons for working out
>Tell him to put aesthetics for all three
> Takes me in back and has me shake this rope and do a bunch of body weight workouts

Con't
>>
>Literal shit at these and have no endurance since power lifter my whole life
> Sides start cramping
>Tell him I'm at my limit
>Disregards me
> Has me push a tiny slider with 75 pds on top of it
>Hyperventalating as my shirt continuously raises above my huge gut
>legs begin to give out after the 2nd round of me pushing this little shitty slider
> After falling on the ground for the 3rd time pushing this shitty slider that makes me look like a cuck seal asking for dong, I look to side
>Skinny fat dyel smiling ear to ear on some leg machine that works fucking kneecaps
>Raise me head for a second and look around
> Entire gym is looking at me push this fucking thing and laughing
>Feel my spaghetti begin to fall as my gut refuses to be put back into my shirt
> Trainer tells me to finish up and make it back to the assisted pull-up machines
>Try one last time to finish this fucking hell training
> Legs give out and fall on my stomach
> Personal trainer begins to laugh at me
> Near the brink of shedding tears
> Make it back to the station
> Whole gym judging me, and my shit endurance
>Had a whole nother 30 mins of training planned but he cancels it and tells me I'm done.
> Tells me if I give him 50 dollars a week he'll give me a similar workout 3x a week for me
> Tell him I have no money (I'm just out of college)
> He tells me to get a job fgt

>Tfw I just got completely assblasted and paraded infront of the whole gym like a fat meat dyel
>>
Does this HIIT even work as well as he makes it out to? Like seriously if im exhausted after 15-20 minutes I can't continue to burn calories right? Should I be changing my workouts to be more endurance based if i'm going for aesthetics?
5x12-15 instead of 3x5.

I basically just got wrecked by some army guy...
>>
>>37337654
5x10 or 5x8, load shitton of weight bro.
>>
>>37337597

>Squatting.
>PT is busy teaching something to a woman next to me.
>He sees me strain.
>One rep left.
>Out of nowhere, he jumps behind me and tells me to drop the bar.
>I say no, I am not done with it yet.
>He is fucking holding the bar, telling me that I must let it go and that he isn't "allowing me to".
>Let it go.
>Apparently he was bothered by my leg width and had told me to keep my legs wider many times before.

Why are old people such retards in the gym? Is it because their bodies are going to shit so they are jealous of people around them? The guy could easily have snapped our shit up.
>>
>>37337603
The point is to shame you into getting the membership, retard. Never do a personal trainer.

Gym horror story though...

>Finally hit 2pl8 squat
>Killin' it so nice uhn son
>Watch videos to see if there's a better way to get parallel, drop that booty meat
>my form is garbage compared to these dudes
>watch different people looking for justification
>"No.. NO! NOOOOOOOOO!"
>Turns out my squat is shit, I haven't engaged anything at all
>Oh god I have to start all over

Long story short, my squat is still shit and I have no idea how to ass to grass while keeping balance and keeping my back straight. I tend to fold forward a bit.
>>
>>37338803
Tell them "relax I know how to bail if I need to"
>>
>>37338825
Stay focused on 1 point, put out your chest a bit, bring your ass backwards and you'll eventually go lower thanks to that.
>>
>>37339371
Don't bring your ass backwards. If you're trying to squat deep, the only real option is to front squat or squat high-bar. Which in either case you try to keep your hips as close to your heels as possible instead of pushing them back.
>>
>>37337603
>>37337597
> never happened

plus, you should do more of the kind of workouts if its that hard for you, you fucking out of shape piece of shit
>>
File: received_833845070047005.jpg (20 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
received_833845070047005.jpg
20 KB, 854x480
>suck seal asking for dong
>top kek
>>
>>37337603
>pds
Who the fuck does this? my country uses kg and even I know that's wrong
>>
>>37337597
>>37337603
>>37337654
HIIT can be a worthwhile way to improve your condition and even to lose fat (though diet will generally always be better for that). But HIIT sessions usually last for 30 minutes at most, and that's with the breaks, not 45-50.

I like to do a kind of HIIT circuit in the mornings on my off days from lifting weights.
>>
>in parking lot walking into gym
>i don't remember what I was doing but I think I was spacing out and i walk into a car and fall over
>two guys see me and laugh

;_;
>>
> go to gym at 11am
> alone bc it just opened
> it's chest day so have to do negative bench press
> nobody can spot me
> fuck it I need to do that shit now
> last set
> have to do only one more rep
> muscles say no, brain says no
> try it anyway
> can't do one more rep
> fuck
> have to put the barbell on the ground somehow otherwise I get choked
> weights slide off the barbell
> not balanced anymore
> now it goes down on the other side
> hits my chin
> manage to get up from bench somehow
> feel strange stuff in my mouth
> spit it out
> mfw it's parts of my teeth
>>
>>37338825

drop your dick between your knees
>>
>about to try to pr squat
>didn't plan it just felt good
>none of my gym bros there to spot me
>ask a guy a saw doing some weird calf raises on the smith machine for a spot
>only non dyle in the gym but I can tell this is a bad idea
>tell him I'll probably get it but just want to be safe
>he says "yeah man I've been doing this for 2 years so I know what I'm doing"
>what ever I'm just going to do this fast
>get set up under the bar
>before I even pick the weight up he shoves his arms in my arm pits and stands right against me
>keeps his arms in my pits the whole lift
>I had just done a heavy 5x5 and my pits were soaked re rack and see my sweat all over this guys arms
Fucking wierdos man, he spent the next 30 mins talking how he was going to be a ranger or some shit.
Never saw him again
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.