[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i have been lifting for 6 months now Up until the past 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1447815037214.jpg (68 KB, 640x597) Image search: [Google]
1447815037214.jpg
68 KB, 640x597
So i have been lifting for 6 months now
Up until the past 2 weeks i have been lifting like a retard with bad form and too heavy of weight

My question is now that i am properly focusing on form do i get beginer gains all over again?
>>
>>34964993
Bump
>>
noob gains occur when the volume required to make your body adapt is still well within your recovery capacity. It's the easy gains within the first 30% or so of your journey from DYEL to approaching your genetic limits. You can't like, miss them, or waste them, or recreate them (except maybe with steroids for that last one); it's just the easy gains you make when you're lifting light weights.

So... kind of? You should be able to progress as fast or faster as you did the first time around, assuming the bad form wasn't some easier form (half ROM, momentum on strict exercises, etc).
>>
>>34965059
Dumb shit like swinging while doing curls way to heavy and using my legs for OHP just overall dumb shit
>>
>>34965074
All from lifting too heavy
And doing 5 sets of 5 for some dumb ass reason now im doing 3x9
>>
File: 1447763891758.jpg (1 MB, 798x3153) Image search: [Google]
1447763891758.jpg
1 MB, 798x3153
Bump
>>
>>34965059
If you stop lifting for a while (say 6 months-1 year), will you get 'noobgains' again when you start up anew?

Or would you call that something else?
>>
>>34965311
Your lifts will increase quicker than when you just started out, assuming you start back with bodyweight/bar, because you would have retained some muscle and have a better knowledge on form. But you can't rest for a year to get noobgains to push through a plateau or anything like that. Noobgains will always stop at a point, so if you keep stopping and then starting again you're only wasting time.

Of course as you get older your ability to gain new muscle gets lower and lower, so I guess it depends on how old you are.
>>
>>34965288
based glenn post sauce pls
>>
>>34965079
>9
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>34965471
episode 2 or 3 of my fat fabulous life or whatever its called
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.