[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"I used to lift/workout a lot" Why do people feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: UsedtoWorkout.jpg (39 KB, 650x360) Image search: [Google]
UsedtoWorkout.jpg
39 KB, 650x360
>"I used to lift/workout a lot"

Why do people feel the need to tell you this?

And there's no good response to it. You can say "Oh" or "really" but you're expected to ask "why don't you anymore?" Then you are expected to listen to a boring sob story excuse about why they're now fat.

Why would I care? And why would I believe you if you look like shit now?

What are the worst excuses, stories or lies you've heard from a fat or unfit person?
>>
File: 1359723648324.jpg (22 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1359723648324.jpg
22 KB, 429x410
>"Yeah I used to lift a lot you know, benches like 150kg easily but I started a relationship you know how it is bro haha"
>"wanna hit the gym some day bro? It'll be sweet"
>all he does is machines with way too much weight and shit form as a result
>and bench press with as big as possible 5kg plates
>spouts the most ridiculous broscience I've ever heard in my life between sets, flexes in-front of a mirror and says he's starting to see some "back on track gains"
>>
>>34936614

How far away from his claimed 150kg bench was he?
>>
>>34936581
Stop being a dick
I actually hurt my ankle and lied on bed for half year and it completely fucked up my leg muscle
I feel really painful inside because I wanted to lift and do sports but nobody gives a shit now.
>>
>>34936780
How did you hurt your ankle so badly that you were bed ridden for a year?
>>
>>34936734
struggled 3 reps with 70kg

There's absolutely zero chance he has ever achieved 150kg
>>
I did this, and met one of my best friends as a result.

I left the gym because no money, 2 years later virtually all gains gone, I was never fat but I definitely didn't look like I lifted anymore, told him I used to lift early after we met so we would have something to talk about.

I guess lots of people do it as a cock-measuring thing, but sometimes people are just trying to find common ground and have a conversation, ya know, like human interaction and stuff, and also sometimes they did actually lift.
>>
>>34936614

Reminds me of when my mom invited me to do crossfit with her.

>My mom
>"anon, you workout, come try crossfit with me. you'll like it."
>whythefucknot.png
>go
>walk in and see people doing fast circuit training mixed with olympic lifts
>one bastard has 10lbs on the bar
>10lb discs are the same size ad the 45lb ones
>what kind of shit is this
>"hey mom you go at your own pace and make sure to do good form, right?"
>"oh yeah, anon. I'm too old to do this stuff fast"
>tell her it's not for me and leave that godforsaken place
>go to my gym
>deadlift into space
>>
>>34936581
They want to start a conversation you idiot.
No wonder so many still complain >tfw no gf
>>
>>34936798
Half a year
I played basketball I jumped then stepped onto other's feet
I hurt my ankle many times before that. But that time was a major injure
Trust me it's really the worst experience I have in my life. I wasn't able to take my leg down so I have to keep that position when I shit. My family made a mobile toilet and I have to literately shit in front of my bed
combined with physically pain and I had to give up my favourite sport and even regular sport killed me inside

Now I do compound lifting but I have to stretch my legs 1 hour everyday.
Those people OP mentioned I really hate them. They have no idea what they could achieve with a normal body
>>
>>34936809
>struggled 3 reps with 70kg

I'll bet his form was sickening too.
>>
>>34936891
The only experience I've had with people doing this is when you're discussing gym/exercise with someone and this 3rd person interjects with this or a story about how they used to do things when they worked out. I've never once had it occur in a one on one situation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.