[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BINCH F A M
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Scot-Mendelson-Pec-Tear.jpg (90 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
Scot-Mendelson-Pec-Tear.jpg
90 KB, 612x612
I can't progress on bench for shit, /fit/. I've been stalling for 3 weeks and my OHP will soon surpass bench.

I don't know what am I doing wrong, my form is rather good (I keep my arms pretty narrow tho, but if I widen my grip I'm even weaker), I retract my scapulas and shit. Beside bench I'm doing Incline DB Press and Cable Flyes.
>>
Do more work at 80 to 90%. Increase rep counts to sets of 15 12 10 8 5 3 then burn out. If your plateauing you just need to tear the muscle force it to grow it obvious your current workout isnt enough.
>>
>>34931361
Widen to a decent width. I was like you for a long time. My close grip was practically as strong as my regular. I widened my grip and worked up from 65% x 5. I'm now benching 335x3
>>
Is every muscle from your toes to your head tight and flexed when you bench? If no, you aren't doing it right.

Do you use le retard "I lift my legs up for chest isolation" mentally challenged special shit technique? If you do, find the nearest belt and hang yourself.

Learn proper powerlift bench pressing. Retract your scapula (do not "shrug" to achieve this). Arch your back until your weight rests on your upper back. Press towards your head with your toes. Grip and bend the bar like you're hanging over a canyon filled with rape niggers. Train your abs so that you don't herniate while doing all this.
>>
>>34931361
Eat more
>>
>>34931411
>le calories in calories out meme
>>
>>34931410
Yes to all of this except lifting the legs up. One more thing, where in sideview should my toes be on the ground in vertical relation to the rest of the body? I'm getting godawful cramps in quads if I put them too far towards the centre of the body. I hope you understand what I'm talking about.

>>34931411
Sure, all the food goes straight to my legs and back k e k.

I mgiht try to increse rep count.
>>
what the fuck. did he tear his everything?
>>
File: universewp.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
universewp.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>34931361
nice
>>
>>34931488
I think the nearer your toes are to your center, the greater the mechanical advantage. I suggest stretching your quads and trying to get used to them being a little sore. You could try placing something immovable in front of your toes if you wan't to cheat a lil bit senpai.
>>
>>34931511
Just the pec
>>
>>34931624
That guy got some eldritch knowledge during his bench press and his pec turned into the universe.
>>
>>34931361
Once you get anywhere near intermediate at bench, volume is the name of the game. Volume and maybe assistances, but mostly volume. Start doing 20 rep widowmakers at 60% and some 8-12 sets at 80%. It helped me a lot.
Also, eat.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.