[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ College Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
Hey /fit/. Where do you guys go to college? I'm in the process of applying to college, and I'm curious about the lifting scene.

How is lifting at college? Are gyms good? Do a lot of bros do it? Is it easy to maintain a good diet? How does partying affect gains?

I'm applying to Vanderbilt, Johns Hopkins, UVA, UVM, University of Richmond, Wake Forest, and Georgetown. Any /fit/ bros go here or are applying here?
>>
Bump, I'm also applying to schools right now. Iowa, Florida state, Boulder, WVU maybe among others.

Just visted Iowa, campus is beautiful but didn't get a chance to see the rec centers
>>
School has a very recently built super nice gym. I don't really lift there though, I go to a small gym by my house just because it's quiet and I like it better. Campus gym has an awesome indoor running track though that I like to use.
>>
>>34925017
>How is lifting at college?
Good if you can maintain it, a lot of distractions.

>Are gyms good?
University gyms are generally pretty kick ass

>Do a lot of bros do it?
My school it was the older guys using the gym. read (mid 20s going to night school etc)

>Is it easy to maintain a good diet?
Depends on your living situation. If you have a place to cook, yes.

>How does partying affect gains?
Poorly, it is hard to lift on a hangover.
>>
File: image.jpg (412 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
412 KB, 1365x1024
KANSAS
A
N
S
A
S
>>
>>34925017
Junior at a tiny school in WV here.
Campus gym is ok, not great, but ok. Campus food and caff is awful, as are most. Very hard to diet on campus, I moved off campus for many reasons including this. Our gym is pretty small, and during the week is always filled by sports teams. So I only lift on campus on sundays when my off campus gym is closed.
Also, my sister went to University of richmond OP, campus was great, but seemed really stuck up.
>>
Georgia Tech, god tier engineering school with pretty good lifting/swimming/climbing facilities. I enjoy it, getting an internship with Titin too
>>
>>34925683

Oh shizneet, Fellow CSULB 49er wassup

Duuuuuude, use the school gym man. Freakin Brazilian chicks in yoga-pants => instant rep boost
>>
>>34925937
Obligatory fuck the rambling wreck.
>You guys are the GOAT of engineering though
Good bit of my HS friends go there.

Junior at UGA. Pretty athletic school I'd say.
Gym(s) are nice but it's mostly just normies on machines and every once in a while all squat racks are packed.
However there are some pretty big dudes and oly guys.
Super easy to maintain a good diet as long as you don't get too carried away with the bar scene. We have some of the best dining halls available(5 in total).

Partying obviously negatively affects gains.
Getting tore up on Thursday night and trying to lift Friday feels like death.
>>
File: file.png (357 KB, 458x500) Image search: [Google]
file.png
357 KB, 458x500
I lift at UCCS, the gym is nice and not too crowded, depending on the time you go. They've been 'expanding' it for almost a year now, but I have no idea when they'll be done.
>>
>>34925017
Lifting isn't that bad if you have a decent gym, but most Golds Gyms are nicer than campus gyms. If you have decent stats you'll be bigger than 90% of the guys in there, and you make friends with all the big dudes. Gyms get pretty crowded though.

Diet depends on campus food. I go to Clemson and the food sucks cock, so I live off campus and buy groceries.

Partying definitely affects your gains. Drinking beer will catch up to you second semester freshman year, especially if you rush Greek life. I lost 15lbs during pledging, and then gained 20lbs back the next semester. I've toned it down now, tried to stop drinking so much, but occasionally I'll forget my tolerance is so low and get obliterated.

As for your college choices:
>Vandy
If you're white and rich go here
>Johns Hopkins
You won't get in
>UVA
Fuck that school and rolling stone for fucking Greek life over so hard
>UVM
You're gunna be high 24/7
>Wake Forest
Go here if you want to see Clemson embarrass your football team every year
>Georgetown
You don't play enough lacrosse
>U of Richmond
Eh
>>
>>34925937
Yeah except everyone there is ugly as fuck
>>
>>34925954
Hahah well I can just see them walking around campus all day. I go to the gym to run all the time I just don't like to lift there
>>
File: slug_logo.jpg (45 KB, 347x293) Image search: [Google]
slug_logo.jpg
45 KB, 347x293
anyone?
transferring there next fall, need tips and tricks for having friends
>>
>>34925937
Thanks for handing Florida State that L
>>
>>34925683
aw dude which gym do you go to? I go to Metroplex in LB
>>
>>34925017
>be sick
>no gym 2 weeks so far
>might be 3

fucking #prayforme

jesus this sucks. getting better tho.
>>
>>34925017
I go to Johns Hopkins. I wouldn't come here. It has a special kind of depression that only those who have been here for more than a semester will understand. Plus Baltimore is fucking shit.
>>
University of Alberta's got a great Powerlifting club, the UAPA, that I train with. Tons of Eleiko plates and ER racks.
>>
>>34925017
I go to BYU-I because of super cheap tuition prices. I don't party at all because no party bros so I spend my time at the gym mostly. Made some pretty good gains though. The gym is shit and way too over crowded
>>
Canadafag here, carleton university
>>
>>34926658
Really cool school. Beautiful campus, walking to class through old-growth redwood forests never gets old. Good science/engineering programs. Lots of outdoor/active stuff to do. Just not a very "social" campus. Making friends might be hard if you live off-campus. The transfer community at porter would be good place to start. Also various clubs/intramural sports.. There's a certain demographic at UCSC, and you wont find a "traditional" college experience there with all the ra-ra school spirit and sports-games and alcohol fueled-ragers. But if you're more inclined to smoke a doobie with your homies and walk through the meadows , or go to trippy forest-raves, you'll have a good time. Opportunities wont necessarily jump out at you, and you'll have to be proactive in seeking them out. This is true for most schools, but it is even more apparent at UCSC with the insular/isolating nature of the campus. So yeah, you can have a great time, or a rather lack-luster one, depending on what you make of your time there.
>>
>>34925017
I spent a year at UoR. gym was decent, but not fantastic IIRC. Enjoyable uni though.
>>
>>34925017
Most colleges have decent gyms. There are going to be a fair number of curlbros, people curling in the squat rack, and newbies who don't know what they are doing. This is true for most commercial gyms, but because it is college aged people, they tend to be less mature, less self aware and often noisier. The first few weeks of the year will be crowded because a lot of people will try to start working out but won't keep with it after a month or so. Diet will depend on your living situation. Dining halls are good for bulking if they allow unlimited servings. Partying kills gains.
>>
File: IMG_580212-1024x768.jpg (183 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_580212-1024x768.jpg
183 KB, 1024x768
Arizona State, they had a bunch of power racks for oly lifts too!

Sadly, I graduated a year ago and am now stuck with shitty Army gyms.
>>
File: departments.gif (14 KB, 543x534) Image search: [Google]
departments.gif
14 KB, 543x534
>>34925937
Ay brother, im here too. My first semester. The crc is kickass, and i started going on climbing trips with orgt recently.
>>
Maybe Mississippi State.

I'm dyel and pretty out of shape and won't be there until January but would appreciate a big strong gymbro to guide me no homo.
>>
>>34928100
too much work?
>>
Harvard here

I fucking hate my life
>>
>>34925633
If your gonna go to Iowa, just fucking go to Florida State. Beautiful women, beautiful campus, way better party school.
>>
>>34925017
I go to college at your pic related, UNC Charlotte. I don't lift there, though. My apt gym has everything I want and is a lot less crowded. I like the campus, though. It has a greenway connected and I can practically bike all the way there through the woods.
>>
Ru rah rah
>>
>>34925017
I go to Northeastern, our gym is pretty decent.

Food is shit, cant wait for a kitchen next year

As far as partying goes, I typically party once a week and its fine.
>>
Hopefully gonna get accepted to University of Houston for my Masters.
Either that or A&M. Both have pretty good gyms apparently.
>>
>>34925017
>UVA

I'm applying. I live outside of Charlottesville now.
>>
>>34930750
I think that's the football team's gym in pic. I have seen pics of my friends who are posting maxes on instagram and the gym looks like it has a few racks, not a row like in pic.
>>
>in the Marines and married at 25
>go to school Completly online through Park University
>dropped out as a sophomore in 2010, worked multiple odd jobs to support myself and then enlisted in 2013
>either lift at base gym or 24 hour fitness near my house
>was in a 4 year relationship and currently married after 3 years. 2 sexual partners entire adult life..
>completely missed out on the college experience, sloot smashing, cardio bunnies, tinder, etc etc

Basically the only reason I come here is to live vicariously through your stories guys.
>>
>>34928110
ayy lmao u of a boyZz too bad im dyel
>>
>>34925017
>Hey /fit/. Where do you guys go to college? I'm in the process of applying to college, and I'm curious about the lifting scene.
I go to UCSB
>How is lifting at college?
It's alright, my school gym is mainly power racks and dumbbells so I make it work, but I miss the hammer strength machines at my home gym
>Are gyms good?
IT's a good gym, it's just geared more towards lifting for sports than bodybuilding
>Do a lot of bros do it?
Yeah, there's a lot of DYEL greeks trying to be curlbros and wannabe powerlifters because deadlifts are a fad now for some reason
>Is it easy to maintain a good diet?
If you have the time and money to prep, then prep, I'm busy between school and rugby so I barely get time to make meals
>How does partying affect gains?
Eh, it depends entirely on you, if you drink nothing but keystone light and eat McDonalds all day, you're going to get fatter than bejesus, but if you stay active you should be fine.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.