[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>left knee has a loud and painful click every time I squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>left knee has a loud and painful click every time I squat
>go to see a physio about it
>after a few tests discovers that the problem only occurs when I squat deep
>tells me not to squat below parallel and that going lower has absolutely no additional benefits
>instantly think in my head "LOL baby half reps DYEL fggt!?"
>realize I'm dismissing advice from a professional with 15 years experience because of /fit/'s ideals
>still too scared to squat without going deep because fellow fitizens will secretly judge me
>th...thanks /fit/
>>
Try high bar squat, it helped my knee click.
Also, not going below parallel will fuck your shit up because all the force of stopping at the bottom will be loaded onto your knees. Just go slightly below parallel, and if that is still painful then just don't squat. Yes, it is a crucial exercise but you can still attain any goals besides champion powerlifter without squats.
>>
>>34923485
>not going below parallel will fuck your shit up because all the force of stopping at the bottom will be loaded onto your knees
Literally the exact opposite of that statement is true. At the very bottom of a squat is when your knees are under the least pressure, if you stop at 90 degrees/parallel all the force is transferred to your knees
>>
>>34923537
>At the very bottom of a squat is when your knees are under the least pressure,

I'm not sure, but I think that's exactly what he's trying to say, that is, you two agree.

>>34923426
People that lift heavy make up a vanishingly small portion of the population. Those 15 years of experience and intensive training are important, and not to be dismissed, but probably have relatively little specificity to the problems of somebody that does weighted squats, and has non-DYEL musculature.

What exactly do you mean by "deep"? You can change your squats to use less knee action and stop just below true parallel, and if that's not deep enough to drag your knee ligament over a protuberance or twist it around or whatever is happening, that'd be the best of both worlds.
>>
>>34923684

Good point man, and yeah I've been going just above parallel without any discomfort, just feels like cheating but that's all ego I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1403x981) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1403x981
>>34923537

>IMPLYING SO FUCKING HARD
>THE FORCE OF STOPPING BEFORE FULL JOINT FLEXTION IS OK
>knee and hip joints are fucked if they bend to a natural angle
>I would rather the force on my knees and tendons than compression in the massive hip joints

Kinesologist here. Fuck you and fuck the physical therapists that recommend this shit.

>pic related, truth
>>
>>34923798
i dont understand what you are saying enlightened anon.
pls explain.
is that pic bad or good?
>>
>>34923426
Do you wear knee sleeves?
I have knee click in my left knee but it doesnt seem to happen when I wear knee sleeves
>>
>>34923537
Literally stating the same thing yet arguing about it

not gonna make it desu senpai
>>
>>34924569

I'll give it a try, cheers for the tip. This may actually work cause when i hold down the tendon on the back of my knee as I squat the click doesn't happen.
>>
why were you even doing squats in the first place? unless you're a powerlifter or weightlifter, do leg press and lunges
>>
File: trashinto.jpg (28 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
trashinto.jpg
28 KB, 700x479
>>34923426
zipper abs
>>
"A kinesiologist" doesn't explain anything besides you having graduated with a kines degree, in which case you're more likely a gym teacher rather than being involved in research. The infographic is actually mostly accurate, but squats only have "bad ranges" based on what actually causes pain. Vast majority of people squatting will complain of pain due to meniscal involvement, compression forces will aggravate this and, depending on the studies you're looking at, will peak at 130deg knee flexion.

tl;dr Clicking typically indicates meniscal involvement, don't squat below 90-100deg. Or keep doing it, I could always use more patients.
>>
>>34923798
wait, what does that picture mean?
>>
>>34925694
yeah, oly litters have fucked up knees lol
>>
>>34923798

I don't get this picture. Are you saying the poster you're responding to is right or wrong?
>>
>>34923426
who is this semen demon???
>>
>>34928036
http://www.hd-body.com/kayli-ann
http://femabs.tumblr.com/tagged/Kayli-Ann
>>
>>34925694
I dunno the Kin program at my school is pretty science heavy depending on the specialization.
>>
>>34928184
thanks breh
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.