[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 End of Year Goals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: fddd.png (2 MB, 1629x1126) Image search: [Google]
fddd.png
2 MB, 1629x1126
>guy can squat 4 plates...can't even run a decent mile
>guy can run 6 minute mile...can't even squat decent weight
>neither of them can do 20 pull ups
>neither of them look good at the beach

I've come to appreciate the idea of overall fitness, not being the absolute best in any one area, but not being absolutely pathetic in any of them either.
I'm considering some goals to be reached by the end of 2016 and the best way to accomplish them.

>STRENGTH
>4 plate deadlift (not sumo), 3 plate squat (high bar perfect form), 2 plate bench, 1 plate over head press. Each is 1 set of 5 reps.

>RUNNING
>1 mile in 7 minutes, 3 miles in 21 minutes

>CALISTHENICS
>80 pushups in 2 minutes, 80 sit-ups in 2 minutes, 20 pull-ups

>AESTHETICS
>low body fat like guy in pic.

I'm not sure about how to achieve this.

>4 goals / 12 months = 3 months to focus on each goal exclusively
>months 1-3: attain strength goals
>months 4-6: do the minimum to maintain strength goals, attain running goal.
>months 7-9: do the minimum to maintain strength and running goal, attain calisthenics goal.
>months 10-12: maintain previous three goals, attain aesthetics goal.

But is three months enough time for each goal?

Or should I pursue all 4 of these aspects at the same time? That way, I'd have 1 year to slowly get my squat up, my 1 mile time down, and body fat down, etc. But I'm worried that the pursuit of each goal at the same time would slow down progress to the point that 1 year isn't enough time.
>>
Personal best plan, work to all 4 goals each
6 months: bulk slowly, but enough to make strength gains
6 months: cut slowly, if you reach desired body fat, halve the remaining time for bulking and cutting again

Achieving strength goals in 12 months:
Make sure form is immaculate. I got close to 3pl8 deadlift after a month at 69kg so you could probably get 4pl8 easily in 12 months. Same with other lifts. I used Reg Parks 5x5

Achieving running goals:
Cardio after lifting, eat more to compensate. I believe it was LISS that didn't impact strength goals too much

Achieving calisthenic goals:
Do it in free time at home not close to working out time. I think I got 90+ pushups under 2 minutes in a week or 2.

Achieving aesthetic goals:
Make sure you increase your weight as much as possible. Form is more important than increasing weight in the long run though. Make sure you know what assistance and accessories to incorporate into your routine
>>
>>34921342
>>34921426
Absolutely stellar blog post, faggot
>>
>>34921342
Just to get to a point where I'm happy in my skin. Both physically and mentally.
>>
File: keked.jpg (189 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
keked.jpg
189 KB, 1462x1462
>>34921342

>4 plates deadlift (not sumo)

stopped reading there
>>
>>34921441
I'm not OP m8
>>
File: 1418345089409.png (419 KB, 462x820) Image search: [Google]
1418345089409.png
419 KB, 462x820
Nothing really specific, just want to get stronger, make progress in both lifting and school, and continue getting my dick wet
>>
>>34921342

Idk about you but i like to have my connective tissue intact, and squatting heavy more than twice a week, and running a mile makes me cringe. Don't care tho because i probably got more endurance than you on every lift you posted. Also don't post an elite level gymnast and consider that all he does are push-ups.
>>
>>34921342
Check out the horseman training program anon. They're goalsome are basically in line with yours
>>
>>34921342
I can do all of these things without specifically training cardio or calisthenics.
And my lifts are all substantially higher than yours. My Bodyfat is around the guy in the bottom right quadrant of your pic, OP, maybe a little lower.
>>
>>34921342

front squat 300
back squat 315 with good form
ohp 180
snatch pull/ clean pull more
tuck planche/advance front lever for 3x15 seconds with perfect form
master rope climb pull-ups, psuedo planche push-ups and tuck fl rows
get better form on cleans and snatches
get to 11-10% bf
>>
goal thread.
only goal that could probably be achieved by the new year is getting lean 8-12% BF.
goals for a year from now are 4 plate front squat, and to be able to deadlift again.
>>
Don't people achive 1/2/3/4 in six months on SS?
>>
>>34921710
I did on Reg Parks. It's not too tough, but it might be tougher with all the other shit mixed in
>>
>>34921342

>being absolutely pathetic in any of them either.

It's hilarious that you have your head stuck so far up your own ass yet you can't even do 4/3/2/1. Where is this ego coming from?
>>
File: 1447102593257.jpg (49 KB, 480x425) Image search: [Google]
1447102593257.jpg
49 KB, 480x425
I guess it would have to be

>6 minute mile
>2000 pressup session
>bench 4plate
>rape a woman
>50 metre handstand walk
>beat some rowing records I guess
>>
>>34922199
Oops meant to say
>date a woman
>>
>>34922199
>beat some rowing records
Kek
>>
My goal is to be versatile instead of good in something specific too.

The only thing I would reconsider is the 80 pushup/20 pull up. Seems more like a fuck my rotator cuff goal than calisthenics. Maybe burpess?
>>
Youre thinking too short term and when youre putting so much energy into 5 things rather than 1 progress wont be as fast or apparent.

Like you can recomp and lose fat while gaining muscle, but its sooo slow compared to just cutting.

This might sound crazy but make goals for the next 3-4 years and work on one here and another there.

I used to just have a good squat. Then my deadlift went up. Next my bench was pathetic. I crushed goals one at a time and now i can pushpress 3 plate and run a 50min 10k all with a decent PL total.

My final goal is being able to perform like this and be cur which ill start in january.
>>
File: goal.jpg (923 KB, 1198x1198) Image search: [Google]
goal.jpg
923 KB, 1198x1198
To look like this.

I know it isn't very great by 'fit' standards, but It's a good goal to reach first before going for something else.

I've lost 70lbs so far and I want to keep improving.
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-15+at+07.11.27).jpg (71 KB, 807x718) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-15+at+07.11.27).jpg
71 KB, 807x718
>>34924187
Current body.

Not much, but definitely better than it was.
>>
Yes, finally someone here with similar goals!
-I want to be able to run a sub 20 minute 5K. Current fastest time is 22:49 but i've only started running 5Ks for time since a month.
-I also want to be able to do 1/2/3/4, or maybe 1/2/2/3 since i'm already pretty happy with my quads.
-Finally, I also want to have correct posture, currently have some pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt, forward shoulders and forward head posture.

If I manage all of these goals and get to a nice bodyfat percentage i'll probably start maintaining.
>>
Honestly i would be happy just to upgrade to B grade racing, alongside 10-12% bf and increasing my FTP to post 350 watts.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.