[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1332630289894.jpg (122 KB, 924x676) Image search: [Google]
1332630289894.jpg
122 KB, 924x676
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread.

Last thread reached bump limit.
Relatively new lifter here and haven't been doing warmup sets. I tried them for the last few sessions and everytime I get to my actual lifting weight (185 lbs) I'm tired as fuck and my legs get shaky. Do I have to do a warmup set at this weight? Seems like I was doing better before.
>>
File: 26.05.16 tanktop.jpg (502 KB, 1528x1677) Image search: [Google]
26.05.16 tanktop.jpg
502 KB, 1528x1677
Does this tank top fit right? I've never worn a tank top before. The length seems right but the chest has a lot of side boob creeping out.

>>37333456
Warm-up sets are important. I usually do an empty, a 25% and a 50% before my working sets.
If you're tired by your working set it's because you aren't taking long enough breaks (~30 seconds for low intensity warm-ups, a minute or so for higher) or you're doing too many working sets.

One thing Rippetoe says in SS is that you can do fewer reps in your warm-up sets as you approach your working set, so that you don't knacker yourself out too badly but still get warmed up.
>>
>>37333456
is it okay to still lift and go to chemo? my onco says he doesn't really advise it, but i don't want all my hard work to be wasted too soon.
>>
>>37333571
That's what I figured. I'll switch my sets to 3 sets of warm ups at 25%x5, 50%x3, and 90%x1.
>>
Is cardio just optional when it comes to reaching a low bodyfat or is it needed? All my friends are convinced it's needed. I've read the sticky. Someone remove doubt from mine heart
>>
>>37333603
You're getting chemo and lifting?

Bruh, I think you've got more things to worry about. Listen to your fucking doctor.
>>
>>37333603
Don't lift heavy, but you should try to maintain a minimal physical activity even during chemo, not because of the gains, but because it's good for your health and will help your body fight the cancer. Good luck, bro, stay with us.
>>
>>37333613
It's optional, but very helpful.
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (399 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
399 KB, 400x225
>>37333603
You have your whole life ahead of you buddy. Focus on getting well. Swoleness will be waiting for you when you're done.

Besides, it's not as if you'll loose your gains. When you train again you'll much more rapidly return to your previous strength levels because of your training. This is referred to as muscle memory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory_%28strength_training%29
>>
>>37333710
And don't listen to 37333652, he sounds like his testicals just dropped yesterday.
>>
when should i start going for hypertrophy? im up to 1 plate bench, 1.5 squat and 2 deadlift but i have had pretty much no physical gains, which was the whole point for doing this

whey + other shit or 'mass gainer'? (i am trying to 'bulk'). mass gainer seems pointless when i can just have whey + something nice like ice cream

how long is it supposed to take for actual physical gains to appear? ive been in the gym 3 days a week, increasing weight pretty much every time and leaving exhausted for 3 months but no signs yet
>>
Is kinobody's greek god routine worth a try?
>>
>>37333975
>something nice like ice cream

Ice cream will just give you sugar and fat. That isn't useful for gaining muscle mass. You want nice solid carbs like pasta, rice, potatoes, oats. With lots of veg and protein.

>3 months
>2 plate deadlift

Is that your 1RM? If you're doing 5-sets or more of 2 plates after 3 months that's really remarkable. Or you might be doing it wrong.
>>
i bought soy protein, will i lose my gains and test?
>>
3x15 db shrugs
3x12 db upright rows
3x12 db seal rows
3x10 lat pulldown
4x12 cable rows
3x12 standing OHP
3x12 trad deads
3x12 hyperextensions

Is this routine excessive?
>>
File: IMG_20160526_225741.jpg (137 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160526_225741.jpg
137 KB, 1024x1365
Hangout with this hot chick a few weeks ago we both have a good time, every time I ask her to hangout after she says she's busy,on the other hand this fat chick with a pretty face won't leave me alone. What do I do? Wait for the hot chick or fucj the fat one
>>
>>37332165

help
>>
File: cookie.jpg (126 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
cookie.jpg
126 KB, 660x495
I really only eat what you can buy on the outside aisles of the grocery store which is meat and vegetables. Sometimes I get cravings of junk food and will eat those Dips bars or potato chips and I feel better with more energy. Why is this? I thought eating healthy would cover any deficiencies, so why does junk and candy make me feel better?
>>
>>37333997
well what i mean is theres that optimum nutrition muscle dust stuff, and theres a whey version and a mass builder version. the whey version is just protein but the mass builder version has a load of carbs in it, is the any benefit in the mass builder, as in why not just mix in some ice cream if you need the extra calories?

i do the stronglifts thing, which is 5x5 (its supposed to be 1x5 for deadlift but i do 3x5 or 5x5 as i feel like i might as well)

1 plate is 20kg right?
>>
>>37333571
>carl sagan
kill yourself faggot
>>
What's wrong with wearing basketball shorts to the gym?
>>
Not fitness related at all, but don't know where else to ask/how to google.
Used to be really good friends with someone until they fucked me over. I have since unfollowed them on normiebook but they still appear a lot in the chat list (because we used to chat a lot), and stuff like a post will come up with "ex-friend at 20 other people like this". Any way to completely remove their presence on my fb without blocking?
>>
>>37334218
For the chat, click the gear at the bottom of the chat list, go to advanced settings, and turn chat off for them. I don't think there's a way to hide the other thing, though.
>>
>>37334210
nothing. Wear whatever the hell is comfortable. Wear a goddamn suit if you want.
>>
>>37334336
cheers brah
>>
>>37334059
I'd say that if you're eating enough and maintaining good form throughout all of it you'll be fine; but that said if you need to ask you might want to drop some things. Doing exercises correctly is going to help you more in the long run
>>
>>37334152
do you count your calories? What specifically do you eat?
>>
>>37334097
Forget hot chick entirely.

Fuck fat chick if you can stomach it but I personally have never been able to
>>
>>37334465
Pussy.
>>
File: CHRISTIAN IMAGE BOARD.png (410 KB, 615x470) Image search: [Google]
CHRISTIAN IMAGE BOARD.png
410 KB, 615x470
>>37334526
shoo shoo
>>
File: shadowrealm.jpg (42 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
shadowrealm.jpg
42 KB, 582x741
so what's the deal with lentil? I don't see it getting posted very often, is there a reason I should avoid it?
>>
>>37334157
>1 plate is 20kg right?
1 plate is technically 20 kg, but when referring to lifts it means a plate on each side of the bar, so 60kg. Not sure if that's what you meant.
>>
>>37333456
>>37321987
Is it true that green tea help with burning fat, or is it just a meme? If its true, would it matter whether I'd drink one before or post workout?
>>
Sixpack looks great with convenient lighting, almost non-existent with bad lighting. Roughly how much more bodyfat do I have to drop till it always looks good?
>>
>>37333985
Only if your lifts are intermediate.

If not stick to 3x5s until you get your lifts up.
>1/2 at least.

Squat and dead strength dont really matter for his routine, but you want to have at least that much upperbody strength before you hop on it.

And following literally any program to get that upperbody strength will give you sufficient leg strength, but.... I dont like his approach to lower body training.

He severely underestimates the usefulness of the hip thrust, though i agree with him about the squat, especially in light of the shit artemus dolgin talks about it.

>>37333975
Mass gainer is only worth it if you find cheap stuff that is more calories per dollar. Even then that is generally shitty ingredients, basically eating corn syrup and whey.

Rich piana may be a living meme, but he is right about real fucking food, goddamnit. Eat as many calories as you can, rather than drink them.

But your lifts are good enough to hop on a ppl and get your 3x8-10 double progression on.
>>37334037
Only negligibly.
Just dont do it again.
>>37334059
If by retarded, you mean excessive... Then yes.
What is your progression model looking like, and how much do you lift?
>>37334097
>>>/soc/
>>37334152
Could be a number of thing.
Too little fats, too little sodium, could be minerals or micronutrients.
Remember a little bit of saturated fat is good for test, and fats are good for hormones and satiety in general.
Aim for .8g/lb protein, .35g/lb fats, and at least as many carbs as proteins.
Nonrestrictive dieting is the only effective long term solution, so try and make it work for you, and you wont worry about "having to go back on a diet" ever.
>>
>>37334662
It's true, but also assisted with proper diet in obese patrons. You also have to drink like 8 cups a day.

Not worth it, easier just to eat properly.
>>
>>37333997
Nigger i deadlifted 235lb literally my first time ever deadlifting.

It isnt that fucking amazing.

Some people are kinda strong before steppig into a gym. Not everyone was a weak unathletic skellingtom
>>
>>37334465
>do you count your calories?
I used to and stopped. I guess I'm starting again.

>What specifically do you eat?
Unfortunately not pussy. Mostly meat and eggs actually. I'm starting to think that I need more carbs in my diet. I have carrots and potatoes as a side, but mostly meat.
>>
>>37333997
>2plate deadlift after 3 months
>remarkable

dude what
>>
>>37334693
>Mostly meat and eggs actually.

That's not a description.

>I'm starting to think that I need more carbs in my diet.
You need a proper diet.
>>
>>37333997
I'm a weakling whose cutting and I can almost lift 2pl8. Not that big of a deal.
>>
>>37334210
Dont stress over /fit/ memes. Just enjoy the bants.
>>37334182
Who hurt you?
>>37334616
No, it is best carb for gains, if you can stand the god awful taste.

High protein and fiber, decent micronutrient profile, decent amino profile. Very filling and fairly low calorie.

But every faggot who is pro lentil is a vegan shill (except me)... It is the damndest thing. Eat lentils, but dont trust lentilposters
>>37334667
Take picture of self w/bad lighting (or both to compare)

Could be fatty dysmorphia thinking you are skinny, or skinny dysmorphia thinking you are fat... Either way we will find a way to mock you and slowly chip away at your mental stability
>>37334662
True to a negligible degree.
>>
>>37334741
>lentils
>god awful taste
does nobody on this site know how to cook or what
>>
>>37334741
thanks man, I've always love lentils, I'm currenly eating them boiled without salt or anything, I just thought there was somehitng of a negative consensus because I never see them around, but yeah the vegan thing makes sence
>>
>>37334630
yes thats what i meant, i do 2 plates (on each side) deadlift
>>
>>37334717
Last night I had a steak the size of my hand and some mashed potatoes with butter.

>You need a proper diet.
I was hoping meat and veggies would suffice since that's what I'm good at cooking and they're, for the most part, inexpensive. (I can have a decent dinner under $10.)

>>37334668
Thanks. I'll add sea salt to my food as I haven't at all lately. I do cook with butter and lots of it.

I'll try having some pasta with vegetables tonight. I liked pasta, but had bad pasta a few months ago that made me sick for a week.
>>
>>37334880
Look man, just judging off your posts it sounds like you never learned how to properly count calories. If you can't even tell me the weight of your steak, you DEFINITELY aren't eating properly.

Count calories. Get a scale, it'll work wonders.
>>
>>37334668

This anon >>37334059

I'm obese and cutting, but mostly linear with a few plateaus so far (8 months in).

I lift around 100lbs on all of the compound exercises.

Also, is English your first language, or no?
>>
PPL or Split bro.
>>
>>37334182
To bake a pie from scratch, you must first calm your anus.
>>
>>37334059
that program is a travesty
drop it and do SS or SL at worst
fuck it, I'll allow ICF too but that's as much fun and variety you get to have

>>37334955
100lbs on compounds is fucking nothing too

literally drop everything and reboot
>>
>>37333456
How do I into Hip Flexibilty?
Can't squat for shit as my heels want to lift off to the moon when I try do squat so I either
a) lean foward, which will not be good once I put a barbell on me
b) can't even reach parallel

Halp
>>
>>37334898
Thanks Anon. I will do that.
>>
>>37335042
https://www.youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/athrall7/videos

Both have excellent channels with information on how to get mobility. (Just use the search feature as there are a few different videos.)
>>
>>37334686
yea but you are also fat
>>
>>37334668
You mean 1pl8 and a half?
>>
>>37333456
how does one naturally boost their testosterone??
>>
>>37334152

Youre going low carb with the veggies (theyre great for everything, and digest slowly) and simple carbs like chips/junk food process FAST, giving you quick bursts of energy by spiking your insulin.

The problem is, you NEED carbs for energy. They are the bodies main source of energy. Especially if you are physically active.
But shitty food will have have an effect on you eventually, through insulin sensitivity and psychological addictions.

My advice would be to introduce more complex carbs into your diet- high fiber breads/pastas/rice if youve been avoiding them.
Also, some fats from seeds. (almond/peanut butter is good)
Try some high fiber fruits as well.
This should cut most of your cravings for junk, and give you some more energy.
>>
I've been lifting for about two months and I'm going to start doing deadlifts, but I don't know which day to do them on. Should I do them on back day? Which exercise should I replace with it?

My workouts usually last about an hour to an hour and a half

I go ABCABCx

A: Chest/Biceps
>Pushups
>Bench Press
>Dumbell Press
>Dumbell fly
>Barbell Curl
>Hammer Curl
>Reverse grip barbell curl
>Dumbell Curl

B: Legs/Triceps
>Leg Press
>Leg Curl
>Leg Extension
>Calf Press
>Seated Barbell tricep extension
>Tricep Cable Pulldown
>Skullcrushers
>Lying Barbell Tricep Extension

C: Back/Shoulders
>Pull Up
>Lat Pulldown
>Seated Row
>Barbell Shrug
>Upright Row
>Dumbell Shoulder Press
>Lateral Raise
>Plate raise

I know it's a little too much volume, but I added in exercises as I began to regularly lift. Started out with six, now I do eight each workout.
>>
>tfw can never tell if I'm d oing bent over barbell rows right
fuck it. I know I need to do em but i dont fucking know if im doing em right.
>>
File: shitty shit.jpg (528 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
shitty shit.jpg
528 KB, 3264x2448
how long till abs

pic related 173cm 77kg

do i have to isolate abs yes or yes to get them?
>>
>>37335805
you have to lose weight retard.
low BF = abs
>>
I run, then lift, then run again to cool off.

How far should my warm-up run be? 5k? I usually get 2 miles in.
>>
>>37335818
i know but
how much in my situation?

7 kg? 10kg? 20kg?
>>
>>37335871
I'm no expert. 7.5 - 10 kg.
>>
I need a pull-up bar, but I can't screw any shit into my walls and I don't want a HUEG steel power tower.

Is there a cheap free-standing one available? Or a guide somewhere on how to make my own?
>>
Mother fucking sleep.
Sleep for 7 hours, tired.
Sleep for 9 hours, tired.
Drink caffeine. Even more tired. My cut is only -500, my macros are there, I eat clean and balanced, I drink over a gallon of water a day. Why am I falling asleep on my bench?
>>
Does anyone have the chart that says the natural bodyweight at certain height/bodyfat, for example around what bodyweight should i be at 10% bf at 5'7" as a male
>>
>>37335993

Are you cutting on lifting days, too?
Your workouts are creating additional deficits of calories/energy.
Plan more calories around those days to make up for it. Eat at your maintenance TDEE when you lift to keep your deficit from getting too large.
>>
The PHUL workout, is it decent?
Looks and sounds alright to me
>>
>>37335835
what are your goals? are you trying to gain muscle, maintain, lose weight?
>>
>>37336028
no goal. Just passing time.
>>
>>37335886
ok, at 0.5 kg per week i should be done in like, december
>>
>>37336022
I've been working it for a few months while cutting, it's okay got me some new PRs. Eventually had to change lower hypotrophy days because it was just a list of shit I hated.
>>
>>37336103
Then what does it matter how far you run. Make sure you're not running on a hard surface so the impact doesn't destroy your knees over time. Also make sure you are running correctly.
>>
File: 1464314472954.jpg (45 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1464314472954.jpg
45 KB, 600x480
>>37335183
Sleep a lot, eat at maintenance or above, get a lot of sunlight and physical activity (don't be sedentary), and eat a diet with sufficient fats and micronutrients.

If you have vitamin or nutrient deficiency from your shite diet, supplementing it can significantly boost T. Also, don't be stressed in your life.

>>37335703
Do a different routine, ideally a beginner one from the sticky.

>>37335757
Record yourself and post a form check here.

>>37335835
Running 2+ miles might fatigue you before heavy squats, if you're doing them. Jog a mile maybe.

>>37335993
Go over your food logs and make sure you're consuming adequate vitamin and nutrient levels. Make sure you're sleeping WELL. Otherwise, see a doctor.

>>37336022
Yes
>>
I started workout with bench
Did it to failure
2 hours later my pecs feel fresh (as i was finishing up the day, upper/lower split)
Does this mean I didn't work as hard as i should have or does this fall under "soreness =\= success"
>>
>>37336196
Pumps usually only last an hour anyway. Pumps and DOMS are not indicators of long term gains, but strength and size are. Don't worry about it.
>>
>>37336217
neat
>>
>>37333456
Posted this, but I knew it wasnt really good enough for its own thread:
I eat pretty well, sleep average to above average. I'm not very big yet, but I work out until muscle failure. BUT at the end of the work out, I still feel like I havent done everything I can or havent used all the energy I should have. What can I do?
>>
>>37336256
Run
>>
>>37336196
Did what to failure? 3x5 / 5x5? Then you're fine. If you did one set then you probably didn't do enough.

Follow your program, push yourself and trust that the progress will come.
>>
>>37336259
AND LOSE MY GAINSSSS?
>>
>>37336196
Another anon with same question. I get sore at end of work out but I rarely stay sore. Am I not lifting hard enough? Or is it a sign my nutrition and rest is good?
>>
>>37333456
nigger digger
>>
>>37336271
4x5
Im a fat dyel so i just wanted to do 5sof my bodyweight till i started failing
Basically went:
5 5 4 2.5

(I normally do sets of 12, slowly moving my compounds to 5x5)
>>
I've been eating red potatoes with my meals

should I cut them out?
>>
File: 1446280836673.jpg (16 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1446280836673.jpg
16 KB, 600x703
>Go to doctor for epididymitis
>get prescribed 20 capsules of doxycycline
>pills work for the most part
>ballsack no longer burning
>however, fap sessions are losing their appeal
>feel little to no stimulation up until orgasm
>can't boner to porn, even my favorites have no effect
>no sexy urges out of the blue

Should I get some more pills? I don't think 20 capsules fully solved the problem, whatever it is.
>>
>>37336379
Ok. Thanks for informing us. Still fapping.
>>
How do i start learning about steroids?
I don't want to take them, but I want to learn more about them. What is common and what is frowned upon? Just a lot of general knowledge.
>>
>>37336912
why don't you just tell the doctor what you're experiencing? It's pretty unlikely any of us have that sort of medical knowledge
>>
>>37336789
Keep them if they fit your macros
>>
>>37336980
I would imagine FRAUD general.
>>
Is keto any better than a regular deficit for fat lass? I was reading somewhere statistically keto is better for fat loss and ive been doing it and its going well but im REALLY struggling to stick with it. and it's expensive as fuck.
>>
>>37337197
lass=loss my bad
>>
>>37333456

she cleans 220 right now.

www.instagram.com/p/BF4cZEByF3n/
>>
Is 40lbs of gains good for 2.5 years of lifting?
I went from 147 (tops) to 187 (in week 3 of my cut) at about the same body fat (nonspecific 12-14% BF range) at 72 inches/183cm in height.
Have 30 inch waste and 34 inch hips, Really broad shoulders/mesomorphic build.
>>
i have been lifting for 8 months. 4 times a week. mon/tue and thurs/friday
doing half gomad fo 2 months and gained 5 kg doing it.
well i am progressing really well in my opinion.
my question is for the last two weeks i couldnt go 4 times. only went monday and tuesday.
do you think would that hurt my gains ? did i maintain or go backwards? oh also i am strictly following my diet even i cant go 4 times but it feels sad and useless if i cant go .
>>
File: six-pack-abs-300x226.jpg (13 KB, 300x226) Image search: [Google]
six-pack-abs-300x226.jpg
13 KB, 300x226
Should I do abs on leg day? What ab exercises do you recommend?
>>
>>37337301
stfu fat boi
>>
>>37337485
Fat boi? Dude I have abs relaxed, what's your deal?
>>
>>37337477
leg raises, leg lowers, flutter kicks and then also just toe taps and shit like that - lower ab work. Lower abs tend to involve moving legs towards the body, where upper abs tend to involve moving the body to the legs. At the end of my leg day i do the toe touch crunches and just holding my legs in the air gives me a killer burn from the day, as well as turning on my core really well.
>>
>>37337197
pls respond
>>
I want to get faster, but I'm doing Starting Strength.
I want to make my mile time like 7-9minutes.
Can I run on the weekends?
>>
>>37337583
responding just because you insisted not because i know a lot.
as an md i only can say this. if there is an emergency for fat loss (such as if patient is lets say 300 kgs and we need to operate him. well we cant. because operating tables can olny hold 250 kg max so he needs to cut down the weight as soon as possible) we use keto. it is not that healty if you want to do it for long
>>
>>37337692
I'm not THAT overweight i'm at about 240 pounds at 6'1. I got about 40 more pounds to lose but im not in any tremendous rush. I think ill hop to a more balanced diet, thanks for the input.
>>
>>37333456
For the first time in my life a bitch added me on fb amd said
Hi :)
And then she liked all my photos, I think she is insane
Its a fatty and I dont want to hit that
How do I no gracefully?
>I don't wanna get my dick chopped
>I just want to lift and be an autist pls halp
>>
>>37337855
dont respond you dumbo

>>37337667
yes on saturdays, but you really shouldn't.
>>
>>37337855
according to what you said she is your bestfriends fake account.
>>
>>37335183
L-arginine
>>
>>37337711
You have a BMI of 31.7, the medical definition of obese. You ARE that fat.
>>
>>37338125
240 lbs is not 300kg, I know i'm obese but i'm not that overweight. I've lost 100 pounds already but thanks for your useless input.
>>
what beginner routine is the best for someone who can not squat (knees conditions) ?
>>
>>37338135
Ignore him.

As the other anon said, Keto is fast. That's about all the positive things that can be said about it. It's an emergency mode the body goes into and it's not sustainable once you get down low enough.

You are technically obese, but honestly it's easier and healthier to just lose normally. Eat at a deficit (for your case you can be at a higher deficit) and lose 1.5-2 lbs a week.
>>
>>37338171
thanks anon, i was thinking like 1600 calories a day.
>>
>>37338191
Even though your BMI is a little up there, I don't know if I'd recommend an 1000 calorie deficit. Try 1800 a day. That's still well over 1.5 pounds a week.
>>
>>37338152
squatting actually helped my knees

But I'd still do some SS type program but do the leg press instead
>>
>>37338221
awesome, thanks a bunch.
>>
When should I start taking protein powder shakes?
I've been going to the gym for like 5 months now.

I haven't plateaued yet but I always want more.
Should I start having shakes?
Or looking into shit like creatine?

I want to be bigger every months and I've been able to do so so far.
>>
what are some good substitutions for overhead presses; i can't do heavy lifting over my head.
>>
>>37338276
Whenever the hell you want to. It's just protein.
>>
>>37338294
Just do it.
Military presses are my weakest exercise. I hate them.
But I keep making progress because I keep trying.

Don't be afraid to fail your goals.
Once you can do 8 of a set, you add on that weight until you can do 5 or 6.

The secret, for me, was finding my foot placement. Find where you're comfy for your weight. And push the fuck up.
>>
>>37338171
Is keto bad if its done 2-3 months at a time and then break for a couple months, just until I reach desired weight?
>>
>>37338325
sorry, i didnt mean i can't physically do it, i mean my orthopedist recommended i dont do it because i have a bone spur in my shoulder and it irritates it
>>
anyone know how to get on kianna diors site without paying??
>>
>>37338342
If you take a break then why not just do a regular diet? You could lose the same amount of weight in the end anyhow.
>>
How come some people who are smaller in muscle mass lift more than me?
>>
>>37337301
I did 40lbs in one year but im a genetic freak
>>
>>37338384

Lots of reasons. They might have more efficient technique, or more experience lifting heavy or more advantageous proportions or better attachment points for force output or a metric fuckton of other things.
>>
>>37338366
Keto is easier than normal diets for me
>>
Should I stack Yohimbine or Ephedrine with caffeine? I'm probably at around 14-15%
Which is better? Price/side affects are irrelevant.

>inb4 dnp
>>
>>37338239
squatting will not help me, I can barely do a bodyweight squat because of knee pain, docs can't find why it hurt so much, what was your condition?
>>
File: 1358985496139.png (1005 KB, 900x702) Image search: [Google]
1358985496139.png
1005 KB, 900x702
>>37338424
How is eating no carbs than eating some carbs.
>>
Important question!

How big of a deficit can I get away with? I'm 19% body fat and about 40% muscle and want to reach 10%. I understand that the more lean I am the more likely I am to lose muscle. But at 18% going down to 10, give me a number, whats the biggest deficit I can get away with?

If I can save time I will
>>
>>37338445
Personally I wouldn't recommend Ephedrine at all. It gave me increased anxiety and irritability and fucked with my head big time.
>>
So apparently I've been doing (bodyweight) pushups wrong all along. I can easily do 10 diamond pushups, but for some reason the normal ones are a lot harder for me.

Can someone explain this to me? Am I doing the diamonds wrong as well perhaps?
>>
>>37338550

Given that we have no idea how you've been doing either form, no we can't explain it.
>>
>>37338508
If you want to preserve muscle? 500, max. If you don't care? 750.
>>
can you get nice abs without isolating?
>>
Can I preserve muscle on a 1000 cal deficit? Short term, doing something like this:

1000cal deficit for 4 weeks
Then eat at maintenance for 2 days after that. Then back on the deficit
>>
>>37338711
>how to crash diet
>>
>>37337460
plz respont
>>
are curls bad, since "curls for the girls" i assume they are useless
>>
arm been hurting while squatting for weeks now. what do
>>
>>37338711
no.
>>
File: Arch.jpg (38 KB, 450x437) Image search: [Google]
Arch.jpg
38 KB, 450x437
How do I keep my elbows from flaring when I bench? Does it all depend on where I grip the bar at? (the width of my grip)

I just can't seem to get it right. I retract scapulas and arch my back so I have that down, but can't get my elbow position right
>>
Recently switched to low bar squatting and I'm having two problems:

1) I feel like my progress is more hindered by my delts not being able to hold the weight. By rep 5 at WW I sometimes feel like it's about to start slipping down my back

2) With my delts pinched tightly to make a platform for the bar, I'm feel a ton of tension in my neck that is causing tension headaches

Any advice for either of these issues?

I squat 230 lbs if it matters, and I have watched Rippetoes form vids and read SS
>>
File: buff jesus.jpg (35 KB, 485x299) Image search: [Google]
buff jesus.jpg
35 KB, 485x299
Looks like I'm gonna be bust in the next 5-10 months due to premed college education that I might only have time to work out on Friday nights to Sundays - any mass building routines I can follow? Because I don't think the SS that I used to do will work in this schedule unless I only go for 2 days a week (Friday night and Sunday).
>>
>>37337460
>>37338812
Probably not, but so what if it did? You can't go back in time and change that you missed a day. Keep moving forward, keep making progress.
>>
>>37339224
Are you looking down in front of you when you squat? That should keep your neck neutral

If not, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLu-EbNXwDk
>>
>>37339306
So my gym is commercial and has a mirror in front of the rack, but I try my best to pick a spot on the ground in the mirror and look at it. I've found that while pinching my shoulders with the bar on my delts it's kind of tough to keep that neutral neck position, as if the weight of the bar is pinching my head back.
>>
>>37339306
>>37339323
Just watched that video, that sounds really good, I'll just make a more conscious effort to keep my eyes trained.

But is there any way to keep the bar more comfortably on my back?
>>
>>37339050
Tuck your lats in your elbows should follow.
Also read juggernaut bench manual that shit helped me so much especially when I was having rotator cuff pain and stuck at 95 kg bench now at 110kg 3x2 bench and can ohp heavy after heavy bench without a single niggle.
>>37339230
Unless you're traveling 3-4 hours a day you really have no excuse not to lift. Know loadsa guys that are in med school currently hell even know a guy training to be an anesthetist and they all lift 3-4 times a week. The only time they skip is 1-2 weeks before exams.

To answer your question though unless you start pinning 2x days a week is not gonna be adding on any mass you might maintain your strength levels or make some progress but very unlikely.

>>37339224
>>37339323
Post vid of your squat and post it on the startingstrength forum especially the coach one they usually respond in a week but it solved loadsa my problems.
>>
I have a stupid question, but maybe you guys can help. I want to try and increase the size of my chest and decrease the size of my waist, and I don't just mean lose fat/gain muscle. I want to try and increase my rib cage size. Now I know this isn't really possible, but you know those corset things women used to wear, they kind of had a similar affect. Is there something like this for men? Or is there some method of getting a larger chest/smaller waist? I've also heard of people doing stomach vacuums for this, but I don't know if that works.
>>
I don't have access to a gym this summer and I've been losing my gains. How do I stay fit at home?
>>
>>37339475
That shit is archaic, you will damage your organs and not look any better for it. There's a reason that standard of beauty has passed
>>
>>37339498
Eat enough, get dumbbells and find a gym I live in rural scotland and I can find dedicated gyms here how the fuck can you not find one for a whole summer.

>>37339475
Why not instead of thinking of all these convulated ways to to squish your organs you go do some heavy bench, heavy rows chins DLs and eat lean meats?
>>
File: 1445891094975.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445891094975.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>37333571
Bumping my question, stupid as it may be. Does the top fit?
>>
>>37339585
when in doubt get a tighter one, looks ok though
did you really bother to black out your entire background?
>>
I only use dumbells at the moment, would I be able to lift the same amount if I switched to barbells?
e.g i can bench 25s, would I easily be able to bench 50kg on bar? Is the form much different?
>>
Can anyone recommend some good shoes for pronated feet?
>>
Fatass trying to lose weight here.

I've noticed that, since I started lifting a couple months ago, I've been feeling pain in my lover back and hips. I'm sure I'm doing some of the lifts with improper form, but I think I also have anterior pelvic tilt.

What should i do to fix this? Should I stop doing certain exercises, and focus on other ones instead?
>>
Anyone else struggled to get and maintain a pump in training following a cut? Been in a surplus for two weeks and it still doesn't feel right.
>>
File: 1462086318297.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1462086318297.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
Is a 750cal deficit okay to get down to 12% body fat? In terms of muscle preservation. Will any losses be negligible?
>>
>>37339869
if you think you have a problem get it diagnosed, don't listen to advice from unqualified retards like me saying whether you're healthy or not
>>
>>37339869
Get a session with a PT. They'll be able to check your lifts and make sure you're doing them right, and hopefully notice and medical abnormalities you may or may not have.

I'd also suggest you go down in the weight you're lifting (maybe increase reps to compensate) as that helps with form. Some specific lifts also have "safety" versions you can do to help you progress without injury. For squats you can use a squat safety bar, or for deadlifts you can use plates to start the lift from higher off the ground.
>>
>>37339859
Dumbbell press is generally harder so theoretically you should be able to bench more than 50 kg on the bar. However, it's hard to tell if you don't do barbell press regularly because the form is quite different.
>>
I just got out of the shower and was checking out my posture in the mirror to see if I have lordosis.

I got the hardest erection I've had in a while from looking at my own ass and dick.

What does it mean?
>>
How aesthetic can you get natty? Post pics of natty aesthetics.
>>
>>37340089
it means you're gonna make it
>>
I got myself a proper pull-up bar 2 months ago and spent entire day pulling up and hanging from it. As a result, I fucked up something in my shoulder. I wasn't able to lift because of that but now the pain is totally gone, but I don't want to get that again.
My shoulders are still popping loud when I'm not warmed up though.

What should I do to make sure my shoulders are as healthy and safe as possible?
>>
Should I do arms exercises 5x5 too?
>>
Will I make much more considerable gains in 3 months of PHAT/PPL than a 5 day/week strength program with accessories if I am bulking a lot?
>>
will I ever get a qt gf?
>>
>>37339963
Bamp
>>
2 kg weight lost in a month - is it a good pace ?
Should I try harder to lose weight or should I be fine ?
For reference - 5'6(169),164(74.8), femanon
>>
i'm trying to work on hip-drive, but i noticed now i am moving forward when i start to get back up from a low squat w/ weight.
Feels like i'm moving my hips up but the back lags behind a bit, so the bar moves forward relative to my feet and then i'm pushing most of the weight back up in more of a goodmorning than squat movement.

How do i stop that?!
>>
>>37340713
pound per week is a good pace. If you don't have some sort of deadline to meet, continue.
You're more likely to be comfortable at less of a deficit (500-ish/day for 1pound/week?), and a diet is not something you do for a couple of weeks and then forget about it to go back and eat whatever the fuck you want in any amount you can fit in
>>
any lowerback excersises besides deadlift?
also is it worth altering the beginner programs for more bodybuilding?
and is it redundant to hit the gym more than 4 times a week or? (while im following beginner 4 day split)
>>
>>37340757
barbell row, lowbar squat, goodmorning, hyperextensions, supermans?
>>
>>37340734
Yeah, I know about the diet. I'm trying to fix my eating habits for good. My only problem is eating out for lunch, I can never tell how much I'm eating.

Also, can you tell me, how much I need to lose to recalculate my tdee again ?
I know that it is needed to do, but never remember when.
>>
>>37339963
Anyone?
>>
File: wallpaper.jpg (347 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper.jpg
347 KB, 2560x1600
i'm 5'9, 152lbs at 17.2% bf

i started lifting and cutting 6 months ago, i want to cut to 12% bf but i don't feel too great at this weight. should i continue to cut below 15% or listen to my body and slow bulk?
>>
>>37340792
If you take Mifflin St Jeor, your weight is factored in linear as 10*[weight in kg] or [some lower factor]*[arbitrary imperial rollercoaster], multiplied by your activity factor.

unless you drop or gain significant weight, it won't change much about your deficit - just go to whatever calculator you used and throw in a few numbers right now to see the difference.
To keep the pace steady, maybe change your target every 100kcal difference - that might be 3-5kg for an active person.
>>
>EC stack
>Adding Yohimbine HCI
>Cutting at -500
>Lifting 4 days a week
>Ketosis
>Still stubborn belly fat and love handles
>drinking like 3 liters of water a day
>biking daily

why is this happening

I can feel my soul dying
>>
If my last rep take a lot of time to complete ( like 5 full seconds to raise the bar in a Bench press ).

Is it still good if I kept my form ?
>>
>>37339963
I'm sure it's too high .
>>
>>37341188
>>37340892
There was a thread about something like :
Your mass ( Kg) * ( 0.01*bodyfat) * 34 = Max calories you should burn a day for fat loss .
>>
If during cutting, I'm increasing the weights I'm lifting and still being able to lift them as I progress, does it mean I'm getting stronger/more muscles or it's my body getting used to that weight and that's why it's get easier to lift it?
>>
>>37333603
Listen to your doctor plz anon. Survival > swoleness, and you can get swole again later.
>>
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gluhareff2.htm
Thoughts? I am currently skinny fat at 12 stone
>>
>>37334662
What's it replacing, though? If you're starting to drink green tea instead of sugary or fatty drinks (like most of the things you can order at Starbucks) or pop or whatever, all of a sudden, you're basically eating better. It's not that this change alone burns fat, per se, but on the other hand, your body will be making less fat.
>>
If I have to do 3 sets of somethings that can be done on a flat/incline/decline bench can I do :

3xX decline -> 3xX Flat -> 3xX Incline ?

Or should I stick to the same ?
>>
>>37337460
I gained 40 lbs in my first bulk, but to call it all lbm would be a joke.
But is 40lbs of straight lbm, probably a bit more but I like to be conservative with round mumbers average or genetic freak territory.
I'm training in the NE US atm (here on an internship) and I met the former Mr. Conneticut bb'er. Told me to consider competing as is at 187 (walk around at 190 w/food &water) in men's classic bodynuilding. I want to step on stage in a year though at about the same weight but a lot leaner.
>>
File: direct-producteur-poulet.jpg (559 KB, 1673x1491) Image search: [Google]
direct-producteur-poulet.jpg
559 KB, 1673x1491
hi guys, regarding organic food and organic chicken in general, is it worth the price?

so these organic chicken breasts at the convenience store made from chickens raised out in the open and shit are TWICE the price of the normal breasts, but is it worth it from a dietary/macros point of view? like 26€/kg versus 13€/kg, i couldn't believe it when i saw it
>>
>>37341644
>is it worth it from a dietary/macros point of view?
no, the only gains you can make with this are in your mind. Which will be greatly offset by the deficit in your wallet.
>>
File: 1426491648001.gif (83 KB, 371x388) Image search: [Google]
1426491648001.gif
83 KB, 371x388
How retarded is this?
>>37341663
>>37341672
>>
>>37341728
ok, ty bro, won't buy the organic chicken then
>>
Tried teaching myself deadlifts but felt sharp pain in my lower back day after.
Pussied out.

Should I learn the snatch grip deadlift first,and then proceed to conventional?
Heard that the snatch grip makes keeping a neutral spine much easier.
>>
Non fitness related question

>Sister has boyfriend living at house with my Mum
>Mum doesn't want him living there anymore because he's lazy as shit, doesn't pay rent or help around the house, also always fighting with sister
>Mum is too much of a pushover to kick him out because sister defends him and tells him its fine
>Mum now asks me to tell him to pack his shit and leave, doesn't care how I do it

How should I approach this?
I'm 6'6" 290, not sure whether I should be a complete dick and try and scare him off or just try to reason with him

What do, I never really have to use my size irl desu
>>
>>37341853
if the lower back is your weakest part in the chain, i don't see much point in increasing the imbalance by using an exercise that puts emphasis on different muscles.
you can do snatch grip deadlifts of course, but add something for your lower back m8...
>>
>>37341936
seconding
try GHR if you want to know what a tight as balls lower back feels like
>>
>>37341927
Tell him that he is a fucking deadbeat. And that he has until the next day to move out or all his stuff is going in the trash.

Keep a tire iron handy in case he gets violent and you need to fuck him up.
>>
>>37341978
Fair enough, sounds pretty easy desu, but how do I deal with a possible crazy suicidal episode from my sister as a result from this
>>
File: Full-Metal-Jacket-600x337[1].jpg (43 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Full-Metal-Jacket-600x337[1].jpg
43 KB, 600x337
How much are 2 diopters/eye in 1/2,1/3,etc. vision, roughly? I'm nearing my countries age limit for enlisting and strongly considering it but the cutoff is in one of those bullshit ratings. Google didn't help.
>>
How much does your training split matter on a cut?
>>
File: posturearoo.jpg (248 KB, 600x2015) Image search: [Google]
posturearoo.jpg
248 KB, 600x2015
How is my posture?

Used to have bad lordosis, what else could I fix? I think I have forward rounded shoulders personally. Does anyone else think so?
>>
Thoughts on training traps? I'm manlet mode (5'6) with a thick neck (16.5) that is pretty short. Right now I do not train my traps at all because whenever I see someone with my build and big traps they look completely neckless, like their head is built into their shoulders, it looks wierd.

What are your thoughts on this, will it take away from the overall physique? I would say my shoulders are by far my best feature but when I flex they really make my traps disappear completely.
>>
>>37342290
Hard to tell about your shoulders, but they seem to be close to alignment. Basically they should fall straight to your knees, right now the back of them do but it should be a little more in the middle. However, your ears are suppose to fall directly over your middle shoulder and its pretty clear they do not. So I suspect forward head posture or an overall slouch to your posture that is causing it. I suspect your upper back is very weak.
>>
>>37342143
Shouldn't matter to much. Try to keep the weight as close to what you were lifting precut and cut a rep or two if you need to maintain the weight. But of course make sure your not pussing out and cutting the rep cause your "on a cut" you still want to try to push yourself.
>>
>>37342330
Yeah looking at a diagram, you are correct.

I'll look into starting stretches and working some, thanks bruh.

As for weak muscles, anything you can recommend in particular? I currently do DB Rows, Chinups and lat pulldowns as isolation type work. Deadlift and all the other barbell lifts too of course.
>>
File: IMG_20160528_103846.jpg (293 KB, 1660x1444) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160528_103846.jpg
293 KB, 1660x1444
Bulk or cut?

Manlet been lifting for 1.5 months.

Been trying to bulk, but I tend to overestimate my calories cuz of the previous year long cut. Just worried that if I don't bulk, I'll plateau super hard.
>>
>>37342380
The two exercises I would likely recommend the most and are pretty easy to do at home is to do both band pull aparts (both underhanded and overhanded, 3-5 sets of 20 reps). And then also band (or regular) facepulls with a similar strength band.

The facepulls will help with your rear delts and pull them back a bit as they strengthen and the band pull aparts should help with the upper back.

Pendlay rows are also descent upper back work. I find that DB rows tend to be mid back or more of the lats depending on where you start and pull to.
>>
>>37342417
Clean bulk until next spring, start a cut, and you're gonna look cut as hell brah
>>
>>37342417
Cut if northern hemisphere, bulk if southern
>>
File: vRnXRJG.jpg (61 KB, 500x608) Image search: [Google]
vRnXRJG.jpg
61 KB, 500x608
>>37342417

Bulk, if you want to get big you have to eat big. If you're uncomfortable with putting on some extra fat during the summer then I'd say to hold off til August, but you got good framework to scale up on.
>>
>>37342417
>I tend to overestimate my calories
GOM*AD
*whole milk you faget
>>
r8 h8 mastrb8

A:
Diddylift 5/3/1
Front Squats 4x8
Calf Raises 3x20
Hanging Leg Raises (toes to bar) 4xF

B:
The Press 5/3/1
Pendlay Row 3x5
Incline DB Press 4x8
Dips 4xF

C:
Skwaat 5/3/1
Snatch grip DL 4x8
Calf Raises 3x20
Hangin Leg Raises (ttb) 4xF

D:
Binch 5/3/1
Chinup 3x5
Push Press 4x8
Pullups 4xF
>>
What is the best form of cardio improving endurance?
>>
>>37342452
>>37342467
>>37342489
Sweet. Thanks. These align well with what I planning. Thanks for the affirmation.
>>
How do I get started on counting calories, on a bulk.
>>
>>37342608
Myfitnesspal
>>
>>37342431
Thanks, ordered some bands. Appreciate the help.
>>
>>37342572
Ruck marching. Carry 100lbs in a big backpack and walk 12 miles at a 13 min mile pace. Only do like one a month though.
>>
File: IMG-20160426-WA0015.jpg (36 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160426-WA0015.jpg
36 KB, 540x540
i do this routine every other day - i quite like it, but: is it stupid?

Everything 5x10, except Deadlifts 3x5

A: Squats, Rows, OHP, DB-Butterflies, Skullcrushs, Hammer Curl
B: Bench Press, Bent-over DB-Rows, OHP, DB-Lunges, Deadlift, Standing Curl

Never quite sure if any of those are better swapped into another routine
>>
>>37342663
How long have you been lifting, and what weights are you lifting?
>>
after squatting, my knees and hamstrings hurt even though my form is good, is there any way to prevent it, do stretches or something?
>>
>>37333456
Me and my cousin are about to start exercising and cutting. The calculator says that he needs to eat 3500 calories a day, and I need 4500. The only problem is that it seems like it would be a shit ton of food if we were eating chicken breasts, brown rice, and broccoli with hardboiled eggs in the morning. What foods do we need to buy to get more calories while eating less? It has to be something that I can cook all at once on Sunday, since we don't have the time to cook every meal right before we eat it.
>>
>>37333571
>>37339585
Top looks fine faggot stop worrying about it
>>
>>37342663
pretty novice. doing this programme for 3 months now

i bench 40 kg, deadlift 75kg, curl 12, squat 40kg, OHP 25kg. so yeah, pretty starter-mode, i guess
>>
>>37342857
meant for >>37342690
>>
my calves hurt after 30 minutes of jump rope. It was my first day in a while (not been /fit/ at all), yet I didn't think cardio would make me sore. I was just expecting being sore from workout days. Is it normal? 178cm 75~ kg normal body, have some muscle, have some fat as well.
>>
How long would it take to raise my bench by 100 pounds doing chest once a week?
>>
>>37343060

Including the bar? You should be able to start at the weight
>>
does anyone have a pic of what the "natty" limit with creatine looks like?
>>
>>37333456
What kind of shoes should I wear to the gym. Chucks? Do vans sk8-his work?
>>
how often do you increase the weight on a hyperthrophy routine?

I can't imagine putting 2.5kg on every squat or OHP
>>
How do I build up my bice
>>
Should I train cardio after a workout or during my rest days ?
>>
How long to rest tendon sprain in shoulder?
What percentage of weight to start at after resting?
>>
>>37342417
Do chest isolation every workout, your arms are massive compared to your chest
>>
>>37343174
No like say I bench 200 right now. About how long will it take till I can do 300?
>>
>>37343425
i second this. atm i do a 25 min circle bodyweight training after lifting just because i am already in the spirit
>>
Is it possible to gain a small amount of muscle on a caloric deficit of just a few hundred calories? What's the best way to go about this?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
What body fat percentage do you guys think I'm at? Still cutting, just curious were im at
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 831x1581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 831x1581
>>37343856
>>
File: image.png (931 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
931 KB, 750x1334
>>37343862
Before
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 560x987) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 560x987
>>37343879
>>
>>37343794
If you're just starting, sure. You won't make the insane beginner gains of eating big, but you definitely can increase your strength and lose weight if you're weak and overweight now.
Eat healthy, make sure you get your brotein. Apps can help you watch macros if you don't have a clue or don't want to put in the effort.
>>
>>37343890
100%
>>
>>37333456
I've noticed that every now and again I get a twinge in my heart and it is slightly painful. I had a heart defect at birth (premature baby) that apparently cleared up...
>>
>>37343856

Man why are you cutting? You literally have no muscle to show off. Also your shoulder to waist ratio is very feminine

shitgenetics/10
>>
>>37340255
bump
>>
>>37343934
See your doctor, it sounds like a rotator cuff issue.
>>
>>37343879
dont call it cutting when you clearly havent build and muscle, youre just a fat kid doing cardio
>>
>>37343890
>>37343879
>>37343862
>>37343856

low test
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.