[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/... I think the end is here for me. I embarked on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: embargo.jpg (39 KB, 529x352) Image search: [Google]
embargo.jpg
39 KB, 529x352
/fit/... I think the end is here for me.

I embarked on this journey almost four years ago. Over those years, I've learned a lot, discovered /fit/, cut, bulked, went up and down in weight, gained muscle and lost muscle, discovered Zyzz, been inspired ... but overall, I've became healthy and fit, either bigger (200lbs) or smaller (172lbs) at 6'2". Ive faced obstacles, like we all have, But now.. now I've been hit with an obstacle I don't know if I can really get past.

Up front, I want to apologize about being a faggot and writing a blog. But I'm fucking depressed.

About last week, I got in bed. About a minute later, I felt just a mild pain in my back. I've always had back and neck problems, but generally it was the muscle; nothing to worry about. I've always been an athlete and took athletic approaches, stretching and not overdoing myself. However, last week along with my sport and gym, I think I overdid it.. and I may have fucked myself up.

After walking around for about 30 minutes, my back and neck felt no better. My spine felt "loose" and scared the shit out of me. I went to bed, hoping to wake up feeling better ... to no avail.

This pain and uncomfortable feeling has not ceased for over a week and half. I tried to stop being a pussy, got up and walked to the gym .. but on my walk over I nearly lost my balance and feel over. I had to focus on walking straight, got light ended ... and realized this might be really it.

Now, I sit here writing this pile of shit in self pity. If I get up, it hurts. If I even attempt something, I'm stricken with the uncomfortable reminder that I'm fucked. In the past almost 2 weeks, I've done no physical activity, since I can't without almost falling down from becoming unbalanced and light headed, and general pain in my back and neck. My neck pops and cracks if I move it around.
cont. in next post
>>
File: 1463709249503.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463709249503.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Go to a doctor and become well again ur gonna make it
>>
File: trumphomes28n-3-web.jpg (40 KB, 635x422) Image search: [Google]
trumphomes28n-3-web.jpg
40 KB, 635x422
>>37238054

We're all gonna make it brah
>>
File: 8vdPIU0.png (11 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
8vdPIU0.png
11 KB, 645x773
I can't describe how depressed I am. I've been working since December on a goal I had, and have made great gains, shared great times with /fit/ and my friends on here, my really only friends.

I've always lived a very very active lifestyle, and now I don't know what to do. I watch YouTube videos on stupid shit, eat shit, and generally become shit. My dream of becoming an athlete, even on the big stage, seems to have vanished.. I don't want to believe it has. Even my dad, my biggest supporter through my life, called me up today and said that maybe it's not going to happen, urging me to pursue my law degree (something I plan on doing regardless).

I can't comprehend not being active, fit, and an athlete .. pro or amatuer. I'm drowning in sorrow, sadness.

Please, somebody tell me I'm going to get through it.
>>
>>37238054
Stop being a cunt and go to a doctor. Are you too stupid to know you should do that?
>>
>>37238071
I have no insurance
>>
>>37238054
Go to the fucking doctor you moron.
>>
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 800x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 800x628
>>37238079
Doesn't matter, you could have a fracture or some kind of injury that can and will fuck you up in the long run.
>>
File: croton.png (470 KB, 401x500) Image search: [Google]
croton.png
470 KB, 401x500
>>37238080
>>37238085
how the fuck am i suppose to see a doctor when i have no money and no insurance for one
>>37238066
i want to make donald proud. Make my spine great again trup
>>
I hurt my back and it took me 2 years to recover.

Itll be okay op.
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 236x177
>>37238096
If you live in the US go to the emergency room, at the very least you will get X-rays or a CT scan, maybe even a MRI. You'll get a bill for it but for fuck sakes man, look up a C1 or C2 fracture, you could be one fart or sneeze away from being paralyzed

Fatass paramedic here btw
>>
>>37238131
ok since you're a paramedic here can I ask you some questions?

>experience general discomfort in my spine, but MOSTLY in my neck
what does that mean?
>have spine pain but not crippling

What do you think I have? i have no idea maybe i can wait it out?
>>
>>37238145
Have you injured it at all? Fall or anything random that you can think of?

It sounds muscular but the fact that your neck and back are involved can be indicators of something more. If you continue to workout take it easy and stretch. Get some Motrin or NSAIDs and see if that helps
>>
>>37238171
No. I'm a golfer, swing the club over 500 times a day .. I believe I may have over done it.. You think it's muscle and just feels like spine? My neck and back keep cracking
>>
>>37238179
That's probably your problem...

Still take some anti inflammatories and take a few days off from that repetitive motion. You are going to continue to hurt if you are swinging a club daily. Body and muscles may need a break
>>
>>37238208
So you're saying it's muscles and not spine? can i start thanking jesus now or
>>
File: image.png (285 KB, 853x364) Image search: [Google]
image.png
285 KB, 853x364
>>37238216
No not at all, I'm no doctor...

If you want to be sure you'll need the test I mentioned above. Take it easy get some muscle rub. Give yourself another week or so of light activity. If it still hurts like hell you need to goto the ER/ see a doctor. The fact that you don't have insurance doesn't mean you can't be evaluated or treated for a potentially serious injury. Just be smart and don't ignore it.

We're all gonna make it breh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.