[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDTTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: 1410681057055.jpg (100 KB, 999x624) Image search: [Google]
1410681057055.jpg
100 KB, 999x624
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
>>37282417
I have obvious abdominal muscles, likely more so than that of an average person WITH visible abs, however, mine don't show. I know this is because of my body fat %, which is 16-17%. Obviously, I need to cut. However, when I attempt to cut I can never get past 15% really without losing a shit ton of energy that prevents me from doing other things in my life (work, sporting events, etc.). I cut to 14% about 3 months ago, but go mono and was fatigued af for 3 weeks.

My question is; how can I cut to the ideal 10-12% bf so my abs show WITHOUT starving myself and losing my energy? I do to cardio, a shit ton of it ... but maybe I am doing something wrong? I'll list my meals and workouts in the next post.

Also, when I take my shirt off I have a good build from working out/labor stuff, but it doesn't necessarily look like I really lift. However, with a shirt on, I've been told I look like I lift more than my friends (I'm 6'2"). Is cutting a good way to actually look like you lift with yoru shirt off? when I flex, it looks like I lift and I can even see some ab definition in the top and general area of my stomach .. however, like I already said, my true abs are covered in fat.. I can do all the ab exercises in the world and still never see them unless I successfully cut.

Is it true that getting smaller (CUTTING) will actually make you look BIGGER?
>>
>>37282453
Nice blog faggot. I bet your cardio is like your writing. Long, boring and inefficient. Sprint more, jog less.
>>
how much should you be able to dumbbell bench compared to barbell bench? Ive never done dumbbell bench and im shaky atm but whats a good percentage to shoot for?
>>
I'm a hungry skeleton who is new to lifting and was wondering if there are any "good" meal planners on the web. I took a look at Scooby's Custom Meal Planner and for a medium carb diet with a 10% calorie surplus the amount of certain foods I'd have to eat daily seems ridiculous (.5 kg of tomatoes and asparagus to meet my daily carb intake). In such cases, should I do the obvious and replace such suggestions with more carb dense foods? Are there any other reputable meal planners?
>>
>>37282417
Stupid question here. Does high altitude affect the amount of daily calories you burn. Should you adjust for any reason?
>>
>>37282453
Your calories seem very low granted all of your exercise, I would actually eat MORE.

If you are struggling with the mental game, make it easier on yourself. Also eat heaps of fibrous veggies, they make you feel nice and full but don't count much towards cal total.s
>>
>>37282598
I've found it varies wildly, anywhere from 30-50%
>>
>>37282716
Work out what you like eating and can eat and start from there. Then after you have a day planned out find out how many more cals/macros you need and plan them into a shake.
>>
What's the downside to too much protein? Like 100g+ over your macro goal? (Besides weight gain which isn't an issue for me)

Just found out I've been incorrectly measuring the amount of chicken I've been eating this whole time, and Google only has bullshit results for lazy fatfuck Americans
>>
5'10 recovering fatty here. I've been doing well with losing weight (lost over 40 pounds so far) and cardio, but I'm just not good at lifting.

I only started about two month ago, and I'm still struggling to get above 100 pounds in any of my lifts. What do I do?
>>
>>37283263
cancer
>>
>>37283263
If it makes up too high % of your macros you will come in low on fats and carbs, so maybe low energy.

I once tried to cut on pure protein and shit blood, so there is that too.
>>
>>37283288
>I only started about two month ago, and I'm still struggling to get above 100 pounds in any of my lifts. What do I do?
Just keep showing up. Your goal right now is to lose fat and you are doing that. Keep reviewing and working on form and you may be able to eek some more gains out. What are your lifts?
>>
I've been doing Ice Cream Fitness 3x5 (cutting version) for the past month and I'm not really expecting to see any real results since I'm only consuming around 1600 calories/day and mainly focusing on fat loss. Anyways, what's /fit/'s opinion on the ICF routine?

I'm 20, 5'7 (tfw), currently 148 lbs (skinny fat)
>>
>>37283263

Your neuropeptides will overloaded,causing your brain to misfire and you become a Latvian.
>>
how do I look at the old /fit/ archive? Desustorage doesnt have images from back then and I don't know what to do with archive.moe
help me
>>
>>37283354
A starting routine that works. Personally I think it has way too many accessories and would prefer Strong Lifts (I started with Starting Strength myself).
>>
>>37283336

>What are your lifts?

I'm currently doing SL 5x5, so

Day A: Squats, Bench Press, Rows
Day B: Squats, OHP, Deadlifts

I haven't done deadlifts recently, because my back has been hurting lately, and my doctor said I probably strained a muscle there.

Should I just stop lifting for a while until it heals? Because for all I know, it might be my squats causing the pain.
>>
>>37283401
Thoughts on my "modified" routine?

A

Back Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
bent over row 3x5
barbell shrugs 2x8
tricep extensions 2x8
standing barbell curl 2x8
deadlift 1x5
cable crunch 3x10

B

back squat 3x5
deadlift 1x5
standing press 3x5
bent over row 3x5
bench press (i dont like close grip bp cuz my bp sucks ass) 3x5
standing barbell curl 2x8
cable crunch 3x10
>>
>>37283451
>What are your lifts?
I mean what weights anon
>>
File: 1.jpg (426 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
426 KB, 849x565
Is soda addictive? Not just caffeinated soda, but soda in general.
I always read about how difficult people find cutting soda out of their diet is. Like it's a legitimate struggle of the will not to drink a gallon of the stuff a day.
I only ask because it seems like soda is the only junk food that has this effect on people
>>
>>37283470
I don't like it. Way too much unrequired accessory work and deadlift after shrugs for example is nonsense. Looking at 'B' day, that is terrible.

What are your lifts?
>>
Are scooby's beginnier and intermediate routines any good for aesthetics ?
http://scoobysworkshop.com/beginning-workout-plan/
http://scoobysworkshop.com/intermediate-workout-plan/
>>
>>37283513
>I only ask because it seems like soda is the only junk food that has this effect on people
I've found more people who struggle with fast food than soda. Certainly for some reason people just cannot stop it, even sneaking out of the house after midnight for a fix.
>>
If I have 50kg of excess fat, and can squat 100kg 5x5, if lost the fat, would I be able to squat 150kg 5x5?
>>
>>37282417
Ever since I did a half-marathon 2 weeks ago, my left knee started acting weird. Being a stubborn individual, I continued squatting with my workouts as usual. It's not "pain" per se, much rather a feeling of "something's off", like my knee is about to fall out.
Wat do? How do I diagnose what's "broken" and how do I go about fixing it?
>>
Lots of people say that deadlifting will really transform your body.

Is it true? Should I start deadlifting? How will it affect my body aesthetic-wise?
>>
>>37283521
>any good for aesthetics ?
Progressing in weight on the bar means muscle added. This plus not being fat as shit is "aesthetics", of course, you also need non-fucky genetics.

I find scooby's routines lack clear progression (which is important) and he shys away from the big core compound lifts which are imo important.
>>
If I'm cutting, does that mean I'm going to lose muscle and not get good gains?
>>
>>37283538
Yes, Heavy diddlies are one of the best things you can do for overall mass gains.
>>
>>37283535
By going to a doctor and not a chinese medicine board.
>>
>>37283515
>again for reference. 20 years old, 5'7 and 148 lbs skinny fat

A

Back Squat 3x5 170
Bench 3x5 75 (I have no fucking idea my BP is so weak)
bent over row 3x5 60
barbell shrugs 2x8 90
tricep extensions 2x8 50
standing barbell curl 2x8 40
deadlift 1x5 165
cable crunch 3x10 60ish

B

back squat 3x5 170
deadlift 1x5 165
standing press 3x5 50
bent over row 3x5 50
bench press (i dont like close grip bp cuz my bp sucks ass) 3x5 30
standing barbell curl 2x8 40
cable crunch 3x10 60ish
>>
>>37283538
Personally I find the mass gain on deads overrated, but it will no doubt thicken your core and give you some nice traps and upper back development.

In my opinion the best benefit of the deadlift is that it will help you identify any weakness in your body. As it's a total body movement it will point out that your grip is weak, or your core, or your mobility etc. If you can't deadlift, it points to a bigger issue that you get to address.
>>
>>37283556

Okay, I'll start them tomorrow.

Do you recommend any youtube video or article that describes the form? Don't wanna fuck up my back. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>37283530
That's how you get gains brah
>>
>>37283538
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUcHKAj_tc
>>
>>37283553
>does that mean I'm going to lose muscle
Lift, eat protein and don't cut by such a massive deficit and you should lose fat > muscle.

> not get good gains
You will not get as good compared to bulking.
>>
>>37282417
Where does everyone get their gym clothes and what do they wear? Im just using basic shorts and t-shirt but I like the idea of compression shorts and such but dont know where to get them for a good price.
>>
>>37283585

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
>>
>>37283263
serious answer: your body turns the protein into fat if it's not used, just like anything else.
>>
>>37283575
My 2c is that you are very weak. There really is no point doing accessory bench work with 30lb of weight, it's pissing into the wind. I would strip the routine right down and focus on just getting stronger.

You want a bigger chest? Move that 75lb bench to 225lb for reps. Don't know why it's weak? Figure it out with deloads and form checks.

I don't see the point, for example, in supplementing shrugs when you can only deadlift 165. You would be better off getting that deadlift to something like 350lb, that will blow your traps up way more and is achievable on a stripped back beginners routine.
>>
>>37283502
>I mean what weights anon

You mean body weight?

I started at 315 in September, and I'm down to 272 now.
>>
>>37283602
I just got 2 quid cotton shirts from H&M. Pants wise I went to a sporting goods stores and got the ones with skins underneath.

Use flat, rather than running shoes. I buy chalk from rock climbing websites and knee braces from cross fit websites. That is all my equipment.
>>
File: Plastic_Man~01.png (322 KB, 788x1050) Image search: [Google]
Plastic_Man~01.png
322 KB, 788x1050
>>37283597
OK thanks mane!
>>
>>37283630
No, weight on the bar
>>
>>37283671

Christ, I feel retarded now.

Squats - 105 lbs
OHP - 70
Bench - 100
Rows - 95
Deadlift - 135
>>
Will wrist curls build me the strength needed for handstand?
>>
>>37282453
Learn to accept and live with the fact that fat is part of your body's hormone regulation system, not just energy storage, you didn't win the genetic lottery, and that there's a reason for the bulk cut cycle for body builders?
Hop on roids?

You might make one last attempt by reducing the volume of your exercise and reducing your calories even more. Reduce carbs most. Maybe try intermittent fasting. While the only thing that determines final body fat change is the difference in energy in and out, different types of diet with the same caloric content can affect energy and hunger levels.

>>37283140
This is a fascinating question but I have no idea.
>>
>>37283689
>Christ, I feel retarded now.
Well you are in the right place.

Have those lifts stalled? Or are you still striving to add 5lb a session?
>>
>>37283547
Would you recommend SS,SL, or anything else ?
SS seems the most common choice but T-Rex mode spooks me.
>>
>>37283735
T-Rex mode is a meme. Start with SS and once you think your legs are too large, switch out the squats from your wednesday workout for an assistance exercise targeting a group which is lagging behind most.

Don't do SL, it's crap.
>>
>>37282417
Working on document right now. Can any fellow poorfags here tell me how much they can spend on groceries per week/month? As many responses as possible, thanks.
>>
>>37283735
I did SS, I would recommend SL. Why? Because SL has 5x5 rather than 3x5 and I feel like the extra volume allows a newbie to work on form. Also I didn't see any benefit from Power Cleans (SS) but had to play catch up on my rows (which are in SL) when I moved on from SS.

>T-Rex mode
This is a myth. If you do SS/SL right it is over in 3-6 months. You simply cannot add enough muscle in that time to get the kind of imbalance T-Rex implies.

Workout A: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row
Workout B: Squat, Overhead Press, Deadlift

I would add pullups onto the end of Workout B and cable crunches to the end of Workout A.

Why? Because SL (and SS) lack any vertical pull, which hits lats, which gives the V look. Plus, they help your grip which normally is the first thing to falter on the deadlift. The cable crunches are because deep down you want abs and I've found "Squat and Deads build abs" to be untrue granted what most people squat/deadlift.
>>
>>37283755
SL is basically the same as SS just more reps, So why is it crap? More volume more muscles
>>
>>37283793
>More volume more muscles
If the weight was the same, but it never is. If you are lifting 3x5 you will be lifting heavier, and that weight will go just as far in adding size.

There is also the power clean to row swap.
>>
>>37283513
Caffeine is physically addictive.

Beyond that, soda isn't "addictive" except in the way that like, chapstick or picking at scabs is addictive: it's a habit people get into and like.

I don't know how accurate it actually is that soda is that much harder than anything else to cut from the diet. But there might be a couple reasons why it would be:

1: Carbonation is extremely refreshing for some people. I don't know what the explanation might be, but I know I could never be parted from my seltzer.

2: Some people get a lot of their calories from soda, and don't necessarily know how to separate "craving soda" from legitimate hunger for sustenance.

>>37283530
Probably not. Your fat is distributed more evenly over your body, it doesn't get moved as much as weight on the bar.

>>37283535
No pain... but like it's going to fall out? That's weird. But it sounds like you may've just stretched some ligaments too much.

>>37283602
I like the "cool 32" shirts and Champion athletic underwear, both from CostCo. I think I got my track pants from the thrift store.

>>37283263
Excess protein to a point is converted into fats and stored. The metabolic byproducts from this are said to be bad for your kidneys, but I don't know how verified that is. Even more excess is eventually just passed out of your body without processing, but that requires a really excessive amount of protein.

Just like vitamins, if you have too many raw supplies your body's not going to use them to make double strong whatevers. It finishes the job of repairing your body and then dumps the excess.
>>
I do 10 chin-ups at the start of my routine, 5 after I circuit the machines, and then 5 to close out my routine after the free weights. I do this no matter what routine I'm doing.

Am I just wasting my time? The only thing it seems to do is impress the skinny kids trying to get ready for the Army and anger the hamplanets.
>>
>>37283805
so you are telling me that you will have more hypertrophy when you lift 100kg for 3 of five than 90 for 5 sets?
>>
>>37283805
This here.

5x5 is more important for intermediate goals. The volume on SL is so high, especially for a beginner, that it's gonna be part cardio.
>>
>>37283605
Turning protein to fat is an incredibly inefficient process.

It's easier for your body to oxidize the protein for energy and just store fatty acids.
>>
>>37283840
Cool strawman.

I said lifting heavier will go "just as far". Meaning 5x5 at low weight vs 3x5 at higher weight will lead to similiar mass gains.

You made those numbers up, but typically I have found the gap is bigger than that. For example I could squat 100kg 5x5, but 120kg 3x5. I think that leads to similar mass gains.

When I could bench 3x5 @ 100kg, I could 5x5 closer to 85kg. Again, I think that leads to similar mass gains.
>>
>>37283888
you think, but it wont thats like saying 3x5 stimulates the same hypertrophy as 3x10 which it doesnt. There is a reason people do more reps, especially powerlifter. more muscles = more strength when the other factors are the same.

personally i did both and didnt see that much of a difference, except that SL is more exhausting and makes it easier to switch to a higher volume program like 531 afterwards.
>>
>>37283916
>thats like saying 3x5 stimulates the same hypertrophy as 3x10
Stop straw manning what I say, either discuss what I'm saying or don't.

>SL is more exhausting and makes it easier to switch to a higher volume program like 531 afterwards.
You shouldn't be jumping into monthly progression after a beginner routine.
>>
If I am on IF, would be possible to train during my digestion period?
I skip breakfast and eat a meal at 1 pm and 8 pm
>>
>>37283969
Digestion?

If you mean your fasted period, yes. Just note if you are losing strength too much because of it and perhaps adjust. Some people actually enjoy fasted training, I don't.
>>
>>37283933
stawman seems to be the new favorite word of the internet, doesnt make your statement any better.

also you should switch to what is fun and i got bored as fuck doing SS or SL after 5-6 months, alan thrall for example started off with 531 and hes doing pretty well right now.

You said 5x5 at low weight vs 3x5 at higher weight will lead to similar gains and that is just plain wrong. The time under tension at 5x5 is significantly higher since you will take much longer completing these last two sets.
>>
if my lifts keep going up slowly does that imply im eating enough? im not consistent with getting enough calories each day, just aim to be above maintenance cals. if i eat more will that make my lifts go up faster?
>>
>>37283723

The thing is, none of those lifts have really stalled (except for the OHP).

Because of that injury I posted about in >>37283451 , I'm hesitant to add any more weight, because I'm new to this and I don't want any other injuries.
>>
>>37284002
>stawman seems to be the new favorite word of the internet
Simply look up the definition. I made one statement, in each of your posts you changed my statement into something different and attacked it.

>also you should switch to what is fun
Sure, if that is your goal. Most people want maximum progression and going from daily to monthly progression will not yield that.

>You said 5x5 at low weight vs 3x5 at higher weight will lead to similar gains and that is just plain wrong
I can only disagree with this. I've done both for years and never noticed a difference in mass gain rate when I toggle between them.
>>
>>37284006
If your lifts are going up, just keep doing what you are doing. When they start to stall, it's time to look at mixing things up, options are, in order:

>Deload
Take 10% of the weight off and work back up, like getting a running start
>Eat more
Bump calories up by 200 or so a fortnight and see if weight progression starts again
>New routine
You may be at the end of the beginner/intermediate phase.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464046583615-1.jpg (94 KB, 195x629) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464046583615-1.jpg
94 KB, 195x629
Hi /fit/ I'm looking for advice on how to gain muscle mass. I'm not a novice to lifting by any means, but I've never lifted consistently for longer than like 3 months. I'm a skinny guy and have never really been able to pack on muscle that well. What are some tips on how to maximize mass? I've been told that I need to cut back on cardio and up the quantity of my diet. Is this true?
> pic related
>>
When you do rows, is the barbell supposed to touch your chest? I feel like I'm not doing them correctly.
>>
>>37284009
That all sounds fine then. Don't add weight until you are feeling healthier, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Injury avoidance is most important.
>>
>>37284027
what you notice is irrelevant, in science its pretty clear that a higher tut will cause higher hypertrophy which will cause more muscle growth. there is not a single powerlifter in this world who doesnt do a lot of volume.

and strawman my ass, was just an example to clear things up.
>>
>>37284054
Give the sticky a read and post back with questions.
>>
>>37284064
>in science its pretty clear
Please post the science showing 5x5 at lower weight grants more mass than 3x5 at higher weight.

>higher tut
Time under tension is the same for 5 reps and ... 5 reps. Once you hit mechanical breakdown the muscle will grow.

>and strawman my ass, was just an example to clear things up.
You made up numbers to attack, that is a strawman.
>>
>>37284080
Will do
>>
Today I went running, and later started getting a sharp pain behind one of my knees and extending into the calf. It doesn't hinder my movement though, in fact it seems to happen rather when I'm not moving. Is this sciatica? And what can I do about it? Stretching only seems to alleviate it a little.
>>
>>37283782
Thanks man
Im gonna remember you when I post my first progress pictures here.
>>
>>37284063

Sounds good. I'm not really concerned with gains that much; I'm mainly focused on losing fat and weight right now.

Any idea how long it should be until I can safely add weight?
>>
>>37283984
not the fasted , the period while I eat
>>
>>37284105
3x10 = 30 5x5= 25 tut probably around the same, used 3x10 since its widely known as the "bodybuilder" rep range

you will have a significant higher tut with 5x5 than with 3x5 i dont know how this is so hard to comprehend, dont tell me you do 5x5 in the same time you do 3x5, more volume -> more muscle mass, i am not going to search the internet for the most basic knowledge in bodybuilding dude

also the 5x5 manual says anyway that you should switch to 3x5 once the weight gets too heavy to make progress. And then switch to whatever you want

however this discussion is kinda unnecessary since they both dont make a huge difference. were fighting aroung 1kg of muscle more in these 6 months you exercise, so whatever
>>
>>37284145
Rest. Try running on grass and not road/concrete, it can be hard on joints
>>37284147
Gospeed anon
>>37284151
I like to draw faces in my log book which express how happy/comfortable I was with a lift. When I look back and see a smiley face I know I felt good last time and can add weight.

>>37284153
Even better.
>>37284220
I'll get back to this after work meeting.
>>
>>37284237
ill probably not be here annymore by this time, but you seem like a pretty knowledgeable guy so i guess its absolutely not wrong what youre saying. Just dont get the part with the hypertrophy
>>
>>37282417
How bad will one night with little or no sleep affect my gains on a night where I've lifted? My sleeping pattern is pretty bad of late and I need to get up early the next few days...
>>
Been lifting for a few years now, went through SS to Greyskull and then some weird PPL routine 5 days a week. Still getting some pretty decent weekly gains while on a bulk.

Should I check out the Texas Method with some accessory shit or just keep on the PPL?
>>
>>37284237
love you anon
>>
>>37284273
Okay. Worth a discussion anyway. My only point is that time under tension is a function that exists within a set, it has to do with how long a set takes, not how many sets you do. It's about there taking 40-50 seconds to hit full muscle fibre recruitment in a set.
>>
>>37284275
Impossible to tell really anon.
>>37284290
>Should I check out the Texas Method with some accessory shit or just keep on the PPL?
Depends on your goals. Texas Method is a great way to raise your bench/OHP/deadlift/squat. However, it can be tough to program in pulling volume to match the bench/ohp volume.
>>
>>37284290
Also worth noting

"Still getting some pretty decent weekly gains while on a bulk."

If it ain't broke...
>>
>>37284410
Honestly, I'd like to throw on some good muscle mass. The PPL did well, but it seems like my body or genetics aren't the type to just pack shit on. Did a six month bulk on the PPL and I can't really tell I've changed at all besides arm growth.
>>
>>37284476
>seems like my body or genetics aren't the type to just pack shit on
I felt this way until I started taking objective measurements. Pull out the tape and calipers and do weekly readings on chest/wait/leg/arm girth to track progress. What you will learn is that lot's of your problems are in your head and you are truly progressing just fine.

Texas Method is a great way to add on mass and strength, it's highly customizable and will be a refreshing change away from PPL. Make sure you read Rip and Justin's books on it though before diving in, it's a template and you have to know what you are doing when designing your routine.

Final note, if you want good muscle mass. Do a LONG bulk. I bulked for 14 months and added 20kg, best thing I ever did.
>>
File: scooby.jpg (70 KB, 373x502) Image search: [Google]
scooby.jpg
70 KB, 373x502
I was prescribed vyzane for my attention problems, asides from not feeling hungry with it, will it affect my gains? Considering im eating well?
>>
I'm reading mixed messages everywhere including stickies so I'll give it a shot here:

Does cardio really burn muscles? I'm fat (10 KG / 22 lbs overweight) and obviously lift weights too.
I always start up with doing 1 KM of cardio and then lift. Sticky says you build up about .2 lbs muscle a week which is already very low.

Doing cardio with it altogether leaves almost nothing, correct? So should I skip cardio and lift only?
>>
>>37284949
cardio uses calories that could be spent on lifting

the solution is to eat more
>>
>>37284974
I'm trying to lose weight and slightly built muscles. Eating more is not going to help me losing weight / fat
>>
>>37284949
>Does cardio really burn muscles?
Cardio burns calories. If you aren't eating enough to cover the cardio it will need to go searching in your body for those calories.

In the case of cutting, if you are losing weight too fast you may be losing muscle. In this case, either ease up on cardio or eat slightly more. I prefer the latter option.
>>
>>37282417
what should I be doing on the 4 days a week where im not doing SS? Right now I'm doing some cardio and accessories, but without a gameplan my workout is mostly me looking for something to do
>>
>>37285061
You can do stretches to work your flexibility
>>
>>37285061
Swimming, C25K, mobility, stretching, yoga etc.

The sticky has a starting stretch and starting mobility.
>>
if i miss a workout on monday, and i have another on tuesday and wedsnday and thursday is a rest day, do i now do the workout i missed on tuesday, and lose my restday?
>>
What advantage does OHP have over dumbbell shoulder press?
>>
>>37284523
Well, danke friend.

I need to do a good long and clean bulk. Last time I added about that much in 6 months and I swear 90% of it was just fat. I had 40lbs before I even knew it. I was thinking of just doing 200-500 above my TDEE a week and cruising on that for awhile until winter for a real bulk.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x1136
>>37282417
Whenever I do wide grip pull-ups, the middle of my shoulders hurt, but not enough to not finish my set. What gives?
>>
>>37285254
Up to you anon. It's your routine.
>>37285260
The limiting factor in DB shoulder press is typically stabilization. The BB is easier to hold and lets shoulders be limiting factor.

It's also easier to progress adding 2.5kg to the bar, rather than 2.5kg to each DB.
>>
>>37285263
40lb in 6 months sounds like too much.

I think between 2-4 lbs a month is what you should shoot for. If you bulk for a year, 24-48 lb should be the goal. Higher weight gain depending on how new you are.
>>
File: 1462393770418.jpg (26 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
1462393770418.jpg
26 KB, 300x230
Having some trouble on my cut guys. MyFitnessPal has me at 1990 calories daily, which is under my TDEE (2700 calories for my weight), Now, the question is, do I have to eat as closely as possible to this, or is there a range?

According to MFP, I average about 13-1500 calories daily, and I'm not really losing weight, despite going to the gym 3-5 times a week. I always come under my carb and fat macros, usually over on my protein, not sure where I'm going wrong.
>>
>>37285477
You are underestimating how much you eat by a LONG way.

If your TDEE was 2700 and you are eating half that daily, you would be expected to lose about 3lb a week just based on the maths. If you aren't even losing weight than you are over eating without realizing.
>>
Im skinny with a little chub. Literally only a pouch of fat on my belly and thats it, im not overweight or anything like that either. So should i do cardio first, get rid of chub and bulk from there or should i just bulk and cut it all later?
>>
>>37285528
You should start lifting. Eat at a slight deficit and learn the lifts.

By the time that happens you should be well positioned to start adding weight.
>>
Can my other lifts progress if I stall my squat?

I think I'm going to stop at 1pl8 because I don't want to squat too heavy and injure myself. Today I started using my back a little and it got stiff (115).

I was thinking of stopping at 1pl8, but still continue to do 3x5 everyday but still continue to raise my other lifts like my bench and ohp.
Current ohp is 70 and bench is 105
>>
I got protein shake powder and it seems no matter how much I mix it, it never mixes completely and there's always chunks of powder when I drink it. Is this normal? I put in the recommended amount of powder and about 4 ounces extra of milk
>>
>>37285724
Get a blender bottle, or now protein, sometimes the protein itself is shit

blend it, whisk it, do something
>>
not in good shape but getting into it. not much experience

6'1
185 lbs

new to fitness and have been lurking not sure how my body actually looks from another perspective, whether i should focus more on building muscle or cutting
>>
>>37285499
I'm going to start weighing my food with a kitchen scale then to make it perfect, that way I can't fuck it up.
>>
>>37285874
Also count everything you eat, not just what you want to count.

You are off by a factor of over 1000. You are sneaking entire meals in daily.
>>
>>37285873
You need to focus on lifting.
>>
>>37285784
I actually used a blender bottle for it
>>
File: imgres.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
how will cigarettes affect my gains, besides lung capacity?
>>
>>37285962
It's hard to track things like a handful of peanuts as a snack, since it's not something I can eyeball, but if for example I'm having chicken I can say one chicken breast.
>>
>>37286049
not at all, u should smoke cigarettes as often as u can
>>
>>37286049
Just top of my head, I know nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, so you'll be getting less blood flow to the tissues, so you'l probably require extra rest/sleep if not extended DOMS.
>>
Ever since finishing the last 10x3 day on smolov jr for bench, my left tricep has been twitching in 5-10 min bursts several times a day. It's been 2 weeks and it's still happening, although the daily frequency of the twitching has gone down. What gives?
>>
>try squat everyday
>go three weeks deep making amazing progress
>throbbing pain in my mid-outter calf when squatting
>goes away hours after I'm done
>comes back with any type of squatting movement
>doesn't hurt at all to run on
>doesn't hurt when I do calf work

Any ideas? I thought it would've been tendinitis or maybe compartment syndrome but after seeing that it doesn't hurt to run on, I'm clueless.
>>
>>37286061
If you are struggling to lose weight don't snack on handfuls of peanuts.
>>
I'm recently starting to lift...
gym where i live is too expensive, i could buy a barbell, 40kg worth of disks (i'm dyel), 2 dumbbells, a squat rack and a bench for what would buy me 5 months of gym... now the question is: should i go for it?

PROS:
+Save money
+Nearest Gym's in a shady neighborhood and it's difficult to go there
+don't have to deal with crossfit faggots telling me i'm doing my lifts too slowly
CONS:
-Social aspect of the gym (although this gym's mostly old people anyway)
-being autistic with a home gym
-not having someone to criticize my form and to give me advice / spotters
-less variety of machines

so, what do you say?
>>
I cut the tip of my thumb off and had it cauterized. How long should I wait to lift? Its still bleeding a little.
>>
>>37286271
Go for it. Just know you will need more weight very soon.
>>
Thoughts on heart rate monitors to evaluate my body while I'm running this EC stack I started today.
>>
what does fit think of darebee.com? i like their workouts
>>
>>37286279
pics
>>
>>37286316
Looks like masturbation. You won't get results rolling around on your bedroom floor and calling it the "fighter routine" is just sales hype.
>>
>>37286318
>>
>>37286287
Its no problem, I know a guy that sells pl8s 2 bucks a kilo
>>
>>37286303

LifePak 12. Steal one off your local EMS unit. (Don't forget the leads and stickers.)
>>
>>37286449
>I know a guy that sells pl8s 2 bucks a kilo
That sounds expensive. You can get half price of that second hand on shit like gumtree
>>
File: 20160523_223026.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160523_223026.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>37286444
Trying again.
>>
>>37286477
Yeah I reckon that would split if you tried to lift. Going to have to give that 2 weeks at least imo.
>>
>>37283140
High altitude has been linked to weight loss in a few ways. People who live at higher altitudes, like Denver tend to weigh less than their sea level counterparts even after exercise etc are normalized. Also, studies suggest people who travel to higher altitudes (8000 plus) lose weight when eating whatever they please and suggest they weight stays off after returning to lower altitude. Cause and effect is not fully understood, but the hormones leptin surges and grehlin seems to stay the same thus driving a reduction in hunger and calorie intake.
>>
>>37286517
>Also, studies suggest people who travel to higher altitudes (8000 plus) lose weight when eating whatever they please
But don't a lot of these people travel to high altitude to hike?
>>
Is the feel of weight relative to strength?

For example:
Assume you can bench 225 x30 easy
Assume I can bench 135 x30 easy

Does 225 feel to you like 135 feels to me?

Like if if you can a 45lb dumbbell no sweat, does it feel to you like a 15 feels to a shrimp?

Does my question make sense?

When you first benched 225 is probably took all your effort, but now that you can bench twice that, does it take 'less' effort?
>>
>>37286612
My brain wants to say yes.
>>
File: tinder.png (1 MB, 981x749) Image search: [Google]
tinder.png
1 MB, 981x749
For you natties out there, how much do you bulk by to reach your goal weight? I'm 5'8" 162lb, and I want to be around 165-170lb with 10-12% bf. A lot of people have told me to bulk to around 190-200lb before cutting. Does anyone with significant experience want to chime in whether this is too much of a bulk, too little, or just right? I want to commit to a bulk, but I don't want to go overboard if I don't have to.
>>
>>37286049
Im on day 4 cigarette free

Dont quit

It sucks

Youll look cooler too while you get gains
>>
>>37286517
Awesome info thanks. I live at about 10k so I figured there was some effect.
>>
>>37286631
But what does you cock want to say?
>>
>>37286651
It's not about bulking to a certain weight. It's about understanding linear progression and muscular development. You will only put on so much muscle mass every week/year whether you choose to pack on unnecessary fat is your choice.
>>
>>37286541
Yes, but thats outside of the scope of at least one of the studies. Sorry, cant find the study, just a summary of the results. Do your own research .

>2010 study showed that even if you don’t live in a high-altitude area, simply going to one could lead to weight loss. A small group of 20 obese and sedentary men were brought to an elevation of 8,700 feet (the exact elevation of Zapaquirá, Colombia and more than 3,500 feet higher than Denver). They were permitted to eat as much as they wanted and weren’t allowed to perform any exercise, aside from leisurely strolling. After a week, they’d lost an average of more than three pounds. A month later, after the men had returned to their low-lying communities, the group had maintained an average weight loss of two pounds.
>>
>>37286651
Read this.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html/
>>
>>37286612
Yes. I remember 60kg squat feeling harder than 120kg squat.
>>
>>37286612
>When you first benched 225 is probably took all your effort, but now that you can bench twice that, does it take 'less' effort?
Answer is yes to this as well.
>>
>>37283263
look up rabbit starvation and make sure you are not doing that
>>
Does the actual bench you use affect your bench press?

There are two types of benches at my jim, one is closer to the ground and has a kink where the seat meets the rest of the bench (if that makes sense), the other is higher off the ground and completely flat.

I've found I feel way more comfortable on the flat bench and as a result my bench press increases.
>>
>>37286651
Best thing I ever did was spend 14 months bulking. It let me put on kg's of muscle. I put on 17kg or so in this time, which is a 300 surplus or so.
>>
>>37286838
>I've found I feel way more comfortable on the flat bench and as a result my bench press increases
Use that then
>>
>>37286722
>look cooler
what are you, 10?
>>
>>37286858
What are you. Some straight edged nerd?
>>
Can someone give me an ab routine?

Also would it be bad if I did it every day before I work on whatever part I'm supposed to work on (legs, back/biceps, etc)?
>>
>>37286854
I try to but sometimes those benches are taken and I have to use the other ones.
>>
>>37286875
just do planks and hanging leg raises.
You shouldn't need many exercises because you should be doing compound exercises which also activate your core.
>>
>>37286875
>Also would it be bad if I did it every day
Yes. It would be detrimental to your next piece of work because many exercises use the core. If anything do it at the end of the day.

Pick two exercises you enjoy and progress on them.
>>
File: 1463093831404.gif (20 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1463093831404.gif
20 KB, 633x758
I've been invited to my best friend's wedding and there's going to be plenty of single girls there who'd be down to fuck but I'm the only one of my gym bros who hasn't started full-on cutting yet.

One of my bros told me to try keto and intermittent fasting instead of carb cycling, explaining it'll make me look better faster.

He's a known practitioner of bro science and all I'm able to find is keto helping fatties, little to no info on it's effect on lean folk.

Will my usual deficit + keto + intermittent fasting lead to different results than deficit + carb cycling?
>>
If you've had a year+ of fuckarounditis are your beginner gains gone? Due to poor diet and terrible sleep patterns I haven't gotten nearly as strong as many do in a year. Reading what lotus posted, year with proper training would net around 20lbs of muscle for a beginner. Have I wasted that and now it's a slow grind?
>>
>>37286913
Deficit is all that matters, the other stuff is minutia for the most part.
>>
I started with SS and was making good noob gainz for a while (went from 95lbs squat to almost lmao2plaet) but I got in a car accident which kept me out of the gym for a few weeks. Is it beneficial to keep on with SS, obviously deloading so I don't enter snap city, or should I jump into another program?
>>
>>37286965
>Is it beneficial to keep on with SS, obviously deloading so I don't enter snap city
Do this. If SS was working stick to it.
>>
>>37286651

You dont need to bulk.
>>
>>37285528
Yeah, do this>>37285542
Don't worry about lowering you bf right now. Just start lifting. It takes time to get the form down.
>>
>>37286753
My cock always says yes, how's that even a question. Silly boi
>>
If I deadlift or squat I never, ever gets doms in my glutes.

When deadlifting I get doms in my hamstrings so I'm loading correctly, I just can't seem to get proper glute activation in. What do?
>>
>>37287070
DOMS aren't an indication of anything useful.
>>
>>37287079
this is one of the dumbest things I have ever read

They aren't indictive of muscle growth but saying it has nothing to do with muscle usage is straight up pants on head retarded
>>
>>37287091
No it's not. After like a week of working out you don't get DOMS. Not feeling them doesn't mean you don't have "muscle usage"
>>
>>37287107
That's just false.
>>
>>37287118
Lift for more than a week and you will see DOMS goes away.
>>
>>37287135
Lift with more intensity than 3x5 and you'll see the DOMs come back
>>
>>37287138
lol nope.
>>
What would your guys idea of an idea post-cut weight be for a 6'3" guy? Used to be 145 holocaust victim and I've slowly gotten to a clean 185. I feel like 200 would be perfect. Ideas?
>>
>>37287079
>>37287079
>>37287091
>>37287107
>>37287118
>>37287135
>>37287146
This was far more entertaining than it should have been.
>I'm afraid to take a side because I'm a faggot.
>>
>>37287070
Avtivate them with bodyweight bridges. Squeeze at the top.
>>
>>37286913
keto can help you lose water weight within 1-2 weeks, but doesn't really do much long term. End of the day it's all about calorie deficit
>>
Do I need to isolte abs? If I do heavy compounds and pull ups and the like, is that enough? I'm talking about when I cut down to a low body fat. Will my abs still be decently visible? Someone explain this
>>
>>37287389
>Do I need to isolte abs
No
>If I do heavy compounds and pull ups and the like, is that enough
Yes
>when I cut down to a low body fat. Will my abs still be decently visible
yes
>>
>>37287389
Isolate. Yeah you'll have a visible core when you cut done but having a good looking core will take isolation too. Don't have to go crazy doing a million things though
>>
If my legs still shake a lil and feel like jelly should I wait another day to life
>>
>>37287439
Weighted crunches 2-3 times a week enough then?
>>
>>37287432
That's reassuring thanks!
>>
During Front squats the presure from the bar hurts so fucking bad i cant get through 6 reps or 3 sets. I thought if I kept doing them I would eventually get used to the pain but I never did get used to it even after 3 weeks. What do?
>>
Is doing military press enough for boulder shoulders? If you go heavy enough. And considering things like rows and pull ups that I do hit the rear delts. I think.
>>
>>37282564
>I bet your cardio is like your writing. Long, boring and inefficient.

kek'd audibly
>>
>>37287507
Do them on a decline bench and throw in hanging leg raises and you should be set. Just do them at the end of your workouts, stretch whatever you worked out between sets. That's what I do so I kinda condense time.
>>
When you switch from a cutting phase to bulking, how far back do you lower the weight on your lofts so that you aren't starting your phase from failure? Example, on a cut I worked myself up to 200kg squat. How far do I lower it down when bulking so I can progress again? Does it matter desu?
>>
>>37287725
Why would you lower the weight if you plan to eat your fucking ass off? Food = energy = better lifts...
>>
>>37287544
Don't do front squats then.
Just go back to doing back squats. They're practically the same, just a matter of preference.
>>
>>37287758
I don't know. So you're supposed to keep the weight where you left off? I hurt remember reading somewhere that you lower it and then build up again
>>
>>37287798
I need more exercises in my leg day. Had to cut hack squats and leg extensions out cause they were destroying my knees. I had knee pain everyday cause of those two workouts. My leg day looks like this right now and I need more quad exercises

Back squats 4x5
Front squats or more squats 3x8-12
Lunges 3x12 (any substitutes I hate this shits?)
Hamstring curls 3x12
Calf raises 5x15-20
>>
>>37288249
Lying leg curls.
STANDING calf raises, with a barbell on your back like squats.
Leg presses.
>>
>>37288262
Home gym, no leg press
>>
>>37283513
nike.com or any nike outlet

some people dress like clowns in the gym. i rock nike shit cause thats my jam and i wear greys, whites, black, dark blues and maybe reds.

ive always had a good eye for fashion no homo, its called having 3 sisters
>>
I figured out why my hands were slipping like crazy while doing pull-ups. It's not cause my forearms are weak or anything, it's cause the rubber sleeves on the pull-up bars kept slipping under my weight. It's the only pull-up bar in the gym and I don't think they would take too kindly to me pulling those rubber sleeves off, are there any other options?
>>
I'm making decent strength gains in SS but I'm skinnyfat and 140lbs, is it the right program for me? I know I'm gonna end up being fat as shit since I'm eating a big surplus but will it be worth it? will there be something to show for it when I cut down
>>
>>37288354
Did you try taking the rubber sleeves off?
>>
>>37287565
Not in my opinion. Do a rear delt iso movement and side lat movement often to give the real rounded look.

>but muh rows
Form probably isn't good enough to grow rear delts enough.
>>
Is SS the best routine if I just wanna get strong as fast as possible?
>>
>>37287468
Nees to eat more calories and protein
>>
>>37288444
Yes, one of.

SL is another good option.
>>
>>37282417
This is borderline /ck/ but /fit/ are the experts on oats.

I'm planning to use this guy's methods to cook my oats:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqtf6k03m88 [Embed]

As per the method, I'll be storing some oats in storage jars overnight.

Does /fit/ have any recommendations for what types of jars I should buy? I'm giving Barnett's a visit later this week.
>>
>>37288643
I did overnight oats in glass jars and it worked fine.
>>
>>37288653
>I did overnight oats in glass jars and it worked fine.
Any tips on the size of the jars? I'm not too sure what a serving of oats looks like.
>>
>>37288760
Depends on how much you plan on putting in anon. But mine were about twice the size of a jam jar, if not larger.

Conversion for Americans: 1 pringles jar.
>>
>>37288643

What a pointless and time consuming way to prepare oats.
>>
File: 20160524_111916.jpg (549 KB, 955x960) Image search: [Google]
20160524_111916.jpg
549 KB, 955x960
My plicometer measurements says I'm around 13,5% bf. Is it kinda close to correct or am I far off?
>>
File: punch.jpg (12 KB, 525x397) Image search: [Google]
punch.jpg
12 KB, 525x397
Is it possible to gain muscle if one eats at maintenance or is it only possible on a bulk?
>>
>>37288805
What size jam jar
>>
>>37288958
looks about right
>>
>>37288965
past the beginner stage you'll need to be at a surplus to gain muscle - doesn't have to be a big surplus where you gain loads of fat.

>>37288444
yes

>>37288369
don't eat at such a huge surplus that you're getting massively fat - its not worth it because you'll gain excess fat that you didn't need and you'll spend longer cutting when you could have been building again.

>>37287929
some people need a 'deload' after a cut because they run themselves into the ground recovery wise while on a cut.

if you feel you need it just drop weights by 5-10% and ramp back up as a rule of thumb. obviously the more run down you are the bigger the deload.

>>37287468
yes. and don't follow bodybuilding ideals where you kill your legs once a week (if that's what you're doing).

if not then just take a step back and dont go so hard - you shouldn't be that fucked up
>>
File: image_1.jpg (17 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
17 KB, 401x367
Is starvation mode a meme?
>>
Is it normal to feel so depressed and anxious on a cut? I mean I've had terrible depression and anxiety before but it went away.

Now that I'm deep into my cut (nearly over thank god) I feel in a very bad place mentally.
>>
>>37289187
Happens to me too. With rage fits added. It will end.
>>
>>37283382
Bumping this because I want to know too
>>
>>37289224
Lel, I get mad over the smallest things. It's so bad that while I'm raging I'm thinking "what the fuck am I doing". Hopefully it will end.
>>
>>37289160
massive meme

>>37289187
its a type of withdrawal symptom.

you also might be too low on fat/carbs. your body needs plenty fats and adequate carbs just to function properly.
>>
>>37288965

You can gain muscle on maintenance but it won't be quick. The bodily functions of Protein Synthesis and Fat Burn are two separate functions that can run independently of each other.
>>
I tried stiff legged deadlifts for the first time today and felt it totally in my lower back and not at all in my hamstrings. Is my lower back just weaker than my hams (which I think would be odd considering my deadlift is advanced for the rest of my body.)

Tips? Help?
>>
>>37289369
I get around 40-70g fat a day. Usually 80-130g carbs, but I've started implementing one refeed day a week where I up my kcals to maintenance in the form of carbs. I hope it helps
>>
Any tips on warming up my shoulders?
>>
>>37289371
>The bodily functions of Protein Synthesis and Fat Burn are two separate functions that can run independently of each other.
that's not the question

if the body is truly taking in maintenance calories (the calories it needs to function and do daily activities), can it also build muscle on top of that?

the answer is unequivocally, no. you have used the calories to do maintain and perform, and now you do not have the resources to do a calorie heavy process such as building new muscle tissue.
>>
>>37289375
Sometimes I feel that. Tighten abs, make sure your shoulders arent rolling forward, and don't go so low maybe.
>>
Is Canditos beginner strength program any good? It's basically a upper/lower split, the reason I'm considering it is because I want a bit more volume than SS but I can't go full PPL because I travel a lot and 4/week is the maximum I can go to the gym
>>
>>37289488
thx
>>
>>37283470
More sets of everything needed desu

Gotta get dat dere volume
>>
>>37289523
As a beginner pretty much anything works.

It looks pretty similar to what I ended up doing after a few months fiddling with different programs. It worked pretty well.
>>
>>37289523
>I want a bit more volume
Why though? If you're a rank beginner, it doesn't take much volume to max out your gains - Doing a bunch of extra work won't lead to more gains (of course there's pretty big individual variance here, but as a rule).
>>
>>37289621
I've found a lot of the beginners I've come across aren't very good at trying hard when they start out. So higher intensity lifts lead to them chickening out and not lifting as heavy as they could. At least if you add a few more sets the rest periods give them a bit more confidence to move the weight.

This is just anecdotal though. The extra volume is definitely needed when you start start stalling though.
>>
>>37289650
also, adding sets is probably the best way to acquire more work volume.

It seems to be a good habit to get into.
>>
>>37289326
Exactly. It doesnt help that the only way I can get rid of my anxiety is baking cakes or pastriest that I give to my family because I can't eat them.
>>
>>37289614
Thanks, I'll try it out

>>37289621
I've been doing SS for four months and it feels like I can do more, plus it has accessory work built in. Besides that, I'd like to go to the gym more (because feels, irrelevant to the question) even if it is just an extra day
>>
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

I'm a complete noobie at the gym, shold I consume 2800 or 2300 calories a day (muscle gainz / maintenance categories respectively).
I heard you should eat at maintenance levels the first year
>>
>>37289683
Height and weight?
Athletic back ground?
Goals?
>>
>>37289683
if you are a skelington you would benefit hitting closer towards the bulking calories, because you have a lot to gain (not just muscle)

if you are a pretty athletic, more towards the maintenance calories is more sensible.
>>
>>37289486
Sorry, but that's not at all how it works.
You can burn fat and build muscle by merely maintaining balance.

If you work out, you break down the muscles. Your body will rebuild the muscles with protein, which I'm hoping you ingest. But by working out, you also burn calories. Calories is a measurement of energy. The body has energy reserves in form of fat.

There's no two ways around it, his question was if you can build muscles when maintaining a calorie balance and the answer is yes because the protein synthesis works independently from the fat burn.
>>
>>37289691
>>37289703
>>37289715

73 kilos, 1.84m tall.
Work out for a few months at the time over the past three years, i move a lot. Sedentary lifestyle, but i lift intensely at the gym.

I got all the macros and supplements down, just struggling to find the right caloric intake. 2300-2800 s a pretty big stretch, consuming 2500 a day now. I'm guessing I'm about 18% boy fat atm, and bulking takes priority over fat loss but both are objectives.
>>
Refeed days -- at maintenance or over maintenance calories?

Been cutting for almost 3 months, I'd say I have 2-4 weeks left of this. I'm beginning to feel very very low on mood and energy. If I have a refeed day, how much should I eat and how often should I do it? Will it slow fat loss considering its a day of cutting taken away?

Thanks anons
>>
>>37289732
If I was you I'd aim for 2800 calories a day and keep a check on how quickly you are gaining weight.
>>
>>37289743
My understanding of refeeds is that you stick to your maintenance calories.
>>
>>37289715
the body will not prioritise muscle building over literal survival. the most readily available calories are the ones consumed, and will use those resources for basic functioning and tasks before anything else, such as muscle building.

if your body needs x calories for BMR, and y calories for daily activities, then you are eating at maintenance. x+y=maintenance.

now muscle building requires z amount of calories, its is an energy dependent process, it doesn't happen out of thin air. x+y+z=muscle building.

i think the problem is you assume when you expend calories in the form of exercise, your body will use stored fat as its primary source, leaving the energy and resources you ingest for muscle building - this is not the case.
>>
>>37286924
>>37287355
statistically low carb is significantly better for weight loss both short and long term. https://authoritynutrition.com/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets/
>>
>>37288879
>What a pointless and time consuming way to prepare oats.
What's your method?
>>
>>37289801
Most people can lose 1.7% of their bodyweight a week without affecting lean muscle mass.
>>
>>37289801

Listen, the body can build muscle even during periods of deficit, as evidenced by several studies and anecdotal evidence.

http://muscleevo.net/calorie-deficit/
http://www.muscleforlife.com/build-muscle-lose-fat/
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116310281

Personally, it works fine for me. I had a cut this spring and I experienced gains. On a CUT.
So to say that you can't build muscle when on a balance just shows that you don't know what you're talking about. Further evidenced by you seeming to suggest that the human body is "fighting for survival" when on a balance? That's nonsense. "Fighting for survival" is when you go a week on 500kcal a day. Not when you eat at a balance.
>>
>>37282417
I started the "Stripped" 5x5 yesterday. Is it normal that my LEGS feel sore?
>>
>>37289821

I pour 1dl of oats and 2dl of water into a pot, boil it and then I eat it. It takes maybe 2 minutes.
>>
>>37289853
yeah DOMS is always normal.
>>
>>37289853

I assume you did deadlifts then?
Yes.
>>
>>37282417
Can I get hench without weights?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.