[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/skin/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: tmp_30219-bateman-41342477710.jpg (17 KB, 601x338) Image search: [Google]
tmp_30219-bateman-41342477710.jpg
17 KB, 601x338
Skincare General

Last one archived @ 313 : >>10983940

FAQ:
Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips:
http://hastebin.com/raw/quvihotusi
How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads:
http://hastebin.com/raw/rijutobedi
Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face:
http://hastebin.com/raw/irihogetel
How to improve your skin tone through diet:
http://hastebin.com/raw/ebakaquxuk
Studies on how diary and sugars create acne:
http://hastebin.com/raw/upadugodan
How your skin is affected by sleep, sun, masturbation, toxic ingredients, parabens:
http://hastebin.com/raw/hejoqogoni
FAQ, complete mirror:
http://pastebin.com/raw/dxsLXuSS

/fa/ wiki on grooming:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Other good sites:
/r/skincareaddiction
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
acne.org

[Post-your-routine-and-don't-forget-to-say-thanks Edition]
>>
thread soundtrack

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vVe0Kq16ZVY
>>
Is doing honey masks ever night a bad thing? By honey I mean raw honey. It seems to make my skin softer and also decreases redness, but maybe there are some side-effects?
>>
So I bought some Stridex medical pads, but I'm wondering if I'm supposed to wipe off the excess liquid after using a pad
>>
I get painless often skin colored bumps on my jawline, is it due to shaving? If I squeeze them white stuff comes out.
>>
How to get rid of beard/mustache shadow? Or at least reduce the darkness of the shadow. It's very noticeable and I have pale skin.

Looks disgusting desu
>>
>>11035298
the one on your skin? It's supposed to be left there and evaporate. Leaves sailcylic acid on. It's great
>>
Heya, i have small acne mostly blackheads on forehead. Using Cleanser and moisturizer daily and 3 times a week gel exflotiator. Cant get rid of blackhead tho. I eat healthy and yes i am teenager
>>
>before but apply acne lotion and a moisturizer
>every Monday Wednesday Friday apply an exfoliating masque for 10-15 minutes.
>every morning apply moisturizer
>also apply moisturizer to cock
>masturbate to self in mirror
>put on outfit
>go to school an get called a /fa/ggot
>cry into stacks of money and piles of designer clothing
>>
Good moisturizer for Hands? I just moved from Florida to Nebraska and its dry as fuck here. I'm currently using CeraVe facial moisturizing lotion, but I feel there should be something more specific for my hands.
>>
>>11035352
tried popping it?
>>
>>11035444
Dude, just make your hands wet and and really rub it in. Then cover it up with vaseline/paraffin. It's like the only thing that works when it's really cold and dry out. Thick creams from the pharmacy works, too.
>>
>>11035444
wash your hand less
nice trips
>>
>>11035465
But I work in a shithole, and have to go to the bathroom often because I drink too much water.

I mean I'd also like to start moisturizing my hands on a regular basis, and I was hoping it would also solve my dry skin problem
>>
File: 1453860257599.jpg (49 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1453860257599.jpg
49 KB, 600x900
>>11035444
I moved from London to Alberta several years ago and it's dry as fuck here too
The dry skin issue will gradually lessen but when I first moved here I had to use some cream shit called George's which worked pretty well. Don't know if you can find it in the US though, might be a Canadian brand.
>>
>>11035346
Yeah it's that thanks
>>
>>11035468
>washing your hands after peeing
>>
>>11035468
Vaseline will
>>
File: IMG-20160307-WA0002.jpg (479 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160307-WA0002.jpg
479 KB, 3264x1836
Just bought these. Did I do good?
>>
Are those Korean products any good?
>>
I can't remember where I read this, but is it true that you should wash your face with cold water in the morning and warm water before going to bed? I wash my face with a face wash and use an exfoliating scrub two or three times a week.
>>
>>11035444
you need to try okeefes
>>
>>11035670
i read that its better to not wash your face in extreme temperatures because it causes irritation so id suggest luke warm water.
>>
Everyone on this board needs to just bite the bullet and spend the money for aesop products. goat stuff.
>>
>>11035620
i remember when i used nivea face wash when i was in secondary school and it made my entire face peel
>>
>>11035620
Nivea is quite... meh
But it shouldnt hurt your skin

Maybe you should've asked the question beforehand?
>>
>>11036458
>Nivea is quite... meh
In regard to image or actual quality?
>>
>>11036458
I have no acne or skin problems whatsoever. I just wanted it to look even more nicer.
>>
>>11035309
Are they slightly lighter than skin colour? I get those too and would also like an answer.
>>
>>11035620
you can do better for the price. also dont buy gender specific products as theyre typically more expensive than unisex ones and do the same thing

>>11035670
lukewarm water always

>>11035656
depends. i run a weeaboo skincare routine and it really improved my skin
>>
what about black coffee? Does that effect acne ?
>>
>>11038322

it shouldn't, of course dehydration would be bad but you know, drink some water
>>
>>11038322
it's dairy or sugar that usually affect acne. Moderate consumption of caffeine (as in you're not using coffee to stay awake at night/replace more noutritional food)isn't linked to acne.
> http://www.livestrong.com/article/81541-caffeines-effect-acne/
>>
>>11038325
>>11038329
Cheers Guys!
>>
Exfoliating towel my face with some soap every couple days, pat dry, apply a oil rich moisturizer around the eyes, seal with vaseline.

Done. No acne, no scars, no marks.
>>
>[Post-your-routine-and-don't-forget-to-say-thanks Edition]
I usually have normal to combination skin but thanks to winter it's more dry to normal at the moment. I don't have acne but I do get pimples and have some PIH.

AM:
>Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
>Clinique Superdefense SPF 20 Daily Defense Moisturizer (Very Dry to Dry Combination)

PM:
>Clinique Liquid Facial Soap Mild
>Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution
>Clinique Superdefense Night Recovery Moisturizer (Very Dry to Dry Combination)

I also do an Indian Clay Mask + Apple Cider Vinegar mask whenever I feel like I need it. I plan on adding toner and an AHA soon, my skin just feels a bit sensitive rn so I don't want to do too much to it. I'm also going to replace the Kiehl's serum with a Vitamin C serum after I use it up.
>>
>>11038355

How's Kiehl's working for you? I've tried a dark spot corrector before but it did jack.
>>
I got red blemishes, from past acne. You know those depigmentation scars that you can really see with adequate lighting. How to get rid of it, or at least accelerate the process?

Also, how to get rid of dark circles?
>>
>>11038383
Would like to know as well, generally how to get an even skin complexion. In dim lighting it's not really noticeable but in bright light it is.
>>
>>11038378
It has been effective but not as much as I'd like it to. I'm hoping that the AHA and Vitamin C serum are going to help a lot.
>>
>>11034737
I got Organic exfoliate/cleanser from the Body Shop.

I'll post my 3 month results soon. I'm so happy about it!
>>
>>11038383
>>11038383

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/wiki/pih
>>
>>11038750
Well?
>>
>>11038750
JUST
DO
IT
>>
Not sure what the creator of the guide would say, but Billy Jealousy's Liquid Sand is the most abrasive facial scrub I have ever used. Which is a good thing, it isn't overboard. It's got a lot of those microabrasion beads, 10x the amount something like Neutrogena or the likes would put in an exfoliant. Probably because most people are stupid and would scrub too hard. Anyway, their White Knight facial wash is pretty meh. Horrible for oily skin. Liquid Sand is top tier though, would recommend.
>>
File: standard razor.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
standard razor.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
>>11034737
How does /skin/ shave? Personally I use one of these
>>
File: wwww.jpg (901 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
wwww.jpg
901 KB, 1440x2560
What can I do about my temples and cheek bones? I just cut my hair, it was pretty long, so hopefully that helps. I used to use a bunch of prescription stuff in high school but it didn't really help too much. Now I just just the basic Cetaphil wash. I drink a ton of water.
>>
>>11039197
After years of trying shit and accidentally stumbling across the now standard regimen suggested in the OP. I have now pretty much narrowed it down to diet. Some people will react more to certain foods. It is time to start eating better.
>>
>>11039298
I'm sure you're probably right. I eat a lot of dairy over winter to try to bulk and just eat poorly overall. Will improve it since it's warming up here.
>>
So cheese is a no - no for acne? Because I eat cheese basically every day.
>>
>>11039507
My face was pretty clean until I ate half a pack of blue cheese. Now it's shit again.

Also, should I apply salicylic acid before or after moisturizer?

My current evening routine is pretty much like this:
1) wash face with dove sensitive soap bar
2) do a honey mask
3) SA
4) moisturizer
>>
>>11038834
Physical/mechanical exfoliation can be great, provided that the beads are small enough to not cause plenty of small wounds irritating the area - and that it's not done too often, too hard, or in sensitive areas.

As I've posted about before, I generally think chemical exfoliation > mechanical exfoliation since:

- They're gentler on the skin, at the proper concentration

- They almost always act pH-balancing, which helps maintain skin barrier integrity and prevent the growth of acne bacteria

- They can act anti-inflammatory, make it easier for other compounds to penetrate the skin, and actively target the pores.

- Some of them speed up the natural dead-skin-cell-removal-process (desquamation)

But it's not like you can't use them both.
>>
>>11039314
Sugars too friend, which will be hard for me. Not because I eat excessive sweets but because of the trace amounts in things I eat. They add up.
>>
>>11039567
Any brand/product recommendations that are not in the OP?
>>
File: qtp2tie 9.jpg (101 KB, 534x800) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie 9.jpg
101 KB, 534x800
What about washing your face with water during the day? Is it better to wait until you do your nightly routine? If not, what's better, hot or cold water?

thanks anons
>>
>>11034737
I have a really bad habit of picking at pimples and such on my face, especially ones that I've popped, and this just makes my face look worse. How do I stop doing this? I do it constantly without realizing it.
>>
>>11039599
Well, not really. I think most people need to use less products - not more of them. Too few products on the market works the way they should, and too few of these create results noticeable enough for them to be cost-effective. But the stuff listed in OP is there because they work well for nearly everyone, after some tweaking.

There are a lot of OTC products that shouldn't be bought most of the time - it would be better to have some proper shit prescribed by a derm. This goes for many cases of pigmentation, redness, eczema, moderate-severe acne, scarring, et c.

Anything in particular you were looking for?

/r/skincareaddiction has a lot of legit product recommendations in their beginners routine, and you can find lots of great stuff by sorting by review score on Amazon.
>>
After cleansing, how does one properly fit Benzoyl Peroxide into their routine?

Would this be after toner/moisturizing or before?
>>
so are all my pimples/acne on my butt also because of sugar/dairy?
>>
>>11040139
Impossible to tell

But it is _likely_ that it is _one_ factor
>>
>>11039197

Temple zits are associated with processed foods. Adopt a paleo diet and avoid dairy/frankenfoods. Also associated with stress and sometimes hygiene, make sure you're changing your pillow cases and cleansing properly.

Your left cheek is a map of your liver, eat less sugars and cut out alcohol.
>>
>>11038383

Use a daily spf of at least 30, make sure it's a facial one and not for body.

Drink loads of water and work out, this will oxygenate your cells. Your main goal is a faster cell turn over. Sometimes this can be tricky when the damage has penetrated deep.

Organic rose or rosehip is a great brightener. Salicylic is a popular choice for burning off blemishes, using this in tiny amounts would be less damaging than a chemical peel. My personal preference for brightening is using clay masks and serums.

Sitting at your computer all day is also one of the worst things you can do for your skin.

I had inflamed acne and blemishes on my temples and cheeks, my skin is clear now. My main weapons are Chlorophyll containing foods and going to bed before 11:30 to avoid my body's cortisol boosts.
>>
>>11038355

Clinique mild facial soap contains so much salt that it can cause skin to become sensitive and dry. I only use salt in body exfoliation myself.

Clinique have no activating ingredients in their products, their formula is laughably outdated and they parade the whole 'Paraben Free', 'Fragrance Free' gimmick because they want to give the appreance of pure skincare. It's not pure, they still use cheap chemicals.
>>
>>11040217
can u post an article about this, it sounds interesting
>>
>>11040035

>>11040035

Dermatillomania is a bitch. Picking was my thing. It's more triggered from sitting down too much or too much stress. Also triggered from inflammation as inflamed skin is usually very itchy. My best cures for this are avoiding too much screen usage as the light can irritate and make you want to pick. Avoid sugar and refined carbs. Do more activities you enjoy.
>>
>>11039961
Seconding

>>11040035
I had this same issue, too. Like with any diet or fitness regimen, it really comes down to manning up and whipping up some discipline. Focus on your hands and what you have them do. Find alternative places for them like the base of the neck.

Maybe it looks a little weird, but fuck it, it works.
>>
>>11040437

A good way to discover about various pimples on your face/body is to look up 'Chinese Face Mapping', you'll come across diagrams telling you what each part means and how you're doing internally.
>>
File: 1406775193241.jpg (13 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
1406775193241.jpg
13 KB, 253x253
INFLAMMATION

RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>11039961

This depends on your skin type. I can say that I have known people with flawless skin who only use water, mostly vegetarians as they have good sebum secretion so can handle just using it. Some people have blood types more prone to anemia so vegetarianism is not an option but for flawless skin it really helps some people. Anyway, back to the point..

You can do some splashes in the day and use the soap for morning and night. Cold water is favorable for pore minimization and toning the skin. Luke warm water is best for all round use, hot water can strip and scold your delicate skin. Hot water is used for opening the pours, best with a very soft flannel, (That was washed with non fragrance washing power) hold it on your face for few seconds after exfoliation or a deep cleanse.
>>
>>11040505

Are you referring to redness or 'pitted' post marks on face?
>>
>>11035236
Bumping this question
>>
>>11040528

Dark spots. I'm asian btw.
>>
>>11040535

Do you have a photo or a similar one on google? They've become more brown than red?
>>
>>11040515
So splashing my face with cold or lukewarm water after a day of work should be fine then?

Thanks for responding, anon!
>>
>>11040533

Using honey varies with each person. Honey is highly microbiotic and antibacterial which makes it very popular as a natural skin enhancer. It also has peptide and antioxidants which will slower skin ageing. Aside from this, the use varies with each person, I personally take it internally because applied topically, I get clogged pores or itchiness. You should continue it as a treatment if you have no issues, others should do patch tests.
>>
>>11040577

Yes but use your soap in the evening if you get excess oil or dull skin.
>>
if i cut out dairy and grains from my diet starting today, how long till I would see any difference in my skin?
>>
Should I try a Hyaluronic Acid serum? If so, any suggestions? If not, why?

Thanks, lurking here in the past helped me clear my acne.
>>
>>11040095
I put it on before.

I use a BP spot treatment cream for problem areas, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wash it off with warm (not hot) water. BP can damage your skin if left on for an extended period of time.
>>
File: 1454102084559.png (131 KB, 391x417) Image search: [Google]
1454102084559.png
131 KB, 391x417
>>11040462
>Chinese
fuck you faggot that's some fake shit
>>
I really think that I need to fix my diet to reduce my acne.

Current routine:

Daytime:
CeraVe Moisturizer

Nighttime:
CeraVe Foaming Cleanser
Paula's choice BHA
CeraVe Moisturizer

Is there anything I should add? Or just stay away from dairy and try and reduce stress. Feels really frustrating because I've stuck with my routine for a while but my skin is still shit tier.
>>
>>11040936
Really?? I was told to leave BP on my skin overnight
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 750x1334
These things have been on my face for weeks now. Can I do anything about it? I just want nice skin.
>>
>>11041411
your standard pustule.
everyone you meet is disgusted by it.

POP THE FACE

see the faq
>>
>>11041448
I don't really have a needle/popper thing. Should I just let it be or use my fingers? I read through the sticky and it is super indecisive on the subject and not helpful at all.

Also wondering about the other marks. Will those just go away with time?
>>
>>11036545
Quality, man-why would you care about brand image for hygiene products? It's all about the results.
Also, check em.
>>
>>11040665

Dairy is your main enemy, It causes hormone disruption. Cows are pumped with steroids and antibiotics, not only this but they naturally produce estrogen which causes acne. If you have to have it, only consume organic butter and plain yogurt, but I would avoid butter for a while until your skin has calmed down.

Eliminating grains will work wonders for your skin, but this can be tricky. Giving up dairy is a good start, but grains and processed foods is tough. I usually keep brown rice in my diet, avoid pastas and breads. Speaking from experience, your skin will be very clear and soft after 2 months.
>>
>>11041452
>I read through the sticky and it is super indecisive on the subject and not helpful at all.

Sorry about that. Will revise it until next thread.

The most important thing here is to break the surface of the pimple, so that the contents can be extracted more easily. I'm sure you can find some kind of needle/pin somewhere (or just buy it).

Razors can be used as well (really carefully. disinfect before/after). Once there's a hole in it you can use your fingers/nails to get shit out - just make sure that you have washed both the face area and your hands, as the oil will make it slippery otherwise.

Using fingers/nails gets the job done, just a bit messier.

That kind of redness usually fades within several months. Protect it from sun.
>>
>>11034737
>a healthy diet

the rest is bullshit and genentics
>>
>>11041261

No.
>>
File: skin1.png (482 KB, 641x465) Image search: [Google]
skin1.png
482 KB, 641x465
To the side is a photo of my acne and then 3 months later. The pimples and itchiness were not going away, the moment I tried Benzyl Peroxide I could feel my skin instantly heal. There is an expensive treatment called an oxygen facial which stops bacteria breeding, benzyl peroxide pretty much does the same thing. Acne.org regime is the best solution for inflammatory acne.

I struggle with autoimmune disease and as a result can be prone to acne or dermatitis, but because of my lifestyle my skin is now almost clear. A lot of my skin research has come from well respected physicians or naturopaths, hence the emphasis on nutrition.

I know what it's like when your skin drives you crazy, here are my recommendations to sum everything up:

Consume:

- Chamomile flower tea. This is my holy grail for acne. 10 health benefits for the skin.

- Chlorophyll. Any greens help heal the skin.

- Tahitian Noni juice. From Morinda only, this is the original bottle. Powerful for skin health.

- Start a whole food diet.

Products:

- The acne.org line
- Neal's yard remedy's white tea facial clay mask
- Neal's yard rosehip balm. (To be used when the skin has finally balanced. This is a blemish healer.)
- Green people's spf 30 facial cream.
- Aloe vera gel with tea tree. (For the odd pimple)

Circulation is very important for good skin. Exercise daily but wash face after. Hot baths are good. Eat circulation boosting foods like ginger etc. This will also rid dark circles.

Extra steps:

- Using a silk pillow case will prevent irritation, they may be pricey but you'd be surprised how rough cotton can be.

- Experiment with high grade face masks and serums. Usually around 40 to 200 mark for price. If you are on budget then try homemade ones.

- Never rub if you have acne. Gentle circular motions and patting.
>>
File: 1423595122898.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1423595122898.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>>11041567

there's so much fucking products and shit in this post i wouldn't know where to start. it sounds way too complex.

also ur cute pls b in sydney
>>
>>11041567
well, aside of the benzoyl peroxide and the acne.org regime.... that's a whole lot of hippie pseudoscience you got there

nice skin tho
>>
File: Snapchat-901271656942503045-1.jpg (450 KB, 736x1203) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-901271656942503045-1.jpg
450 KB, 736x1203
Please help is this is cystic acne? Will i have to see a dermatologist? Help pizza face
>>
>>11041610

Cut out dairy and sugar, consume more water and the hard part is sorted.

London here!

>>11041614

Nutrition is not pseudoscience. A medical doctor never takes any formal training of nutrition in school despite it's ability to heal the body. If you don't agree, go to your doctor, let them give you an antibiotic cream and pills. See how it goes.
>>
>>11041618

Looks a lot like millia to me. Tretinoin gel is a popular solution for this. Avoiding oily products and thick moisturizers helps. Sometimes milia is linked with food intolerance so you could get a hair test done. I used to get milia before I found out I was wheat intolerant, mine went away on it's on eventually. The inflammation though, acne.org products will help.
>>
How to get a paler skin? I used to be pale white but living in Brazil led me to get a darker tone (kinda yellow).
>>
>>11041647
Gel? How do I use it?
>>
>>11041642
SM4 pls
>>
>>11041410
BP is just as effective in a few minutes than overnight.
>>
>>11040922
I actually have a similar question. Is thks just used for anti-aging and can I use it if im 19?
>>
>>11041654
You don't wanna.
>>
>>11040422
>Clinique mild facial soap contains so much salt that it can cause skin to become sensitive and dry.
This makes sense. My skin is pretty dry after cleansing if I don't moisturise immediately but I didn't think it had anything to do with the cleanser.
>>
>>11041642
>Nutrition is not pseudoscience

No, but your claims are pseudoscientific because you refer to nutritional science and medicine without providing scientific evidence that the stuff works.

Until you can provide links to peer-reviewed scientific articles, these claims are unfounded and based in neither nutritional science nor medicine:

>Chamomile flower tea. This is my holy grail for acne. 10 health benefits for the skin.

Article demonstrating the effiacy of chamomile flower tea on acne vulgaris - where? What are the 10 different health benefits, and where are the proofs?

>Chlorophyll. Any greens help heal the skin.

Does chlorofyll heal the skin? Do vegetables heal the skin? How? In what way? Source required.

>Tahitian Noni juice. From Morinda only, this is the original bottle. Powerful for skin health.

Specifically Noni juice, from Morinda? Where has it been shown to be "powerful for skin health"? Pretty vague statement. What does that mean? Any links?

The above shouldn't be hard for you to provide since it's, as you claim, not pseudoscience...
>>
>>11041490
uhh, yes
>>
File: cam.png (404 KB, 551x615) Image search: [Google]
cam.png
404 KB, 551x615
>>11041763

Chamomile tea is known as a bed time drink, but I started to notice straight after I drank it my skin felt like a cloud and my complexion got better. After this I decided to look into it.. you can fish the articles out online probably. Why don't you go to a national research library and visit the Botany section there? Go find some articles for yourself? It's usually free.

Dandelion tea is also very good for the skin, but the taste isn't as palatable. I haven't looked in the Chamomile section of a book I have which is sponsored by The Society of Native Arts and Sciences, I can look now.

A lot of health organizations are corrupt so don't like to give out certain studies to the public, but they are available if you look hard enough. Honestly, you could find dozens of studies at your research library by scientists.
>>
>>11041763
>>11041763

'Phytochemicals in plants having potential health benefits are classed as nutriceuticals. Noni contains a wide variety of beneficial phytochemicals, some of which are not found in any other known plant. These phytochemicals work synergistically to enhance biologically the expression of each individual component found in Noni. Researchers think this may account for Noni's amazing array of therapeutic benefits to various body systems.'

You don't even need research, you just need to know what it contains. Noni has an abundant amount of antioxidants which are incomparable to other plants. Antioxidants are the key to getting rid of inflammation. Inflammation = Acne.

If you have liver damage you shouldn't take it though.
>>
Just started basic skincare as recommended by this thread for the first time in my life

I'm using Cerave foaming cleanser and cerave moisturizer

My skin has been much better, but I'm getting some SERIOUSLY chapped lips which is a rarity for me, what causes this? Any advice to get rid of it?
>>
If I should avoid grains and shit to get rid of acne and oily face what could I eat insted? I eat a lot of integral rice and bread, so what could I eat instead?
>>
>>11042334
Brown rice I mean.
>>
>>11041763
Go fuck yourself fucking gay hipster shit.
>>
>>11042331

>>11042331

Chapped? Have you tried Vaseline or some sort of balm? I hope it's not at the corners anon!
>>
>>11042360
Nah it's the whole lip on both just awful

Any recommended chapstik or is it pretty standard?
>>
>>11042334

This is what's tough for that kind of diet. High starchy vegetables like sweet potato would be good, also trumps other vegetables for Vitamin A content. Try to avoid the bread first, that's what I did, bread always makes me itch, I only have bread as a treat. Make slow transitions, paleo would be more of a detox because rice is awesome.

Have a lot of broths to detox, and when you go back to bread you could have thin wraps instead, and over stuff them. Main enemies are dairy and white bread.
>>
>>11042367

You could be very dehydrated, do you have enough water? I would get a Burt's Bee's balm for that sort of thing. If the skin around the surrounding lips is sore too then I'd apply Aloe Vera cream. You could also wear a scarf around your mouth outside, it could be reacting to the weather.
>>
Any vitamins you guys recommend to a guy with an oily face and ridiculouly ugly skin? I mean like ômega 3 supplements or something?
>>
>>11042403
Not thirsty drinking more water than ever in my life, can't do scarfs because florida, but i'll try burts bees
>>
anyone in Canada know a retailer that carries Stridex pads?
>>
>>11042331
The foaming cleanser is too drying for you. Dilute it more and avoid the lips - or try a non-foaming cleanser.
>>
>>11042355
wrong post quoted
That's not the hipster hippie
>>
>>11042597
You think thats it?
Will diluting it make it less effective? Should I look for a different cleanser? Any recommendations?
>>
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 750x1334
Popped a new pimple. Will these marks go away?
>>
>>11042716
yeah, but it takes a long time
>>
>>11042744
fuq. Anything I can do to speed it up besides sun screen?
>>
>>11042764
>>11042716
You'll most likely never stop looking like this.

Your face got broken, and you shouldn't have done this.

This is forever.

This is the new reality.
>>
>>11042838
Can i unplug it and plug it back in?
>>
>>11042716
never
they're going to expand over time too until your entire body is one giant hole
>>
>>11042840
Totally. You could also go with a sunscreen with +SPF30 UVB protection and + 3 stars UVA protection, moisturizers containing glycerin/karbamide/vaseline/lactic acid, surgical tape, Zinc/protein/vitamin C/E/A supplements, upping your carotenoid intake, et c.

Just don't overwash, over-exfoliate, or apply alcohol. Also stop having acne and you'll be golden.

What I referenced was this:
http://www.theonion.com/video/new-marijuana-study-says-everyone-knows-youre-high-35386
>>
>>11042880
>>11042865
Haha thanks bud
>>
>>11035620
>>11036458
>>11036866

alternatives that are better than nivea and similar price?
>>
>>11042912
like all of the lotions/cleansers in the recommended guide
>>
newfag with crazy bad dermotillomania here. any advice for stopping picking and treating scars caused by it?
>>
do vitamin A supplements do anything
>>
I wash my face every night with cold water and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, which works but i still have oily skin and an occasional pimple. I also try to drink a lot of water and change my pillow case once a weak.

How do I better skin? I reallt want that flawless look and glow. I have about $35 to spend, what should I buy for starters?
>>
>>11044525
Should probably have a moisturizer. You could buy an exfoliator but it may not be worth your time. If you live in a sunny area you need sunscreen.

But more than likely your diet has the biggest effect on your skin. Avoid bread dairy and processed sugars if possible.
>>
I don't really get bad acne anymore but what I have instead is blotchy red skin that only really shows occasionally (usually when I go out)
Main areas are centre forehead and cheeks. Drives me insane and nothing seems to work.
It looks like sunburn and people often think I've gotten sunburnt.
>>
Morning:
Milky you One Step Cleansing Foam
Holika Holika 99% Aloe Soothing Gel (use this one especially after shaving)
Biore Sarasara UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

Evening:
The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Light Oil (smells nice but ultimately useless since my cleansing foam does a good job at removing my sunscreen)
Milky you One Step Cleansing Foam
Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin
Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence
Q10 Face Masks from Daiso (use this like once a month even though the masks are sooo cheap)
C20 Pure Vitamin C21.5 Advanced Serum (use this like once a week)
>>
>>11041647
Cheers incredibly appreciated man
>>
>>11044708
Are you actually Korean? And would you say using that many products pays off? Also, I thought the cleansing oil is supposed to remove girls' make-up and the cleanser after is supposed to cleanse the actual skin.
>>
>>11044749
Not Korean at all. As for the products I'm using, I'd say it's worth it, especially if you're looking for a particular result. For me, I needed to fade away some scars and ended up using those Benton products and the vitamin C. The masks are just a little extra.
And yeah, oil cleansing is a necessity if you wear make up; I just bought mine because I heard it smelled nice and I needed to increase my order total on amazon for 1-day shipping.
>>
>>11044791
tripsk?
>>
>>11044791
What do you think helped you against scars the most?
>>
>>11043552
pop/extract them. see the faq on how.
then use cleansers and stridex /other aha to keep them away.

>>11044961
go with the standard anti-acne routine. try benzoyl peroxide.
if it doesnt get better within weeks, see a derm.
>>
>>11044708
>snail serum

Every time I see these I get surprised by that they're an actual thing
>>
Does that Indian Healing Clay work? What is it necessarily for?
>>
>>11044795
What?

>>11044905
The Benton products I mentioned yielded results. But when I used the C20 Pure Vitamin C21.5 serum, it lightened my skin overall, which I suppose contributed to the lightening of the scars as well. I can't say which product had the most impact since I didn't do any isolated testing.
>>
so would the acne.org regime be recommended for a start? honestly have no clue so any help would be appreciated
>>
How is this routine

>Morning:
Cleanser
Sunscreen

>Night:
Exfoliator (not every day)
Cleanser
Moisturizer

>If Shaving in the morning:
Warm Water
Cleanser
Shaving soap
Shave
Cold water
After shave
(Moisturizer?)
>>
You should use cleanser first then exfoliator.
>>
>>11046165
Thanks for the reply, but in the sticky in tuxbell it says to apply exfoliator before anything, can i get a 3rd opinion or a reason why it would say that?
>>
>>11046176
I just checked skin care routine at tuxbell and its pretty shitty. Lots of bad advice. As about exfoliation - even on label of most exfoliators it says that you need to cleanse thoroughly first then apply exfoliator. Also leddit's /r/skincareaddiction says the same.
>>
>>11038978
been doing wet shaving for a couple years
makes shaving a lot more enjoyable
>>
>>11046224
Thanks ill try that order
>>
File: tumblr_ni507dGOhb1qej1qto6_500.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni507dGOhb1qej1qto6_500.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
my face is super bloaty like 95% of the time when im at a consistent weight

but when I eat super weirdly ill sometimes have a face as tight as bateman for a couple days
and my friends seemed to of notice too

so
what am I doing wrong and what am I doing right?
Ive been told that drinking tons of water helps with facial bloating but it seems that it happens often when im not drinking a ton
yesterday I ate a raw hamburger and some granolia
and today I haven't eaten anything for the past like 15 hours and my face is tighter than its been in months

most of the time I eat like a normal person with 3 meals with diverse food groups
but most of the time I have a puffy fag face
>>
>>11046630
Force yourself to drink a lot of water.
>>
>>11046630
slap the fatty parts of your face.
it doesnt have to be very hard
slapping fatty areas makes fat go away.
also, walk in the morning. you're probably american and dont walk enough because you have to drive everywhere
>>
File: IMAG1047.jpg (1017 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1047.jpg
1017 KB, 1520x2688
Hey, so I have pic related its mine from when I was way young and emo. I want to be able to actually swim without having people think im emo, what can I do?
>>
>>11046637
I do that all the time and my face is normally bloated

its not bloated at all at the moment and this is one of the rare time that I havent drank really any water for a whole 2 days
>>
>>11046648
minimalist tattoo
>>
>>11046646
also, eating 3 times a day is honestly way too much... if you eat 3 times a day, make sure they arent full fucking meals.
>>
>>11046630
tfw have face like the first pic

i should stop drinking
>>
I hope you are all happy with your normal skin. I have eczema and it sucks ass. I'm tired of it. Tired as fuck.
>>
>>11046154
If your skin feels good, then it's great. Using moisturizer post-shaving works fine for most.

>>11046176
>>11046224
Yeah, the wiki is shit.
It's better to clean the area before exfoliating it to get rid of excess fats/dirt/bacteria/et c.

>>11046705
What have you tried to get rid of it?
>>
>>11046648
In-clinic mechanical/chemical dermabrasion, laser resurfacing, silicone treatment... I have a friend who had scars like that and chose to not give a shit - and no one else did. I think everyone can tell that the scars are old. Plus, they're not dark/red/sunken in/extremely raised.

>>11046656
>eating three times a day is honestly way too much

this is /skin/.

twink general is this way:
>>11040303
>>
>>11046652
this
>>
File: 91WeXXiZl6L._SY355_.jpg (27 KB, 343x355) Image search: [Google]
91WeXXiZl6L._SY355_.jpg
27 KB, 343x355
I can't believe I let you fucks meme me into buying this.

It LITERALLY does nothing.
>>
>>11047774
>falling for the meme
>>
Been using tretinoin for almost 5 months and haven't seen any improvements
this long on epiduo cleared me a couple of years ago, wtf face

Who here oily face?
I'm almost out of cerave cleanser and want to try something better. Cerave a shit
>>
>>11047774
Then you're using it wrong. Read the amazon review instructions, retard
>>
I came off of my antibiotics like a week ago and i can feel acne coming back after having clear skin for a while

there's literally no winning
>>
>>11047794
Only way to reduce oiliness long-term (and only option for men) is Accutane.

Women can use an aldosterone receptor blocker (can't think of the name right now) and lots of OCPs help alleviate ahknay.

I did 2 cycles, only ever had mild acne, but like deep painful pimples once a week that left purple marks after they healed, so I just said fuck it doc gimme dat TANE.

I'd suggest doing 20mg/day x 6-10 months depending on your buddyw888. Recent studies shown it's length of oil-producing gland suppression that leads to long-term remission of the acne, so try to get your skin dry/pimple-free with 20mg/day and keep it that way for an extra month or two to lock in those results.

They've shown daily dosage doesn't rly matter muchache, so don't go high-dose and get crazy side effects (I still have lingering MSK bullshit like trigger points, cracking/painful joints I never had before, cna't lift weights like I did before FUKKAKE). Also high chance it'll make you feel crazy, emotional, sad, etc.

But there's no better option for those of us born with oil slicks for faces.
>>
>>11048958
What were you on? I have severe cystic acne and to the point where I had to go on it when I was 13 in order to keep my skin from getting deformed because the cysts would be huge. I cleared up entirely while on it but unfortunately it came back in a much less severe form, but came back none the less as I was still in puberty. All I can recommend it Epiduo as Accutane and Epiduo are the only two things that have ever worked.
>>
which brand of Vitamin C Serum is the best to go with?
>>
File: E4SMiT9.jpg (365 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
E4SMiT9.jpg
365 KB, 1440x2560
What do I do about my shitty acne? I only really get it on my cheeks and chin, but never on my forehead. I wash my face and use a moisturizer every morning and night. I also try not to touch my face and change my pillow case every two days or so. What am I doing wrong?
>>
File: 20160311_195847[1].jpg (712 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160311_195847[1].jpg
712 KB, 2048x1152
yaaaaaaaaaay
>>
One more month of Accutane brehs. I can't wait to not feel like I'm shedding a layer of skin every hour. Pretty mixed experience and results though desu
>>
The OP pastebin is nice and all but there's a lot to read and a lot of options and no links. What should I cop if I have oily skin and minor acne on my cheeks / forehead? Also blackheads on my nose? I used these black strips for my nose once and they worked amazing.

Amazon links would be best thnx
>>
>>11050798
Is it hard to go to amazon and copypaste a product name? I mean it takes about 10 seconds. they're the top hit constantly
>>
>>11049239
Heard Mad Hippie is really popular, but it can be kind of expensive from what I've seen. Never used Vitamin C serum myself, would like to know where to get it cheaper without sacrificing quality. Taking tablet supplements at the moment since they were pretty cheap.
>>
Morning: witch hazel, rub upwards till dry.
Twice a week: aztec clay mask mixed with avc, jojoba + grapwseed oil. Moisturise with whatever i have around.

Keep your diet clean and stay away from soap of any kind on your face
>>
>>11047774
Leave it on for an hour with avc and it does, expect spots the next day tho. Takes a while to see effects
>>
>>11040217

Literal made up shit
>>
>>11040217
This is like some 19th century skull reading shit.
>>
>>11050798
>links
because we all live in the same country, right?
>>
>>11051403
An hour? Fucker, I let it on for 15 minutes the first time and it hurt so bad. I let it on for 10 minutes now.
>>
Does acne.org regimen works with primples marks?
>>
>>11051400
What is avc?
>>
>>11040505
Are you using an AHA? That will clear it up way faster. Also Cerave products have an acid that helps get rid of it faster. Starts with an H.

>>11041365
You can add an AHA and an occasional mask. Also Paula's BHA are low %'s and many people only see results with higher ones.

>>11041411
Looks cystic. Are you stressed? Try BHA, it goes deep into skin and kills the bacteria that makes pimples. Book an appointment with a dermatologist to get a collagen shot to get rid of it.

>>11041654
Oatmeal masks make skin lighter and use an AHA to get rid of the old skin. Queens in the middle ages used oatmeal baths to stay pale.

>>11042408
Zinc, vitamin c and vitamin e are all proven to help skin.

>>11042716
Look at my above posts to reduce scarring.

>>11044525
Do you have a face moisturiser? Many times oily skin is caused by dryness and your skin trying to compensate. It seems counter-productive, but it works.

>>11045928
It's incredibly popular. It claims to have a negative charge, draws acne to the surface from the epidermis and nourishes the skin.

>>11051670
Apple cider vinegar. Braggs is the best.
>>
File: TeaTreeOil.jpg (139 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
TeaTreeOil.jpg
139 KB, 1600x1600
does this shit work
>>
>>11052015
Yes but it's very strong/harsh on the skin make sure you mix it in with a carrier oil
>>
>>11051834
>Paula's BHA are low %'s and many people only see results with higher ones.

Salicylic acid toners are almost never >2.0%, mostly because of its poor solubility in water. The only products I've seen higher concentrations of SA is in different chloroform/ether/ethanol-based solutions for the treatment of calluses/warts. You may be confusing the BHA with AHA. They are often used in much higher concentrations.

Also see:
https://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/salicylic-acid

>>11041411 #
>Looks cystic.

No, it doesn't. That looks like a superficial pustule with minor surrounding inflammation, coupled with two spots of post-inflammatory erythema.

>Are you stressed?

Or just in his late teens/early 20s and has acne like ~90% of the rest of the people in his demographic.

>Try BHA, it goes deep into skin and kills the bacteria that makes pimples.

BHA, as in salicylic acid, does not kill bacteria at normal usage. That's a widespread myth - people may be confusing it with BP that does kill bacteria actively. All acidic topicals do help lower the pH of the skin, though, which makes it harder for acnegenic bacteria to grow.

>Book an appointment with a dermatologist to get a collagen shot to get rid of it.

There is minor evidence for collagen alleviating PIE, but sun protection + time + silicone sheeting + pulsed laser treatment is a better bet for now (similar for how some subtypes of rosacea is treated).
>>
>>11051834

>Oatmeal masks make skin lighter

Haven't seen any studies indicating that. Evidence-based skin-brightening ingredients are stuff like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, kojic acid.

>Queens in the middle ages used oatmeal baths to stay pale.

I can't

>Many times oily skin is caused by dryness and your skin trying to compensate.

Sebum production is mainly regulated by androgens. I'm not aware of any aware of any function in the skin that is able to sense trans-epidermal water loss and then regulate sebum production based off that.

>It claims to have a negative charge

Maybe that's what it claims, but it doesn't make any sense from a dermatological view.

>draws acne to the surface from the epidermis

The surface /is/ the epidermis. It's the outermost primary layer of the skin. Acne bacteria proliferates deep within the pilosebaceous ducts - primarily in the dermis. They are quite hard to "pull" out.

>and nourishes the skin

Not that I know of. It's simply meant to be highly exfoliating and good at getting rid of excess oil.

>Braggs apple cider vinegar is the best.

This hasn't been tested, afaik. The effectiveness is mainly based on the concentration of the acetic/malic acid and its pH-regulating properties. It doesn't really matter what brand you choose beyond that.

---

You seem interested in skincare. That's great. If you want to learn more about it, I would recommend truthinaging, Beautypedia, and aad.org, as well as /r/skincareaddiction.
>>
>>11051344
is it true that it can help with dark spots. I'm have black skin, I don't want to buy products that would bleach me the fuck up. I heard this serum is a more natural way to get rid of dark spots.
>>
>>11051834
how to do a oatmeal bath?
>>
Does anyone have experience with this PMD? I have large pores and acne scars on my face. I've used a few creams over the past few years,but they haven't really worked too well. I was wondering on buying this, but I don't want to get financially fucked in the ass.
>>
File: pmd.jpg (22 KB, 268x248) Image search: [Google]
pmd.jpg
22 KB, 268x248
>>11052791
forgot pic
>>
>>11052745
it's complete bullshit anon
it simply doesn't work
but hey if you feel like bathing in porridge...
>>
>>11040217
what the fuck, man
>>
>>11051670
>>11051834
alien vs creditor
>>
>>11052325
>Haven't seen any studies indicating that. Evidence-based skin-brightening ingredients are stuff like hydroquinone, azelaic acid, kojic acid.

It is proven you retard.

>I can't

Go back to tumblr. It's real history.

>Sebum production is mainly regulated by androgens. I'm not aware of any aware of any function in the skin that is able to sense trans-epidermal water loss and then regulate sebum production based off that.

It's proven that the skin will try to compensate and that moisturisers regulate sebum production.

>Maybe that's what it claims, but it doesn't make any sense from a dermatological view.

At this point, you're just trying to disagree with everything I'm saying no matter what it is to try and sound knowledgeable.

>This hasn't been tested, afaik. The effectiveness is mainly based on the concentration of the acetic/malic acid and its pH-regulating properties. It doesn't really matter what brand you choose beyond that.

It's fucking proven to be created in a way that would be less harsh to skin you fucking mongoloid. Take off your trip and kill yourself.

>>11052321
Salicylic acid toners are almost never >2.0%, mostly because of its poor solubility in water. The only products I've seen higher concentrations of SA is in different chloroform/ether/ethanol-based solutions for the treatment of calluses/warts. You may be confusing the BHA with AHA. They are often used in much higher concentrations.

Also see:
https://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/salicylic-acid

There are LOTS of people that don't see result with 2%. There are LOTS of people that only see results with higher %'s.

>No, it doesn't. That looks like a superficial pustule with minor surrounding inflammation, coupled with two spots of post-inflammatory erythema.

It actually does look cystic.
>>
>>11052321
>Or just in his late teens/early 20s and has acne like ~90% of the rest of the people in his demographic.

One of the main causes of cystic acne (Which is what he has) is stress which creates a hormone reaction. Also, it was a fucking question, so stop trying your hardest to act like a pretentious faggot.

>BHA, as in salicylic acid, does not kill bacteria at normal usage. That's a widespread myth - people may be confusing it with BP that does kill bacteria actively. All acidic topicals do help lower the pH of the skin, though, which makes it harder for acnegenic bacteria to grow.

The sole purpose of BHA is to kill acne bacteria. What you described is the exact same thing as killing the bacteria.

>There is minor evidence for collagen alleviating PIE, but sun protection + time + silicone sheeting + pulsed laser treatment is a better bet for now (similar for how some subtypes of rosacea is treated).

Since what he has is cystic, collagen will resolve what he has 100% guaranteed. I would bet my life on it.

You should spend less time tripping and being as pretentious as possible and do some more practical research. You know some decent shit, but you're way out of touch with the basics and instead of using your knowledge to help people, you're just twisting others words to stroke your ego.

I wouldn't tell you to kill yourself if you weren't a tripfag.
>>
I don't know why but my skin has gone to shit recently, the routine I've had for the past year is:

Morning and Night
>Cetaphil
>Salycilic acid
>benzoyl peroxide
>moisturiser, morning moisturiser has sunscreen

I shave using body shop shave cream and use an alum block afterwards before putting on benzoyl peroxide

My diet is pretty good, I don't eat too much sugar and I run often.

Help please I hate this :^(
>>
File: Snapchat-5330997514591864198.jpg (410 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5330997514591864198.jpg
410 KB, 1080x1920
>>11053749
Meant to attach this
>>
My penis gets like pimples and I'm able to pop them and I guess pus comes out. It always reoccurs in the same spot. How do I make them go away permanently?
>>
>>11053570

>It is proven

If that's the case, then you it should be easy for you to provide a source. Just link to an article from a somewhat respected journal and we'll be golden.

>It's real history.

Regardless of if this is the case or not, the "I can't" part is related to that this is not that relevant for us today. Not really seeing why we should follow skincare tips from the Dark Ages, unless they've been proven to work.

>It's proven that the skin will try to compensate

I've looked into this a couple of times, and have been unable to find a verification of this. If you've got a good source, please share it.

>that moisturisers regulate sebum production.

No. Sebum production is a highly endogenous process. It's quite hard to affect topically.

>At this point, you're just trying to disagree with everything I'm saying no matter what it is to try and sound knowledgeable.

I am pointing out things that simply are wrong and things that I don't believe helps people who want to improve their skin.

>It's fucking proven to be created in a way that would be less harsh to skin

Source required. Even if it is proven to be created in this way - does it work better because of it? Just link to some article, please.

>There are LOTS of people that don't see result with 2%. There are LOTS of people that only see results with higher %'s.

Could you please link some products for the face having a much higher concentration of SA? They're quite rare. Usually requires harsh solvents for the products to work.

>It actually does look cystic

It lacks the required swelling and erythema.
>>
>>11053583

>One of the main causes of cystic acne (Which is what he has) is stress which creates a hormone reaction.

No, sorry. While it is known that stress levels can impact androgens and later sebum production, "stress" is not part of The Big Four of acne vulgaris etiology.

>The sole purpose of BHA is to kill acne bacteria.

That's incorrect. The main purposes of BHA are to speed up desquamation/act as a keratolytic, improve general barrier integrity, restore the naturally low pH levels of the skin, act anti-inflammatory, and actively target the sebum in the pilosebaceous ducts due to its lipophilic nature.

>What you described is the exact same thing as killing the bacteria.

That's incorrect. Directly causing cell death and inhibiting further growth are two different things. Benzoyl peroxide, for example, is great at directly killing bacteria.

>Since what he has is cystic, collagen will resolve what he has 100% guaranteed.

No. Collagen injection is rather used for the treatment of scars - not active infections. Retinoids/antibiotics are better options.

---
>stop trying your hardest to act like a pretentious faggot.

>you retard

>you fucking mongoloid. Take off your trip and kill yourself.

>You should spend less time tripping and being as pretentious as possible and do some more practical research. You know some decent shit, but you're way out of touch with the basics and instead of using your knowledge to help people, you're just twisting others words to stroke your ego.

Please realize that my feedback to you is nothing personal. Insults are unnecessary. I consider the majority of the things you wrote to be incorrect, so that's why I responded to you. I think you would grow a lot as a person if you would learn to not take academic/factual critique as personal attacks.

I'm here to help. That's why I've provided free advice to people in /skin/ for years, and why I've written the FAQ.
>>
STHLM is the only good 4chan trip. May you forever be blessed with clear skin and clean pores.
>>
>all these shitty advice
no wonder you guys got shit skin (except for the tripfag here you cool). just run a korean skincare routine guys. western ones suck
>>
If you give up dairy, grains, and sugar, wtf do you eat? No sandwiches? I can't live like this.
>>
>>11055083
You don't need to give up grains though
>>
>>11055083
paleo diet nigga

>>11055390
i just binged on cheerios and broke out like crazy
>>
>>11053749
>>11053754
Oh wow, haha. Looked at your picture just now.

This may be a kind of boring answer, but if I were you I would probably see a dermatologist or just ask your GP for help. If you're already using BP twice daily then there's not that much to gain from upping the dose (usually just more side-effects).

If you go to see a derm, then you'll probably get to try a combination of benzoyl peroxide / antibiotics, and possibly later retinoids. But I don't think your skin is /that/ bad, really. I'm convinced you're gonna get through this and end up with lovely skin.

>>11054526
>>11054769
cheers
>>
>>11055395

if you eat a ton of grains then yeah, you're going to break out

If you only eat a little bit of grains every now and then you'll be fine.
>>
File: 1374486125114.jpg (76 KB, 391x391) Image search: [Google]
1374486125114.jpg
76 KB, 391x391
>>11055431
>I'm convinced you're gonna get through this and end up with lovely skin.
Are always Swedish people this nice?
>>
>>11056437
lol no
>>
Help me out /skin/ i have KP and my arms and upper back are full of scars. How the fuck do i get rid of these, i can't fucking wear tank tops or anything less than a shirt.
>>
Anyone got tips for Back Acne?
>>
>>11034737
Alright senpai, I'm 19 and a real problem area for acne for me is my nose. I usually get some decently sized red pimples and it takes a bit a time for it to go away more than 4 days probably. What can I do to help stop this from happening.

My routine is
>Morning
Put cleanser on in shower
Moisturize
>Night
Wash face
Cleanser
Benzoyl Peroxide
Sometimes Stridex Exfoilating Pads
>>
>>11057058
10% BP. first only PM the first week and then both AM and PM afterwards. the thick skin on the back can handle it. did wonders for my pizzaback
>>
>>11056941
what is KP?
>>
>>11058627
Keratosis Pillaris. Commonly known as chicken skin. Those tiny ass bumps on your skin with ingrown hair in them due to clogged pores caused by keratins.
They automatically become scars when you pick them, even accidentally.
>>
File: rawfoodpyramid.png (72 KB, 617x500) Image search: [Google]
rawfoodpyramid.png
72 KB, 617x500
literally flawless skin
>>
File: melon.jpg (32 KB, 286x446) Image search: [Google]
melon.jpg
32 KB, 286x446
Should I moisturize BEFORE or AFTER applying topical cream?

I feel that if I do it before, the cream won't be fully in contact with the skin. If i moisturize after, i feel that i'll be messing up the cream and just mixing it up in all the moisturizer
>>
>>11058881

before but just use a very thin layer
>>
>>11058677
i can vouch for this

the moment i started eating more raw instead of cooked and started eating less meat my skin got so much better. the days i dont eat meat i eat enough eggs to maintain a proper vitamin b12 level.

skin looks a lot more natural, slight glow and imperfections went away. actually got a few compliments last summer from both guys and girls
>>
>>11059087

I once did the 100% raw diet for a few months before changing life circumstances made me stop but I plan on starting to do it again soon.

I had intense cravings at first but then I started to feel great all the time and my skin became supermodel-tier for the duration I was on the diet. You crave hot foods but you can fool yourself with tea, a favorite thing was to eat raw broccoli and wash it down with hot green tea.
>>
>>11059130
green tea with some coconut water added and raw broccoli is god tier

I don't like the extreme "vegan raw food" side of things. creating a balanced diet by combining it with the highest tier organic certified eggs and meat/fish makes life a lot easier while still following the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
>>
>>11059174

I personally feel really good when I go 100% but I also agree that its not for everyone and some people don't feel good doing it even if they are getting all the right nutrients etc. There is some evidence of negative health effects of eggs, meat and fish but if you are eating tons of raw veggies its so much better then what 99% of people eat anyway it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>11059234
pretty much everything has negative health effects in one way or another. im personally doing whatever weights the most in terms of positives and negatives and what follows my philosophy

a non-product way to improve skin is stress relief. not talking about smoking some ayy weed lmao for temporary stress relief, but clearing your head by planning, excercising and meditation/praying/etc
>>
>>11059278

indeed
>>
>>11034737
How do I get rid of wrinkles on my face, mostly my forehead? I'm 23 years old but people always tell me I look as if I'm on my late twenties/early thirties.

Is following the first guide enough for this? Please respond.
>>
>>11059681

I don't know much about that and I would recommend researching on the web what professionals say about it but whatever they recommend it can be complimented by making that you don't scrunch up your forehead as part of facial expressions and by putting sunscreen on your forehead every day
>>
Does anyone know if I should wash my face after it gets dirty/sweaty? I already use a gentle cleanser in the morning and cleanse/moisturize at night. Will it be too much washing?

My skin is dry and I mainly have cheek acne.
>>
>>11057884
Where do you even buy 10% BP that comes in a big enough container for use on the back? The tubes from Target and shit are way too small to be practical.
>>
>>11057058
change soap to a ph friendly one and use bp. sebamed is a good one and you could pair it eitha kojac sponge

>>11057559
stridex before bp. add sunscreen after moisturizer on am.

describe your acne pls

>>11058881
moisturizer is always last except with sunscreen

>>11059681
sunscreen and vitamin c serum

>>11059929
2x a day is best. try and pattern any physical activity that way (so wash face after any sports but not before). id recommend double cleasing at night with an oil cleanser if you feel dirty
>>
Can stress cause acne? My forehead just suddenly got covered in whiteheads after a breakup. Kind of sucks desu
>>
When was the last time you guys fapped?
>>
>>11060804
Now
>>
File: a1KaS3o.jpg (743 KB, 3000x4000) Image search: [Google]
a1KaS3o.jpg
743 KB, 3000x4000
How do I fix this shit?
>>
>>11061207
Nose strips.
Then clay mask once a week for maintenance.
>>
>>11060786
Yeah, stress causes your hormones to fluctuate which increases your body's oil secretion.
Oil + Dead skin cells = acne.
>>
>>11061207
aztec secret, baby
>>
>>11058677
>>11059087
>>11059130
So how do you prepare meals or do you just eat a pile of raw vegetables?
>>
>>11061343
+ bacteria

no acne without bacteria
>>
>>11061417
I don't only eat raw vegetables. Raw vegetables are just easier to digest and contain more vitamins/minerals than cooked food.

Breakfast: Yoghurt with oats, nuts, dried/fresh fruit. // Bakery bread with peanut/almond butter / fruit / eggs /
Lunch & snacks: Same as breakfast. Just raw fruits or vegetables like cucumber, carrots, tomatoes etc.
Dinner: Big fan of salads, pasta (whole grain), soups and tons of other stuff.

It's not about only eating raw stuff, it's about adding more raw stuff into your diet, dropping pre-packaged shit and lowering your meat intake.
>>
>>11034737
I live in the netherlands and don't have access to fancy brands like Cerave, now what?

I wanna start with a simple beginners routine but I have no idea what to buy.
>>
>>11061417

The more raw veggies you eat the better but if you want to go 90% or 100% raw its literally just eating piles of raw veggies. You can mince them up to make it easier to chew and swallow them and you can make salads as well. Also there are a lot of nuts and seeds and spouted grains you can eat so its not all veggies.
>>
>>11062061
Just buy them online
>>
>>11062061
cetaphil @ drogistplein, drogisterijpuntnet, bolcom
baxter of california & brickell @ MoQuer
>>
>>11062061
check local brands online and compare the ingredients with that of cerave
>>
File: IMG_20160315_215625.jpg (377 KB, 1884x1004) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160315_215625.jpg
377 KB, 1884x1004
I have really bad under-eye blue/dark circles.

What do, all I know it's not a disease and I sleep 7-8 hour a night.

Sleep more ?
>>
>>11062061
You have pharmacies that carry French brands that are just as good if it not superior to what we have in NA.

La Roche Posay, Avene, and Bioderma are all well formulated, no frills dermatological brands
>>
How do i access the general routine? Hastebin is down
>>
So dairy is bad, does that include whey protein isolate?
>>
>>11063862

whey is nowhere near as bad but you would still be better off consuming some form of plant protein

If you asking because you use it after weightlifting you can get the same amount of protein easily from most raw nuts. Personally, I like hemp protein powder, it naturally contains all the essential amino acids and omega threes and its super easy to digest.

>>11062702
Go to bed earlier, our bodies evolved to function in top condition when we go to bed close to when the sun goes down. Try going to bed at 9:30-10 for a week or earlier if you already do. Looking at electronic screens late at night can cause them too.
>>
How bad is alcohol for skin?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.