[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys who live at home embark on diy projects? I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 20
How do you guys who live at home embark on diy projects?

I am 25 but live with my parents because this area is economically very expensive and I don't make enough to live alone. I want to do DIY to try and make home feel like I belong here but am having difficulty in doing so

My main idea is that I want to build an outhouse in the back garden primarily for myself. My parents deny me however, and insist I am not allowed to do so.

Their primary arguments against the outhouse are ridiculous and all have very easy, logical counterpoints.

>I have nowhere to store the wood
Of course, I would store the wood under a large tarp.

>It would cause the garden to stink
I would use air freshner. Besides, I enjoy a primarily fruit based diet so my faeces do not stink. Besides I would be excreting into the soil which would cause the worms to quickly take away any overly ripe lumps

>It wouldn't have any drains
I would empty it into the bins

>It would upset the neighbours
It isn't their business.

>We have a toilet in the house
But we don't have an outhouse, saying 'we have a toilet in the house' to argue against an outhouse is like saying 'but I have food on my plate' when asked why I have sat staring at food without eating for 2 days.

How do you guys get your 'share' od DIY done in the house? Is it a problem you face?
>>
I can't imagine how disappointed your parents are in you. You're 25, living at home because you don't earn enough to move out, and your solution to the situation is to build yourself a private shithouse in their yard? Outstanding.

You should have told them you want to build a shed for other projects, then dug a pit inside and shit in that without them knowing.
>>
>>999186
Acually I would have thought they should be proud of me.

I was NEET for 2 years and managed to get a job and I work harder than either of them. I pay rent. And guess what?

They caught me shitting in the garden about 5 months ago. Which is why I want an Outhouse. I don't like shitting indoors. I am solving a problem with the households ability to function.
>>
>>999191
I will grant that building an outhouse would be preferable to seeing their son secretly shitting in the garden, but lets be honest here, both are well below the threshold of acceptable behavior for an adult trying to make their parents proud.
>>
>>999195
Preventing me from buiding it will cause me to shit in the garden.
>>
>>999195
The get your own place
>>
>>999183
>been on 4chan for years
>read some damn funny things on /b/ , /pol/ and /r9k/

>this fucking thread has me in tears I am laughing so hard
>>
This is why no one likes millennials.
>>
>>999183
"diy projects" and "building an outhouse in the backyard for some bizarre reason" are on different ends of the scale

go check the local codes to see if they are even legal...if this is an HOA area you are screwed

a simpler answer would be to find some woods, then poo there
>>
File: 4643138.jpg (25 KB, 400x541) Image search: [Google]
4643138.jpg
25 KB, 400x541
>>
>>999197
Or maybe shit in the fucking toilet that your parents provided for you?
In the bathroom they provide for you.
In the house they provide for you.
>>
>>999204
>a simpler answer would be to find some woods, then poo there
Right?

OP is your parents home located anywhere remotely rural where this might seem normal? I say your parents home intentionally here because you may live there, but you're not even domesticated apparently so you can't really call it your home.
>>
>>999183
Include me in the r/4chan post.
>>
>>999204
Move to India. You'll fit right in.
>>
>>999228
hey, I'm not the one pooing in the yard....
>>
>>999191
>I am solving a problem with the households ability to function
That solution is simple, use the toilet and stop being a dumb ass.
>>
>>999246
OP is literally autistic. What does he do if he needs to go while he's at work? Try to hold it in and shit his pants like an autistic faggot because he can't use indoor plumbing is what.
>>
Poo in the loo.

Super power by 2020.
>>
File: unnamed (1).png (120 KB, 360x351) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).png
120 KB, 360x351
Op is a poor vegetarian hipster faggot.. Get yourself a better job and stop fondling with shit biscuits and use a toilet like a normal fucking human being in the 21s century you darn cuntnugget!
>>
>>999183
Here is your baby's first project
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 640x855) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 640x855
>>999427
>>
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 679x533) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 679x533
>>999183
>>
POO
>>
File: 1332180371296.jpg (31 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
1332180371296.jpg
31 KB, 450x342
>>999186
I just want you to know, that is the most appropriate use of the word "Outstanding" I have heard in a while. Kudos.
>>
>>999251
>work

I don't think you know where you are.
>>
>>999191
Are you from mexifornia?
>>
>>999183
Bro. If you live in any city that isn't a suburb of Brokdikistan or in any former Soviet country this is definitely illegal.

Nobody, least of all your parents is going to let you have a giant hole filed with piss and shit in you backyard.

Now building a small shed that looks like an out house might actually be kinda cool depending on the style of the home. But if your hang up is being able to fill up your shed with human shit, you're crazy.
>>
File: download.jpg (2 KB, 124x188) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
2 KB, 124x188
>>999502
OP could use a caravan toilet like a van dweller, but you will have to empty it every few days... I'm not sure if that would sate his autism though, I mean it's almost like using an indoor toilet.
>>
>>999568
To much plastic, he might choke on it
>>
>>999183

Idk what country you are in but sounds like it's first world and just thought you should know using outhouses is illegal in most first world countries iirc. (I know it is in america
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s[1].jpg (42 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s[1].jpg
42 KB, 480x270
>>999183
>>
Holy shit OP.
This is some insane autism.
I have read years worth of autism on /b/ but this is insane.
I am crying because of laughter.

You are a degenerate who can't move out whilst your parents only keep you there because they know that if they kicked you out you would be dead within a week.
And even then you decide it is a good idea to ask your parents whether or not they are okay with you building a shitter in the garden.
And when they tell you know you get mad at them.
I really feel sorry for your parents but they kind off deserve it for raising such a disgrace.
>>
File: 1406498110485.gif (307 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1406498110485.gif
307 KB, 267x200
>>999183
Wow, OP. Just... Wow.
>>
>>999183
>my faeces do not stink

topkeks
>>
>>999186
>>
>>999183
this is the greatest post I've seen on /diy/ in a while
>>
>>999612
>this post
I almost choke on my food, thanks anon
>>
>>999191
>They caught me shitting in the garden about 5 months ago
You're lucky they didn't whoop your ass faggot. What makes you think it's alright to shit in the garden of a house you don't own?
>>
>>999425
I'm vegetarian, and I don't shit in the garden. I use a fucking toilet. Don't go lumping us in with autists like OP
>>
What do you choose mister Ranjeet? Poo in loo or shit in street?
>>
>>999183
Lived in a tent in my grandparents side yard for 3 years while I finished college
Gramp let me live in the yard, but I was not allowed access to the house, he even fenced the side yard off and put a gate so I could come and go
Had water from a hose ans he let me use 4 outside outlets
Tent was destroyed in a windstorm so I bought a small, build it yourself, shed from Lowes, it was a returned, damaged unit, had 3 windows and a Dutch door
Was like moving into a hotel, from the tent
Had a garden for vegetables, there was an apple and a peach tree, had 6 chickens for eggs
For a toilet I used a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat hinged to the top, after using I sprinkled some cedar shavings on top and once a week I would add the waste to my compost pile
Had a solar shower, each afternoon I could shower, had an area next to my shed where I had pretty good privacy
Getting ready to buy some land and pretty much do a similar but larger setup
Got a great job, but I hate being in an apartment, need to get back to a simpler life and get my feet in the dirt
>>
>>999833
>but I was not allowed access to the house
wut, like, never? cheers gramps. Should have became a fruitarian, shit dont stink then.
>>
Ignore these losers OP and continue pooping in the garden. I'm an otherkin as well and hate that I've been domesticated to the point of having to use human plumbing because my mom lives in an apartment. If I had a garden I'd be pooping in it every day.
>>
>>999211
https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/4lemgc/op_wants_an_outhouse/
>>
>>999842
>I'm an otherkin
and Im an attack helicopter - you have no idea how frustrating it is my unjust so-called parents wont flatten house roof me to land comfortably, typical boomers, just care about their own damn wellbeing.
>>
>>999852
Same here. My transphobic doctor won't proscribe me hellfire missiles to make me transition.
>>
>>999202
this times infinity
>>
File: e8ab2.gif (2 MB, 331x240) Image search: [Google]
e8ab2.gif
2 MB, 331x240
>>999833
Your grandfather sounds like a cunt
>>
File: 1462085394626.jpg (46 KB, 541x554) Image search: [Google]
1462085394626.jpg
46 KB, 541x554
>>999854
>>999842
>>999183
>>999852
Im having a similar problem. My mom's boyfriend wont pay for my scuba lessons. He says its too expensive and a wast of time. I tryed to explain to him that im otherkin and that im only happy when im underwater in my natural home but he won't take me seriously. My doctor is worse she refuses to even consider prescribing me yellow cake uranium. WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT IN MY NECLEAR GENERATOR DR PARSON?!! Mashed potatoes?!! This fucking bigoted society! Im submarinekin btw
>>
File: 1448605598902.jpg (31 KB, 630x405) Image search: [Google]
1448605598902.jpg
31 KB, 630x405
>>999191
Are you by any chance Indian?

I believe a designated shitting street in your backyard with shanty buildings along it would suit your needs much better.
>>
>>999197
Shit in the house you super spastic. Fucking christ just die
>>
>>999831
You're still a retard, though
>>
>>999183
Why the fuck do you need to shit in a disgusting outdoor portojohn you fucking neanderthal? Focus on saving money and getting a career path to move to another city and less on shitting in your parents' backyard and you'll be way better off in life.
>>
I hope OP's parents find him shitting in the lawn again and his dad beats him so hard he ends up in a nightmare coma
>>
Random shitting boxes are often against zoning and building codes for good reason.

OP is an idiot. Outhouses are nasty, end of story, and shitters of last resort. OP should an hero.

There is a creative use for an outhouse. I have a ruralbro whose land would not perc test for a standard septic but he lives alone and didn't feel like the hassle of diggine and installing a suitable system with elevated drain fields.

He had an outhouse (legal there) so he plumbed his indoor toilet to flush to the outhouse. Same quantity of waste plus water to speed decomposition. Working well for many years and if it ever doesn't, he can move the outhouse a few yards and fill previous hole.
>>
>>999183
Good job OP
See how much more effective this thread is now that you arent making those nicotine threads anymore?
>>
>>1000656
what nicotine threads?
>>
File: 1459553918310.jpg (83 KB, 588x581) Image search: [Google]
1459553918310.jpg
83 KB, 588x581
>>999183
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?
>>
File: 1456333782287.jpg (13 KB, 238x255) Image search: [Google]
1456333782287.jpg
13 KB, 238x255
>This thread
>>
>>999191
>I don't like shitting indoors.

This is more common than you might think. A recent survey showed 92% of American adults and children and 88% of Canadian adults and children do not like shitting indoors, although shitting in cars earned a respectable "would do" from 78% of the survey participants.

The problem I have OP, is that an outhouse is a structure and you would be shitting indoors, but just in a dedicated building.

Perhaps you should think about putting a hinge on the roof so you can open it up and not be shitting outdoors.
>>
File: grab-it-time-toilet_0_o.jpg (94 KB, 388x507) Image search: [Google]
grab-it-time-toilet_0_o.jpg
94 KB, 388x507
>>1000727
What a time to be alive, I cant wait for technology to further make out world better.
>>
>>999191
>They caught me shitting in the garden about 5 months ago. Which is why I want an Outhouse. I don't like shitting indoors. I am solving a problem with the households ability to function.
Stop eating Indian food, it's making you think like an Indian.
>>
>>1000727
Source: My ass.
>>
File: himZD0M.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
himZD0M.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>999191
>I work harder than either of them
>>
>>999488
He's already said more than once that he has a job, you dumb shitfuck
>>
>>1001885
This thread is too good to not bother reading it...
>>
>>999847
Fucking /v/ crops
>ZOOM IN ON THE FUNNY PARTS
>ENHANCE
>>
File: oranges.jpg (9 KB, 200x135) Image search: [Google]
oranges.jpg
9 KB, 200x135
>doesn't want to move out
>lives off parents
>gives them ultimatum
>shit in garden
>build outhouse
This has to be a fucking joke, because if not i'm in fucking tears.
>>
I just love how he thinks he's actually counter-arguing his parents and giving valid arguments...
>>
>>1000186
The poster might be such a piece of shit Gramps cut him a break. There are good reasons for not sharing too much of your property and destroying your privacy.
>>
ENOUGH FLAMING. DUDE'S WELL DONE BY NOW. DUDE ASKED A QUESTION. ACTUALLY, TWO QUESTIONS. EXCEPT ONE WAS KIND OF JUST CLICKBAIT FOR PARENTAL POOP DRAMA GUIDANCE FROM PEERS.

FIRST QUESTION: HOW DO YOU (THE UNEMPLOYED BORED QUASI-REBELLIOUS MILLENNIAL LIVING AT HOME) SATISFY YOUR ADHD FIRED FUCK THE SYSTEM I'LL DO IT MYSELF SPIRIT WITH BUZZKILL PARENTS WHO WON'T EVEN LET YOU TAKE APART THE OLD WASHING MACHINE?

A: PLEASE DISCUSS.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:

1. STOP ASKING PERMISSION AND JUST DO IT. IMPRESS PARENTS WITH EPIC SKILLZ. BUILD YOUR EPIC SKILLZ RESUME WITH A NUMBER OF IMPRESSIVE SEEMING PROJECTS, AND THEN GIVE REAL OR BS EPIC SKILLZ SALES PITCH TO YOUR PARENTS FOR MILKING FUTURE PROJECT MONEY FROM YOUR PARENTS, MAKING SURE TO POINT OUT HOW ALL THE SMART RICH GENIUSES YOU HEAR ABOUT ON TV ALL DID WEIRD POINTLESS PROJECTS IN THEIR YOUTH THAT THEY BUILT THEIR FORTUNES OR LEARNED EVERYTHING FROM.

2. DON'T GET PERMISSION, DO SHIT, REFUSE TO STOP DOING SHIT, GET KICKED OUT, FIND A NEW PLACE, REPEAT.

4. TURN TO DRUGS AND ALCOHOL.

5. ???? IDEAS?
SECOND QUESTION: HOW TO POOP 'OUTSIDE' IN A SUBURBAN RESIDENTIAL SETTING.

SOLUTION: LATE NIGHT BACKYARD DOGGY STYLE. BAG THAT SHIT. POOP IS GOOD FOR THE GARDEN, BUT UNLESS THAT'S A HUGE GARDEN IT'S GONNA BUILD UP, ALSO THERE ARE LEGITIMATE REASONS FOR THE SAYING DON'T SHIT WHERE YOU EAT. UNLESS YOU HAVE MORE THAN A FEW ACRES OF BACK YARD, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE A HARD TIME WITH AN OUTHOUSE BECAUSE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LOCATED A GOOD DISTANCE FROM THE HOUSE DUE TO NATURALLY EMITTED SUMMER SANDALWOOD OUTHOUSE FRAGRANCEā„¢

OTHER SOLUTIONS?
>>
>>1002812
>look at me
>i posted this thread to reddit
>now let me try to ham it up to impress the redditors!

Kill yourself
>>
>>1002812
Fuck off faggot. You're not impressing anyone here.
>>
>>1002812
Fuck.
Off.

Then learn to type properly cunt.
>>
>>1002812
>1
>2
>4
Where did you learn to count
>>
>>999230
POO
>>
File: 1324182733369.png (90 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1324182733369.png
90 KB, 200x200
>>999191
Are you for real?
>>
>>999191
DESIGNATED
E
S
I
G
N
A
T
E
D
>>
Pallets would be perfect for an outhouse because they allow ventilation.

Image search outhouses, then nail one together from pallets.
>>
>>1004655
A shipping container would be neater, and OP could pipe his waste to the outhouse while shitting in comfort.
>>
>>1004659
The shipping container could be covered with pallets, thus blending with the pallet outhouse.

If OP digs the outhouse pit deep enough he could bury the shipping container and shit safely below ground.

Post Scatbunker pics if you do this.
>>
>>999183
Anon just move out and buy some property innawoods.
>>
I've got it.

Okay, so you're going to build a mini house on a trailer.

1 room, nothing in it but a bench made out of reclaimed barn wood and black iron pipe.

In the middle of the seat there will be a hole.

Directly below that hole will be a hole in the floor.

Part 2 of the plan requires a crowbar and a truck(or that recumbent flywheelin stump pullin tricycle tractor that one anon conceived before we crushed his dreams as well).

Simply find a manhole leading to the waste sewer(or the sanitary sewer if you feel children are worthy enough to swim with your faeces once it's delivered to a local beach or creek), pop it open, pull your mobile shit shack over it, and unload your cargo.

While you're in there you can plot the next additions.

Solar panels
Stolen car batteries
Electromagnet to lift the manhole covers
Motor

I recommend getting wire from the same houses you pull copper pipe out of when you're scrapping for rocks.

The best part, you can store off of your parents property so no one will ever know about it but you.

Godspeed
>>
>>999205
Litterally
>>
>>999847
Where were you when OP became legend?
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.