[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice-changer to 3.5mm throat mic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: buthow.png (2 MB, 2480x1469) Image search: [Google]
buthow.png
2 MB, 2480x1469
Hello /diy/

First timer here, can anyone help me with soldering pic related together?

Changer had a white and red wire connecting it to its mic.
Throat mic had a red and green wire.
Soldered red to red and white to green but no joy.

How wrong am I doing this?
>>
>>999181
Swap wires, if still no worky, probably an impedance mismatch or something.
>>
>>999208
What do I do in that scenario?
>>
>>999210
Figure out what the impedance should be and fix it.
Also how many wires does that throat mic actually have? The original connector does not look mono.
>>
The faggot in the other thread is wrong. Electret microphones are polarized and won't work if attached backwards.
>>
>>999264
Not OP, but I've never really thought about how electrets are put together. What components in them are polarized?
>>
Are you sure the mic only has red and green, and not perhaps red, green, and bare ground?
>>
If the throat mic was made for a cb radio, then do some googling on cb radio pin outs. The voice changer was likely pinned the same way computer mic jacks are. Google their pin out. Get a female and male jack and make an adaptor. I was never able to find a ready made adaptor.

I tried using a throat mic on my pc once. My project made it to just needing to solder the adaptor together. I stopped the project because my need for a throat mic went away (gf moved in then married me, had to switch to headphones and that eliminated the feedback I was getting from my desktop speakers.) Headphone mic sounded better than the prototype adaptor so it all got swept into the scrap drawer.
>>
>>999380
Red Green and Copper wires with that white insulation.
Is the earphone in the throat mic fuckin this up for me?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.