[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /diy/ I'm a degenerate who's doing a deep clean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 090427g.jpg (29 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
090427g.jpg
29 KB, 640x424
sup /diy/
I'm a degenerate who's doing a deep clean of my room. What tips do you guys have to eliminate odors and purify the air?
>>
Get a bucket of activated charcoal and toss it inside. Make sure to close the door real fast too
>>
Buy the powder shit you dump on the floor then vacuum up and wipe down the walls
>>
>>999065
get rid of your cum box
>>
>>999065
Get rid of rug.
>>
File: sihngaA.jpg (448 KB, 2203x2937) Image search: [Google]
sihngaA.jpg
448 KB, 2203x2937
To clean the boogers off from under the desk, simply hit it with a bit of bleach then rub with steel wool.
>>
>>999065

I change my underwear...everything smells fresh and clean for a few months...
>>
Remove carpet
>>
>>999065
Ask a woman.
>>
Ozone generator. Hotels use it
>>
>>999065
Wash everything clothes and bed related. You will have to take the bedspread to the cleaners. Move all of the furniture forward towards the center of the room. Vacuum the floor behind the furniture then steam clean it. Check the wall directly behind the head of your bed and wipe it down if need be. Also unscrew vents and suck the dust out with a shopvac or vacuum if it has a detachable hose. Push the furniture back, then finish vacuuming and steam cleaning the rest of the floor. Take any trashcans outside and hose them down. Use dawn on the inside and swirl it around. Now would be a good time to go drawer by drawer and sort through your stuff. I unusually place everything I'm sorting through on the bed. You can use gallon sized ziplock bags to sort like items together. You can use zipties to tidy up electrical cords. Last up, dusting. Take all of the stuff including computers, TV's, video game consoles, and books off the furniture to be sure you get it all. Get the top of the fan blades as well. Vacuum one last time to be sure you got all of the dust. Assuming you did it right, your room should smell much better.
>>
>>999065
Shampoo the carpets, wipe down all the walls and surfaces, wash all your clothes sheets and curtains, desiccant packets or charcoal or baking soda, open windows and sunlight.
>>
>>999065
Clean everything thoroughly, then hit it with ozone. You'll need a powerful generator capable of producing lethal concentrations, so treat it like you're fumigating the room. Look up ozone shock treatment for more info. It's the best there is for cleaning stubborn organic smells, but it is not effective on thick deposits of gunk.
>>
>>1001070
Great advice. Cannot stress enough, WASH BEDDING. Consider throwing away bed pillows and getting new ones for ten bucks at Target.
>>
Stop farting
>>
This might be an unlikely situation, but if you do all the shit listed above and your room still stinks, check under the house. I once had a giant rat burrow its way into the insulation under my bedroom and die. It drove me mad for a couple of weeks, because no amount of cleaning would get rid of the smell.
>>
File: german_jizz_desk.jpg (355 KB, 1052x1564) Image search: [Google]
german_jizz_desk.jpg
355 KB, 1052x1564
>>999224
reminds me this
>>
"Smudging" by burning wintergreen is a great way to destroy odors. I've used it on some nasty rentals.

You can order wintergreen leaves online. I toss it in a stainless tub (you don't need much), pull any smoke detector batteries and have at it. It's not like incense.
>>
wash everything with bicarbonate of soda and water.
>>
>>1001831
WI. DER. LICH.
>>
>>1001066
This, also Ozium spray. Works great for cars too
>>
I have a similar problem with my room and our car when the warm weather returns. I fixed the odor in our car by pouring fabric softener on the carpet and letting it dry during the winter months. Then did a deep steam clean this past month with vinegar and the smell is gone.

My room is still the hottest room in the house and smells just bake in the bedroom.

I washed the sheets and gave the carpet the same fabric softener treatment, but the smell still returns by the end of the day.

I just don't know what is next to do.
>>
>>999065
>>1001070
>Take all of the stuff including computers
Something i have noticed is that computers filled with dust start to smell horribly after a while, and the fan just keep blowing it around the room.
So clean out your computers too.
>>
>>1004533
Have you checked if it's the mattress that smells?
Very hard to do anything about and it might be time to get a new one.

Other than that, try soaking the sheets in warm water with a cup of vinegar and a few table spoons of dish soap for an hour or so, then put them in the washing machine with a half a cup of baking soda.

Put the baking soda in with the sheets, not in the detergent tray.
Even better is to spread out the sheets and sprinkle baking soda evenly over them before putting them in the washer.

Then wash on hot at whatever "heavy duty" wash cycle you washer has.
>>
>>1004571
I think it might be the carpet. I am putting down wooden floors in our den and when I took up the carpet I immediately noticed the smell of the carpet. We just had them steam cleaned.

I might tell my mother I want to rid my bedroom carpet as well, since it all looks like trash anyways and each room is transitioning to wood anyways.

Will sprinkling baking soda on the carpet work?
>>
File: 1449501154437.jpg (79 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1449501154437.jpg
79 KB, 960x955
>>1001831
was this shit really oc,nevern seen this,waaah x(
>>
>>1001831

Intresting how a german imageboard content made it to /diy/.

>_ !
>>
>>1004608
>Will sprinkling baking soda on the carpet work?
Can't hurt anything, just let it sit over night or something then vacuum it up.
But if it really is the carpet removing it is probably going to be the only way to get rid of the smell.

DESU i don't understand why anyone would want carpet floors.
>>
>>1004632
That is why we are transitioning to wooden floors. Carpet was nice and comfy to sit on during the winter, but after some years they absorbed a smell.

Like today the room smells nice because of the cool temps today, but the forecast is saying it will get hot and humid in a few days and that will really bring the smell back.

I just assume it is the carpet because it is the only thing I know in the room that can absorb a smell besides the bed which I washed covers.
>>
>>1004627
go back in the cellar
>>
>>999065
washing the ceiling and walls with white vinegar a little dawn dish soap and warm water works nicely. suggest doing this last, after the carpets and anything else. can use a swiffer pole with a rag. did this before selling my condo and nobody noticed that I smoked indoors
>>
>>1001831
Hah. Not Ger., but c'mon, pretty simple to decode:
Eleven years of uncontrolled "spritzing" or spurting. (*pukes into my baseball cap*)
>>
>>1005028
Might work since I burn a lot of insense, but since the weather is about to get really warm, so will the smell return.

Gonna let a thick solution of fabric softener/baking soda sit in my carpet before steam clean and hit the walls with your solution as well before the humidity gets here.
>>
where do live? what's the climate like?
>>
take all your stuff outside and let in sit in direct sunlight for several hours

vacuum your room

open the windows

vacuum again

wash everything

vacuum again

throw away trash

vacuum again

dust off items outside and start to bring them back in

throw away more stuff

vacuum one final time

close windows
>>
>>1005655
Just Did this. Working so far. The humidity is coming in this week to put it to the test.
>>
>>999206
This plus a can of Ozium sprayed as per Direction's... Then tap the spray lightly on your carpet and heavy on the entry way so stepping into your room will release the scent on your carpet.. Find it in automotive sections with the cleaning supplies... Rarely with other fresheners in the other part of the store.....DO not get new car scent....go original
>>
>>999206
>>1006630
Gonna do this every one to two weeks.
>>
Get a women to do it, they be born for shit like this
>>
>>1001486
Pillows can actually go in the washing machine too, and it makes a huge difference. They need an extra spin and a few runs through the dryer and they are seriously good as new
>>
File: 1424546102639.jpg (65 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1424546102639.jpg
65 KB, 500x483
>>1006976
that depends on the type of pillows, and if they say they can't be washed, get new ones that can

those foam core ones are fucking annoying to wash

my deep cleaning protocol is
-sponge mop(just water maybe a tiny amount of degreaser if you are a smoker and change the mix out 2 times to really get those bitches clean) the ceilings and walls

-take down the light fixtures and clean them out simple soap and water work well enough

-clean off all furniture, with appropriate cleaners, lemon oil for woods, and something like pinesol/lysol for everything else

-get all the washable stuff out of the room to wash later

-clean out all the furniture, take out computers and game consoles to be dusted outside, i use a leaf blower because i don't get a fuck, and it works, smoker it's easier to just replace all the fans and heatsinks than to try and clean them

-get the floor, move all the shit to one side, vacuum it, shampoo it, let it dry, do the same to the other side, if you can/want to get rid of the rug do it, clean under it, leave the mattress for last, it's usually best to replace it if it's old, if not spot clean it and and use something to fight the odor, the last time i cleaned a mattress i got a huge sheet of plastic and duct taped all but one opening at the top and the opposite side, and used the leaf blower again to force dry that bitch a few times after using a fabric deodorizer, and put a few plastic clips on the open side to control the airflow to get as much air through the mattress as possible
>>
>>1005629
>Eleven years
It's one and a half years actually. It would look worse if it were eleven years... *cough*
>>
google 5s
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.